Chapter 3

Save What's Left of Me

Driving into the city, I was in complete awe.  I’ve visited Seoul before and I always loved the bright lights, the busy scenery, and how alive it was. As I was admiring my new home, Soo-man Appa broke me from my gazing, “Look over there, that’s where you two are going to school!” The place was written as SM High School and it looked pretty prestigious. Oh School……. It’s been a while since I’ve attended school physically. Before I went into my deep-thinking, we arrived at the apartment complex.

 

We walked in and took an elevator all the way to the top floor, the penthouse. Wow, I never realized how rich Doctor Lee was. Soo-man Appa and Kris grabbed our bags and escorted us in to what would become OUR home. Immediately walking in, my jaw dropped. The place was gorgeous. It was like straight out of a magazine.

“Okay Kris, show (Y/N) where her room is going to be!” I looked up when he called for Kris, “Okay Appa, come on (Y/N). I headed upstairs with Kris and he introduced me into my new room, “Here’s your bedroom, I hope you like it.” I opened the door and was actually really happy with the room:

 

(Let's pretend we have a desk in here)

 

I had a nice view of the city and it seemed like such a nice place for me to get away once in a while.

 

“Umm (Y/N)?” I looked at Kris who had such a nervous expression on his face. He walked towards me, but I quickly backed up. Kris went around me to my new desk, “Here, my Appa told me you like art, so I got you this gift; it's in your drawers." I opened it and almost screamed, “OMG! Kris, you got this for me? Thank you so much.” He actually smiled a bit and responded, “Well, we’re going to be around each other for a while, so I thought I might as well break the ice between us a bit.”

 

Although I was still a moody girl, I remembered to keep my passion for art. Kris got me a sketchpad with new equipment, for sketching, shading, and coloring. I was into capturing the world as I saw it. Lately, my drawings were becoming more goth than happy. I suddenly found myself hugging Kris, which completely stunned me. I never wanted to be near a guy, let alone have any physical contact. I could see the shock on his face and before he or I could respond,

 

"Well (Y/N), get settled and Soo-man and I are going to go unpack our stuff."

 

"Okay Mom!"

 

Kris handed me my stuff and even helped me unpack my stuff. "I hope you like it here; I pretty much love it here." "Uh, yeah, I hope so too." Even though we shared a few words, at least we were having a bit of conversation. "So you draw, that's real cool." I looked at him, "Yeah... I got a passion for it." Again, the awkward atmosphere came until finally we were done unpacking.

 

"Well that’s that, so I hope you enjoy it here, if you need, I’m right next door to you." ”Okay."

Kris left and went to his room. I plopped on my cozy bed and started thinking about this new situation my mom and I were in. When it came to Appa, I trusted him pretty quick, he was someone I could give my gratitude toward. Although, I find it strange how comfortable I suddenly became with Kris. I met him in just a day and I actually hug him? I have to remind myself, keep your guard up; you never know what any guy could be planning. That night, we had a simple take-out of Chinese and proceeded to bed. Tomorrow immediately, Kris and I had to go to school. No way was I excited for it.