Last Chapter (?)

The First Glance

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’s POV
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been 3 years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 years since Kris came back to her side again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 years since she felt how true love is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 years since she fell in love with Kai.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 years of good memories of her family, friends and of course, the man of her life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Good Morning Sunshine~” Kai cooes in Hyoyeon’s ears as the blonde is sleeping peacefully since it’s Saturday and no work for today.

 

Hyoyeon already graduated just last year and got a job from one of Kai’s friends since he doesn’t want his Hyoyeon to be working with strangers that he’s not sure if will not make a move on her. She hesitated to accept the offer but then Kai keeps on nagging her, she ended up nodding with a jumping Kai.

 

“5 more minutes..” Hyo says with eyes still closed. But Kai only shook his head and gently un-wrapped the warm blankets surrounding his Hyoyeon and held her upper arms up.

 

Hyoyeon groaned and refuse to open her eyes.

 

“Come one Baby, the breakfast will get cold if you don’t wake up now.” Kai says as he lets Hyoyeon’s head to fall down in his shoulders.

 

Hyoyeon didn’t respond and was about to drift to dreamland again but shut her eyes open at the next words Kai said.

 

“I’ll kiss you till your lips turn to red and swollen if you don’t wake up.” He said and it all took Hyo’s power to jump in the bed and run to the bathroom to brush her teeth and take a warm shower.

 

Kai chuckled and went to arrange their shared bed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh my, this definitely tastes so great Kai!” Hyo said while continuing to eat her scrambled egg with tomatoes and peppers.

“I also burnt slightly the sides of the bacon because that’s how you like it, right?” Kai said and Hyo smiled and gulped down her glass of milk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyoyeon and Kai have been living together for 2 years after the house was fully furnished from dusk to the big furniture and rooms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What time is it Kai?” Hyo asks while washing the dishes after they eat.

 

Kai, who’s watching his Hyoyeon while washing the dishes with a smile turns to frown a little before answering.

 

“About time before Kr--” And even before Kai could finish his answer, a knock on their door surrounded.

 

“Oh, Kris is here!” Hyo said before carefully placing the last plate in the dish-holder.

She then walked to the door to open it after checking it’s really Kris who, as usual, comes to visit them in their house in Saturdays to secure if the house is okay.

 

Since the two are living together and Kris doesn’t want to ruin Hyo’s happiness by living with them too, he bought an apartment just few blocks from Hyo and Kai’s house.

 

 

 

“Good Morning Hyo. Here’s the sprinkled donut you want yesterday.” Kris said before stepping inside the house with a large donut-box in his hands.

Hyo’s eyes twinkled and gave Kris a hug, well a short one, after Kai cleared his throat, not liking the skinship.

“Come in!” Hyo invited.

Kris looked at Kai and spoke to her not even moving from his place.

“Well Hyoyeon, I and Kai have something to do so we got to go now and leave you for a while, don’t worry we won’t take much time and Yuri and Seo said they’ll come down to your house because they’re on a day-off.” Kris said and Hyo almost let go of the box after hearing Kai and Kris will go somewhere.

 

“You and Kai?” Well, seriously who wouldn’t get shock to know that these two who never lets a day go pass without bickering each other, from either actions or words, will have to go somewhere together.

 

“Well yes, your parents told me about a project and Kai has something to do with it.” Kris said and Hyo saw Kai already picking up his bag from the couch and went to Hyo to peck on her lips.

 

“Don’t worry baby, your Kai will be back in a blink. Always remember that I love you and don’t let anyone in except Yuri and Seohyun also don’t open the door for packages and deliveries, let the two go.” Hyo, with confusion still in her mind, nodded and the two already went out.

 

 

Being the over-protective and possessive boyfriend he is, Kai is always the one who opens the door to accept visitors except for Kris and same with deliveries, because of his “They might take her away” motto.

 

Hyoyeon only slumps on the couch trying to think why her boyfriend and Kris would go somewhere. But after some minutes, Yuri and Seo went over and the girls watched some movies while eating the donuts Kris gave Hyo earlier.

 

 

It’s been a week that Kai and Kris would go somewhere, after bidding a pouting Hyo (ofc. Kai couldn’t resist the cutesy and will peck her lips before going away.) Then later, YulSeo or her other friends (mostly girls, because, *ahem*jellyKai*ahem*.) would come to their apartment. Then later at noon, Kai would come back with a wide smile and cuddle with his Hyo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Today is the 7th day. Hyo badly wants to track down what Kai and Kris is up to but of course, being the good girlfriend she is, she tries to keep calm.

 

But really, she even wants to cry to Kai to just tell her. She’s been so lonely this week but hides it behind her pretty smile.

 

Well who wouldn’t when the love of your life is obviously up to something but you feel that you can’t just barged in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyo noticed Seo always checking the time even after they sat in the couch and scooted beside her.

“Do need to check something Seo?” She asked the youngest who jolted in surprise for Hyo was seating in a chair but now she’s beside her in the couch. She smiled innocently but her heart is beating nervously.

“A-aniyo Unnie, I’m just waiting for a regular show I’m always watching in Saturday.” She admitted, which is true anyways. Hyo smiled and gave her the remote to search for the show she’s waiting on.

 

The three turned to a sudden ring. Yuri grabbed her phone from her bag and almost dropped her juice at the caller.

 

“Yuri-ah.. Who is it?” Hyoyeon asked but Yuri shook her head and went to the balcony of the apartment.

 

Being such a worry person, Hyo tried to tail behind her.

 

“I hope nothing’s wrong with her..” She mumbled while peeking through the door of the balcony as she can see Yuri massaging her forehead while talking to the person in her phone.

 

Since Yuri is at the pretty corner, Hyo only managed to hear the words, “No”, “Late”, “Confuse”, “Ask”, and “Hurry”.

Then when she saw Yuri ending the call, she hurried to the kitchen so that she’ll not be suspicious.

 

Yuri exhaled as she flops down next to the maknae.

“They said they’ll be late, Seo.” She said and Seo turned to her with wide eyes.

“U-unnie.. that can’t be..” Seo said but Hyo got back from the kitchen with a glass of water and they gave their attention back to the T.V screen.

 

“Girls, I’m bored, let’s go shopping!” Hyo suddenly said in an excited tone.

Seo turned to Yuri, “A.. Let’s just watch a movie here Hyo, you know.. the weather’s not good so it’s better to be inside the house..” Yuri muttered but Hyo pouted.

“That’s why we need to get out from here, it’s too hot! And of course the mall is cool, so let’s go!” Then Hyo grabbed her spare house key but was stopped By Seo.

“Just turn on the Aircon, Unnie, I want to relax without moving too much, so let’s just stay here.” She said and Hyo raised an eyebrow.

 

“Girls, something is up, right?” Hyo said and it made Yuri and Seo flinch.

“W-what do you mean Unnie? Aah-hahh.. We’re perfectly fine.” The youngest said but it didn’t convince Hyo.

“Seobb, I know something is going on, good or bad.. if you are stuttering.” Hyo said and Seo only looked down.

“Hyo, please, we want to spend time with you alone, so let’s just stay here, okay?” Yuri managed to say and Hyo thought about it for a while.

 

They won’t tell me no matter what. Hmmm… She thought and just sat beside the girls.

 

Thinking about a way how to know what the girls are trying to avoid her from, a sudden idea came to her mind.

 

She inserted a cd and it was Yuri’s favorite, “Mother”.

 

And after some minutes, Yuri’s eyes are beginning to flatter down. And since Hyo the Aircon earlier, Seo is also asleep now.

 

Making sure the two is deep in dream-land, Hyo sweeps her hands to Yuri’s pockets and grabbed her phone, trying to know who the person Yuri is talking to earlier.

 

“Kr-Kris..?!” Hyo said in a higher tone, making the youngest wake up.

 

 

“Keroro!” Seo shouted suddenly making Yuri wake up too.

 

“Mi-mickey?” Yuri asked with her still groggily eyes in the person in front of her, not fully realizing it’s actually Hyoyeon, umn, checking her phone.

But after hearing a familiar click of buttons from her phone, her eyes shut open and quickly grabbed her phone from Hyo.

 

Hyo stood up and crossed her arms, getting Seo’s full attention now.

 

Seo and Yuri gulped down from Hyo’s stare.

 

“Yuri-ah~..” Hyo said making Yuri close her eyes.

 

We’re doomed. Both of them thought.

 

“Are you and Kris..” Hyo trailed off. She found out?! OHMYgoodygoodyGoshGosh.. Yuri thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“DATING???!!!” Hyo continued making Yuri open her eyes like a deer caught in lights.

 

Seo hid her laugh from the pillow in the couch, thankfully making Hyo not notice it.

 

 

 

 

“M-mwoh? Aish.. What the mickey are you talking about?” Yuri said and Hyo clicked something on her phone and flashed it to her face.

 

“See? You talked to Kris earlier and you don’t want us to hear right?” Hyo said while wiggling her brows.

 

Too dense, this girl is too dense. Yuri thought.

 

Yuri facepalmed and just exhaled, turning to the maknae with a nod.

 

“I think it’s time Seo, Kris told me that they need more little time, and it’s been an hour already. My guilt is killing me.” Yuri said through her eyes, (A/N lolled.)

Seo composed herself again and they picked their things, ready to go.

Hyo, tilting her head to the side, confusion obvious in her eyes.

 

After some moments, the girls, finishing, grabbed Hyo’s arms, not forgetting her own bag and the house keys and fled out of the apartment.

 

 

“O-oi! Wait!” Hyo said between breathes as they stood in front of Yuri’s car and drove away.

 

Gaining her normal breathing, Hyo swept the tangled blonde bangs in her forehead.

“Where are we going?” She asked but Seo only smiled.

 

 

 

Seeming to be bored, Hyo dripped to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I wanna make you smile whenever you’re sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you”

 

Wh-what am I hearing?

 

“I’ll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
It could be so nice, growing old with you”

 

W-wait, Isn’t that Chen?

 

“I’ll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold”

 

I can hear someone getting near me.

 

“Need you
Feed you
Even let you hold the remote control”

 

 

Then Hyo flutters her eyes open.

 

 

Kai. The first person she saw. Bright lights, cowering over his handsome features, adding a smile that can warm anything, as he comes faces to face to a confused Hyoyeon with what’s going on.

 

Hyo was about to ask when Kai started singing too.

 


“So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed when you've had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you”

 

 

Things starting to mold in her mind, as Kai drops to his one knee, not leaving his eyes to the girl he loves the most.

Hyo, trying to find more, glade her sight to the surroundings, seeing numerous people as she was settled in a big chair, saw there, Kyungsoo, Yuri, Seohyun, Chen who was singing earlier, and their other friends with some of their loyal customers in the café shop.

 

They’re in a special room, decorated with so much fascination, with a band accompanying Kai and Chen in singing and played melodies, green and white perfectly colliding each other as they’re the dominant colors employing in the room, lights flickering like they’re dancing. It was absolutely beautiful.

 

 

They were all smiling at her. She even saw some of them trying hard not to let tears drop.

 

 

A hand was then placed to her cheeks. Hyo looked down at Kai and finally, tears finally let go, staining her cheeks as she at last, fully comprehended about what was happening this week.

Why her friends are acting as if she can’t go out of the house because something may happen, why the man she loves are taking away much time to be with her.

 

Then Kai cleared his throat, turning the song to a more romantic one.

 

“Kim Hyoyeon, the woman I would never let go of. The reason why I, Kim Jongin is heavily inspired to be better, so that even odds will agree to me to have her. There are too many words I can use to describe her, from her smooth hair to the moments she says something that makes me happy, but one sentence may conclude who she is to me, ‘She’s my Everything’.” Kai said and Hyo only managed to cry even harder, with her hand over as she’s speechless.

 

“That’s why, I want to grabbed the opportunity, I will give my life to if was taken from me, to have you, to be my half, to be the mother of my future children, to be the one I can hold hands until the last glance of the world.” Kai said as he pick something from his pockets.

 

It was a navy-blue box, and was opened slowly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, Kim Hyoyeon… Will you marry me?” He ended as he holds up a ring with an emerald stone.

 

 

 

 

 

There was a moment of silence, except from some hickups of Hyo.

 

 

 

 

Standing up, pulling Kai to her embrace as she whispers, “Yes”.

 

And a loud cheer was on. Congratulations to the two are everywhere, not letting go of each other’s hands, HyoKai gave them full smiles and thank you-s.

 

Then the two was approached lastly by Kris. Hyo beamed and thanked Kris for helping out Kai in preparing.

 

“No matter what happens, I’ll always be here, Ms.- I mean, Hyoyeon.” Kris said and Hyo smiled.

 

And when the party was finished, the two upcoming married couple went out from the room to share even a small moment.

 

“So that’s why you were always out.” Hyo said as she snakes her arm around Kai’s neck, who is now holding her by the waist.

“Well, I just want to have my forever spend with you.” He answered and kissed Hyo for seconds.

Letting go, Hyo hugged Kai with all her might, and the other did so too.

 

“You know what the thing I will forever be thankful for is? In the first day we talked in the café?” Hyo said as they held hands walking back to greet their friends for coming.

 

“And that is?” Kai asked while tightening his hold.

Hyo chuckled and went on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When I gave you the first glance.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

fail..?

 

 

 

 

 

lol. Sorry guys because I was really busy again and some family matters with my freaking documents not opening again so I quickly opened this story when it begun working again just this morning because I have an update weeks ago but was not continued.

 

 

 

 

Yes, it's complete because it was exactly just how I want it to go. BUT with the question mark....

 

I never thought that this story will be given attention and I really appreciate my subscribers and commentors :D

 

 

Thank you guys for being with me :)

 

 

 

MUWAH~! <3 . :D