First Chapter

The First Glance

 

 

HYOYEON

 

It started with a glance. It was one rainy afternoon when I got down the blocks and entered a coffee shop just near the Market. I ordered Cappuccino and baked cheesecake with strawberry, It’s my favorite since my Mom would always make me one when I’m on bad days, but now I’m independent and currently a working student, I just buy it in this coffee shop since they make the baked cheesecake as if they were made by Mom.

As I neared the counter, I started taking my order, but I didn’t looked up to the cashier at first and just keep checking my wallet to pay the bills but as I heard him say, “Thank You Ma’am” I quickly looked up noticing it wasn’t Seohyun’s voice, my dear friend, but it was a voice of a MAN.

I noticed his lightly tanned skin with his soft eyes and his blonde hair making him look like he was out from a fairytale book. I shook my head as I got out from my trance and wondered about Seohyun.

“Ummn, can I ask, where is Seohyun?” I asked him while give him the money and he received it with a smile making my heart skip a beat.

After he placed the money on the counter machine, he answered me,

“Seohyun-shii needs to attend her grandmother’s funeral; it was unexpected so she quickly called me to replace her for a week or a two.” He answered me with each word like they’re sounds of a song. Ohmygee.

I hummed understanding and my heart sunken a bit for my friend’s lost, I’ll just give Seohyun a call later and give my condolences.

When I was about to take the paper-bag containing my take-out orders, he held gently in my wrists,

“H-hyoyeon-shii, may I know your number?” Boy, that escalated quickly, I know my heart skipped a bit when I first glanced at him but asking for my number for the first time we met?

“How did you know my name? And why would you want to know my number?” I asked him with a bit of curiosity, naaah, I am deadly curious, well, he’s a hot guy!

He slowly let go of my wrists and I can see a light tint of pink covering his cheeks, ohmygee, he’s also a cutie!

I think it took him a good number of seconds before answering me,

“The truth is, I’ve always see around here and asked Seohyun if I could be the one to replace her when she’s taking her leave, I’m actually her cousin and I live only three blocks from here.” He said while the light tint of pink turned to a red shade and I chuckled a little. I guess the hot/cutie guy has a small crush on me.

“Guess it’s not bad thing either to give you my number.” I said and held out my hand to receive his and took my pen on my pocket and scribbled my number on his palm.

“Thanks Hyoyeon-shii, by the way, I’m Jongin but my friends call me Kai. It’s nice to finally meet you and I hope this wouldn’t be the last.” He gladly said after looking proudly at the number I wrote in his palm. I wanna pinch his cheeks.

“You’re welcome… Kai” I said as I waved him a goodbye and walked back to my house.

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

“Wow, Mom, that is how you met each other? That’s totally C.U.T.E!” Hyoweon exclaimed as I talk to her about how I met Kai.

“Of course, hot guys can’t take their eyes off from a woman like me.” I said as both of us giggled. We’re currently at Seohyun’s house taking a vacation with both of our own families.

It’s afternoon and Hyoweon, I, and Seohyun just enjoy looking at the kids playing outside in the summer. It’s now exactly 13 years and 7 days after I met Kai, in the 2 weeks he replaced Seohyun for a while, it was the best days of my life. At first, we would talk about things after his shift ended then after 1 week; we started to go on a date, well that’s only once! And I can’t resist his pleading eyes when he asked me out.

 

And when Seohyun got back, he just vanished, like he was made of bubbles.

 

It hurt me.

 

 

It took a month after I saw him again, of course I’m angry at him for leaving with no words and now, he texted me asking if I could meet him at the Coffee shop. In his face!

But after hours of contemplating, I got dressed and head to the place.

As I neared the shop, I noticed that the lights were out but the entrance was open, trying to keep silent, I opened the door and walked inside not daring to make a sound. I called for Kai about 3 times and when I heard no answers I thought this is the end, I won’t meet him ever again.

Then suddenly I felt arms make their way into my waist when I was about to open the door and leave, I froze and my mind panicked, what if it’s a thief and will harass me? Ohmygee, I’ll definitely rip Kai’s bones when I see him again because this is all his faults.

Slowly, I faced the owner of the arms and I saw him smirk. When I was about to punch him, the lights opened and I saw people, the Coffee shop employees, including Seohyun, Yuri and Kyungsoo my other friends smiling while looking at us with the place covered with decorations.

I was shock but got back to my senses when I noticed that it was Kai holding me.

Before I got a warning, tears already escaped my eyes, Kai wiped them gently and placed a kiss on my forehead. I missed him so much.

“Sorry Hyoyeon. I-I left without a word and I know you must b-be so disappointed.” He stuttered cutely and let go of my waist to look down at the floor.

Yuri smacked Kai’s shoulders and everyone laughed and Yuri said,

“This shy guy is actually the owner of this coffee shop Hyo.” She informed making my eyes open wide.

“And he notice that you’re always around here in the afternoon and started to have a little crush in you. But after some time, we think that a guy, personally making your orders since he also bakes, always checking the time ifit’s afternoon already for you to come around the shop and smiling widely when you bid Seohyun your farewell and walk back home.” Kyungsoo said.

I saw Kai all flustered red and started to walk closer to me if it’s even possible. His face is just inches from mine and said,

“I’m really sorry for leaving you. It was urgent, since I’m the family’s heir in our Coffee Shop business; I need to attend a meeting overseas to start our International franchise. And I need to go in the morning, leaving me no choice to meet you in the afternoon. But now, I don’t have any plans to leave you, I’ll forever stay with you from now on.” He kissed my forehead making my stomach feel butterflies flying.  

“Hyoyeon Unnie, don’t just freeze there, go hug and forgive him now. I know you like him too.” Seohyun teased and I hugged Kai, I felt him tense a little but he hugged me back, tightly… till I can’t breathe anymore.

“Ka-kai! She can’t breathe anymore! Let go!” Kyungsoo shouted and tried to pull me away but Kai hissed and put me behind him.

“Yah! Don’t touch her, she’s mine.” Kai said and everyone let out a laugh and I giggled letting out a small laugh.

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Back to present, guys.

I felt a hand tapped my shoulder.

Hyoweon looked up and smiled.

“Daddy!” she called to him and smiled widely and jumped to his arms.

I looked up and saw a grin on his handsome face, I giggled and stood up and hugged my family.

He let go of Hyoweon and placed his hands infront of me. And in his hands is a Baked Cheesecake with Strawberries, my favorite.

 

 

 

end.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Ohmygee.

Sorry if it's too short for your liking.

 

HOPE YAH LIKE IT. :D *don't kill me if you don't. I have Unicorns.*

Just comment down if you want a sequel with this one or with my other fics.

 

So, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, VOTE AND ADD ME~! <3.

 

Main Image is not mine. Credits to Owner.