Chapter Eight

Entwined hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The three curious boys were ushered into Jongin's house by none other than Jongin, himself.   Immediately, they sat on the couch, huddling around the rather taken-aback Aeri who was a tiny bit uncomfortable by their gazes.   "Jongin, I thought you guys didn't do anything." Chanyeol commented, staring at Jongin who was standing in front of the television, his arms crossed in a frustrated manner.   Aeri replied for him, and said in a rather amused tone, "We didn't so anything, Chanyeol-ssi, but I have to say you did a terrible job in pretending to be an attacker."   Chanyeol turned a deep shade of red, flushing in complete embarrassment and shame.    "Then why are you here?" asked the inquisitive Baekhyun, who was growing a little impatient.   Once again, before Jongin could reply, she bet him to it and said in a matter-of-fact tone, "I was being harassed by someone, and Jongin kindly allowed me to stay here."   Sehun raised an eyebrow, and finally spoke after being a silent observer for awhile, "Jongin did that? He allowed you to stay here?" he asked incredulously, shooting her a look of disbelief.   Aeri shrugged carelessly, "Well maybe you should ask him why he decided to do that."   She stood up abruptly, and offered in a lighter tone, "I'll get you guys some drinks."   Once she was gone, the three boys immediately pushed Jongin down of the couch, and surrounded him with mock-angry eyes.   "So, Jongin, did you really not her?" Chanyeol asked slyly, using some vulgar language now that the female was gone.   Jongin rolled his eyes, "Didn't she say that already?"   Baekhyun was truly shocked, hearing these words from Jongin. He had honestly though the girl was shy and just didn't want to admit it, but wow, she was actually telling the truth.   "Do you like her then?" Baekhyun asked curiously, interrogating him in a detective-like manner.   Jongin shrugged this time, and replied softly, "I don't know."   Sehun's lips curved upwards a little upon hearing that, and he instantly knew that Jongin took a liking over this girl. No, it wasn't pure list or a physical attraction, he really did like her. It was the way he gazed at her differently to the other girls, and the fact that he had invited her to stay at his house to protect her, now this was something Jongin didn't do often.   That's why he was different these days, Sehun thought with a proud smirk plastered on his face. He was glad, truly glad that Jongin was finally starting to let go of his horrendous past.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter