Bad Boys Fact #6: Boys Are Hard to Figure Out too.

The Bad Boy's Secret

Bad Boys Fact #6: Boys Are Hard to Figure Out too.

 

 

“Dara, get down here! Young Master is here!” Dara heard her mom yell. Hurriedly, she went out of her room and ran downstairs. She needed a break. Lessons from today are a little bit complicated for her. She needed someone else’ help to understand the lesson. Or maybe the fact that there was a certain someone who made her unable to concentrate on the discussion of their professor earlier.

 

Soohyuk was standing at the end of the stairs and looking at her with that small grin curved upwards on his lips. As soon as she saw him, she waved at him with those big, exaggerated hand movements.    

 

“Soohyuk!!!” Dara exclaimed excitingly. Soohyuk’s eyebrows arched upwards curiously.   

 

“Dara! Don’t just call him by his name!” Her mom exclaimed with a horrified expression.

 

“That’s okay, Mrs. Park.” Soohyuk whispered uncomfortably. “I specifically told her to call me by my name.”

 

Dara wished she can tell her mom that it was Soohyuk who forced her to call him by his name and treat him normally. It was the first time he asked something from her so she complied. Not that it would deter her mom from scolding her every single time. She often heard her mom telling her that she should not treat Soohyuk like someone on their level because her parents were working for them. Her dad was the personal driver of the Lee’s before he passed away five years ago and her mom was working every weekend as a cleaner to the Lee’s.

 

So really, she can’t blame her mom for acting like that. But I’m not working for them. Dara thought to herself. I guess my mom would never think like that. She almost rolled her eyes at her thoughts.

 

“No! What will Madam Lee say if she heard my daughter calling you so casually?” Her mom asked with a horrified expression. To say that it was embarrassing to see would be an understatement. To pacify her mother, Dara shrugged her shoulders and said, “Calm down, mom, we’re at home and I’m sure Madam didn’t hear me calling her son by his first name. I’ll be careful when we’re out.”

 

Her mom eyed her suspiciously that made her say, “I promise mom.”

 

“But Mrs. Park…”

 

Young Master, let’s go?” Dara said and put an emphasis on the title that made Soohyuk frown. She bid goodbye to her mom before she walked out of the door and looked back to urge Soohyuk to follow her.

 

As soon as they walked away the hearing distance of her mom, Soohyuk grabbed her arm and angrily asked, “What was that about?”

 

Dara shrugged her shoulders and mumbled, “Same old, same old.”


“What do you mean by that?” Soohyuk asked. His normal blank looking eyes were filled with unexplained anger at her. “What’s that young master? You never called me that.” She sighed and chose to remain silent. But he was persistent and so he continued, “Don’t ever call me that again, Sandara. I don’t like it a bit. Not from you. Never from you.”

 

“It’s just a title, Soohyuk.” Dara mumbled. “I’ll only call you that in front of my mother.” She paused and added thoughtfully, “…and of course, your family.”

 

“What does my family have to do with that?” Soohyuk asked.

 

Seriously, his anger was slightly misdirected. That’s when she remembered that she never told him how she and her mom got reprimanded for being too casual with him. As if I would tell him that. She thought and decided to ignore his question.

 

“Anyways, I would have asked help from you for one of my assignments since I was having a hard time on one of the problems there.” Dara tried to change the subjects. “But I guess going back home is not an option now.” She looked at him with expecting eyes and sighed, “So what do you want to do now?”

 

Soohyuk grunted and said in defeat, “I’ll let this go now, love. But we’ll talk about this again and you will explain, understood?”

 

“Whatever you say, Hyukkie.” Dara said in relief and wondered what’s so wrong with calling him ‘young master’. It’s just a title and she found no reason to get that angry and fussy about it. Well, who said that guys are simple beings? Whoever said that needs a good, hard smack on their heads! Care of me! She thought as she smiled at herself.

 

“Care to share what’s on your mind that made you smile?” Soohyuk asked in his usual calm self.

 

“Nah, you won’t understand.” Dara said.

 

“Try me.”

 

“Nah, I rather have you treat me an ice cream than try you.”

 

“Is that your way of telling me that you’re hungry?”

 

Dara nodded that made him smile.

 

“Fine, ice cream it is.” Soohyuk said as he pulled her towards where his car was park.


 

 

“You look ugly.” Dara heard someone say that woke her up from her daze. Someone that sounded like Jiyong, the ert.  She tried not to look at her back and when she was almost tempted to do so, she shut her eyes close.

 

Then she heard his laugh. The kind of laugh wherein you sort of felt like you have just been insulted. That kind of laugh. She knew one person who can throw a laugh like that and it was surely the same ert who stole kisses for breakfast. Or dinner, her mind added.

 

“Somehow you just made yourself uglier than before.” Jiyong continued and she heard noises beside her. She assumed that he made himself comfortable beside her. “Come on, y girl, stop your ugly acting.”

 

“I’m not ugly!” Dara exclaimed and opened her eyes. The moment she opened her eyes, she saw him looking at her intently with a small, mischievous smile curved on his lips. No, it’s more of a smirk rather than a smile. She held his gaze for a full minute before her natural shyness surfaced that made her cheeks hot.

 

Jiyong grinned and said, “You’re still ugly.”

 

“Hyukkie said I’m one of the most beautiful girl he has ever met.” Dara proudly said. “And let me tell you, he met a lot of girls.”

 

“And he’s probably ugly too if he said that.” Jiyong contradicted and rolled his eyes at her. Yes! He damn rolled his eyes like a . “After all, I question his standards on beauty.”

 

“He’s not ugly!” Dara defended her friend’s honor. Pouting, she poked Jiyong’s chest and exclaimed, “In fact, he’s one of the most beautiful faces in Seoul.” Jiyong’s eyebrows arched upwards. She snorted, “Well, that’s what  the magazines said about him in articles and I certainly agree with them. So no, he’s not ugly, jerk.”

 

Jiyong shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly and muttered, “No need to act ‘mother henny’ to your boyfriend.”

 

“Boyfriend?”

 

Dara almost wanted to stab Jiyong’s eyes with her two fingers when he rolled his eyes at her while saying in an uninterested tone, “Hyukkie, the beautiful.”

 

“He’s not my boyfriend!”

 

“He certainly sounds like yours.”

 

“He’s a friend.”

 

“Uh-uh.”

 

“Fine!” Dara huffed in annoyance and crossed her arms on her chest. “Believe what you want. As if I care.”

 

“You can be such a baby.” Jiyong chuckled and moved closer to her. She tried to move back but he grabbed her quickly.  “Where do you think you’re going?”

 

“Well, you suddenly came close… I was taken aback.” Dara admitted shyly and she knew she was blushing. Jiyong pulled her closer that made her gasp for air. Glaring, she exclaimed, “Don’t you know the concept of personal space?”

 

Jiyong smirked at her and placed his hands on her shoulders. “I know. I just don’t like you having personal space.”

 

She rolled her eyes at him and pushed him away but he didn’t budge. “You shouldn’t come closer to someone ugly. You might get infected with my ugliness.”

 

He blinked several times before her words sunk in. He looked at her and when he saw how serious she was, he burst into laughter.

 

“I’m good. I have an anti-ugliness gene or something like that.” Jiyong said and winked. “That’s why you just have to stay close to me to get yourself cured from your sickness.”

 

A scowl slowly appeared on Dara’s face before she managed to say, “I don’t want to be cured if that means I need to be closer to you.”

 

Jiyong’s smirked waned for a second before his lips broke into another grin. He pulled me back and leaned closer until our foreheads were touching. Then he softly asked, “Did you really believe you were ugly in my eyes, erted girl?”

 

Dara blinked and gulped as she stuttered, “I… I…”

 

He shushed her and placed his lips lightly on hers as he said, “I wish you were one though.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“So that no one can look at you but me.” Jiyong added softly and stared at her eyes.

 

Her face felt hot and knew that it was the color of the brightest red. She was biting her lips and she can feel his eyes on her. Damn it. He knew that she was affected by him. He knew his effect on girls like her. He knew and that’s why he suddenly burst into another round of laughter.

 

“You believe that? Don’t you?!” Jiyong asked.

 

Her jaws dropped when she realized that he was just playing around.

 

“Got you, !” Jiyong said and moved away from her before she can manage to hurt him, slap him or whatever she can do to take out her frustration.

 

“JIYONG KWON!!!!!” Dara yelled as the man in question fled from the scene as he laugh. His laughter can still be heard, to her annoyance. Stupid man boy!!!

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

Keke been a long time! :)) Anyways... I've been busy! Trying to cope up with the busy life.. err, then I've been buried under books :)) Short update! KEKEK!