Welcome to the party

Having a celebrity fiance

Yeonhee's POV

We remain silence for the rest of the time in the room until a knock interrupts, the doorknob turned and my mother came in.

"Yeonhee, seobie it's time for the both of you to show yourself to the crowds".

Yoseob stood up and walks towards me, he held his hand out gesturing to take mine,

" may I?", I smiled and hold his hand, he hand's warm.

Every pairs of eyes are staring in our direction when we make our entry. I got nervous, yoseob squeezed my hand and led me to the front of the hall. He gave me a encourage smile which I returned. On the way I tried not to make any eye contact in case the panicky butterflies in my stomach will fly out. The only way to do so is to stare at him. I realize he has a very sleek and small face profile. He's handsome, more handsome than any guys I've met so far.

" am I really that handsome?" he spoke.

I realized that I've been too obvious, I turned to look at the other direction. I wasn't paying attention and tripped on something, but he got hold of me just in time.

" I guess it'll be better if you keep staring at me" he smile cheekily. I spout my lips and didn't reply. 

Finally we've reach the front, I let go his hand immediately.

" ladies and gentleman, welcome to the party, I'll introduce everyone to my long lost daughter, lee yeonhee. Let the party begins! Everybody please enjoy yourself" my dad exclaimed to all the guest.

" yeonhee this is...","yeonhee this is ..." I was being dragged around by my parents for the following half an hour.

  My parents finally leave me alone after going one round in the hall. I was massaging my swollen legs when kikwang came up to me.

" hey! Enjoying yourself?" I asked him.

" nah, I hate party like this, it's boring, how about you?" he asked

" just the same as you".  The entrance door to the hall was suddenly pushed open an I heard people whispering

" oh isn't she iu? What's she doing here?",

" I thought she isn't on good term with director yang and lee?".

" I heard she requested for the leading actress role but got rejected by lee yong jun sunbaenim".

" let's go and take a look" I took kikwang and make my way to have a clearer view on what's happening.

There camera light flashing everywhere suddenly, " lee yong jun shii can you please tell us what's going on here?",

" we heard that you've accept IU as the leading female actress for your latest movie, is this a party to announce that the production team are going to start filming since the leading actress is selected".

" sorry this is a party to announce to my friends that I've finally found my long lost daughter, yeonhee ar come here" daddy gesturing for me to go to his side. After a few nudge on the back from kikwang I slowly took my steps forward.

Camera start flashing from everywhere.  " hahaha I guess everybody must have misunderstood something, we have yet to decided on the lead actress, I believe we have rejected IU as the lead actress, the agency should have receive the notice by now" uncle yang also stood out to clear out the misunderstanding.

IU's face turned pale instantly and she looks very frustrated that she turn her heels and storm out of the hall without a single words. All the reporters file out of the hall after her in hope to dig out more details.

" attention please!" uncle grab the attention of the guest after all the reporters had left.

" there's another piece of news that we would like to break today,  I hereby announce the engagement between my son yang yoseob and yong jun's daughter yeonhee" uncle announced loudly.

Everybody worn the same shock expression as me upon hearing the news.

Yoseob's POV

I have a bad feeling when my father stood out and say he's going to break another piece of news. And sure enough it's about the engagement. Just as I was about to head to the resting room, I found her hiding in a corner of the hall, so she has escaped the reporter. Her shock expression turn to a disappointed one. I make my way towards her, grabbed her hand and move out of the hall.

" let go!" she shouted.

" why did you come here tonight?" I asked her

" why can't I? By the way congratulation, your fiancee is very pretty, she's exactly the type of girl you'll like" she said looking away from me.

" no I don't like her, you know it deep down I like you, I've never regard you as a normal friend" I said.

" and I've told you many times, you're just a friend" this time she walk away leaving me rooted to the ground.

Yeonhee's POV

I saw yoseob walk out of the hall, and I quickly follow suit before people regain their sense.  But I realize his not alone, I heard a girl's voice.

" why is he with a girl and who is she?" I thought.

I moved closer hiding in the shadow trying to eavesdrop on their conversation. And I heard yoseob confess to the girl. My heart hurts all of a sudden. But he got rejected by her, she must be the girl he told me about.

I caught a glimpse of the girl and guess who she is. "iu?!" I thought.

I peeked at him after I make sure iu had left. There's a mixture of feelings inside me. But why do I feel heart pain and jealous? I hid well in the shadow when he pass by. I stood there for few minutes before heading to the resting room. I avoid the crowd that's filing out of the hall. His back was facing me when I got in the room. My heartache just by looking at his lonely and hurt backview.

" oh hey, why are you here? Has the party ended?" he turn to face me.

" yeah" I nodded. I guess he wasn't paying attention to me.

I took the seat at the other corner of the room.

" what do you think about our engagement?" he asked suddenly.

" well... I don't know" I don't know how to react to his question.

" I'll take that as you have no objection then, since this is what our parents want... Let's get engaged" he said.

I look at him shocked.

" you don't want to be engaged to me? Do you dislike me?" he's hurt, I can see that from his eyes.

" no I don't dislike you nor hate the idea of engage to you" I blurt out not knowing why.

I've agreed to the engagement.