Promise

Between Two Realms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Never trust fairy tales. There are no happy endings, there's always something new around the corner. You can overcome major obstacles, face great danger, even face evil in the eye but that's never the end.

As long as you're still breathing.

Your story goes on.

Ivory paper fell to the ground, crumpling a little at the contact with the hard floor. Its gold scripture glimmered mockingly at the confused girl. Soon enough she felt something along the lines of a panic attack beginning to peer in.

Someone knew.

Sooyoung looked to her sides, paranoia had settled in by now. Purple lights took formations besides her, their tones on the dark side. Beaming, pulsing, feeding her anxiety.

She reached out again, grasping it tightly between her now trembling fingers. Funny how a seemingly simple message had her reduced to a mess.

"This can't be" Her eyes searched the letter for anything that could explain what was happening. An address, a name, heck, even an initial would do. A vain search much to her immense disgrace.

Looking to her sides she noticed Taeyeon was nowhere in sight, how odd. Sooyoung dismissed the thought thinking that she was probably off somewhere receiving her medical training. It made sense, seeing as though she was in charge of her health.

"Soo?" A gentle voice called out to her.Yuri was standing in the doorway, her expression scared Sooyoung a little. Her usually bright eyes had taken a watery sub tone to them, her casually bright smile seemed to waver now.

True enough, even though Yuri no longer held memories of her encounter with the jealous demoness said woman had planted a seed of fear deep in the black pearl's heart. All she knew right now was that she had to protect her girlfriend. From what, it was certain to her mind right now but after all.  She did trust her gut far more than she trusted her head.

"Yul, what's wrong" Sooyoung folded the card neatly, tucking it inside her pocket. She brought her hand towards her girlfriend's forehead. No fever so far.

Yuri grasped Sooyoung's hand delicately, pressing it down to her own cheek.Her eyes closed, savoring the velvety soft touch. Even though this only helped to deepen the taller girl's worry she couldn't help but  feel her heart swell up. Liquid ebony pools opened up to meet compassionate brown eyes. The two girls had expressed their love to one another in many ways before but it had never been as obvious as now. 

"Yuri" Sooyoung began, hoping the seriousness would get her girlfriend talking. "What's going on..?"

"Promise you won't leave me" Yuri pleaded as she wrapped her arms around the taller girl's waist. She buried her face into her neck , closing her eyes once more, wishing for this to be eternal. 

"You know I won't" Slim fingers threaded themselves into silken dark strands.

"Promise?" Yuri sniffed. Sooyoung pulled back and peck her girlfriend's lips affectionately. 

" Kwon Yuri, I promise to stay with you until the day I die" Sooyoung assured.

" Now, how about we get something to eat?" Sooyoung giggled as Yuri pushed her playfully 

"Shikshin"

"I'm yours though"

"And because of that we're getting dessert too"

"Yes!"

"Aish, you're such a messy eater" Yuri sighed as she cleaned the now liquid ice cream off her girlfriend's face.Giggling a little a she pulled the puffy cheeks playfully.

"Can I get another scoop ? " Sooyoung pleaded, pouting as she pushed the wafer cone towards Yuri.

"Yah, you'll drip it on me" The tanned girl complained but still gave into the sheer force of Sooyoung's cuteness.With a warm smile she headed toward the ahjusshi vendor, specifically asking for a scoop of vanilla ice cream, sprinkles included.

Sooyoung smacked her lips together, savoring the sweet flavor. She smiled a little whilst pulling out the neatly folded letter, sure enough the content had not changed.

The lights around her swirled frenetically , tones darkening as the shifted over the paper. The edges changed, they took the shapes of complex geometrical figures. Seven sided, twelve sided, there was even the glimpse of a twenty something figure swirling around. It was all too much for her to process at this moment.

Her fingers twitched and soon enough she found herself manipulating these lights the way a puppet master would pull the strings on their playthings. Sides met sides, fusing, creating. A few refused to merge yet formed into line when Sooyoung twisted them.

Luckily for Sooyoung no one , aside from Yuri and the ahjusshi were there today. Otherwise the sight of the tall girl assembling something imaginary would've been disturbing. 

Finally, a screen had been created from all the light. It was a bloody red color, which occasionally pulsed and varying took tones of said hue.

Maybe I really am crazy Sooyoung pondered, absent mindedly viewing the slot of red cruise in front of her. It slid until it reached over the slightly crumpled letter, painting the bone colored background of it to a strong scarlet.

That was when everything changed

Formerly golden scripture darkened it's way until it shifted to ebony, marking a rather clear address. The screen of light fell apart, dissolving into particles of light.

"I'm back- What's with the face" Yuri frowned, noticing the unusually pale tone that had overcome her girlfriend's skin.

"Yul" Sooyoung look terrified. Her hands were complet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter