From Discoveries to Awakenings

Between Two Realms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Real life's nasty. It's cruel. It doesn't care about heroes and happy endings and the way things should be. In real life, bad things happen. People die. Fights are lost. Evil often wins.” 
― Darren Shan

 Thump... Thump... Thump..

The steady beat of a heart was the orchestra playing behind this obscure play, red being it's compliment and the two girls the lead actresses. Sooyoung with quivering legs attempted to save her now battered friend from the malicious clutches that were chasing after them.

" Let's go , let's go!" Sooyoung cried as she tugged on the fabric of her friends shirt, the owner just staring at her with a featureless face. Her blood went cold as she saw the pack of men chasing after them, featureless as well but the sickening vibe transmitting from them was enough to scare her. 

The men quickly caught up to them, full intentions on finishing the job that they had already begun. Sooyoung clung on desperately to her friend, allowing all the damage fall on her. A bitter smile spread across her face, sad way to die but maybe the girl underneath it may make it... Or so she believed.

Suddenly she felt herself being ripped apart from the girl, being held in place by one of the men as the latter shrieked in pain. A horrible silence followed by, ending with the flood of crimson liquid escaping the corpse.

The tall girl looked up, the featureless man staring down at her and nearing. Her body shook violently as her brain began to process what seemed to be her last moments when suddenly... She saw a small light

A bright green light was in front of her slowly beginning to expand, although the men didn't seemed top notice it. Without out warning the light covered up everything, the evil men soon crying out in pain as deep cuts magically etched themselves on their bodies. 

"Ugh..." Sooyoung moaned out in pain " Not again... weird dream..." Odd enough upon waking up she had already forgotten just about everything from the dream, from exception of the green light.

She pulled herself up, grabbing her slightly throbbing head. Her gaze shifted around to see if Yuri was still around, proved negative when she saw the time; The dark skinned girl was in class by now.  An annoyed expression crossed her features as she realized just how many hours of dullness was to come.

" I hate hospitals " Sooyoung complained to particularly no one, especially after seeing the samples of cardboard set on a dish.

" I think it's the boredom you loathe rather than it's background" A melodic voice cut in, Sooyoung looked up towards the source with a puzzled expression. Lounging casually in the door way was a short baby faced girl, said person observing the latter with curious dark eyes. 

" And you would be?"  Sooyoung questioned

" Kim Taeyeon!" The blonde girl informed cheerfully, a little too much for the shikshin's disgrace. Sooyoung opened to nag the short girl but something in her puppy like features held her back.

" Alright, care to tell me just why you're here ?" Sooyoung said,sitting up so that she could get a better look at the shorter girl.

" Huh?" Taeyeon seemed to be puzzled for a moment, making an oddly cute face that Sooyoung couldn't help but chuckle at.

" Oh, right. Well the doctors were quite worried with your condition, seeing as though they're not exactly sure what happened" Taeyeon began to explain, stopping for a moment to pat Sooyoung who's skin had lightened a few tones.

" Relax, they've determined that it's nothing lethal" Taeyeon reassured

" But..." Sooyoung began as if she were to faint in that moment " Do I have to go on a diet..?" 

All that occurred to Taeyeon in that moment was to blink, then in a mere split second she broke off into an ahjumma laughter. Sooyoung on the other hand wasn't as cheerful worrying deeply as to how many meals she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter