Love? What is love? (Part I)

We Got Married ExoShidae?!

Author’s POV

 

The next morning, all the Girls Generation members went to SM to meet up with their manager. Everybody except for Taeyeon and Seohyun were anxious to know if they were selected to be in the WGM program. Even Hyoyeon, who was rumored to have a boyfriend was sharing the same excitement as her other sisters.

 

“Yoong, do you think I’ll be casted?” Yuri that was walking hand in hand with Yoona blurted out.

 

Yoona looked at Yuri with a blank face. “I don’t know, Yul. With you being in No Breathing, the chance is quite slim.” The answer from Yoona wasn’t actually what Yuri had expected for. She knew that she would be busy with the filming for her upcoming film, but deep inside, she wanted to feel what it would be like dating or in this case marrying someone. She wanted to experience the same things that Seohyun and Taeyeon did in their WGM.

 

Noticing that Yuri went into a silent mode, Shikshin Sooyoung butted into the so called twins’ conversation. “Yah! Don’t worry. If lady luck is on your side, you’ll make the cut, Yul.” She patted Yuri’s hair gently, like a mother comforting her crying child.

 

“SooYoonYul, what are you girls doing? Palli! We’ll be late if you keep chatting around.” Jessica’s dolphin scream echoed, startling the three girls. They turned around and plastered innocent smiles on their face. “We’re coming, Mommy Jess.” Yoona said playfully.

 

*

 

“Ah…. Girls…. Good morning.” Manager Lee greeted his beloved artists. “Sit down, please.” He ushered them while screening through his file.

 

The room hushed in silence as the nine girls waited patiently for their manager to start their discussion. Sunny was eager to drop the bomb about the WGM program and ask straightforwardly about who was going to be in it. However, Taeyeon and Seohyun already warned them to keep their mouths shut as the matter about WGM was supposed to be a secret. So, with a heavy heart and a very strong will, Sunny did her best to control .

 

“Oppa, why do you wanna see us?” Tiffany couldn’t wait any longer. She noticed that Sunny was fidgeting; Hyoyeon was signaling Taeyeon to start the conversation while Jessica was kicking Seohyun under the table so that their maknae would steal a glance towards the file that their manager was reading passionately.

 

“We Got Married….” Manager Lee looked at his girls with a calm expression. “All of you would be in it.”

 

“Bwoh?!” All the nine girls shouted in sync.

 

“Even me?” Taeyeon was too shock to even digest her manager’s word.

 

“And me?” Seohyun wore a dumfounded look on her face.

 

“When I said, all of you, I really meant it. And that include you and Taeyeon too, maknae.” Manager Lee replied.

 

“But why?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“The company wants to give you girls a chance to be normal. Go out on dates, sharing you daily life with guys. Think of it as a way for the company to repay you girls for your hard work these past few years. We can’t allow you to date openly, but from this show, you girls can do whatever you want with your partners. We want you to experience what other girls your age are experiencing.”

 

Manager Lee knew that his girls had to forget about love because of their career. He was with them from the very beginning of their debut. It was not like the girls weren’t pretty, it was not like the girls didn’t have guys courting them, but because of SM’s policy, they were denied the right to fall in love. These girls were like his sisters and for once, he wanted them to feel what love really is, just like a normal girl should be. And he believed that We Got Married will give his girls the chance to do that.

 

“So, are you in or are you out?” He uttered with his eyes locked towards the nine girls.

 

“I’m in!” Yoona was the first to answer.

 

“If my Yoong is in it, it’s a yes for me too.” Yuri back-hugged Yoona.

 

“We, shikshins, stick together. So, yup. I’m in!” Sooyoung too joined the group hug between Yuri and Yoona.

 

“I won’t miss it for anything oppa.” Hyoyeon smiled in agreement.

 

“I’m gonna say yes. This show needs an Aegyo Queen. And I bet the Aegyo King is also in it. Can’t wait to meet him.” Sunny giggled.

 

“Yes from me too. I’m gonna make my ‘husband’ wears pink!” Tiffany, the pink freak chuckled evilly.

 

“I wanna see what kind of guy they pair me up with. Let’s see if that guy can stand the cold stare of the ice princess.” Jessica flipped her hair elegantly.

 

The manager smiled widely upon hearing the seven girls’ answer. His gaze went to meet Seohyun’s and Taeyeon’s figure. “How about you two? Wanna be in WGM again?”

 

Seohyun looked at Taeyeon for answer but all she got was a blank expression. Taeyeon was estimating whether she should accept the offer or not. She did have a terrible ‘marriage’ last time, so to experience the same thing all over again spook the light out of her.

 

“Can you promise that this ‘marriage’ is not going to be as bad as the last one?” She questioned with hesitation.

 

“I won’t put you through the same mess again, Taeyeon. So, yeah. I promise. This one would be a lot better than before.” Manager Lee assured her confidently.

 

Taeyeon knew that her manager was serious. She believed in him. “Oh…. What the hell, right oppa?” She drew a smile on her face.

 

“I take that as a yes then.” Manager Lee nodded. “Seohyun, your answer?”

 

Seohyun heaved a sigh. Here I go again. Another fake marriage, she thought. “If all my unnies are in it, of course I’m gonna say yes too.” But sorry to say, whoever her ‘husband’ is, he would be compared a lot with Yonghwa! Without doubt!

 

“It’s settled. The shooting starts this afternoon.” He took out nine envelopes with the logo of WGM from his file. “Take this and go to your meeting place. Congrats on getting married, girls!”

 

*

Bubble Tea Shop, Gangnam.

 

Sehun’s POV

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRqgi14n4DeDTuo9KxZVA    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtz1ofDRRS1BCaFjnnZE7

 

“Sehun-ssi, here’s your mission for today.” One of the PD of We Got Married placed a white envelope in front of me. I looked at him with a puzzling expression before I opened the envelope.

 

Cold sweats began to form, drenching my shirt. ! Why am I separated from my hyungs? How could they do this to me?! Can’t they just put Luhan hyung or Baekhyun hyung together with me? I’m so freaking freak out here!

 

What should I do when I meet her? How should I treat her? Will we get along well? Won’t things be awkward between us? Urgh! Tons of questions began to bombard my mind. I knew that I should have called Taemin for his advice last night. Stupid Sehun! Note to self, call TAEMIN after this!

 

Love (luv), n., v.,

1. A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

2. A feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection.

 

We Got Married welcomes you, Mr. Oh Sehun. Love? What is love? Everybody has their own definition of love. So, we hope that you and your ‘wife’ would find your own definition from this program.

Eager to know who Mrs. Oh is? Well, here are three hints for you.

1.       She’s one of the ‘Tall people’ who teases the ‘Short people.’ (Cool! My wifey loves to tease people. You’re so my type, Mrs. Oh!)

2.       She thinks that guys are gross. (Crap! That’s gonna be a problem. I’m a guy. Will she think that I’m gross too even if I’m her ‘husband’?)

3.       She hates hamburgers. (Erk! Luckily she didn’t hate bubble tea. If not, we’re going to get a divorce right here and now, Mrs. Oh!)

 

I took a sip of my chocolate bubble tea while glancing at the view outside the shop. My heart fluttered every time the image of a tall girl feasted my eyes. I kept thinking what kind of girl they set me up with. Is she someone that I can relate to or perhaps this marriage is going to be a nightmare from hell? Ah… Whatever right? As long as I can enjoy myself and maybe play a trick or two on her, I’m pretty sure our marriage would be a smooth sailing.

 

Cross your fingers and pray hard, Oh Sehun! Hopefully, future Mrs. Oh isn’t that uptight.

 

The surrounding of the shop was tranquil. Fans didn’t recognize me as I was wearing disguise. Black hoodies, white cap and blue jeans. Who would imagine that a member of EXO would be at a bubble tea shop at a time like this? Nobody! Because our managers already spread a rumor that we’ll be having a photo-shoot somewhere in Itaewon.

 

Smart , old geezer, I must say.

 

As my mind keep wandering off, thinking about what my other hyungs are doing, suddenly a girl wearing a black hoodies and a pair of sunglasses took a seat in front of me. I snapped out from my dazing mode and when I saw the look of her face, I almost spill my favorite bubble tea on the table.

 

“Seohyun noona?” I said in a disbelieving tone.

 

“Sehun?” She took of her glasses and I saw that she too, was surprised.

 

“What are you doing here?” Both of us said at the same time.

 

“We Got Married!” Again, we were in sync.

 

“You’re Mrs. Oh? The tall group people who teases the short people? The girl who thinks that guys are gross and hates hamburger?”

 

“Don’t tell me that I’m married to you?” She almost yelled.

 

Seohyun’s POV

 

“Don’t tell me that I’m married to you?” I almost yelled.

 

“Can I say yes?” Sehun said with a cute smile plastered on his face.

 

“No!” I quickly replied.

 

I’m married to someone way younger than me?

 

I’m married to this bubble tea addict?

 

I’m married to this scheming manipulative maknae?

 

Oh. My. Gosh! What the hell is this? Can’t I have Yonghwa back as my partner?!

 

*

 

Seoul Ice Rink, Gangnam.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReijr6fVMh_1kvY_QzTFT      images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnMK6mrkbzrGHwZeXCX2I

 

Argh!!! This ice rink is so freaking cold. Who’s the freaking brainiac that plan a meeting at a cold place like this? The cold was killing me softly. My thin jacket wasn’t even helping me to keep warm at all. If I knew from the beginning that I would meet my ‘wife’ in a place like this, I would have dress warmer.

 

I rubbed my hands together, trying to control myself from shivering wildly. How I wish I can have a hot chocolate at this moment.

 

“Baekhyun-ssi…” A guy that introduced himself previously as PD Kang appeared with a cup and an envelope inside his hands. “I’m sorry that we didn’t tell you sooner about the meeting place. Here, this will keep you warm.” He handed the cup to me. Awesome! Hot choc! I’m saved from freezing!

 

I placed the hot cup between my hands, absorbing the warmth from it. “Is my ‘wife’ going to be here anytime soon?” I asked before taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

 

“Yeah. She’s on her way here at this moment.” PD Kang nodded. “In the meantime, please read this envelope.” He placed the enveloped beside me before walking towards the stand to check the camera.

 

I put aside the hot choc and opened the envelope with the We Got Married logo. Honestly, I was scared out of the daylight to appear in this show. Who wouldn’t? Even though I have confidence in my dating skills and I read a lot of books about love and relationship, that didn’t mean that I would be a pro in marriage. Heck! Reading isn’t the same as practical. How the effing am I gonna pull through this marriage?

 

I let out a sigh and began reading words by words of the card inside the envelope.

 

“Love is not something we give or get.

It is something that we nurture and grow,

A connection that can be cultivated between two people,

Only when it exists within each one of them – I love you as much as I love myself.”

 

We Got Married welcomes you, Mr. Byun Baekhyun. Love? What is love? The definition of love is something that you make. From the bottom of our heart, we hope that you and Mrs. Byun would realize what actually love is for each one of you.

 

In marriage, if we have Mr. Byun, surely we need a Mrs. Byun. Here are the hints for you to figure out who your wife is:

 

1.       A big fan of Romeo and Juliet. (Erk! Romeo and Juliet? She must be a total hopeless romantic. Oh, well, hope my whole reading about love paid off.)

2.       She can’t cook and once called her mother on a TV program to ask about how to make a sandwich. (Awww…. Man! I guess I need to ask D.O. for recipes after this. Hopefully she’s not a shikshin like Sooyoung noona and Yoona noona. If not, I’m doomed if she crowns me her unofficial personal chef.)

3.       She often got cramps. (Cramps? What is she? An ajumma? Maybe I should practice how to massage people after this. A good husband must help out his wifey right?)

 

Hurm… Reading all these hints didn’t really help me out to figure who she was. I hope that I would get someone as easy going as Taeyeon noona. Argh… It would be better if I have her as my fake wife, isn’t it? But who am I to kid? She had been in We Got Married during the first season. Obviously, she won’t appear in this show anymore.

 

Byun Baekhyun! Snap out of it! Stop thinking about Taeyeon noona! Earth to Baek, you’re getting married here. It would hurt your wife a lot if you keep fanboying over Taeyeon noona. Bad, ByunBaek! Bad!

 

All right! Byun Baekhyun! Keep these three things in mind!

 

Number one: No more Taeyeon noona as long as you are still married to Mrs. Byun!

 

Number two: Stay loyal and only be a fanboy towards Mrs. Byun!

 

Number three: Love Mrs. Byun with all your heart!

 

As I kept repeating those three things mentally inside my mind, PD Kang suddenly appeared in front of me. “Baekhyun-ssi, please wear this skating shoes and wait in the middle of the ice rink.”

 

I simply nodded and wore the skating shoes that he brought for me. Skating wasn’t really my forte and I was having a hard time getting to the middle of the ice rink. The crews were laughing their hearts out when I fell down a couple of times. I didn’t blame them though because I, myself thought that was funny. I’m a master of hapkido and not ice skating. So, yeah. The laughter was well deserved by me.

 

“She’ll be here any minute from now.” PD Kang announced.

 

I put a hand on my chest. The beating of my heart was so chaotic. It ran faster, much faster than when I had my first duet performance with D.O. for What is Love song. I breathed in and out, trying to calm myself. I didn’t want to appear all fluster and uncool in front of Mrs. Byun. I wanted to give her a first good impression. I’m in EXO after all. I have to keep our image in check.

 

“Ommmoooooo!!” A dolphin-like scream echoed, crushing the silence inside the ice rink. Well, there was no one inside the rink aside from the crews and me. So, I guessed that Mrs. Byun had arrived to the scene.

 

But that scream…. It sounded so familiar….

 

Where on earth did I hear it before? It can’t be…. It’s….

 

“Sica noona?” I skated towards the entrance of the ice rink as careful as I can. She was laughing like crazy as she fell on the ice for the second time.

 

An ice princess that didn’t know how to skate? Well… Well… What a surprise there.

 

“Are you okay, Sica noona?” I tried to help her get up but she kept laughing, making it hard for me to bring her to her feet. Finally I admitted defeat and sat in front of her.

 

“I’m okay, Baekhyun.” Still, she was laughing. “Ommo, it’s so hard to skate around. It’s been a while since I’ve been to the ice rink. Can I just sit on the ice?”

 

I chuckled lightly. I never knew that Sica noona can be this funny. “You’re already sitting on it, noona.”

 

“Ah… Silly me.” She smacked herself on the forehead. “What are you doing here, Baekhyun? I thought this is the filming location for WGM? Are you in it too?”

 

“Yes, I’m in it. Nice to meet you, Mrs. Byun Baekhyun.” I greeted her with an eye-smile, my signature smile.

 

“Bwoh?!” Another dolphin shriek from her. And yeah, like the fans said, her shriek had the ability to make all of us go deaf.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

“Bwoh?!” I can’t believe my ears. Did Byun Baekhyun just utter the word Mrs. Byun Baekhyun from his lips? Is this some kind of a mistake? Why should I be married to him? Shouldn’t the producer pair him up with Taeyeon? It was a well-known story in the world of K-Pop that he is a fan boy of Taeyeon. The producer must be crazy! Really crazy!

 

“You’re not pulling my leg, aren’t you, Baekhyun?” I asked again for confirmation.

 

Baekhyun shook his head in reply. “I’m not pulling your leg, Sica noona. I’m your ‘husband’.

 

“You’re the guy that whines like a cute puppy when sleeping?”

 

He nodded.

 

“You’re the guy who thinks that he can capture a girl’s heart with his eyesmile?”

 

Again, he nodded.

 

“You’re the guy who’s afraid of cockroaches?”

 

“Err…. Yeah…” He admitted shyly.

 

“Gosh! I don’t believe this!” I rolled my eyes in disbelief.

 

I’m marrying Byun Baekhyun?! What in the name of galaxy supernova is this?! 

 


Frankly speaking, I've never watch WGM.

I only read about it in the internet.

So, let's just say that this fic is my own interpretation of that program.

SeoHun and BaekSica finally met each other.

Which couples do you want next?

HyoLay? KaiYoon? LuTae? ChanFany? KyungYoung? XiuSun? YulTao?

Comments are highly appreciated to improve my writing.

To the previous readers, subscribers, commenters and voters, thank you for your support. *Bow down*

Oh, if you have any ideas about their couple names, please drop a comment okay. ^^