Outing

Walking On the Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Where are we going?” This would be the third time Hyukjae had been asking the same question, and Donghae’s answer would remain the same.

 

“You’ll see when we get there.”

 

Hyukjae shot the latter a look, but Donghae didn’t seem to be affected at all by his menacing glare. Hyukjae would throw a fit normally, but he was too drained out to even start an argument. It'd been a long time since he had a long ride, and the dizziness was starting to make him uncomfortable.

 

He looked out the window, hoping that the sceneries outside would make him feel better, but it didn’t seem to work.

 

“,” Hyukjae muttered, his hand clutching his stomach.

 

“What’s wrong?” Donghae asked, glancing at the redhead for a second.

 

“It’s nothing,” Hyukjae quickly said.

 

“You don’t look good.”

 

“It’s none of your business.”

 

Donghae didn’t say anything, instead, he pulled over to the roadside, startling the redhead.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Should I say, it’s none of your business?”

 

Hyukjae’s eyes were about to pop out upon hearing the latter’s blunt answer. Donghae was lucky that they were outside, because he’d have chopped his head off if they were at home.

 

“Here,” after rummaging through the backseat, Donghae pulled out a bottle of mineral water and a bun, and handed them to the younger. “Eat this. You’ll feel better.”

 

“I’m not hungry.”

 

“Just eat it. I’m not going to carry you if you faint later.”

 

Biting his lip in defeat, Hyukjae reluctantly grabbed the bun and took a small bite, forcing himself to swallow the bland bread down his throat. It took him almost 10 minutes to finish the small bun, but Donghae didn’t complain at all.

 

As silence began to fill in between them, Hyukjae found himself stealing glances at the latter, studying the features of his flawless face. With his back leaning against his seat, he rested his left arm on the slightly opened window, his eyes fixed on the road ahead. Now that he looked closer, there was a scar right above his right eyebrow, though it wasn’t so visible from afar. But aside from that, he couldn’t deny that Donghae was indeed good looking.

 

He almost jumped when the latter turned his head to the side, his expressionless gaze meeting his eyes.

 

“Feeling better?” Donghae asked.

 

“Yeah,” Hyukjae managed not to stutter. He’d have sounded so stupid if he did.

 

“The place I’m taking you to is quite far. It might be better to take a nap.”

 

“You’re not planning to kidnap me, are you?”

 

“I would’ve done that from the start if I wanted to, you know.”

 

“I was joking,” Hyukjae snorted. It wasn’t like he cared if he was kidnapped. It would be no different than living in an empty mansion for years.

 

“Tell me if you’re not feeling well,” Donghae said as he started driving again, “I’ll turn the car around.”

 

“You don’t have to. I don’t want to go back.”

 

“You sure?”

 

“I hate that place,” Hyukjae mumbled, though his voice was audible enough for Donghae to hear, “So it’s fine.”  

 

From the corner of his eye, Hyukjae could see Donghae throwing him an unreadable look, and it annoyed him, because he couldn’t tell what his eyes were telling. Donghae was always hard to read. And he still thought of him as a mysterious human being.

 

Strangely though, as mysterious as he was, Donghae was the only outsider who had gotten far enough to stay this close to him, because in the past, he’d have gone amok for a whole week to have a stranger near him.

 

“Consider yourself lucky, you bastard,” Hyukjae whispered.

 

Turning down the volume of the radio playing, he folded his arms across his chest and leaned back. Getting a short nap might not be a bad idea after all. He was too tired to even enjoy the beautiful view outside.

 

“Wake me up when we arrive,” Hyukjae said, taking out a small blanket and wrapping it around himself, “But if it’s a weird place, you’ll be dead in my hands.”

 

“It is weird,” Donghae replied, “In a good way, of course.”

 

“Why don’t you just tell me where we’re heading to?”

 

“You’ll know soon.”

 

“Forget it,” Hyukjae sighed, “Why did I even bother talking to you?”

 

“Then don’t talk to me.”

 

“You’re one hateful jerk, you know that?”

 

“No, I don’t.”

 

“Screw you,” Hyukjae muttered.

 

Though, he was actually even more annoyed at himself for letting a stranger like Donghae take control of him. Why was he being patient anyway? He used to beat the crap out of those who annoyed him. But with Donghae, he couldn’t seem to act like himself, and he hated it so much he wanted to kill someone.

 

“You can hit me if you want,” Donghae said, “Don’t hold back.”

 

“Don’t be stupid,” Hyukjae groaned, “There’s no way I can hit you when you put it like that, you son of a bulldog.”

 

“Just give it a try. You’ll feel better.”

 

Hyukjae looked at the latter, slightly hesitating as he landed his fist on the latter’s shoulder, hitting it as hard as he could. “Now don’t blame me.”

 

“I won’t,” Donghae replied,” “It doesn’t hurt even the slightest anyway.”

 

“ you.”

___________________________

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter