Goodbye party

How do I look like?

Ten o' clock in the evening.

Baekhyun looked outside his window. Good, it was dark enough and he could go to Sehun's house.

He had promised his friend he wouldn't miss out on his goodbye party and, since Sehun would have moved to America for two years, he really couldn't disappoint him.

He wore his blackest hoodie on top of his elegant jacket and, after locking the door, he started walking to his friend's house.

He was particularly pensive that evening. The shirt he was wearing was too tight and the jacket too loose. That's because after twenty  ing one years neither his mother, nor his sister knew his clothes' size.

Well... yes, he...he didn't buy his clothes himself. But there was a valid reason!

Actually his extremely rare light allergy was so bad he couldn't go out during the day, especially if that meant he had to expose his entire body just to try on a pair of trousers or a stupid shirt! He didn't care about the model or the design, but, damn, he had to fit in his own stuff and apparently the women in his family didn't know enough about his body structure. Not to mention his father conception of his body.

So when he got to his friend's house and took off the hoodie, Sehun started to laugh and patted him on his shoulder. Or, at least, where his jacket's shoulder was.

The atmosphere was the one Baekhyun preferred: dimmed lights, modern music playing softly and candles everywhere. The guests were many, as Sehun was pretty popular in his private school, but Baekhyun didn't know any of them. Indeed, it was strange for him to be among all those people.

Since he was homeschooled, he didn't have many friends. He liked talking to people but he didn't go out that much, so the only place where he had met someone was his close neighbourhood. That's where he had met Sehun, when they were just babies and the latter stayed a lot at his grandparents' house, right next door to Baekhyun's.

They stayed together a lot, they loved each other's qualities and they never grew tired of each other's flaws. Well, they complained and had a lot of arguments, of course, but they knew that without those flaws they wouldn't have been the same. It was a great friendship and Baekhyun didn't need anything else in his life: an amazing friend, a lovely and caring family and a quiet existence in a nice house. 

That until Sehun got himself a girlfriend, Miryo. He was even happier than before and his eyes lit when he talked about her, so why didn't Baekhyun have such a person that could improve his life? The only problem was that he wasn't attracted to girls. And, in fact, not even to guys. So he guessed that the right person would have shown up and hit him like a lightning at the right moment, so kept on living his life.

Back to that evening, he came just in time for the dessert: a giant cake from Miryo with a simple goodbye message written on it in golden icing. Definetely Sehun's style, extremely elegant but without being excessive. She really knew him.

The only place left was between a boy and a girl right in front of his friend, so he sat without hesitation. They introduced themselves to Baekhyun: she was called Jieun and he was called Chanyeol. He had heard those names from Sehun, but he didn't remember much else.

Chanyeol started talking: "Oh, you're the famous Baekhyun! Sehun often talks about you during our dance practise. You know we attend dance lessons together in the evenings and we always stay a little bit after, talking. That's how we became friends, and -- oh, sorry, I --I am bothering you with my chattering, I'm really sor--" Baekhyun giggled and told him not to worry, it was ok.

"I'm not used to having a lot of people around and when I find someone intersting, I can't stop talking. Oh! I don't --I don't mean interesting in a physical way, I mean you are handsome, sure, I don't question this, but you know, I hear a lot of stories about you from Sehun, so you are interesting in that way. Sorry I should just shut up as I normally do, I'm being annoying." Chanyeol didn't know how to handle his embarassment.

"Chanyeol, don't say bull, you never shut up!" Sehun said out loud from the other side of the room "come on, stop flirting and eat that cake, it's paradise, trust me. You ok Baekhyun?"

"Yes, I'm fine, man. This cake is fantastic, you're right, but, please, don't treat your friend... Chanyeol? Chanyeol like this, he's nice!" Baek exclaimed laughing. 

The night went by among alcohol, smoke and laughter. It was like floating in a blurred dream, strangely pleasant and peaceful. After a drink or two Baekhyun's eyes already started to dim and he had to sit on the huge sofa. After the seventh glass of vodka lemon he heard confused voices of people saying anything that was on their mind. All that noise was so annoying and moreover he felt he needed air, so he stood up and stumbling he headed to the garden.

Before reaching the front door he saw Chanyeol coming out of the bathroom and walking past a mirror with a suspicious air.

He froze at the sight before his eyes. It wasn't possible. 

Nobody was in that corridor, so he stretched an arm and gripped Chanyeol's wrist as tight as he could, leading him in front of the mirror. Chanyeol opposed his strength to Baekhyun's but the latter managed his purpose. 

Both were in front of the mirror now.

But no image was staring back.

At neither of them.

Hey there! This is my first fanfiction published here 

so I'm a bit nervous about it. Anyway I hope you like

it! Please tell me if I made any mistake (English is not

 my first language, so it's possible) and let me know 

if you like my story because I'll add a second chapter

then!  

~Bliss~