Chapter Three

Azureus

I sat on my bed, tears flowing freely down my cheeks. Tears for loss of my grandmother, tears for my ruined life, and tears for the humiliation I had faced. 

Suddenly, the door opened and I heard someone step into the room. I didn’t look up. The person sat down on the edge of my bed. I didn’t budge. The tears had stopped. Now, all I felt was fear. 

“Hey, are you okay?” The voice was familiar. It was Yunho. I sat up hugging my pillow close and looking away from him. He moved to the center of the bed and sat next to me. 

“You really don’t have to worry about it. Everyone thought you were cute and innocent. You know, Jaejoong’s relatives are a lot warmer and nicer than he is.”

I was shocked that he had been able to tell what was really bothering me. Jaejoong hadn’t even cared during the dinner and for some reason, it hurt me. I hid my shock carefully and managed a small smile.

“Thanks for helping me back there.”

“No problem. The salad wasn’t very delicious though. Could use a little flavoring.” He pretended to think about it. “Maybe some spices, a few herbs, a touch of salt and a teensy weensy bit of salad dressing. Oh maybe some paprika. I love paprika.” He managed to say all that with a perfectly serious face. I burst into laughter and after a while of trying to resist it, he joined in as well. I was so grateful to him. I had forgotten all m troubles in minutes. 

“Hey you owe me, right?” he asked once we stopped laughing. 

I eyed him guardedly. 

"So what would you say to spending lunch with me in school on Monday?”

I smiled.

“I’d like that.”

Jaejoong’s POV

I lay down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I thought back to the dinner, to my fiancé’s humiliating experience. I wondered if she was okay.

I decided to check on her. You know, to make my mother happy of course. I was just about to knock on the door when I heard voices coming from inside.

“So what would you say to spending lunch with me in school on Monday?” Yunho’s voice. I clenched my fists. What was he doing inside there? All the guests had gone home. 

“I’d like that.” Yeonhee’s vice. My fiancé’s voice. Well it seemed like she was being well taken care of already. I wasn’t needed here.

An unexplainable surge of jealousy surged through me. I turned around and strode back to my room, slamming the door behind me. 

[Back to Yeonhee’s POV]

The next morning, I woke up and got dressed and went down for breakfast. I was starting to get used to the routine. 

As I took my seat, Mrs. Kim spoke up.

“Ah Yeonhee, today I arranged for you to spend a day with Jaejoong and his harming friends, I’m sure they will keep you entertained. I’ve had the pleasure of being in their company before and I believe you have met them before. I’m sure you will agree with me when I say that they are quite amusing. They will be arriving in a short while.”

I nodded and smiled, the safest reaction around Mrs. Kim. Jaejoong nodded too, to my ultimate shock. It was the first reaction I had ever seen from him. 

Wow. did he just respond? O.o He may not be as dead as I thought he was.

Suddenly he spoke, giving me the shock of the century. It was probably the first time I had heard his voice. It was rich and beautiful, velvety and soft. It was a pleasure to listen to it. 

“I was planning for me and Yeonhee could have some time to get to know each other better. I already called the guys and told hem to meet us there so that we would have some time alone first.”

Wait! He did not just say that! What was wrong with him?!