↷ ✩ two ; prince and princess.

` ↷ ✩ seventeen cafe.

   CHAPTER TWO: PRINCE AND PRINCESS

In the corner of the café sat Jang Doyoon, who was looking somewhere in the distance; his eyebrows were furrowed, which could only mean one thing: he must've been concentrating very hard on something. 

The door swung open, revealing the second of the two managers of the café.  "Prince Doyoon,” she said. Her voice echoed throughout the café's main room. 

He slightly turned his head. "Princess Jiyoon," he said, trying his best to imitate the toneless tone his sister had in her voice when she called out his name. He tried to keep a straight face, like Jiyoon was doing so well, but ended up cracking a smile.

Her straight face didn't last long either, for she smiled with her brother. She happily skipped over and plopped down on the seat next to him. "So, I think we should hold an event," Jiyoon announced.

"You're right," he agreed and leafed through the papers in his clipboard for no apparent reason.  "Do you have an idea?"

She nodded. "Tons, actually."

He stopped flipping through the binder he had. "Great! Can I see them?"

"I asked a bunch of the workers and most of them gave me wonderful ideas," she continued looking through her binder.   

Doyoon raised his brow. "Most?"

"Seunggwan wanted an event called, 'Seunggwan day,'” she used her fingers to quote Seunggwan day.

Doyoon's mouth formed an 'o' shape. “What would we do on-”

"I don’t know, but I think it’s a day where we’ll worship Sweunggwan or something like that. But besides his idea, the rest were amazing. Most, actually, were specific theme days, such as," she continued to flip through the stack of sheets and stopped when she finally found the page she had been looking for. She took the sheet out of her binder and placed the paper in front of her brother. "Here."

Doyoon read the list out loud: "Masquerade, Ugly Sweaters, High School Stereotype, Black light..." Doyoon looked at his sister in confusion. "Black light..." he repeated. He had heard of the word before, and he thought he should know what it was. But he didn't. "What's Black Light?"

"Glow-in-the-dark. You know, that kind of thing," she explained.

"Oh, okay." He continued, "Alice in Wonderland, Roaring Twenties, Prince and Princess..." Doyoon eyes widened and pointed at the one he had just read. "Prince and Princess!" He repeated. "This one is my favourite!"

A smile appeared on Jiyoon's face, and excitement over took her. "I like that one too!" She explained imagining herself in a beautiful dress and her brother in a dashing prince costume. "So, it's settled then! When do you want to do this one?"

He grinned. "Very soon."

"Eunyeon, can you please go and fetch the costumes?” Jiyoon asked. The girl nodded, which made Jiyoon smile.  “Great! I suppose you’ll want someone to go with you...” She took her eyes away from her clipboard and scanned around the room. She found a lazy Seokmin, sitting rather too comfortably on a chair while watching the others hang up decorations. "Seokmin!" She cried out, getting the boy's attention before Eunyeon could kindly decline the offer. 

He head shot up, and he looked both left and right - all he had to do was look up, though. It took him awhile to realize who had called him. "Yeah?" he asked not getting up from his comfortable position.

"You and Eunyeon are going to be the ones to go to the store!" she cried back. She didn't wait for his response and turned to Eunyeon. "So, Seokmin will be your partner. Here's the money," she fished out the wad of cash from her pocket. "And the address," she ripped the list from her binder and gave both of the materials to her. "Is my handwriting legible?"

She nodded. "Your writing is really neat," Eunyeon said, admiring the neatly written characters.  She then lifted her eyes away from the paper to Jiyoon. "We'll be back before you know it," she said and left to get her partner.

When Eunyeon had told her partner where they were going he replied with "It’s okay. I'm comfortable where I am."

Eunyeon rolled her eyes and walked up to the boy. "That wasn't a question, Seokmin," she said tonelessly. He remained seated, refusing to leave his position. Eunyeon shrugged. “If you don’t want to go, I’ll be leaving without you."

He abruptly stood up. “Wait, I’m coming!” He said, running after Eunyeon, past a struggling Samuel and out the door, trying to catch up to Eunyeon.

While Eunyeon and Seokmin were out to get the costumes, a little boy was struggling to place the pink and purple paper streamers on the top corner of the high window sill. He browsed around his surroundings and saw Miyoung in his line of vision. "Miyoung noona!" he cried. She glanced over at him. "Can you help me with this banner?" He asked.

She noticed Samuel's current state and nodded. "I'm coming, Samuel!" she said, walking over to him. Samuel had gotten off the stool to let Miyoung go on it. She stepped all the way to the third step and tip-toed - she couldn't seem to reach it either. After several attempts, she had finally been able to place the streamer where it was intended to be. 

"Phew, finally," she muttered. She stepped down and proudly gazed at the streamer she had stretched her poor arm to put up. 

She was proud of what she had done, but her pride was soon gone when someone had commented on her work: "It looks crooked." She turned to see who it was - it was Mingyu. He walked up to the two and gazed at the wide stripe of decoration.

"Noona, it does look uneven," Samuel agreed.

Slightly tilting her head, she stared at the crooked streamer and frowned; Mingyu was right, the streamer was extremely out of place. She sighed and began the challenge again.

"Why don't you let me do it?" he asked.

Miyoung shook her head and continued to struggle. "Noona, I don't think-"

"I can do it, Samuel," she cut him off and determination took over her. She heard Mingyu sigh, and before she knew it, someone had taken the streamer out of her hands and placed it perfectly where it was desired to be. "Woah..."

Mingyu grinned in accomplishment. It took a while for Miyoung to realize that Mingyu had taken the piece of thin paper and pinned it up all by himself. Then it hit her - how tall the boy was; he didn't even need to stand on a stool to put up the banner. 

Jiyoon had just seen what happened and drew a check beside the 'put streamers up' on her list. She continued to wander and supervise the staff. "Now, let's see how the music is going."  While approaching the stage, she found Mirae, Choim, Hansol, Junghee and Jihoon playing with the instruments on the stage.

"Didn’t I play that amazingly?" She heard Junghee say.

Choim nodded. "It was incredible!”

But Mirae disagreed. "Not really. Anybody can play Mary Had a Little Lamb." And to prove it, she took the guitar away from Choim, placed it comfortably on her thigh and successfully repeated the song. "See."

Junghee glanced at Hansol who gave her a reassuring smile. “I think you did well.”

Jiyoon had not intended to disturb their conversation and was thinking of coming back later, but that was ruined when Choim had noticed the manager and greeted her. “Oh, look it's Jiyoon!” she waved. 

She waved back at Choim and then asked, "Do you have the soundtrack prepared for this week's theme?"

Junghee was the one that had presented the song list to their manager. She quickly scanned the list and smiled. "Great!” She flipped through her binder to find the list and marked a check mark beside "song list." She went back to wandering about.

“Jiyoon!” Junghwa called, trying to match Jiyoon’s quick pace. “How is everything going?”

“It’s going really well. I’m just waiting for Seokmin and Eunyeon to come back with the rest of the costumes and we’ll be all set for tomorrow,” she explained.

“So... Aeri, do you know what the farmer said to the other farmer?” Lee Chan asked for the hundredth time today.

She continued to ignore the boy and helped Seungcheol and Seunggwan with the table decorations.

After not hearing a response, he had asked again. “Aeri, do you want to know?”

Jiyoon and Junghwa took their eyes off of Aeri and Chan, glanced at each other with a sympathetic smile on their faces, and then again, at the two.  “There goes Lee Chan and his daily attempt of a joke,” Junghwa chuckled, gazing at the now puppy-eyed boy, an attempt to catch the girl's attention. "Yoon, do you think we should help him?"  

She glanced at the boy and then nodded. "I think we should... but later." Junghwa let out a soft laugh before returning to her task - making posters and advertisements for their theme week. Gesturing Jiyoon to follow, Junghwa walked back to the table where Hyojung, Junghan, Jisoo and Dongjin were sitting. "How's it going?" 

"You would know.. if you were actually helping," Junghan spit out without looking up from the poster he was working on. 

"Hey!" Junghwa snapped back. "I was, okay? Everyone deserves to take a little break."

Raising his eyebrow, Junghan began to stand up. "Really? Then I think I should be able to take a break now-" Silently, Jisoo placed his hand on Junghan's shoulder, pushing him to sit down again. "Or not." 

Concentrating hard on the poster in front of him, Jisoo furrowed his eyebrows. He was trying to convey the message that there would be a nice soundtrack as well as live music during the theme week, but he wasn't sure how. So far, he had only drawn a guitar, which he was very proud of, for that matter. 

"Hyung, don't worry too much. It's not a big deal," Dongjin nudged the older boy beside him, who ended up simply shaking his head. "Hyung." 

"Oh, I have an idea of what you can do!" Hyojung exclaimed, throwing her hands into the air. She opened to speak, but no words came out. "Wait.. I forgot it." Causing the other five to look at her, she laughed. "Sorry."

Jiyoon nodded and checked "advertisements" off the list, even though it wasn't 100% complete - she knew that it would be, though. She trusted them. After scanning the list, everything seemed to be going well and the list was almost all checked off. "All we need now are the costumes," Jiyoon mumbled. And as if right on cue, from the corner of her eye, she spotted Seokmin and Eunyeon coming in the building holding a box, which she hoped were the costumes. 

"Hey Eun, look what I can do."

"Eun?" Eunyeon turned to the younger boy beside her, partially interested. 

With a smile, Seokmin nodded. "Yeah! From Eunyeon, you know?" Keeping the wide grin on his face, he put his hands on his hips. "Now, watch." Like a model walking down the runway, Seokmin strut along the sidewalk with his head held high. Catching notice of this boy walking like he owned the street, the strangers around him instinctively scrambled over to the sides and out of his way. 

Widening her eyes, Eunyeon stared in amusement and silently followed the 16 year old. When they reached their destination, the boy turned to her in satisfaction. "There, see? Everyone respected my presence and moved out of the way for us to get here quicker!" 

Unable to fight against it, Eunyeon smiled. "That was hilarious. How did you-" Shaking her head, she patted him on the shoulder before walking into the store. "Good job." Contented, Seokmin followed her inside and stopped in his tracks once inside - he found himself welcomed by the site of so many costumes, more than he had ever seen in his entire life. "Since our theme is royalty, we'll need to get dresses for the girls and suits for the guys. I think they're over there." Eunyeon dragged the speechless boy to the 'fancy' section. 

"Noona! How do I look?" Seokmin struck a pose when she turned to look at him. He had snuck away while she was picking out costumes, and now stood outside the dressing room in a medieval prince outfit - complete with the drooping hat and cape. "Dashing, right?"

"Oh wow," Eunyeon couldn't help but laugh. "You look so handsome that I think I might faint." Satisfied with her compliment, sarcasm or not, Seokmin walked over to her side and helped her gather other outfits for the others. "So.. we need nine dresses and sixteen suits. As attractive as you may look in that outfit, I think we should just stick with the plain suit and tie for the other guys." 

The boy, a little disappointed, nodded anyway. "Are all the suits going to be the same?" 

"Maybe, unless we get something special to distinguish each person. Do you have any ideas?" 

"Yeah!" Seokmin nodded. "Oh look, I think I found some for the girls too. And it's sparkly!" Grinning from ear to ear, he ran off to gather the accessories.

Normally, Eunyeon would have preferred to complete the task on her own, without any help. But she had to admit, having Seokmin around just made things all the more amusing. 

 


jiae.

hello! how has everybody been? ^ ^ 

I think i'm going to use that 'hello, how has everybody been?' for every beginning of my author notes ... well, until I come up with something better to say. B| why am i telling you guys this? xD i bet you guise don't even care. LOL. 

but i do care about your opinions, so, what did you think of this chapter? c:

cries. 17tv season four episode/stream one was aired recently!  * ^ * i have so much feels from watching the clips. /didn't get to watch it live bc of school; sobs/.  sighs. i think being an international fan has more disadvantages than advantages. lol. 

did anyone of you guys watch the first stream/episode or just clips of it? c:

if you have, did you see the part where seunggwan (ft. seventeen) was dancing to girl group songs? xD Seunggwan /kindof/ reminds me of infinite's sungjong kindof becuase they both have one thing in common: doing a great job dancing to girl groups dances. /shot/

I would also like to announce that, Jiyoon and I have decided to update every week ... so,  you better look forward to our weekly updates! B| /shot/ loljks. you don't have to but it'll be nice if you did. xD

btw, thanks for reading! o/  

jiyoon.

hello, hello! 

like jiae says, we're going to be updating every week (or at least trying to). so now you guys can look forward to that! /shot.

uh uh uh.. i had things that i wanted to say, but i forgot. orz i know that this chapter isn't all that eventful, but i hope it was still okay. t'was a collab chapter by us, ehe. o/

oh oh oh, since she brought it up, omg 17tv guerilla broadcast! can i just say how much i loved it bc i missed our boys so much. ; u ; if you haven't, i recommend watching seunggwan & seokmin's "give it to me" and the freestyle "teach me how to dougie" as well as the dance battle between soonyoung & jihoon! eep, feels. /bricked.

anywaaaay, let us know what you think! c: