Chapter 2

"Wrong Princess, Bub."

  "I'm home," Stephanie called out to particularly no one.

  She gave the maids a bow before heading straight to her room. Jumping on her bed, she took out her laptop and went on her Facebook. Nothing really interesting- Wait, is that what she thinks it is? She clicked on the post and the screen showed a picture of a group of guys trying to cover themselves with pieces of metal and foil paper. In the middle, was a curly haired girl holding a drawing of a crown on top of her head.

 There was no status along with it. But Stephanie thinks she has a pretty good idea of what the message was. An invitation or and ad for the upcoming masquarade dance. The boys were probably put in charge of the decorations and Emily must have decided to crash the photo since she's not even in their class. In fact, she's the same class as Stephanie's. But that's beside the point, they were all actually willing to dress up, if you would call it that, like idiots just to get people to come to their little dance. It made Stephanie smile at their little antics as she went through the other photos.

  A small window popped up at the corner of her screen.

 Emily : Hey0! - Ems.

 Stephanie : u don actually hve 2 sign ur name at d'end.

 Emily : but it's nice. - Ems.

 Stephanie : whateves

 Stephanie : saw ur pics btw

 Emily : really? Did u like it? - Ems.

 Emily : did it pull u over? - Ems.

 Stephanie : did it pull me over? Rili?

 Emily : yes, to the dance of your dreams ~

 Emily : and what's 'rili'? - Ems.

 Stephanie : really

 Emily : yes, really. Or did u mean rile? - Ems.

 Stephanie : -.-

 Emily : ANSWER ME!!! - Ems.

 Emily : what's 'rili'? - Ems.

 Stephanie : Ure goin 2 d'dance?

 Emily : I can't :( - Ems.

 Stephanie : y

 Emily : no dress - Ems.

 Stephanie : seriously? Just go shopping.

 Emily : hey, look no shortcuts :D - Ems.

 Emily : me no like dress

 Emily : or shopping

 Emily : I forgot -> - Ems.

 Stephanie : -.-

 Stephanie : weirdo.

 Emily : you're going? - Ems.

 Stephanie : I don't want to.

 Emily : why not? It's fun! - Ems.

 Stephanie : y don u go den?

 Emily : I told u. No dress - Ems.

 Stephanie : u can always wear 1 of mine.

 She should slap herself right now. How can she offer a dress to Emily? The girl barely knew how to sit properly in pants. Imagine her, wearing a dress. It could be a disaster. Maybe there's a way she could back the offer. Though it might be rude. But for the sake of her dress!

 Emily : are u ok? - Ems.

 Stephanie : wat?

 Emily : u just offered to lend me a dress. - Ems.

 Was that so weird? Stephanie didn't think so. She was just offering to let her borrow her dress. Though she was having second thoughts about it, but still, was the offer that weird?

 Stephanie : so

 Emily : u don't lend things, especially not clothes, to people. - Ems.

 Stephanie : -.-

 Stephanie : gee thanks. I feel soooo good bout myself now.

 Emily : so u were serious? O.o - Ems.

 Stephanie : u don wan it?

 Emily : I do - Ems.

 Emily : if you really don't mind - Ems.

 Stephanie : I don't.

 Emily : yay, thanks! ^_^

 Emily : ~(o.o)~

 Emily : PARTAY!!!

 Not bothering to reply, she logged off and shut down her laptop. She rolled over on her back, shutting her eyes for a few seconds before sitting up. She probably reeks right now, a shower is what she needs. Throwing her clothes on the floor, she let the warm water clean the dirt away. Her thoughts going back to the conversation with her friend.

 Surely, Emily thinks she's nice, right? Okay yes, Stephanie does emit off a 'spoiled' kid aura, and rarely involve herself with any of the class activities. But that doesn't make her a bad person, it just means she's busy. Busy following her parents to random dinner meetings. She began to chastised herself for bothering with such a petty thing. Haters will never fully understand her burden.

 Putting on the bath robe, she head to the closet and went through her clothes.

 She should stop worrying about what others think, and only worry about herself.

 Her eyes caught sight of a red dress she got from New York, probably. It was a gift from one of her father's clients. A gift that she rarely wears cause the dress didn't look as good on her as they expected. She suits better with pastel or soft colours, not bright ones like this. She picked up the dress, and turned it around. Her eyes travelled to the thought of her friend, Emily. This would probably fit well with her. It was loud, like the girl herself. Plus, it will show off the curves that the younger tend to hide under loose hoodies.

 Yes, she had found the right dress for her best friend. Sighing, she knew this was probably a good thing to do.

 

~~~

Poster by

MrsChoding from 天使彡; tenshi graphics