Chapter 3

"Wrong Princess, Bub."

  "Thank you. Thank you!"

  Stephanie quickly pushed the smaller girl off, and huffed in annoyance, "You're going to wrinkle my uniform."

  "You're not taking back what you said, are you?" Emily asked. "Yesterday, about the dress? I can still borrow it, right? Right? Please?"

  Stephanie straightened back her skirt and brushed her bangs away, "Yeah, yeah. Why are you so excited anyway?"

  Emily, feeling so grateful, clung on to her arm, as they made her way to class. Her curly hair pulled behind into a ponytail. Her uniform clearly showed that it wasn't iron properly, wrinkles could be seen on her white e top. Her blazer hanging off her shoulder since it was too hot for her to wear.

  "I've always wanted to go to a dance," Emily replied, with a shrug.

  "Then, buy a dress and go."

  "I don't like shopping." 

  "You don't like lots of things," she shot back.

  The younger shrugged, before flashing a smile at a guy passing by. They both got to class where half their classmates were already there. Stephanie made her way to the back of class, where Rachel was busy writing, while Emily went straight to Peniel who was busy chatting with Ilhoon.

  "Hey," Stephanie greeted, as she took her seat.

  "Hey, so I heard you're going to the festival?" Rachel asked, immediately though her eyes focused on her Drabble.

  "I'm not?" Stephanie said, more of asked. To be honest, she wasnt sure anymore. She didn't feel like going, not wanting to face any unwanted questions or suspicious from her schoolmates if she did. But at the same time, Emily would be wearing one of her dresses. Which yes, she barely wears, but it's still precious and needs a lot of caring. Knowing Emily and her habits, this will require supervision.

  Or maybe she could just take back her offer. That will solve the whole thing, right?

  "I heard about the whole dress thing," Rachel piped up. "That was nice of you."

  "Does she tell you everything?" Stephanie asked, annoyed.

  Rachel paused and took a moment to think, "I guess so."

  Rolling her eyes, she took out her pencil box where her mirror is stored. She checked her reflection, and thought she looked great, despite her hair being slightly messy from Emily's attack earlier. But other than that, she looked fine. Satisfied, she kept the mirror back, and glanced around the class.

  Her eyes landed on two girls talking with Emily and her friends. Or more specifically, towards her friends, the guys. Emily didnt seem comfortable with their presence there. Then, the boys got up and left, which was when she had expected the girls to leave as well. But instead, Stephanie saw how one of them, put a hand on Emily's chair and told her something. Emily had glared in return and talked back. That clearly didn't please the girl, as she retorted something back. Emily held her place and just glared, taking everything the girl was throwing at her.

  Why didn't the boys say anything? Annoyed, Stephanie got up from her seat.

  "Wait, where are you going?" Rachel asked, surprised.

  As she got closer, she could just hear the end of the girl's annoying voice.

  "Don't worry, there'll be other festivals," the girl laughed, before walking off. Her eyes flickered towards Stephanie, before turning away with her friend.

  "Cowards," Stephanie muttered.

  Emily turned to her in surprise, smiling brightly as nothing happened earlier, "Heyo, wazzup?"

  "You can't include two greetings in one," Stephanie told her.

  "Yes you can, you say good morning everyday!" Emily reasoned.

  "Good morning is one greeting," Stephanie pointed out.

  "Miss Lou always says 'Good morning, good day.'" The latter said, doing her best to imitate their music teacher.

  "Where's your friends?" She asked, glancing at the boys' empty seats.

  "Minhyuk called them for a game," Emily answered, before mimicking a movement. "He shoots, he scores."

  "Basketball," Stephanie grinned, knowing she was right.

  Emily tapped her forehead before pointing at Stephanie, "Psychic."

  Stephanie let out a scoff.

  She pulled up a seat and sat across Emily. With a serious face, she said, "We need to talk."

  Emily faked out a gasp, clutching her heart, "Don't tell me, you're breaking up with me."

  "I will if you leave even the tiniest stain and or tear on the dress."

  "How could you say such thing?"

  "I'm serious. If I see any damage on the dress, I will kill you," Stephanie said, before adding. "And then I won't talk to you."

  "How could you be so cruel?"

  "Are you free Friday after school?" Stephanie asked, ignoring her overly dramatic act.

  "Sort of, there's-"

  "Clear it, you're coming to my house," she cut off in a pointy tone. "That is if you still want my dress."

  Emily pouts, "Fine."

***

  "Can you come over this Friday after school?" Stephanie asked.

  Rachel blinked her dark hair falling over her eyes. She brushed them to the back and untied her loose ponytail using one hand while the other hold the books.

  "What for?"

  "Emily's coming over to see the dress," Stephanie told her. "I have to teach her the right etiquettes and steps."

  "To wearing a dress?"

  "Yes, she should especially know what she cannot eat while wearing one," she insisted.

  Rachel nodded, merely out of politeness, "So, why do you need me?"

  "You know, I can't handle Emily on her own," Stephanie replied.

  "Yeah, you're quite impatient," Rachel said, thinking about it. Those two would probably be arguing half the time if left alone.

  "Am not!"

  "I'll see what I can do," Rachel said.

***

  The basketball was tossed quite often, the pair of hand holding it barely lasted fifteen seconds before it changed to another. A group of guys playing the game, rushing around the court barely noticing the girls watching them. The only girl they're actually paying attention to is the curly haired who now has the ball. She dribbled it forward before taking a chance and shooting it to the net not too far off.

  The ball was quickly blocked by a dark skinned name Hyunsik who grinned viciously at him. She poked out her tongue, clearly not satisfied.

  "How can you not go easy on such a weak girl like me?" She said, batting taking a gulp off water from her bottle.

  He didn't reply and merely took a shot himself, grin widening when the ball went neatly through the net.

  "Are you going this Saturday?" Sungjae asked.

  "Yeah, you?"

  "I might, if I find something other than my Dad's old tux to wear," Changsub answered.

  "You don't actually have to wear tuxes do you?" Ilhoon asked, picking up the ball.

  "It'll be improper if you don't," Emily said, teasing him lightly. "All the guys in suits and tux and one standing out like a sore thumb with a shirt and jeans."

  "Like you'll actually be there in a dress," he retorted.

  "As a matter of fact, I am."

  "Really? You're going to wear a dress?" Sungjae asked surprised. "I've never seen you in a dress before."

  "I can't imagine you in a dress," Changsub said.

  "The day you wear a dress is the day I wear one of those fishtail suits," Ilhoon replied.

  "Well then, you better suit up," Emily said, grinning.

~~~

I know is this okay? The dance is coming up in the next chapter seeing that I don't want to keep you all waiting too long and boring you with the OCs. The banner is made by the same girl who made the poster in the chapter before :)