hey, stranger.

zenith

"Hey."

Changmin looks up from his book, arching an eyebrow when he takes in the sight of the stranger in front of him. There are three things that Changmin usually avoids: Arrogant guys in leather jackets, arrogant guys who smoke, and arrogant guys who are also shameless flirts. This stranger fulfils all of the criteria, and Changmin really wants to assure himself that he's unaffected by the other male's magnetic stare, but finds himself averting his gaze when he feels a familiar heat rising to his cheeks; choosing to pretend that he's unperturbed. 

It's obvious to both of them that his acting .

"You going to ignore a customer then?" The man asks, the corner of his lips tilting upwards in a suave smile - an unspoken gesture of confidence.

Changmin sets his book down with a droll look, fingers gripping the edge of the bar counter and clearing his throat.

"What would you like to order?" He deadpans, now knowing that it was definitely a bad idea to fill in for his friend at his regular bartending job in one of the seedy nightclubs near their university. In fact, Changmin wouldn't have agreed if he had known that the devil of temptation himself would be trying to pick him up. 

At least, that's what the stranger appears to be doing.

The man ponders the question for a while, rolling his cigarette in between his elegant fingers before turning to Changmin with a sly glint in his eye.

" on the Beach." He says straight-faced, and Changmin blushes for real this time because now he knows that the man did that on purpose.

"S-sure."

Turning away, Changmin tries to shake off the aftereffects of the stranger's allure as he prepares the drink; ignoring the way his hands tremble slightly as he mixes the alcohol. Returning, he sets the colourful drink on the counter and tugs at his collar, wondering why it suddenly feels so warm.

"Anything else, sir?" He forces a polite smile, the coarse material of his jeans instinctively when the man leans in closer.

"Oh, I want plenty of things. But now's not the time for you to give it to me." The stranger says huskily; his voice like liquid honey.

He blows a ring of smoke into Changmin's face and chuckles softly when he splutters with indignation before grabbing the drink, winking shamelessly and disappearing into the crowd. Changmin sighs and tries to return to his book, but it's hard with the undeniable arousal pulsing through his veins.

After his shift is done, Changmin makes to leave the nightclub and pats his pockets for his car keys, but frowns when he feels something sharp and pointed in the back pocket of his jeans instead. Sliding the object out, his eyes widen when he sees that it's a plain white card with a name and a string of numbers scrawled messily beneath it.

Jung Yunho.

Changmin suppresses a smile and saves the number on his phone.

After all, he has plenty of time.

 

 

______

A/N: on the Beach is a legitimate alcohol drink, just so you all know HAHA.