Gong Chan Sik

Peterpan's Mission: The Return of Fairytales Land

 

~ 1 : Gong Chan Sik ~

 


In a world where there is no words of fairytale, no imagining things about those that doesn’t exist, a new world which born 872 years ago by a boy’s mistake, another boy groaned in anger under his blanket when his alarm clock once again tried to wake him up from his deep peace slumber that morning.

Couldn’t hold his anger anymore, he pulled the blanket off and sat in one jolt.

“Shut up!” he grumbled, still with half opened eyes. “Tink, you better don’t wake me up with that annoyed ring voice again!” But still, the ring still could be heard, made him even angrier. “Tink! Stop it!” he yelled, opened his eyes fully now.

For some seconds he just stared blankly before blinked some times and frowned, filling dizzy and pain on his head. “Where am I?” he murmured, looking around.

It’s my room.

He looked to the side, took the capture of his alarm clock in his eyes.

And it’s not Tink, but my freaking noisy alarm clock!

He reached the alarm clock and turned it off with one rough knock.

“Aigoo, Gongchan! What’s wrong with you?” he said, knocked his head hardly, and then shook it, thinking that it would somehow make his mind clearer. “Agh, the dreams seemed so real.”

“Or maybe I drank too much last night?” he mused, but chose not to be bothered by it seconds later.

He went down from his bed, still with his messy bed hair, and walk to the kitchen. He took water from the fridge and drank it directly from the bottle.

Hell! His head is seriously like got hit from many big hammers from all direction. Not a surprise, cause last night he had been drunk with his friends at a bar. He didn’t even know who brought him back to his apartment last night because the last thing he remembered he was still at the bar, toasted with Baro for another round.

Nobody bother about that though, even he have to go to school about.. well, actually now, cause the clock showed it was already seven thirty in the morning. Why? Because he had no parents left. Well, he was an orphan, but you know, with a lot of heritage, don’t worry. The only one family he had left was his 71 years old grandfather but he lived in England. Wow, what a perfect life!

He put back the bottle of water to the fridge before put a slice of bread in a toaster and heated some water, and then went to the bathroom to take a bath and get ready for school.

He went back to the kitchen in his uniform with new newspaper on his hand some minutes later, made a cup of coffee with the hot water and sit on one of the chair around the dining table.

“Tons of fireflies fly in Gangnam sky lately,” he read one of the news and laughed in a mocking tone.

“What’s so special about that? It’s summer,” he said, took the toast from the toaster and spread some jam on it, and made a ‘crisp’ sound by the meeting of his mouth and the toast. Finished with his simple breakfast, he went out of his apartment with a green helmet and a key on his hand, took his big yellow motorcycle on the basement and drove it – in unmannered drive one – to school.

Call him freak or whatever, but he preferred to ride a motorcycle than a car. Well, he didn’t have any special reason, he just felt good when he could drive against the wind, feeling the gusts all over his body. That’s also why he drove his motorcycle with not a normal speed, produced cursing all along the way. But hey, who cares? He enjoyed it, that’s the point.

He rode his motorcycle along the road, made some zig zag line here and there. There were curse all along it also, but he didn’t bother by it, still riding his motorcycle in a really fast speed. And that was when his mind became a bit blur, and some pictures suddenly displayed in it. Pictures of his dreams nowadays.

It was like he ever did it before. Often. But.. it was different. He was not on a road, but like.. flying in the air!

Ckiiiiiiiiiittttt!!

Gongchan put down his leg to hold him and his motorcycle with all of his power. It was a bit late though, beside it was too much for his tiny slim body. Fortunately he and his motorcycle landed on the grass so there was no big injured he got except for some bruises on his arms.

“What the hell is that cat..!” he yelled after took off his helmet, turned around angrily to where he got shocked by a cat which suddenly passed in front of him before. But there was nothing.

“Where is that cat?” he murmured confusedly before some people came to help him out.

___

 

“Another late, Chan Sik haksaeng!” A firm voice greeted him when he entered his classroom.

Mrs. Kim turned around her body to look at him and gave him a death glare even there was no frown on her face. Not even wrinkles, it was just flat and calm. But with that expression on her face, no one wouldn't even dare to look back at her. Even so, Gongchan just replied it with a bored sigh, not influenced at all with it.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Kim. I’ll not be late tomorrow.”

“You said it two days ago and yeah, you didn’t late yesterday.” A chuckled could be heard in that second, produced by Sandeul. Well, others students amused by that also but only dare to smile but as a big laughter one, Sandeul just couldn’t contain his. Though, it’s just happen in seconds before immediately disappeared when Mrs. Kim gave her glare to him. After saw Sandeul understood enough about the situation right then, she glanced back to Gongchan. “But it doesn’t enough, Chan Sik haksaeng. Don’t just tomorrow, I want it the day after tomorrow, the day after it, and after it, and after it again till you graduated from this school.”

“But nobody is perfect, Mrs. Kim. Everybody’s ever late, right? Even you were late yesterday.”

At that second Jinyoung succeed closed Sandeul’s mouth from released another chuckle for seeing a blush appeared on Mrs. Kim cheeks. She immediately cleared for remove the embarrassment.

“Well, at least don’t purposely make yourself late, Chan Sik haksaeng,” she said again with a firm voice.

“What? I’m not purposely making myself late, Mrs. Kim. How can you as a teacher suspect your student like that? You make my pride hurt, you know?” Gongchan’s tone was actually convince, yeah, but not with the posture and expression on his face. To that point, Mrs. Kim almost rolled her eyes if she didn’t forget she was a teacher, and that’s not a good attitude to do especially in front of her students.

“Then why today you’re late again after yesterday you’re not late? Isn’t it because you said two days ago you’ll not late yesterday, so you can be late today? If that the case, then you purposely make yourself late.”

“I’m sorry for break your perfect assumption but it’s a coincidence, Mrs. Kim. I’m surely sure about that.” He lifted his right arm and showed her his new red bruises on it. “Look! I just got this from an accident on my way here.”

Mrs. Kim gasped when she looked at that. And Gongchan smirked with satisfied for that. Well, actually the bruises were not a big deal for him. But to make Mrs. Kim stopped her argument with just showing it, it gave him a big deal, but of course in a good way. 

“Are you OK?” she asked worriedly.

“Actually.. not really. I just want to ask your permission to pass your subject to go to the infirmary.”

Mrs. Kim frowned, observed him, considering to whether he just told her honestly or not. She didn’t really believe him, actually, knowing how naughty and sly Gongchan was. But at the end, she sighed and gave up.

“Okay, then. But meet me after school to accept your punishment.”

“What? But I’m late because I got an accident. You actually must be grateful I still tried my best to come to school after the accident.”

Mrs. Kim snorted, couldn't hold it. “Yeah, thank you then. But the punishment is for your lateness for the day before yesterday’s late, Chan Sik haksaeng. Actually for the other lateness before it and before it again that you avoid to accept since last week,” Mrs. Kim replied. “You were lucky I didn’t call your grandfather directly.”

Gongchan groaned with annoyed. “Wow! Thank you for that, Mrs. Kim. I don’t know you are that kind,” he replied sarcastically.

“Well, you’re welcome.” She smiled with satisfied. “You can go to the infirmary now. Remember for meet me today or I’ll call your grandfather surely this time.”

Gongchan gave her a look before brought his feet out of the classroom.

Well, whatever with the punishment he got later! This was time to get another good sleep.