D is for Dance; SeSoo

The Alphabet of Do Kyungsoo

Kyungsoo can't dance, that is a widely known fact. So it'd be an understatement to say that Kyungsoo was absolutely mortified and confused during lunch earlier that day when his Manager piped cheerily in between hearty sips of his soup, "oh, by the way, Kyungsoo-ssi, you'll be taking part in Dancing with the Stars next week. Fighting!"

Exo is all sniggers and Kyungsoo shoots his Manager an incredulous look, "what?!"

 

**

And so, Kyungsoo finds himself in the dance studio for the eighth time that day. He grumbles as his fingers types in "dance tutorial" into the youtube search bar on his iPad. It's 11:30 pm for crying out loud, and the rest of the members are already home doing God knows what, and then you have him, Do Kyungsoo, alone in an empty dance studio, trying to imitate (and failing) the two jazz dancers in the video because he has to compress at least 5 different types of dance genres into his brain before next Saturday because of a certain genius he has of a manger who so decided to sign him up for some god-forsaken dance show. A dance show. A friggin dance show.

After a few more failed spins and turns, Kyungsoo slumps to the floor, completely defeated and this close to tears.

 

**

Sehun is a saint, Kyungsoo thinks.

Kyungsoo is embarrassed of his breakdown in the toilet at 2:18am in the morning. But then, there was a soft knock on a door and all it took was a “free bubble tea” coupon and a kind voice saying “don’t worry, hyung, I’ll teach you,” for Kyungsoo’s once bleak world to turn bright again.

And so, it’s 11:30 pm again but this time round, Kyungso isn’t exasperatedly looking up for Dancing for Dummies 101 tutorials online. Instead, Sehun is guiding him through each dance.

“So this is jazz,”

“and this is salsa,”

“and this is popping,”

Kyungsoo is amazed at Sehun’s agility and he tries to imitate the younger. Kyungsoo’s version comes out half-assed and nowhere as elegant as Sehun, but it’s good enough for him.
 

“Thanks, Sehunnie,” Kyungsoo smiles gratefully, ruffling the younger’s hair, “I cannot understand why they chose me to be on the show instead of you.”

Sehun smiles back at him, shrugging his shoulders, “maybe they actually wanted you to go there and mess up, you know, variety entertainment.”

Kyungsoo pouts at that suddenly very likely scenario, “that’s mean of them.” Sehun laughs as the elder crosses his arms, voice full of determination ,”well now that you’ve taught me well, I’m going to show them what Do Kyungsoo can do and teach them never to look down on my dancing skills.”

“Well, if you really want to blow them away,” Sehun begins and his eyes are twinkling too much that Kyungsoo feels a little uncomfortable, “there’s this dance that you have to learn”

Kyungsoo is only too eager to agree. He’s going to show everyone that he’s the real dancing machine. So, Kyungsoo doesn’t hesitate when Sehun interlocks his fingers with his and brings him closer. Sehun’s breath ghosts around his earlobe but Kyungsoo thinks that maybe this is just how the dance goes and lets Sehun rest his head on his shoulder, both of them swaying slightly to the beat of the music playing faintly on the stereo. But it’s only when Sehun’s deft hands wrap around his waist and Kyungsoo feels his lips colliding with another warm pair, that alarm bells start ringing in his head.

Flushing cheeks and confused hands, Kyungsoo pushes the younger away from him, “what dance was that?!”

Sehun smiles a little smile that’s way too cryptic for Kyungsoo to interpret.

“It’s called dancing into your heart, hyung.”

 

 

____

All my drabbles aren't even drabbles anymore OTL

Sesoo for nya049 since she commented that she wanted it~~ 

Leave some comments thank you <3

 

--> WHAT SHOULD THE NEXT PAIRING BE??