Little Einstein's Americano

STOLEN HEARTBEATS

 

 

[Music Studio]

 

IU was scribbling something on the paper. And all of a sudden, she stopped. She brought back the scene that she saw last night. She looked a bit upset.

‘I bring oppa lunchbox everyday but he buys her dinner every night … perhaps my food isn’t that delicious?’pondered IU for a while. She walked by Yun-ho’s classroom just now and she saw the same thing. He passed the lunchbox she gave him to Chang-min. She felt very sad but yet she wanted to do something else for him. ‘Oppa likes Jjajangmyun but it’s so bad that I do not know how to prepare it. Hmm …’ IU sighed and she bit her lower lip. She wanted to make it so badly and impressed him at least for once. She grabbed her smart phone and searched the recipe for Jjajangmyun. Once she got it, she started jotting down the ingredients and procedures. “Hmm … it seems hard to prepare it,” she told herself. “Well, who knows I might have a hidden talent. IU, hwaiting!” she cheered with a smile.

“Zha Jiang Mian?” Yong-hwa saw the paper on which she jotted down the recipe.

“Ne?” IU was surprised to see him there. She looked at him and said, “It’s Jjajangmyun.”

“We do have it in China. We call it Zha Jiang Mian. It’s a black bean noodle dish. It’s delicious and satisfying but inexpensive to buy or make. This is my favorite dish. So, you also have this kind of dish here?” asked Yong-hwa after his brief explanation of the dish.

“We do have it here. Is it difficult to make?” she enquired him.

“No, it’s simple,” he said as he took the paper from her and studied it.

“You seem know how to prepare it. Do you?” another question flew from her thin and pinkish lips.

“It’s one of my mother’s favorite home-made dishes. Why?” he gave her the paper and made himself comfortable on the armchair as he reached his guitar.

“Perhaps, you can teach me?” she made a request. “In return, I’ll take you on a short tour around Seoul. Since you are new here, it’s a great time to have a look around,” suggested IU.

Yong-hwa looked at her and smiled. “Not bad,” he answered.

 

*   *   *   *   *

 

[Class 6A]

 

“Listen up everyone!” the class monitor, Lee Gwang-soo, was standing right in front of the class. But nobody paid attention to this 190 cm pillar. He almost went crazy by the zero respond that he received from his fellow classmates. “Yah!!! Do you really want to see me angry?!” he said with a tensed voice.

Everyone turned their head to him. His funny-serious expression caught someone’s attention. “Whether you are calm or angry, it doesn’t make any sense Giraffe. It’s the same. Are you kidding me with that comical expression of yours? Is that what you call ‘angry’?” said Si-won somewhat teasingly. “Bingo!” he murmured when he saw Gwang-soo boiled up to his maximum level.

In no time, the class rang with laughter. Whether he’s angry or happy, Gwang-soo’s appearance had always been funny to the rest.

“Do you want to die early?!!!” said Gwang-soo angrily.

“I want to see you die first,” said the mean Si-won. He had an evil stare now.

“Ye-ye-ye…hyungnim,” said Gwang-soo, stammering. His legs wobbled in fear when he saw Si-won was staring at him sharply.

“I really don’t understand why Ms. Lee chose you to be the class representative and not me,” said Si-won. Dead silence from Gwang-soo. “But I’m not that interested with the position so it’s okay for a weirdo like you to take over what’s supposed to be mine,” added Si-won. Gwang-soo was completely at sea, not knowing how to answer him. Fear obviously flickered on his pallor.

“What were you trying to tell us just now, Gwang-soo?” Huiren spoke up.

“It’s okay, Gwang-soo. Speak up. We’re listening, aren’t we?” Ji-yeon asked Huiren for corroboration. Si-won was staring at her as if he was going to take a bite of her. But Ji-yeon pretended that she didn’t see it. And with unknown source of courage, that pillar finally opened his mouth. Perhaps, Ji-yeon’s support had ignited him to say something.

“It’s Ms. Lee’s birthday next week. Don’t you think that we need to prepare something? She’s our homeroom teacher anyway. I was thinking to ask you for your opinions.” Gwang-soo informed his intention of standing there right in front of them.

“Her boyfriend must have prepared something for the day. So, why should we bother?” complained Si-won.

“That’s true. They must go out to have a candle light dinner at expensive restaurant, with the sound of violin as the background music … and a bottle of red wine … and the smell of red roses … and a birthday present from him and then a kiss…” said Ha Dong-hoon. He started to imagine things that he thought would happen on Ms. Min Jung’s birthday.

“So, we should stay away from this, shouldn’t we?” Si-won said to the rest. He was trying to assure them to not bother the birthday surprise issue.

“Look who’s talking…” said Ji-yeon meanly. She threw a sly look at him.

“Wae?” Si-won asked her.

She ignored him. “Hmm …how about we prepare something that suits her personality?” suggested Ji-yeon. They looked puzzled, not comprehend. “What I mean is … something related to her favorite food and drink. I don’t know, it’s just a suggestion by the way,” she spoke up her idea gallantly.

“Yes, that sounds nice and simple. I think Ms. Lee likes coffee. She likes to eat Jjajangmyun. Red roses would be her favourite flower or so I heard. Perhaps we can assign tasks to everyone to make the work run smoothly,” said Huiren.

“Gwang-soo, can I have the name list in our class please?” asked Ji-yeon and so he handed her the list. Ji-yeon studied carefully the list.

“Exclude me,” Si-won told her. “I don’t want to be involved with this kind of stuff. Childish,” he uttered, acting like he didn’t care with the whole idea.

Ji-yeon made no sound. She heard it, but she was not in a good mood to have an idle debate with him. After studying the list, she finally said, “How about we decide those who will be going to do the decorations, and then the cake, the singing part and the presents? And let’s have Gwang-soo to handle the speech part. It sounds heavy,right? But it sure will leave something memorable,” Ji-yeon supplied another idea. There was still no respond from them. “Is that okay?” she asked again to get a response.

“Whoa, Ji-yeon-ssi, you are really good in this. You sound like a wedding planner. When is your birthday Ji-yeon-ssi?” asked Ha Dong-hoon and again he started to think weird thing.

“Yes, when is your birthday? It’s good if we know then we can throw something on your ‘beautiful’ face to celebrate your lucky day,” said Si-won, again trying to irritate her.

“And I think you can handle the singing part, can’t you, HaHa-ssi?” suggested Ji-yeon to Ha Dong-hoon. She just wanted to ignore Si-won completely.“Oh, to make it more special, you can add in some dancing which mean you will need some dancers or you can settle it in a way that you think suitable,” added Ji-yeon.

“You are really something Ji-yeon-ssi … how can you easily gave me that task? Did you make a secret study about my singing ability? Or are you by any chance interested in me?” asked Ha Dong-hoon with his flirty eyes glued at her in disbelief.

Ji-yeon looked at him and said, “It’s just because … I trust in oppa,” Ji-yeon said it in a modest manner so as to avoid misunderstanding.

But for Ha Dong-hoon, it was everything in the world he wanted to hear from a beautiful girl like Ji-yeon. He blinked his eyes vigorously at the moment he heard it. He could almost see the Cupid arrow shot directly on his chest; screwing deep in there and craved her name.

“Oppa, do you think you can do it?” asked Ji-yeon to Dong-hoon again.

“Oppa?!!! Ji-yeon,saranghae! saranghae!” shouted Dong-hoon all of a sudden.

‘Ah … I shouldn’t have called him oppa. I forgot how flirty he is,’ thought Ji-yeon.

Gwang-soo gave Dong-hoon a sharp stare. Si-won at the same time was thunderstruck! He couldn’t believe his ears with what he had heard. His jaws dropped and then snapped shut when he had no words to deliver. In shortest word, he was ‘speechless’.This Fish Ball called that Casanova guy ‘oppa’?!

“Hyungnim…I am sorry, I couldn’t help myself from agreeing to Ji-yeon’s suggestion,” confessed Dong-hoon to Si-won who seemed unsettled on his seat.

 

*   *   *   *   *

 

[Seoul Grand Park – Lauren’s School Trip] 1

 

Seoul Grand Park was a large family fun center in suburban Seoul. The setting was astride a mountain and the pathways were also gorgeous. This park consisted of three different areas — Education, Natural Culture, and an Amusement Park. It was well known as an excellent worldwide reputation for its natural scenic beauty and diverse amusements. The bus parked by the East gate and had zero competition to enter the park. The trip would go solely for the amusement park.

Ji-yeon was holding Lauren’s hand. This time she held it tighter as if she would never let it go. She was astounded to see the large amusement park right in front of her eyes.

“Attention to all parents or caretakers. As you know this is an amusement park and I hope you will take good care of your child. Please be alert!” announced the in-charge teacher. “We will move to the other sections after lunch,” she added.

The first ride they encountered was the double loop roller coaster as it screamed overhead.

“Unni, can we have a ride on it?” asked Lauren daringly.

Ji-yeon gulped. She could imagine herself being up there, screaming, or perhaps fainted. How could Lauren even think of riding on that thing? “This is not suitable for you Lauren. It’s a ride for older children say nine years old or above. So, you can’t ride on it,” explained Ji-yeon.

Lauren was not listening to Ji-yeon at all. Her attention was distracted by someone who’s walking towards them.

“Lauren …” Leo’s cute voice greeted Lauren, his friend.

“Leo, annyeong!” Lauren greeted the little flower boy who was standing beside her now.

“Mwohae?” asked Leo.

“I’m thinking of riding on that thing,” informed Lauren to Leo, her index finger pointing towards the double loop roller coaster.

“Mwo?” Ji-yeon was surprised the second time. “I said you can’t ride on it, right?”

Lauren pouted. “But I would like to have a try …” she pleaded.

“Andwae …” Ji-yeon refused her pleading.

“Why not?” Lauren inquired Ji-yeon.

“You’re going to lose your soul there!” bluffed Ji-yeon. She realized it was not a good kind of excuse and quickly thought of something to cover it up. “It very fast, see, how they are screaming out loud? It’s scary.”

“It looks like fun to me,” said Lauren.

“It has two back-to-back loops. A nine-year-old should not ride it. It’s dangerous,” complained Ji-yeon.

“Then how about noona rides on it?” a sudden suggestion came out from that little boy. “If it is dangerous to a nine-year-old kid, then it should be fine for noona to ride on it because noona is much older than us, right?” an unexpected explanation uttered from Leo.

Ji-yeon was shocked when she heard it. ‘Cute and a little smart too, I see. Ah … you’re so cute little boy but why don’t you act like one? Why act so smart at this very moment?’ thought Ji-yeon, worriedly. She could feel that the longer this kid lingered around with her and Lauren bad luck would strike anytime. “Are you alone?” Ji-yeon asked.

“Yes. He is alone. It’s a good thing that he gets along well with you miss,” the in-charge teacher spoke from behind. Ji-yeon looked at the two kids.

“Lauren, let’s have fun,” Leo said to Lauren as he slipped his hand on Lauren’s hand. Those kids were laughing happily.

Ji-yeon was shocked. “You cannot do like that Leo,” said Ji-yeon as she parried Leo’s hand away from Lauren’s slowly.

“His caretaker should be here assisting him. But it seems that he couldn’t make it either. Is that okay if he goes around with you?” the teacher asked again.

“Unni, the more the merrier,” Lauren said to Ji-yeon.

‘Oh my, this troublesome kid shouldn’t be with us!’ thought Ji-yeon. She felt burdened and uneasy with the appearance of a boasting little flower boy. It reminded her of someone who had that similar trait.

“Unni …” called out Lauren pathetically.

Ji-yeon let out a light sigh. “Ye…” she finally made up her decision.

Basically, the park was divided into five sections. There was a section that had a variety of rides. It was Fantasy Land.

“Whoa, it’s Fantasy Land!” Leo shouted gaily.

“Yah, have you been here before? You seemed to know everything in here,” asked Ji-yeon to that little boy.

“Of course,” said Leo shortly.

“Unni, can I have a ride on that?” Lauren asked as her forefinger pointed at The Flying Elephant.

“Sure,” agreed Ji-yeon.

“I also want a ride on that!” said Leo brightly.

“Ah … how … you don’t have a partner. Lauren is going with me,” Ji-yeon said to him.

“Noona, you can leave us two up there,” said Leo with relaxed expression on his face.

Ji-yeon couldn’t believe her ears. This kid was really into something.

“The Flying Elephant, Rudolph 2 loop roller coaster and the traditional carousel in this section are for the young riders like us. For the older riders, there are World Cup, bumper cars and the Super Swing over there,” informed Leo as he pointed at the older riders section. “It surely makes you thrilled noona,” he added.

Ji-yeon’s mouth fell open but no words were uttered. She surely felt annoyed by how this kid talked to her. ‘Who are you kid? Are you a tour guide here? A very know-it-all type huh?’ thought Ji-yeon.

“Unni, hurry up. People are waiting behind us,” Lauren told her. People were lining up to take turn on that ride. Ji-yeon had no choice but to obey Leo’s request. The two kids were having fun on The Flying Elephant ride as they waved vigorously to Ji-yeon who was standing, watching them up there.

Next, they made their way in Adventure Land. The Flume ride gave them a refreshing splash of cool water.

“Let’s ride on it!” shrieked Leo.

Ji-yeon could see his eyeballs were full with excitement. They did ride on it.

“Again! Again!” Leo shouted wanting some more.

“Andwae!” declined Ji-yeon immediately as she heard the request. She was feeling tired though it was not even evening.

“Okay, but can we ride on that?” said Leo, pointing at something. It was The King Viking ship. “Let’s go there!” he clung on Ji-yeon’s left hand and pulled forward.

Ji-yeon rolled her eyes to that ship. It was also called as Pirata. It was a huge hit and Ji-yeon could hear the screams, which proved it up there.

“Yah, Little Einstein, it’s dangerous. Can’t you hear that screams up there?” said Ji-yeon, hoping that it would make him scared.

“It’s the scream of thrilled riders. If it is dangerous, they wouldn’t go up there, right?” he corrected her on the spot.

Ji-yeon could feel the heat was steaming on both her ears. ‘Oh my God! This is nightmare!’ her heart whispered. “Andwae!” Ji-yeon gave him a denial reply.

“Lauren, your unni is not jjang…” said Leo to Lauren who seemed a bit immersed with her surroundings.

‘Who cares?’ thought Ji-yeon.

The third section was World Plaza. Generally, it was the main gate and it had a large Kids Land section. However, primarily it was for shopping. They dropped by at Kids Land. The both kids were fully engrossed there while Ji-yeon was totally zero strength to stick with them. She rested herself on a bench as she watched them.

“Gwaenchanayo?” the teacher asked Ji-yeon.

“Ye…I’m just a bit tired. I’ll be fine after a short rest,” said Ji-yeon as she smiled somewhat enigmatically.

 

*   *   *   *   *

 

[Gold Fish Aquarium]

 

“Why are you still here?” Mr. Choi asked Si-won who made himself comfortable on the couch. He was watching television.

“Dad, even if you cry, I won’t go,” he said as he turned the channel.

“How can you be like this? You know that he has nobody here in Seoul. Is that really hard to hang out with a five-year-old kid?” asked Mr. Choi soberly. Basically, Mr. Choi was the one who was supposed to accompany Leo to the school trip. But he remembered something; a thing that this nursling of his had never experienced during his childhood. He never knew how it felt being in a school trip. He had never left the house even though it was holiday ever since the tragic incident happened 15 years ago. However, he wanted this nursling to be normal like other people who hang out with their friends, socialize and have fun.

“He’s just a kid…If you really don’t want to hang out with him then, at least help me to send his lunchbox to him. He forgot to bring it along this morning. It’s almost lunch time now, he must be hungry,” said Mr. Choi as he made his way to upstairs. He gave a peek, but still Si-won did not move even an inch from that couch.

“He can just buy food there. If he don’t have money, his teacher can provide for him,” said Si-won, realizing his father was peeking at him. Mr. Choi could only shook his head in disbelief.

 

*   *   *   *   *

 

[Seoul Grand Park – Lauren’s School Trip] 2

 

The second section was Samchulli Land houses the amphitheater and an exhibition hall. The trip stopped at a large picnic area for lunch. Unfortunately, the Korean Bazaar wasn’t opened. Ji-yeon could have bought some traditional dishes there. Ji-yeon opened Lauren’s lunchbox. Leo’s eyeballs glued on Lauren’s Kimbap.

Lauren started to pop in one Kimbap into . “Unni, jjang…it’s delicious!” commented Lauren.

Ji-yeon noticed that the Little Einstein was looking at Lauren, drooling. “You don’t eat?”Ji-yeon enquired him.

“I don’t have that,” he said as his lips squinted at Lauren’s Kimbap.

“You can have mine,” Lauren said to him as she offered him a Kimbap. He gobbled the Kimbap ravenously.

“Whoa, it’s good,” he complimented.

“My unni is jjang, right?” she asked him. Silence from Leo.He was excited with that dish as if it was the first time he had ever try it in his entire life.

“Noona, I want Americano,” demanded Leo to Ji-yeon.

“Mwo? Americano?” she was shocked. A little boy was asking her for Americano; a something that was alien to her. “What is that? Americano?” she asked him again.

“Yes, it is a style of coffee prepared by adding hot water to espresso, giving a similar strength to but different flavor from regular drip coffee. The strength of an Americano varies with the number of shots of espresso added,” a familiar voice spoke on behalf of Leo from behind them.

Ji-yeon had a bad feeling. She steered her head behind. There he was, the guy who owned the voice who without been asked explained to Ji-yeon about Americano. He was standing right behind her with a lunchbox in his right hand. She was sighing inwardly. She became restless but didn’t show it. She was totally frozen at the sight of him. Her lips moved but uttered no sound.

“Omo, look who do we have here. It’s Fish Ball…annyeong?” he greeted her with a sly look. “This world sure is small. What are you doing here, Fish Ball?” asked Si-won, never fail to annoy Ji-yeon with his spiteful tone.

“I’ve warned you not to call me Fish Ball, you amnesiac,” said Ji-yeon, a little angry.

“Amnesiac?!” uttered Si-won in disbelief.

“And you Mr. Choi Si-won, what are you doing here?” asked Ji-yeon sarcastically.

“None of your business,” he said to her somewhat cryptically.

“Hyung, why are you so late?” asked Leo.

Ji-yeon’s eyes widened as she heard Leo called Si-won hyung. ‘Hyung?! No wonder they act alike!’ thought Ji-yeon.

“Si-won hyung, is that my lunchbox in your hand?” Leo spoke up as he approached towards him.

Leo’s sudden question cracked Ji-yeon into laughter. She tried her best not to laugh but she couldn’t.

“Yah! Are you laughing at me?” snapped Si-won.

“Hahaha!” laughed Ji-yeon out loud. This time she didn’t even try to hide it. “Ah … thank God I could finally have a good laugh! Haa …” said Ji-yeon, slowly stopping herself from laughing. “Someone is late for a school trip I see …” teased Ji-yeon.

“Aren’t you going to sit Si-won hyung?” Leo pulled Si-won’s hand to signal him to take a seat beside him. So he sat beside him and he opened the lunchbox to Leo and not forgotten the Americano that Leo wanted. It was a must drink to that French-Korean kid.

Ji-yeon glanced at the two with a disbelief look on her face. ‘Yah … a little boy drinking Americano? What’s that again? Coffee? I couldn’t understand anything from his explanation just now. Is it even allowed for a young kid like him to drink that?” she wondered as she shook her head watching Leo drank his favourite drink.

Lauren reached her hand out to get Leo’s Americano. She was thinking to have a sip of it.

“Yahhh!!!!! It’s mine, it’s mine!!!” shouted Leo as he snapped Lauren’s hand earnestly.

Lauren made no sound but insisted to have a taste of it.

“It’s mine!!!Yahh!!!!!” Leo shouted even louder and pushed Lauren hardly that she fell on the ground. Miraculously, she didn’t cry.

“Yah! You little so-called Einstein! Why on earth did you push her away?!”Ji-yeon thundered at the little boy as she hurriedly took Lauren in her embrace. “Gwaenchana?”

“Yah, Fish Ball, did you just shout to Leo?!”snapped Si-won.

“That’s right! Wae?!” she replied. “Haisshhhhh…” she hissed, a bit uneasy with the situation.

Lauren was silent with her eyes glued at Leo. Ji-yeon inspected her body and found a tiny bruise on Lauren’s left arm. Overwhelmed with anger, she grabbed Leo’s Americano from his hand, opened the lid and said,“This Americano won’t be yours unless you apologize to her!” remarked Ji-yeon sternly. “How could you do that to her after she share with you her food?!”

“Yah! How could you shout at a little kid like that?!” shouted Si-won to Ji-yeon.

“He must have taken after your bad behaviour! He should be taught a lesson!” exclaimed Ji-yeon.

In a split second, Leo burst into tears. Quickly, Si-won pulled him into his arms. “Yah, Fish Ball! Don’t you think you are over the top? He’s still a kid. Give it back to him,” ordered Si-won.

But it didn’t work to Ji-yeon. She meant what she said. “Not until he apologizes to her,” she said firmly.

He had no choice but to console the little kid who was crying in his arms. “Leo, do you still want that Americano?” asked Si-won to Leo, showing a gentle side of his character.

Leo nodded his head. He was still in tears.

“Let’s just give the drink to that little girl and I’ll buy you a new one,” said Si-won trying to get an easy way out.

Leo shook his head and said, “I want that …”

Si-won mute. He didn’t know what to say anymore. He had never had this kind of situation ever since he was born in this earth. Sulking, it’s zero in his life.

“You can have your Americano if you apologize to Lauren. You say ‘sorry’ to Lauren and then this will be yours again,” said Ji-yeon.

Leo ceased crying. He looked at Lauren with his wet eyes. He dabbed his eyes twice. Lauren’s facial expression showed as if she was the one who should felt guilty. Maybe she felt bad for Leo being scolded by Ji-yeon.

Leo moved an inch as if he wanted to go to her. But he seemed stuck there.

“Say ‘Lauren, mianhae’ and you’ll get your Americano,” said Ji-yeon, commanding Leo to follow her words.

Leo was very reluctant to do so, maybe because he was shy. “Si-won hyung…” mumbled Leo as he pulled Si-won’s hand. Si-won noticed that Leo wanted him to accompany him to go to Lauren. Lauren was still there, standing and waiting for him in silence and sympathetically to Leo. Si-won dragged himself to go to the direction which was Leo steering him to.

“Say you’re sorry Leo,” ordered Ji-yeon.

Leo gave Ji-yeon a glance and then moved closer to Lauren. Si-won’s eyes were staring at Lauren. She was standing right in front of him; she didn’t even shed a tear even after Leo had pushed her off the bench and had herself stumbled on the ground.

“Lauren, mianhae …” said Leo, finally declaring his sorry. He held her hand and jumped, with excitement flickered on his face saying “Lauren, Lauren, Lauren” in his cherry tone.

In return, a sweet smile curved up on Lauren’s lips. Si-won lifted a surprised inquiring look at Ji-yeon as she handed him Leo’s Americano.

Leo took it from him and smiled at Lauren. “Lauren, have a taste…” he offered Lauren his Americano. It did not take ages for those kids to make up.

“Sharing is caring…” said Ji-yeon as she looked at Si-won and shrugged.

He was still in shocked of what had happened. He couldn’t believe this woman made it smoothly between the two kids.

“Haunted House!” Leo’s voice sent him a slight jerk. “Can we go inside?” he inquired him.

“No, cannot. I’m leaving now,” Si-won said and took the lunchbox. Leo’s face drew obvious disappointment.

“Someone is being a coward here I see …” teased Ji-yeon.

Si-won gave her a glare. He was about to leave when he heard this announcement,“Okay, attention to parents and caretakers. Now, we will be moving on to the next place, which is the last section. As I said earlier, please take good care of your children. Don’t leave your children wander around alone. It’s a bit crowded here, so please be alert!”

“Excuse me, you must be Leo’s caretaker, right?” the teacher greeted Si-won who was about to leave.

Si-won looked at that teacher.

“It must be hard for this miss to take care two kids at the same time since it’s a bit crowded here today,” said the teacher as she squinted at Ji-yeon.

‘It would be good if he will be around with that Little Einstein,’ wishedJi-yeon. ‘But it will still be bad luck to me because this guy is around,’ thought Ji-yeon.

“So it’s a good thing because Leo would have his own guardian,” added the in-charge teacher.

Zero interest displayed on Si-won’sface. By hook or by crook, you still had to do it Si-won.

They made their way to the last section. It contained the Sky-X Adventure. It wasn’t for the faint of heart, but it was a tethered bungee jump.

“Whoa,”Ji-yeon was amazed when she saw two different groups took the 75-foot plunge. “That’s really high,” remarked Ji-yeon. They didn’t partake instead they just watched it because they couldn’t muster the courage to take the plunge! Leo was also quiet.

The school trip ended wonderfully. Lauren’s head rest on Ji-yeon’s arm. She fell asleep in the bus on their way back home. It had been a tiring day. In no time, Ji-yeon’s eyes were also shut determinedly. She was very exhausted.

 

*   *   *   *   *

TO BE CONTINUED