Tears of an Angel

Treat Me Like A Princess

It got to me when I realized things never happen the way you want to. I remember being the spoiled little girl in the neighborhood. Getting everything she wants from her butler. Nope, my parents weren't there even when I was little. My big brother mad a huge impact on them.

Yup, I have a big brother.

He's the successful one in the family. He walked out on my parents when he found out I was getting verbally abused. Let me tell you this, verbal abuse is worser than physical abuse. You'd understand if you'd gone through it. Anyways, my brother overheard them screaming at me this one time. They thought my brother was already gone, leaving to go to high school. Well, think again. He was waiting on me. He takes me to school every day. My parents never knew, of course. They never asked. The day he walked out, he already got a scholarship in America. I remember what Oppa said to me the day he left. "I'll come back for you. Just wait," his voice rang in my head. 

To this day, I'm still waiting. 

Waiting isn't my thing. Unless you're my brother, then yes, I'll wait. My brother is a man to his words. I don't care what you say, he's the only one I believe in. And Riley. After waking up from that little faint, or nap, I just wanted to learn. Learn more about these feelings. They won't go away. They come back when I see Kai or hear Kai or see his name. The only time I felt this was when I was with him. My brother and that guy. My heart shattered remembering those times..

 

"Hyesung-ah!" Oppa called. He was holding hands with him. The guy I liked. For now, let's call him Chi. Anyways, I just couldn't say, "Sarang." I didn't want to. It was way too soon. "Hyesung-ah, I got these for you," Chi said. Chi was just dashing to me. He had hair that he spiked every day. His deep brown eyes spoke so many but I couldn't understand it. The way he said things and did things always caught my attention. No matter what I'm doing, I'd always looks at him.

He resembles Kai, except without the spiked hair and the gold digging attitude. Well, I don't know yet.

 

I looked outside my window and glanced at my clock. I was passed out for quite a while. Maxwell's words gradually got louder in my head, "Happily Never After." How long has it been since I last heard those words? 4 years? 6 years? I don't know, but it's been a while. I sat up and dragged myself downstairs. "She's going to be fine, Madam," I heard Maxwell say.

"I need to see her! NOW!" A voice yelled. That voice was so familiar. I just couldn't handle myself. 

"M-Mom?" I stuttered, walking down the stairs. I shifted my eyes from the floor to her. My mother's black inked hair was pushed back over her shoulder as she turned back. Her hazel eyes pierced into mine. The way she dressed today, was way to fancy to be seeing me. I stepped back as she neared towards me. "I heard you fainted?" She said, her voice shaking. I nodded. My whole body was shaking. From my bottom lip, to the tip of my toes. I felt warm arms wrap around me. My eyes watered. The feelings came back again.

"Umma?" I quivered. She hugged me tighter, "I'm so sorry I couldn't be here. I couldn't raise you. I'm sorry." Those words, these actions, everything. They're the things I wanted to happen in a long time. Nothing more. I stare past her shoulder. There he was. I stopped. Everything stopped. I pushed her off and walked away, my head low. "Speak of the devil," I mumbled under my breath. 

My brother stood right in the door way. His small little grin came over everybody. I rested my back against the wall next to him. "I was wondering way everything was too good to be true," I whispered at him. Oppa smirked and ruffled my hair. "Don't be too cruel, Hyesung-ah," he scoffed. I punched him in the shoulder and followed his lead. "Anyways, Mom, it's okay. As long as Oppa's here, my life is perfect," I forced a smile. He nudged his elbow into me. He and I laughed and stepped out. "Ryan, why'd you come back?" I pulled my hood over my head and we started walking. 

"I wanted to talk to you about someone I know," Ryan said.

I instantly thought about Kai. I shook my head, "Who?"

Ryan shrugged and threw his arm around me, "Baekhyun."

"The famous one?"

"Yeah, him. He's coming to Korea for about a year." I jerked his arm off my shoulders. 

"And?"

"He kind of needs a buddy, so I suggested you!" Ryan jumped up like a little 7 year old. I shoved him aside. I thought about a million fans at my door. "OPPA! OPPA! OPPA!" A million fans screaming that. Shivers webnt down my spine. "No," I said. As much as a push over I am, never will I be a celebrity's little push over buddy. Never. "It's not like you're gonna fall in love with him. You hate those stuff," he let out a sigh. 

I stayed silenced for a while. We walked towards a park. "Do I have a choice?" I asked out of the blue. I heard Ryan laugh and shake his head. "I already talked to mom--" He said. 

"Of course you did. Whatever. But no fans," I said sternly. I glared at him in the eyes. Ryan should know my history with Baekhyun. I love him but I hate him. Even before he was this "teen popstar" everyone talks about. Baekhyun is a slob. No doubt about it. We sat on the bench. I pulled my knees towards my face and hugged them, "Oh, look, it's Kai," Ryan said and smiled. I stared at Ryan stunned. I didn't think Ryan knew Kai. Kai was basically new in the city. "Kai!" Ryan called out. I covered my face and heard footsteps approach us. "Ryan, you're back? Man! It's been awhile!" Kai punched him in the shoulder.

"Right? Wanna catch up?" I heard my brother say. I took a peek. Kai looked over his shoulder and sighed, "Um, I guess. I'll just meet up with the guys tonight or something." I put my head down. "Oh, I'm being rude. Kai, meet my sister Hyesung," Ryan smiled. I looked up and waved. "Pleasure to see you again," I mumbled.

"NO WAY! You're Ryan's sister?! I knew there was something about you! You're the failure!" Kai laughed and tapped my knee. Those words poked me like thorns on a rose bush. I stood up and scoffed, "Yeah, I'm the failure. Compared to my beautifully successful brother! Yippee!" I walked past him, bumping shoulders. Kai. Kai. ing Kai. Kai. Kai! I ran. I ran as fast as I could. I ran away. Farther. Just a little further, I ran. As soon as I was out of breath, I was in the middle of nowhere. Somewhere in town where I didn't know. The other rich part of town I don't know. I sat on the side walk, waiting for a cab or bus. 

I sat there till sunset and still no luck with a taxi. "Um, excuse me, Miss, but do you need a ride home?" I heard someone say. I looked up and smiled, "Oh, uh, no it's okay. I'll just take the bus or something." The man sat next to me. I scanned him. His shades blocked his eyes. His eyes were something I wanted to see. His dirty but pretty brown hair was neatly in place. His clothes were like an average teenager my age. "I think I'll just wait here with you. I can't let a pretty girl stray here alone," he said under his breath. 

So we sat there waiting. Still no bus. "The bus must be taking a long time," I nervously said. I didn't know who this guy was but I feel so comfortable around him, but there was something about him. I wanted to know about him. I wanted to know why such a kind person would be willing to sit next to a person who was dressed in dirty clothes. Like she was thrown out after waking up from a nightmare. "I'll just take you home," he stood up and took my hand. As soon as I was about to refuse, there was a car. A black car. I got in, then he did. He never took off his shades. This gave me time to think. Think on my own. 

Why did Kai look so nervous back there? Why did he seem so comfortable to call me the failure? What is this feeling? What if I was just as successful as Ryan? Would I be looked up to, not down to? I shook my head as tears streamed down my face. "Who's the one who capture Kai's heart?" That's what ran into my mind. I looked up and there was my house. "Woah-- this is my house," I said, with red puffy eyes. The guy took off his shades and hugged me. "I missed you a bunch," his voice was lightened. I looked at him and cried even more. This slob knew it was me and still never let me see his eyes. "You idiot!" I hugged him tighter and tighter. I bet he couldn't even breathe. I help him take his luggages in. 

Honestly, Baekhyun is like my guardian angel sent from above. Riley was the one who crushed HARD on this guy. Ever since he got famous, she'd talk about meeting him and stuff, but it stopped one day. I don't know why. Ryan sat there talking with Kai, you know. "Guy stuff" was what they say. Baekhyun sat down heard what they were talking about and walked upstairs with me. "Why didn't you stay?" I asked as we walked into my room.

"You don't wanna know," Baekhyun laid on my bed. 

I took a seat on the floor, "Is it that bad?" 

"You really want to know?"

"Yeah!" I said. Baekhyun whispered in my ear and I shrieked. "Oh God, no."

"Yeah, no joke!" He said, playing with a basketball.

"Bases aren't supposed to be talked about in the living room," I laid on the ground.

"Tell them that."

"Maybe later. I just thought Kai was better then that."

"Kai isn't the guy you think he is, Hyesung-ah."

I looked up at him, "What do you mean?" Baekhyun plopped himself right next to me and gave a sorrowful smile. "He's the one who ruined you in the beginning." I stared at him. Tears welling in my eyes. My ears heard it but didn't want to believe it. The guy who stole my heart and broke it. That's why they came back. Everything he said. The was he was so comfortable. Everything. That's why everything was like this. Nobody told me.

Not even Riley. 

No one. I felt warm arms lay me back but they never left me. I looked above me and saw Baekhyun's face there. He was smiling like he was happy. Happy to be here. I smiled a bit. He was the one who made me feel better through the days. Even if I hated him. This was why I loved him. Every day, every minute, I'll always be me. The one he grew up with. Baekhyun won't leave as long as I'm here.

"Tears of an Angel shouldn't be used on the Devil," Baekhyun said, wiping my tears away.


[A/N]: This chapter wasn't as good, but expect it to improve?(: Haha. Sorry for the wait, btw. School. ;~;