Happily Never After.

Treat Me Like A Princess

"Don't take it offensively but," she said, "why can't you believe in love?" I looked at Riley in the eyes. The girl who's been my best friend since elementary. Being a foreign exchange student was difficult for her. I sighed and rested my cheek against my hand. "I just don't, simple as that," I mumbled. I was annoyed that Summer was almost over. We were hanging out in my room as for the first day of the last week of Summer. "I still don't get it," Riley said, blowing her hair away from her face. RIley was just perfect. I loved her, but of course, not homoually, just as a sister. I envied her shiny blonde hair. Her body was just the slimmest. Her curves to her personality. Just flawless. I took a bobby pin and pinned her long bangs away from her face. "Thanks," she said, turning red.

"Mhm." I replied.

"But stil," she said, "how can you not love or at least like?"

"It goes way back," I groaned.

"Let me guess, the money?" 

"Yeah. It's like you read my mind!" I said sarcastically.

"No really tell me," she was pissed now.

"Alright well, back then, there was this guy I liked. I never thought somebody would like me back. I think it was only in middle school. I never told you about him since you went back to America for a year and I completely forgot when you came back. Anyways, I really liked him. I put my heart in everything I did for him. It came to the point where we started dating. I started getting him things he wanted but, then I realized things about fairy tales. I compared myself to the princesses in them and well, I was treated like apparently. I got the courage and broke it off with him. He kept all the stuff and threw my love away." I sighed and looked at Riley. Her big, green eyes were wide open and teared up. It was the first time I saw her like that. Usually when she cries, she doesn't look like that. "I'm so sorry, Hyesung-ah!" she yelled, throwing her arms around me. 

I patted her back and we laid on my bed, talking about what to do tonight. We planned to go walk around downtown. It was only Sunday and there was a lot of things open that night. The sun setted and we took the bus downtown. Like average girl teenagers, we shopped for clothes. They were casual clothes we'd wear on the first day of school. "Riley? Is that you?" A voice behind us said. Riley and I looked behind us and saw a group of guys. RIley jumped up and hugged the guy. Those two talked and chatted as we walked together. I just walked quietly behind them. It was always like this, being left out when I was with Riley and guys. She sure knows a lot of guys. "Hey, you're Riley's best friend, right?" A guy said, walking next to me now.

I nodded. "Do you not talk or something?" he said, making hand gestures in front of my face. 

I laughed and said, "I talk, I just choose not to."

"Well, you have a really cute voice, miss," he said. I scanned his face and his body. He was toned and he had the average asian guy hair that swept across his right eye. He had big brown eyes and a warm smile that made my inside feel warm too. "Uh, thanks, I guess," I said, tucking my hair behind my ear and pulling my beanie over my ears.

"My name's Jongin, but they call me Kai," he beamed. I let his name ring in my head.

"Oh, I'm Hyesung," I replied. We shook hands.

"You wanna know something?"

"Sure."

"Well, my hyung over there and Riley used to date. That's why they're so happy to see each other."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's like a first love thing. They broke up after she came back from America in Middle School."

"Oh, so he was the guy!" I exclaimed. I remembered she mentioned that she was dating a guy before she went back. His name was Ren I believe. Kai smiled. I smiled back. I didn't know what it was, but he caught my attention. As it got later in the night, we had to bid our farewells. We all exchanged numbers and left. I stared at my phone and saw Kai's number pop on my screen. I slide across the screen seeing a message saying;

Kai 
1623-5456-37890

Hey, it was fun being with you tonight. We should hang out more. :)

I smiled at his text and replied, "Yeah we should." Riley was really antsy. I laughed at how she was so happy to see him and how it's been ages since she last seen him. She looks at me and says, "Turns out they're going to our school next week."

"Really?" I groaned. I didn't want anymore friends beside Riley.

"Yep! Ren is a Senior this year. Everybody else is a Junior like us," she mumbled.

"That's cool." I couldn't believe Kai was going to our school. It seemed like it was supposed to end up this way somehow. I just want to turn it down. Fate and Destiny is fake. Ever since I stepped onto this Earth never again will I believe in Fate or Destiny. Or else I'll end up in an endless pit of depression again.

About a week later when school started. Riley and I became so distant. She's been in the dumps and hasn't been talking to ANYBODY. I stared at her run into a tree and break down. Tears were strolling down her cheek. The moment I saw that, I ran to her. My uniform made me run slower than usual. "RIley," I whispered.

"I-I'm okay!" She yelled. I hugged her in my arms and let her cry. All eyes were on us. I took her into the bathroom and let her tell me everything. Turns out that Ren already had a girlfriend. The fact he flirted with her mad her so depressed. Like I said, you'll end up in an endless pit of depression if you believe in fate or destiny. Riley wiped her tears away and sighed, "Fate, you." I laughed and took her outside. I looked off to my right and saw Kai. As I was about to say Hi, he throws his arms over a girl and kisses her. I felt an ache in my chest. The urge to lunge my fists into the girl's ribcage came over me. I didn't like the feeling but I just walked away. 

 

Days later, Riley got really depressed. She didn't even want to get exposed to the sunlight unless she's going to school and back. So I hung out alone. A pair of hands covered my eyes. "Guess who?" the voice said. It was familiar. Not very deep but not very high. "Kai," I mumbled, puling his arm back. He took a seat next to as I sat  on a swing at the park. "What're you doing here?" Kai asked.

"I'm just enjoying today's weather, and you?" I said, trying hard not to remember the things I saw a few days ago.

"Just about the same."

"Nature's beautiful, isn't it?"

"I couldn't agree any more than right now."

"Yeah," I smiled. There it goes again. The ache in my chest. The pain just got even worse the more I was around him. "So, Hyesung, you got a boyfriend yet?" He asked. That hit me like an arrow.

"Nope, you got a girl?" I choked on the words as they came out. It was like I was going to cry.

"Yeah, she's just absolutely stunning."

The words just rang in my head. "Stunning," he said. Even hours after the conversation, the pain in my chest got worse. "Maxwell," I whispered as I fainted when I got home. 

"Happily Never After, Misstress," I heard him say. I smiled and nodded. 

The only one who knows whats going on without me telling,
was Maxwell, the psychic. 


[A/N]: First chapter is really shabby as of right now. ;~; I'll make it better <3 o3o