About Us

Beauty

Blinked once. Blinked two times. Pinched own cheek and blinked again. Someone pinched you in the other cheek, but it turned out to be a lot more painful than the pinch you inflicted yourself.

 

"Are you hearing what I'm saying?", said a deep voice just in front of you. "You're spacing out again. Do you do that everytime someone's talking to-"

"Yes! Ahm, I mean, no!" You shook your head to clear out the imaginary cobwebs in your mind. "You were talking about...what again?"

Kris grunted and whispered, "Girls." He went back to eating his breakfast. "Let's just do it later."

A knot formed in your forehead. "Do what?"

"Just eat your food."

"Uh...okay." That shut you up. It's the first time someone commanded you and, surprisingly, you followed.

 

Both of you finished the breakfast Kris prepared in silence, and as he was starting to clean up the dishes, you stood up and offered to wash the plates. "I'll be fine with this."

"Let's wash it together, then."

 

While doing the chore, it could not be avoided for your shoulder to touch Kris' arm. You looked at his arm, up to his shoulder, and realized how tall he is. My head only reaches his shoulders. How tall could he be? Your eyes continued to scrutinize this man's face, and since he's standing beside you, the only part available to see is his side view. You looked at his neck, his well-defined jaw, his cheek, the long lashes of his eyes.

 

"How are the dishes?"

"Good."

"And is the view that you are looking at right now good?"

"Yeah, goo-WHAT?! I mean...ahm...good, but that's not really-"

He chuckled. Then laughed. A good hearty laugh. It felt like a part of heaven opened and let a bunch of angels out to sing a heartwarming song to you. Through Kris' laugh. That's so far-off, you thought, but that's just how I feel. Ugh, what is this man doing to me? I feel...silly.

"You got caught, yeobo."

"Y-yeo-yeobo?! I-I..."

"I told you we should start now. Start to be comfortable since we'll be stucked with each other for who knows until when." He dropped the spoons he was washing and stared straight into your eyes. "So...yeobo? Would you mind introducing yourself to me, hmmm?" Those eyes seemed to be boring deep into your eyes straight to your skull. You felt the intensity but at the same time, saw the michievous glint in his optics.

"I would like to do that...but...uhm could we just finish these dishes first?", you said, then immediately turned your attention to washing the utensils in the sink. Strange, but you feel your heart was beating faster than usual. I didn't even drink coffee for breakfast.

You looked at Kris, and this time, a weird idea popped up into your mind.

 

Oh no. I am in trouble. Deep trouble.

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

>>> A/N: Sorry for the untimely update. I've been thinking about how I could make the plot that I have in mind appear smoothly in the conversations of the characters. I also apologize if there are redundant words. Actually, I am still groping for new words, and I promise to work hard on my vocabulary. Comments are very much appreciated. :)))