Finding settlements

Embracing the Past

Oh Sehun


 

I’m tired of waiting.

 

Seriously, though. I’ve been stuck in this form for months and I don’t seem to know the way out. All this stupid Suho-guy gave to me was this scroll, a scroll that I did not understand. To be frank, I can hardly understand the handwriting. I’ve learned Korean, English, French, Mandarin, Filipino, and German, but this was really absurd. I cannot find a way to read it properly without mocking it, in which Suho-guy will scold me. I have no second motions to it at all, though. I was just jesting because I need something to amuse me.

 

“Happy Halloween!”

 

I heard these crazy weirdos knock against the door beside me. Oh, so you think you’re scary, huh? Try facing me, dude. I’m the real example of what you are trying to impersonate, fool.

 

I observed each and every one of them. How they socialize, how they greet and talk, how they laugh. I really wish I could go back to these days. Back when I was still a flesh. Back when I was still a normal human.

 

“I see, reminiscing the old times, Sehun?” A soft voice called.

 

Great. He’s back to annoy me again. I really have no time for this. I just walked away from him and his heavenly presence. He looked so innocent and purely angel like, and it reminded me of someone I know. But then again, I’m in another form now. She won’t be able to recognize me, talk to me, make me laugh like those times. Oh, life. Its just that I can't remember her name.

 

But why is it that she's the only one that my mind could remember eversince I got in this form? 

 

“Sehun.”

 

I turned at him. “Oh. Pardon me. I was…thinking.”

 

“About what?”

 

Can’t he just let me go this once? Besides, he can read minds, I think. “The past.”

 

He turned to me with those curious eyes. “Past?” he asked, intrigued. I nodded and looked at the retreating group of teenagers. I really find them amusing.

 

“Oh. Uh, I rewrote the scroll that I gave you and now,” he sighed happily, “you can read it.”

 

“Is that your news?” I asked, wearily. He nodded ever so enthusiastically and handed it over. He looked much more excited than I am; I guess he’s going to be free once I become an angel. I saw him chuckled there. As I said, he can read minds. I opened the scroll and read it. Most of it doesn’t really concern me, but one thing caught my eye.

 

‘…as vast as the light in the universe, so are the prayers. Dear lad, you are not a spirit to haunt the humankind. You aren’t a full-pledged spirit to roam the earth with a mission to help, for you are alive, breathing but without sense of awareness around you. Rise, thy little lost soul, and look for your beloved. Seek for help and never be in grief. For I, the God of the Heavens, grant you the power to be worthy of receiving life once more.

 

   But always remember and keep in thine memory: Life may not be eternal, and so are memories, but love is. You may forget a rose blooming in the fields but the love acquired by you can never be forgotten lest die. Being forgotten in the conscious mind is nothing but a mere absence in one’s mind. Tenacity in one’s self is important as to make one remember you. Memories are locked away but not forever, for one who beholds the key is the most significant person in their life…’

 

At first, I did not understand the statement. Not a single word sank down in my mind. But after the piece of scroll sank deep down my systems, I was beyond shocked. I am really regretting the days, weeks, months I've let this scroll rot in Suho's pocket. Why didn’t I find a way to understand this scroll? How foolish of me to let this happen. How long was I asleep? Years? It---

 

“Just 2 years, Sehun,” Suho butted in. I told you he can read minds. I could feel him smirk at me.

 

Anyways, I could have at least tried to understand the scroll, although I couldn't, but atleast I wasn’t dead yet. Hope is still alive! I am still alive. I need to see her. Now. But there was a problem: I was a ghost.

 

“Hyung, I can’t possibly achieve my human form without having one. Can you help me?” I plead. He smiled at me and it gave me hope, again.

 

“Before the sun touches you in the morning, you shall disappear, but not forever, I can’t have a partner as slothful as you.”

 

With that, he disappeared.

 

I didn’t feel any changes though. I felt like I was still the same. However, this time, I felt the wind kiss my frame. I can feel again. Not the feelings like emotions, but the feeling that of the senses. I can sense again. I felt a heartbeat.

 

‘HELP!’

 

I automatically looked around if there was someone behind me. But to my luck, I saw no one but the pure empty streets of the Village I reside.

 

‘’

 

Now I’m hearing curses! Great, just what I needed. The wind is blowing curses at me now, I---

 

“Sehun, you bratty idiot, go find where that voice is and help her! Geez, I don’t really understand why God gave you another chance to live…”

 

I heard Suho grumble more inaudible words. I can’t see him, though. Finally, some peace.

 

“I can still hear your thoughts!” he hissed.

 

“Sorry, hyung!” I yelled to no one.

 

Good thing no one was in the street or else, I would’ve embarrassed myself to death. Oh well, should run now. Suho hyung is really cursing me. REALLY. I don't even know why he is an angel.

 

 

I walked around the streets of the Village. I still haven’t found the owner of the voice that I heard. I'm gonna run out of time now!

 

I really need to find her. That familiar, squeaky voice. But unluckily, there was no sign of her.

 

Well, not until she bumped onto me surprisingly. I saw her in a white dress that hung until her knees, below them. She grunted and looked at me ever so anxious. I can hear her heart beat fast, signaling that she was feeling neural around me. Why would she – Oh.

 

 I saw ten men running after her.

 

She was feeling jittery; she must’ve thought I was with them. Do I look like some here? Hey, I was born with this female-capturing looks and I seriously don’t look like them.

 

Then, I heard Suho scoff. Oh, he was still here, listening.

 

I pulled her up and went in front of her. Finally, she didn’t feel tensed around me, more like curious and awkward.

 

“Isn't it obvious? You are gonna get by a bunch if sick walking elephants and you're just planning on running the whole night,” I said matter-of-factly. She pouted for a second and looked back to where she came from. I felt her tense again. She saw how the group of men walked towards her horribly and she looked at me again. We were outnumbered.

 

But who cares? I'm a fighter. I learned how to be a little evil kid back then.

 

“What do you plan to do?” She asked, nervous. Why does she doubt so much? Am I too slim? I’m just y. Geesh, Thin and y are two different words.

 

“I fight. No need to be scared,” I said, “I’m not like your average classy man who just shows off.”

 

I knew she found me a little bit haughty, but atleast she crooked up her lips a little bit. I made her smile even if it was just for a second. She loosened up a bit. Well, not until one fat guy yelled, “GET HER!” Now it feels as if I was in a movie. An action movie.

 

I saw a man look at her maliciously and smirked. Oh, how I will wipe that smirk off later. “Found your prince charming, cutiepie?” He asked, mockingly. She cringed at the name given and I glared at him, making sure he feels how I loathed him and his filthy mouth.

 

“Can’t think of any good petnames, can you, fatman?” I smirked back. He looked at me with hate. I just want to punch you, you know?

 

I lunged forward. In a matter of seconds, they were all down. I turned to look at the girl and she was gaping. Now, I am amused with her. Was this her first time to see such an action? I chuckled. I will really remember this peculiar night.

 

After minutes of talking, we eventually parted. Everything went fine with me and her, as I constantly irked her. And it wasn't until I heard her name that I felt something hit my mind. Her name sounded so familiar. Maybe I should follow her? I laughed at the thought.

 

Just who was she?