Escaped Memoirs

Embracing the Past
Prairie Street.
 
 
Summer Street. 
 
 
Alton Street.
 
 
Prairie Street.
 
 
"Where the hell am I?" You grumbled and ruffled your hair in annoyance. Great. Just great. Now I'm lost here in this village filled with mystery and what else. You looked at the street post again and walked towards it.
 
 
"You stupid streets!" you yelled and kicked the street post multiple times.
 
 
After venting your anger at the poor, bent-down street post, you decided to continue walking. You looked at the sky and you immediately assumed that it was a minute away from midnight. Not to mention the absence of stars and the faint glow of the moon which was hidden by the clouds, making it seem a little dark, but surely it won't rain.  
 
 
You tiredly walked around when you heard someone behind you. You stopped and tried to listen to its movements, but none came. Your curiosity flodded your mind, wanting you to look behind. You slowly turned to peek. And what you saw shocked you.
 
 
"Hey, it's you again!" You pointed at the guy that you saw earlier rather suspiciously. He chuckled and caught up with you.
 
 
"You found me. Great job," he clapped his hands, "Now, can you find your way out? Because to be honest, you look lost," he grinned mischievously. 
 
 
"Obviously," you frowned and continued to walk. "Wait," you halted when you realized something. "Were you following me?"
 
 
He chuckled and just simply shrugged as he continued to walk towards you. He stopped at exactly in front of you, towering you and making you feel tiny. You pushed him away harshly and stomped away.
 
 
He grinned and followed you, to which you failed to ignore. "Are you a stalker or what?" You grumbled. He just simply chuckled and slung an arm around your shoulders.
 
 
"You know you shouldn't be pushing me away when I can help you get out of this village," he arrogantly said. You turned back at him, your
eyes filled with hope. 
 
 
"Really?" you asked, flabbergasted.
 
 
"Mmhmm," he nodded. He looked back from where you came from and looked in front. "From where you were back then, it was just a few streets. But now that you traveled near the edge of the West Village, the route just got longer." 
 
 
You scratched your head. "Oh," was all that you mustered to say. 
 
 
He chuckled. "Did you know that midnight is near?" He asked. You nodded, but deep inside, you were panicking. You looked up and saw a
few stars that shined down. They looked peacefully happy above, unlike you. Pain and sore coursed throughout your body. Tired and exhausted after walking.
 
 
"Twinkle, twinkle little star~," he hummed. You automatically twitched your head at the sudden tune. But you found it so relaxing that you didn't get irritated by it.
 
 
It wasn't until he started to make weird, eerie noises when you got irritated again. "Don't you have to go home?" you blurted, obviously annoyed by him. He chuckled again, "Can't get rid of me fast enough, can you, little red riding hood?" You glared at him.
 
 
"What's with you and petnames?" You mirthlessly said. "Anyways, won't your parents look for you?"
 
 
He stopped chortling and his pace slowed down a little.
 
 
For a moment, you saw his eyes glinted with confusion, like he didn't know either, like his mind knew nothing but hollow memoirs of himself. "I don't know" echoed in his systems, sentimentally. And immediately, you knew there was something wrong about him you just couldn't pinpoint what it was.
 
 
"No," he faintly said. "I don't know."
 
 
 
 
Time to time, you would glance at him. How he fell silently ill was noticeably a mystery. He didn't even make fun of you when you tripped from walking. It was dead quiet and you felt a little awkward. in your thoughts, you heard another faint tune. Mesmerized by the cool morning breeze and the shade of the morning light, you felt sleepy.
 
 
A faint glow of light shined in your pale cheek, startling you softly. You glanced at the east and saw that the sun was rising. The sun was a vision in the dawn and a pest in the noon. You stopped to view the sun and immersed yourself in the wind.
 
 
But absent-mindedly, something disappeared unnoticed - or someone. 
 
 
This feels nice. You stretched and yawned feeling sleepy and exhausted. You turned your head back to the road and your mind went blank, as
if it restarted. When you got back to your senses, absence took over your surroundings. 
 
 
"What was I doing here? Was I with someone?" You looked at your surroundings and shrugged. "I guess I better get going. I still need to get
out of here." And you strolled away, remembering nothing that happened in the night but the pure moonlight.
 
 
 
 
"No way! You really got lost?!" Your friend, Kimjin exclaimed. 
 
 
"Uh-huh."
 
 
"So, how were you able to go back?" She asked, really intrigued about your story.
 
 
You lied down your bed and sighed. "I continued to walk forward until I saw the main road. Although I do not remember much of my journey
in the night, but I'm pretty sure I was safe." You grabbed your pen and played with it, until it suddenly flew out of your grasp.
 
 
"Yeah, I bet you got chased by drunk men," she laughed. You heard a little yell in her background. "Oh, that's my cue to wash the laundry. See you later, explorer." 
 
 
You disconnected the call and hid your phone away. The conversation got you wondering about how you managed to arrive in your place in one piece. And later on, you fell asleep.
 
 
 
 
"Wake up."
 
 
You opened your eyes. You were sure that you heard a faint voice telling you to wake up. It sounded familiar. You positioned yourself in a
defending way, expecting to see a hollow creature prance at you. After waiting and finding nothing but an empty cabin in the woods, your stomach grumbled. You slowly got down your bed and made your way towards the kitchen. 
 
 
After making your breakfast, you placed them all in one tray. "My little cabin must have been getting squeaky. Afterall, this has been standing on for years," you chuckled. You took the cup, quickly sipped a drink and went to the veranda.
 
 
"Twinkle, twinkle little star~," you hummed, and soon halted when you became conscious that you were doing so. That's odd. You continued
to walk when a faint figure of a man emerged in your mind. 
 
 
A lean guy with a white, porcelain skin waved at you. 
 
 
And everything felt so nostalgic. Even just by looking at the sky made you feel all soul-searching and a distance away from your soul. A huge feeling of recalling surged on you. 
 
 
 
Who was he?