"Badminton is No Joke!"

Cool Kiz Badminton Team BTS One-Shots

 

*Where Nichkhun is feeling the great pressure (of being a master at badminton), Chansung is extremely frustrated (over his many mistakes), Changmin is secretly happy over winning (for the very 1st time) & John Park will be training (to become the next drinking master!)…

 

***

 

Right after the recording of the first match and as they were changing out of their sweat-soaked uniforms into casual clothes, Chansung suddenly had to ask.

 

"Hey guys, Nichkhun-hyung and I are treating ourselves to some beer and pizza on our way home. Why don't you join the two of us?"

 

"Will you be eating out or just have it at your dorm?" Changmin threw the question back at him.

 

"We can all hang out at our dorm tonight if you want some privacy. The other members aren't there so it will just be me and Chansung." Nichkhun offered a great alternative.

 

"I'm in!" John Park gamely agreed to the plan.

 

"Mianhaeyo hyungs, I've still got an early dance rehearsal tomorrow morning for our upcoming comeback. I promise I'll go with you guys next time!" The maknae, Bigstar’s Feeldog, told them regretfully.

 

"Gwaenchana, Feeldog-ah. So everything’s settled, then! I'm gonna go and tell my manager not to wait up for me. You guys have a ride, don't you?"

 

"Our van is already parked outside, Changmin-ah! How about you, John?" Nichkhun inquired of the solo singer.

 

"I only need to call my manager to tell him not to come and get me."

 

"Alright, let's go!" Chansung exclaimed rather excitedly.


***



Back at 2PM's dorm, the four guys were in the living room with three open boxes of family-sized pizza and several bottles of beer spread out on the coffee table in the center.

 

"You and Jongsu-hyung made a really good team out there today, Changmin-ah! I guess it pays to be able to practice together a lot."

 

"Nichkhun-hyung is right. We haven't been practicing together as much as we wanted to because of how hectic our schedule was this week." Chansung added.

 

"Yeah, I heard the hyung-nims worried a lot earlier today because they thought you two won't make it to the match on time in addition to Lee Mangi gyosu-nim's absence." John Park noted.

 

"I'm sorry to say this but I was rather glad Lee Mangi gyosu-nim was not there today. I was about to burst out trying to keep myself together despite the heavy pressure they've put on me. Hodong-hyung kept on reminding me constantly of it that it was getting kind of annoying!"

 

"I admire you for that, John-hyung! We know it's not at all easy being Hodong-hyung's partner."

 

"Hodong-hyung's a force to reckon with and I admit he can be pretty scary most times. I feel a lot of pressure, too. That is why I've been learning the game and practicing as much and as often as I can. I didn't want to be a dead-weight to him."

 

"You also don't want to be blamed for losing the game and end up crying on broadcast like me!" Changmin remarked jokingly. "Well, they didn't really say it to my face but I couldn't help but take the blame for it, nonetheless."

 

"I absolutely know how that feels, Changmin-hyung. It's how I'm actually feeling right now. I made so many damn mistakes during our match that I'm sure I won't be able to sleep a wink tonight!"

 

"Then we need some more beer or maybe something even stronger so you can just pass out drunk and not worry about not getting any sleep later." Changmin advised with a naughty grin.

 

"We only have light beer here. The members got really worried when I previously had that accident and DUI. I'm not supposed to drink any more than three bottles of this and only when I'm in the dorm. Our management has also discouraged me from drinking out in public for the time being."

 

"That's understandable considering what you just went through. Your members are really nice for looking after you like that. I can't say I've ever been drunk before though. Once my head starts spinning, I just stop drinking right then and there!"

 

"Wow, John-hyung! You have quite the self-control there. I usually only stop when I either pass out or until manager-hyung comes to take me home."

 

Nichkhun nodded in total agreement at Chansung's bold statement.

 

"You need to strengthen your tolerance against alcohol, John! Just try drinking a little bit more than the last time until you get the hang of it." Voldemin sounded like he was trying to bring church-boy John Park over to the dark side.

 

"Never drink and drive, though! You don't ever want to learn that particular lesson the hard way like I did."

 

"That's the great thing about always having your manager-hyung around with you. You're guaranteed to have a trusted designated driver that will take you home safely after getting -faced!"

 

"Whoa! Changmin-hyung, you're totally my style!" 2PM’s maknae got up to exchange high fives with the TVXQ maknae.

 

"You two can both train John to become another drinking master then! I'm feeling a bit disappointed that I won't be around to see it happening… ’coz I'll be busy shooting my drama in China starting next week." The Thai prince voiced out with a hint of a pout on his handsome face.

 

"Who do you think they're going to cast as Nichkhun's replacement?" John Park wondered.

 

"I just hope it's someone we can get along with... Preferably someone close to our age. He is going to become my partner, after all!" Chansung commented clearly anticipating a possible new team member's appearance in the show.

 

** ** ** **