Arguments

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

11. Arguments

 

“Min Young-ssi.” Aki stopped in her tracks and offered a small smile to her therapist who looked a bit dumbfounded. A baby-faced man approached Aki, smiled along but whispered. “Who’s that, Kiki?” He asked curiously. “She’s my therapist.” “Oh.” The Chinese man said. “Let’s go and say hi.”

Bumping into Aki wasn’t Min Young’s intention but seeing her patient outside her office, she noticed how hesitant she acted but saw the smile she had been seeing for the past few weeks. Aki walked towards her with the man following behind with a wide smile. She introduced the youthful man as Luhan, a fellow photographer and friend of Aki who accompanied her since he needed a few things of his own. Min Young didn’t expect the awkward meeting but she thought it was a good idea to see her patients outside her office because she’s able to see them live their lives. They still had their weekly sessions for the past month and she saw Aki’s improvement. At first she thought her roommate was the only one who contributed of her progress but she was wrong; it was everyone around her and that was a good thing. Whenever they have their sessions, Aki would never fail to tell how her week went, whether it was good or bad. Sometimes, Chanyeol takes her out when they’re both left at the apartment. Other times, Joon Myeon would bump into her at the streets and they would have coffee without Baekhyun’s knowledge and there were times when they watch movies together at Chanyeol and Jongin’s apartment and they would just laugh uncontrollably or watch it with the same solemnity. Even though she told these to Min Young with an uncooperative tone, Min Young would always notice how fast she spoke due to hidden excitement. It was already enough for her to know that Aki was improving. She began to live again.

“Well I have to go. It was nice meeting you, Luhan-ssi.”

Luhan waved a hand, “It was lovely to meet you too.”

“I’ll see you at Friday, Aki?”

“Yeah, I’ll see you.”

 

 

“I’m trying to get my together so could you stop blabbering for a second, Aki?!”

Aki’s frown deepened, “I’m only trying to help you, Baekhyun! Stop shouting like a crazy person for goodness sakes, calm down.” She exclaimed back, making Baekhyun huffed loudly. “Forget it, I’ll be late if I stay any longer.” He hurried off to the door and left without another word as he climbed down the stairs, bumping Sehun in his non-threatening dizzy state. Aki groaned exasperatedly as she made her way to the door, “Fine be that way, you son of a-!” With the desire of wanting to slam the door, she abruptly stayed immobile when Sehun arrived, wearing his pajamas. Aki paused and sighed, “Sehun.” She said breathlessly as she pinched the bridge of her nose, “Sorry about the racket.”

The boy glanced down at the staircase, glaring at Baekhyun’s back when he closed the front door. “You were fighting again.” Aki nodded and heaved heavily, “Unfortunately,” she paused. “Anyway, sorry you had to hear that. Guess I’ll have to apologize to everyone. Again.” Aki shrugged her shoulders as she closed the door gently. “I’ll see you later.”

 

 

Blankly staring at his reflection, Oh Sehun’s mind was simply occupied by a certain girl. His mind kept replaying the morning filled with shouts and loud thuds. He hated Baekhyun for acting that way to Aki. How he carelessly shrugged Aki away and walked out without another word. He can’t stand the sad look in her eyes and her tired sighs. He can’t understand why the man he envied so much could bring her so much distraught. “That stupid Byun Baekhyun.” He cussed, his teeth gritted as his knuckles paled.

Baekhyun and Aki have been at it for days and the only thing that’s missing was strangling each other’s necks and wrestling the other’s body. After two weeks of Baekhyun’s winter performance with his students, the principal of the school he’s teaching, told him to form a new concert for another school festival. He said it was to, “Greet the new year.” When Baekhyun was informed, he wasn’t very glad to hear the news and so was his colleague, Kim Jongdae who was as stressed as him. They had to think of another set of songs, make one or two songs of their own, organize the lightings and the props for the individual performances and even a performance of their own must be included!

It was a lot of work and they had to start early if they want it to be a success. Through weeks of rehearsals, Aki noticed how exhausted Baekhyun looked as he got home. He still makes breakfast for both of them but he’d leave right after he’s done for a morning practice and sometimes he just collapses inside his room to sleep and not have dinner with her.

Aki had grown worried of his current lifestyle so she asked him if she could be any assistance but Baekhyun declined her offer. Aki was known for her persistency, so everyday she kept asking Baekhyun. She wanted to lighten up his mood since he became quite cranky but he reasoned that he can do it on his own even though he’s barely awake most times.

Today was the 10th of January and it was the same day for Baekhyun’s performance. They fought again but this time, it ended badly.

 

“Sehun? Come on, let’s go! We don’t want to catch traffic.” Joon Myeon shouted from the living room, disrupting Sehun’s sea of thoughts.

“Y-yeah, hyung. I’ll be out in a second.”

 

Sehun followed Joon Myeon as they climbed downstairs to join the others who lingered outside, waiting for them. When he got out of the apartment, he quickly saw Aki smiling but he knew all to well that she was close to tears. He could feel himself grow annoyed.

Joon Myeon brought his hands together as he started to climb on his minivan. “Let’s get going, people. Kiki, you should sit beside me, I don’t trust them.”

Chanyeol opened his mouth in protest, “I’ve been with her many times than you ever did, hyung!” Joon Myeon rolled his eyes and chose to ignore his sentiment.

Aki was about to follow Joon Myeon’s orders but Sehun immediately linked his fingers with Aki’s, making her immobile with shock, “Actually hyung, noona and I won’t be watching Baekhyun’s stupid concert today.” Sehun suddenly declared, making sure he didn’t say “hyung”.

This sudden declaration caught everyone off-guard. All of them froze, eyeing the other due to the uncertainty and awkwardness the air filled but the oldest hyung was the first one to break the silence. “What?” Joon Myeon’s forehead wrinkled. Aki knew nothing of the teenage boy’s plan and looked extremely lost and confused.

“W-we’re not going?” Aki asked him hesitantly.

“Nope.” He answered. Sehun glanced at Chanyeol’s way and coolly said. “Tell your best friend that if he’ll yell at noona again, I’ll kick his so hard, he won’t be able to sing.” 

 


 

A/N: Here's a short update for all of you! I hope you liked Sehun's escapade hihihi

Please don't hate me, the next chapter will be a surprise and since it's my summer, I can write whenever I want!

The next chappie will be longer, okay? 

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I already have a mix ready for my story and do you remember the song Aki sang to her husband?

I kept changing it, now it's That's All and it will also be included to my mix.

I hope you're enjoying my story even though it's angsty and oh my gosh, angsty Baekhyun!!

Anyway, I wanna greet Oh Thehunnie a Happy Birthday!! He clearly ruined my bias list but I don't mind I love him~ 

Your rude and sarcastic sentiments annoyed me but then I realized we're the same!!

Keep yeheting, my ohorat!

Hahaha anyway, follow me on twitter: samlovesbaek

God bless, please leave a comment! It keeps me inspired, if you don't comment: I'LL CREI