❝ Getting Over You ❞ — whitechocolate

❝ My First Kiss ❞ — oneshot shop ; I'm sorry but we're closed :)
Getting Over You!
author :  luvhpurple
characters :  Kang Hani aka Hanny (oc), Nam Woohyun and Jang Dongwoo of Infinite
requester :  whitechocolate

 

 

 

I was able to face you alone

Because you were by yourself…

But now when you have someone by your side

I think I’ll need one, too…

 

‘TOK!’

a knock was heard quite loudly in the quiet class, making all eyes with the same owner as the ears who heard the sound turned their heads toward the back corner of the class, where the sound originated. The middle-aged female teacher with neat appearance and thick-rimmed glasses who was writing some algebra formulas on the black board turned to the back, also. Her eyes widen as wide as those eyes can get. It was obvious that she was really angry. Well, who wouldn’t? you were teaching an interesting and important chapter in algebra, but somebody slept through it peacefully. Oh, no, no, no… that absolutely CANNOT be left alone without a punishment.

“Mr. Nam!” Mrs. Jang-the teacher-shouted. A female student sitting beside the sleeping boy poked his arm a few times, getting him to wake up before Mrs. Jang-who was known for her temper-explodes. Her attempt seemed to succeed, since the boy slowly lifted up his head, blinking a few times as he wiped his saliva off his cheek and lips, and blinked again with a confused expression as if to ask what happened. The girl crinkled her forehead in a warning manner while pointing to the furious Mrs. Jang with her chin.

The boy gulped. He knew that his life was in a great danger. While all the other students in the room could only lower their heads, terrified. They knew only too well that any of their lives would be in danger if they dare to even make a sound when that particular woman-with her left hand on her hips-is in a bad mood. And this time is clearly one of those.

“Mr. Nam Woohyun, you do realize what you have done wrong, don’t you?” she said. Her tone was sweet, but that makes it even scarier. The boy-Woohyun-gulped again before nodding his head.

“would you care to confess?” Woohyun parted his lips, but nothing would come out.

“what was that?” Mrs. Jang leaned forward to hear what the poor boy has to say.

“I-… I slept in class. I’m-… I’m sorry, teacher,” he said, lowering his head.

“louder!” she commanded

“I slept in class. I’m sorry, teacher!” he half-shouted

“LOUDER!!!” the whole class jumped at the sudden raise of volume in their teacher’s voice.

“I SLEPT IN CLASS. I’M SORRY, TEACHER!!!” that seemed to appease Mrs. Jang. She crossed both her arms in front of her chest, and got back to the scary sweet tone.

“I see you’ve understood that. I believe you know the consequences, too, don’t you, Mr. Nam?” she asked. The boy nodded for the second time.

“good.” She smiled “THEN PULL YOUR CHAIR OUT TO THE HALLWAY AND STAY THERE UNTIL THE END OF CLASS!!!” everyone was scared. Well, who wouldn’t?

so with a heavy heart, Woohyun pulled his chair out to the hallway-just as told. Without his knowledge, the girl sitting in front of him stared at his departure with worried eyes. She sighed.

“Woohyun-ie, why can’t you get out of trouble?” she thought. without their concern, she and Mrs. Jang heaved out a sigh at the still-sleepy looking boy who just received his punishment.

The girl’s eyes continued to trail Woohyun’s movements, even though he was already nowhere out of sight. Unfortunately for her, Mrs. Jang saw what she was doing.

“MISS KANG!” again, everyone jumped out of surprise. The poor girl blinked her eyes a few times

“y-yes, M-Mrs. Jang?” she stuttered, her fingers crouching her knees tightly.

“I see you want to accompany Mr. Nam in the hallways. As I am a good teacher, I’ll let you do so. GET OUT OF MY CLASS, NOW!!”

all the students in the room stayed still with their heads down, not wanting to risk their lives for making Mrs. Jang angry. The ‘Ms. Kang’ girl, however, didn’t seem to mind being kicked out of class. How do I know? Easy. Just look at the way she quickly packed up her bag and impatiently pulled her chair out, like she was already waiting to get punished. Not a surprise, though, considering the way she looked at the boy who had been kicked out a minute earlier than her… oh boy, that is not the way to stare at someone not special. Funny to see that girl happily stepped out from her class to accompany her ‘someone special’, when it’s obviously the exact opposite on Mrs. Jang’s end. Releasing her full force on two kids in one day seemed to have raised her blood pressure. Damn, if this goes on, she might die a couple of decades early.

- - -

With her light blue bag over her shoulder, Kang Hani-or Hanny, that’s her name-almost threw her chair beside the lifeless-looking boy’s.

“Hanny?” he raised an eyebrow “what are you doing here?” the latter could only smile sheepishly while lifting her shoulders, signaling that she wasn’t sure what she was doing there or why she would want to be there in the first place.

“Monster Jang kicked me out. I figured it should be good then, you might need a companion anyway,” she joked, making the both of them giggle.

“sorry I made you skip algebra. I know you actually liked the subject,” seeing him apologizing, Hani could do nothing but to sigh and rest her back to her chair. Her eyes gazed to the mid-air.

“nah, I can use some break from that murderer,” she said, followed by a chuckle “besides, what’s more important than my best friend?” she added, plastering a smile on her face. Woohyun didn’t know what to do, so he just lowered his head as he sighed a heavy sigh, mumbling an inaudible “thanks,”

- - -

“You’re really not going to confess to him, aren’t you, Han?” Hani’s banana milkshake almost went through the wrong pipe when she heard what this girl in front of her-Mi Jung, a close friend of hers-has just said. She knew who she meant with ‘him’, and she knew it well. Ugh, sometimes she regretted telling the girl about that guy she liked.

“wh-what?!” she asked between her attempts to get the yellow liquid the hell out of before it reached her lungs. Mi Jung and the other girl-who was patting her back, trying to help her with the milkshake-, Ka Young, rolled their eyes.

“seriously? This is like, the FIFTH YEAR you’ve had a crush on him! For goodness sake, what are you? How can you be so careless?” Mi Jung grumbled, somewhat feeling just so annoyed with this stupid girl. And Ka Young seemed to have the same thought as she does.

“guys doesn’t like to wait for long, you know. We’re already in our eleventh year, where most teenage love will bloom,” Ka Young said poetically “and I’m guessing that it’d be the same with him,” Mi Jung nodded

“you just wait and see, young miss, if you don’t confess to him ASAP, he’ll step all over ya with a pretty girl linking hands with him,” Hani smiled sarcastically.

“try me,”

- - -

it was 7 in the morning, still quite early indeed. The classes hadn’t begun yet even though most of the students were already at school. Having nothing to do, some of them would find a book to read, some other were playing with their phones, some chose to chat with their friends or lovers, and some others just sat quietly in the corner. And not much to our surprise, one of them was Kang Hani.

The girl sat silently in her seat down the middle row, her right hand was busy scribbling something on her sketch book. She liked drawing-even though she still needs a lot of practice on it-and no one would deny that she looked the absolute cutest when she’s drawing like this. Her round, sparkling eyes glued on the paper, her head turned side to side as she changed her drawing position to a more comfortable one from time to time, and her bangs moved cutely along with her movements as she tried to erase a wrongly drawn line.

Kang Hani has always been in her own world when she was drawing, not even worrying about a thing in the world. She was sincerely happy just by doing something she likes. But unfortunately for her, precisely at this time of the day, a boy-whose hair looked like a shipwreck-just have to run into her classroom, shouting

“YO GUYS, BIG NEWS!!!”

everyone instantly looked up to the boy, seemingly interested in the ‘big news’ he was talking-I mean shouting-about. Just after he felt that he has drew everyone’s attention-in this case, Hani is an exception. Why? Didn’t I tell you that she’s in her own world now?-the boy announced something that made Hani too, diverted her gaze to him.

“Nam Woohyun of XI-B is now officially dating Park Hye Joo of XI-A!!!”

everyone instantly let out a teasing-toned ‘ooohhh’ as some of them clapped. Everyone seemed happy for Woohyun who-in his high school years-have never got a girlfriend. Oh, correction: not everyone. There’s one particular girl who-instead of cheering-lowered her head and bit her lips, trying not to shed a tear. Oh no, not happy tears. So yeah, she wasn’t exactly happy that her best friend have got a girlfriend. No, not at all. Well okay, she should be, but she couldn’t. it was all still a major shock to her heart.

She made a not-loud-but-audible-enough ‘tap’ sound as she slammed her sketchbook shut and marched her way out of the class without anybody-who are still excited about Woohyun’s dating news-noticing. She saw both her friends-Mi Jung and Ka Young, who were both attending a different class from her-half running towards her. Seemed like they’ve heard the news as well before going off to make sure that their pitiful friend was okay. Well, it’s good that they’ve found her now *coughs* before she does anything stupid *coughs*.

“Hanny!” both of them shouted. It was more than obvious that both of them were equally worried.

“baby, are you okay?” Ka Young-the girl with the motherly side-quickly coaxed her friend, patting her back slowly as if trying to give her some of her own spirit as the girl already seemed so lifeless.

Mi Jung on the other hand, was the exact opposite of Ka Young. So with both her hands crossed in front of her chest, she sarcastically said

“told you so,” in a matter of half a second,  Ka Young’s affectionate eyes towards Hani were already turning into a scary glare addressed to Mi Jung. It’s funny tho, how Mi Jung quickly turned into an obedient puppy right after then.

“guys, I’m fine. I’m just having a little bit of a shock, that’s all,” yeah right, that would’ve been sooo convincing if it’s not for the girl’s eyes who betrayed her.

As both of them knew Hani a bit too well to be deceived by her little white lie, Mi Jung rolled her eyes, mumbling an inaudible ‘yeah right,’, while Ka Young bit her lower lip. Mi Jung-of course-instantly didn’t believe her, in which she showed quite obviously, while Ka Young chose to respect her by asking something she already knew

“you’re really fine?” Hani gave a firm nod with a weak smile on her lips.

“I’m fine. Now go, the bell’s ringing now,”

- - -

it’s been roughly two weeks since that dreadful day when Hani lost her first love before even fighting for him. It hasn’t been really good for her. her grades were slowly decreasing, and her mood worsened everyday. Funny when it seemed like Woohyun’s side was completely fine. Of course, with a new pretty, smart, and loving girlfriend like that…

“Hanny! HANNY!” the girl jumped for a second before realizing that she has been too busy staring at Woohyun and his new girlfriend to the point she ignored her senior-Jang Dongwoo-who was now looking at her with worried eyes.

“you okay?” he asked. She blinked before nodding her head. “oh gosh, I though you were possessed,” he joked. And it seemed that he had succeeded in making her smile grew, even if it’s just a slight curve.

“can I help you with something, sunbae?” she asked. We all know it’s only normal that she’d ask that, because it wasn’t a daily sight to see a senior-especially Dongwoo sunbae-coming to her class except for a really important matter. But that question that had just escaped made the older looked a bit uneasy.

Dongwoo bit his lip before slowly sitting on the chair in front of her, his expression clearly tells that he was arranging his about-to-be-said words in his head. Hani blinked, having the slightest idea on what’s going on with this guy in front of her.

“look, Hanny… the thing is… umm…” he gulped. ‘geez, is it that hard to say what you want to say and quickly leave?’ she thought.

“uh-huh…”

“I-I… I actually… I…”

“sunbae, can you speak clearly? I don’t get what you’re saying,” Hani-who was getting impatient-half demanded, making Dongwoo’s face turned into an expression like he had no other choice.

“I-I like you…” he finally said. And wow, it seemed that those three words were magic, since all the students around quickly gathered around Dongwoo and Hani. Hani herself, though, didn’t seem to notice as she was too shocked, she almost choked on her own spit.

“excuse me?!”

“I like you, Kang Hani. Would you… accept my feelings and be my girlfriend?” right after saying those words, the guy lowered his head as low as possible, trying to strengthen himself for the worse possibilities.

Hani’s jaw dropped to the floor. What a shock. It was still quite early in the morning, she was staring at her best friend-slash-first-love when suddenly one the most handsome and popular senior there is in her school came up to her and declared that he liked her, and he asked her to be his girlfriend. And now, it seemed like the whole school is gathering up around them to eagerly wait for her answer. In her heart, the clear answer there only is was a ‘no’, of course, but she was thankfully smart enough to think twice about it.

“let me think this up first. This is all so sudden for me, so can you give me some time to figure this out, sunbae?” she asked, her fingers crossed that the boy would understand. Lucky for her, Dongwoo was understanding enough to let her think it out.

“sure. I’ll see you later after school,” he said. She smiled. At least he gave her some time to think…

- - -

“you should definitely accept him!” Mi Jung squealed “no one’s lucky enough to get Dongwoo sunbae as her boyfriend except for the late Ye Sun sunbae, and he only dated her because she had a cancer!”

it was recess time, and Hani was with Mi Jung and Ka Young-again-to discuss about her matters. She hoped that these two will get her to a conclusion in time for her deadline. But it seemed that both girls have a different opinion. Hani puffed her cheeks.

“really Jungie? Hanny never even noticed Dongwoo sunbae! How can you force her to accept him when you know she has someone else in her heart?!” Ka Young spat “what kind of friend are you?”

“Woohyun has a girlfriend, for goodness sake! I want Hanny to move on from that-… insensitive guy!”

“but there’s always a chance he’ll turn back! It’s not like they’re already engaged or something!”

“don’t you see how this girl suffers? I think it’s time to let go of the old thing and get a new one; one that actually have feelings for her!”

“you-…”

“STOP!” Hani suddenly cut the yelling conversation her two friends had created “don’t you see we’re in public? You guys are drawing everyone’s attention!” she scolded, making the two girls obediently sat back on their chairs as they unconsciously stood up when they were yelling at each other.

“I’ve thought this through,” she announced. The other two looked at her “Ka Young was right. I still have major feelings for Woohyun, and I still can’t forget him. And yes, there’s still a big chance that he’ll turn to me someday,” Ka Young smiled at Mi Jung in victory. “but Mi Jung was also right. however, he has somebody by his side now, while I don’t. I managed to face him alone for all these years because he was also alone, but now…” she sighed “as he’s not alone anymore; I too, think that I won’t be able to face him head on alone anymore,” actually, it was Mi Jung’s turn to smile in victory, but she couldn’t. none of them could do any funny business anymore, seeing Hani lowering her head, her tears were already at the edge of her eyes.

“Hanny…” the concerned Mi Jung and Ka Young leaned forward to hug their now quietly-sobbing friend.

“I-I… think it’s time… to let go…”

- - -

“yes,”

oh, how that simple one word that had just escaped Hani’s lips made his day. A loud cheer from the many students who has gathered around them got louder as Dongwoo took her hand-her white, soft hand that he has longed for so long-and pulled her into a hug. It felt different having her in his embrace, it felt so right, like nothing can go wrong anymore in this world. It didn’t seem like his ear-to-ear smile would be able to fade for a long, long time.

But it was quite a different atmosphere when it comes to Hani. When her new boyfriend pulled her into his embrace, all she could think about was Woohyun. ‘is he seeing this?’ ‘what will he think?’ ‘will he hate me?’ ‘what can I say to him later?’ ‘Woohyun, what would he feel seeing me like this?’ were the things that popped into her head from time to time. She pushed her lips into a thin line before placing her hands on Woohy-… uhm, Dongwoo’s back to return his hug before she buried her head into his broad chest.

- - -

Nam Woohyun didn’t know why, but his surroundings felt like it was quickly forming a storm in broad daylight just this morning when his two friends-Sungyeol and Howon-informed him about the hottest news in their school: the popular senior-Jang Dongwoo-is now officially dating. And the lucky girl was-much to his surprise-was his own best friend, Kang Hani. To be honest, Woohyun wasn’t very fond of this particular senior, since he has just this many girls clinging on him and all. And to be honest, he didn’t like the fact that his best friend was dating him. It wasn’t pleasant on his end in any way, especially considering that Hani knew how much he disliked the latter…

Woohyun mentally slapped himself for ever feeling like shouting to the innocent girl to break up with her new boyfriend. I mean, he has no rights to do that; please, he has a girlfriend, too, no? besides, it’s kinda sorta her own business, and he shouldn’t be minding her business as it wasn’t his business, right?

But she’s his best friend, and he has all the rights to tell her what he liked and disliked her to do, right?

But she also has all the rights to choose the man she wants to date, right?

But they’ve been best friends for as long as he could remember, so Hani wouldn’t mind him telling her that he disliked her choice, right?

But he shouldn’t forbid Hani to date when he was also dating someone, right?

But he wasn’t forbidding her to date, he’s just forbidding her to date Dongwoo sunbae. So it shouldn’t be that much of a problem, right?

But as her best friend, he should respect her decision about who she loved and who she would date, right?

But-…

Woohyun mentally slapped himself for the second time. why was he having that small quarrel inside himself with himself? He massaged his temple, sighing a few times. but much to his surprise, when he looked up, what he saw was exactly what he had been thinking of. Kang Hani.

Woohyun had notice that the latter girl had been turning paler than usual for this past few days. Well, maybe because her grades were decreasing-something he also noticed. But today, it seemed like she has slowly regained the old sparks in her eyes. Was it because of Dongwoo? He shook off the thought as Hani literally walked past him-something he found quite odd. After knowing her for quite a long time now, Woohyun was accustomed to her antics: she would greet people when she walked past them. Then what up with the act of I-don’t-see-you-so-I’ll-just-walk-past that she showed to him today?

His eyes trailed her steps as she walked to the back of the classroom, returning a notebook she likely borrowed fro the owner of the chair in the corner before getting back to her seat, right in front of him. And again, she acted like she had never seen him. Woohyun gulped. What is wrong with his best friend? Is it just him or was she really changing so much over the night? He encouraged himself to call her name

“Hanny-yah…” hearing her name, Hani turned her body to his direction

“yes?”

“that… you, uhm…”

“I what?”

“you’re dating… Dongwoo sunbae?” he asked. It was actually stupid to ask when he knew the answer, but he just wanted to her what she has to say.

Hani pushed her lips into a thin line, and looked to the other way to avoid Woohyun’s questioning gaze. Hani knew she shouldn’t and couldn’t lie about this to Woohyun, so she nodded, slowly. Woohyun could only chuckle bitterly.

“so it was true,” he wasn’t asking. At least not to her. but she nodded her head even though she knew he wasn’t asking.

“why?” Woohyun swore that he saw a glint of anger in her eyes just after he has finished the word, but he tried not to be bothered by it for too much.

why?” she echoed “are you saying that I can’t date? Do I need your permission to date? I’m a teenage too, you know. I want to feel love and feel how it’s like to be loved. I have all the rights there is to pick who I want to be with,” she spat. Her eyes started forming a transparent layer of tears “you can date… so why can’t I date?”

just like how God sent the angels to seal the mouths of the lions during Daniel’s time, Woohyun now was no different than those lions. Hani’s spoken words seemed to have sealed his lips. And not only that, her words have also pierced his heart.

“Hani, no… it’s not like that. Just… why him? You know how I feel about him-…”

“so what?” Woohyun was taken aback, while Hani chuckled sarcastically “ ‘why him’? look who’s talking!” Woohyun couldn’t manage to ignore her sparks of anger and the drops of tears slowly forming in her eyes anymore “in case you haven’t noticed, Mr. Nam, you have dated the girl that bullied me the most in tenth grade, and I said nothing about it. not even a single word of complaint have escaped my lips about her! wanna know why?” a drop of tear rolled down Hani’s cheek “Because you’re my best friend, and I want you to be happy… But now what do I get? Can’t you at least be happy for me?”

the girl stood up, marching her way out of the classroom, leaving Woohyun alone with his thoughts. But it was no use, since Woohyun couldn’t think anyway. Why? Because there, already waiting outside the door, was Jang Dongwoo, who quickly pulled Hani into a hug, letting her cry in his embrace.

For a minute there Woohyun felt jealous of him. Why can’t he be the one to hug Hani and coax her? why can’t he be the one to be there for her when she needs him? Why can’t he be the one to be her boyf-…

Woohyun quickly shook the thoughts off his head

‘dude, you have a girlfriend…’ he warned himself. But he couldn’t deny that he was still jealous to Dongwoo who got to hug Hani. One thing he couldn’t understand, though, was the fact that he had seen his girlfriend being held everywhere by other guys in her ballet practice or recitals, but never did he feel jealous. But now, why is he jealous to Dongwoo just because he hugged his own girlfriend?

Woohyun shook the thoughts once more. Even though he tried not to be bothered much about it, he couldn’t help but to ask himself

‘what is happening to you, Nam Woohyun? Do you like Kang Hani as more than a friend?’

- - -

time flew by quite fast for most people. All they knew was that it’s suddenly spring, not even sparing anymore time for those who originally wanted to enjoy the beauty of the winter a bit more.

But it wasn’t flying as fast while passing that certain guy named Nam Woohyun, who was now-by the way-sitting lifelessly with his hand supporting his chin on the bench at the side of the football field. ‘What the heck is he doing?’, if you may ask. Well, he was watching his best friend-Kang Hani, or Hanny-chatting happily with her boyfriend for almost three or four months now-Jang Dongwoo-while walking side by side along the other side of the field.

Woohyun sighed. It’s been a month since he broke up with his girlfriend-Park Hye Joo. Everybode agreed that he looked a bit depressed since then. Or so they thought. he wasn’t actually depressed because he broke up with his girlfriend. No. he was depressed because Hani didn’t brake up with her lover as how he thought she would when he broke up with his. he realized what he truly felt for Hani about two months ago, and that eventually led him into the breakup.

‘how can I face you when you have somebody by your side while I don’t?’ he thought. well, karma exist, dude.

He sighed for the umpteenth time. it was painful watching her like this, when he knew he could be on the other side of the picture. But it’s useless to cry over spilt milk, and Woohyun knew that well. All he can do now is wait for a miracle to happen. But right now, when the miracle is nowhere in sight, he thought that it would be best for him to avoid the pain.

He headed toward the school building, and walked round and round its hallways without any particular destination. He didn’t know whether it was good luck or bad luck, but he accidentally read a flyer pinned along the hallways.

“Prom Night,” he read “this weekend at 7,”

you’ve guessed it, he’s dying to take Hani to the occasion. But he knew she already had a date-her boyfriend. Woohyun smiled bitterly. Out of all times, prom has to be when he hasn’t got a girlfriend and he has to watch the girl in his heart having her arms around another guy. Great, maybe he shouldn’t come. Yeah, maybe he shouldn’t.

Woohyun decided to get back to class as he knew the bell will soon ring, signaling that break time’s over. But what did he find in his classroom again? No, not a flyer for prom.

Kang Hani.

She was sitting on her usual seat in front of his, but she had her head buried in her hands. Was she… crying? Woohyun tried to be normal as he approached her, and slowly shook her shoulder.

“Han-Hanny?” the girl looked up. Her face was pale and her eyes were red, so he could tell that she was trying to hold a tear.

“hum?” she answered faintly. Woohyun started to wonder if she was like this because of Dongwoo-again.

“g-gosh, Hanny, what happened to your face? You look like a zombie!” he scolded. In his heart he was hoping that his voice and expression would seem normal to her eyes. Woohyun saw Hani’s lips move forward, forming a pout as she took her eyes of the boy.

“what do you know?” she mumbled, trying not to be heard by the now giggling boy standing beside her desk.

“I heard that,”

“damn,” “so what?” she said quickly, trying to look uninterested. Woohyun chuckled. Oh, he knew her antics, alright…

“had a fight with your boyfriend?” he asked as he pulled a chair close and sat on it, leaning towards her. Hani sealed her lips, having no intention to share her personal matter to the cute boy that she-honestly-still have feelings for.

“so it’s true,” Woohyun concluded. Hani glared at him

“we just had a misunderstanding, okay. That’s all it is. That’s all there ever is.” She emphasized, trying not to get him anymore curious or conclude anything else. I mean, it should be fine if what he concluded were wrong, but as it was right, Hani had to find a way to make him shut up.

“you saw him with another girl,” he said again. Oh damn, how did he know? How on earth did he find out??!!

And as if reading her mind, Woohyun said

“it’s all over your face. I can read your eyes too, you know,” he chuckled. She was just going to let out all the curse words she knew, but she held it in by biting her lips. She completely forgot about the fact that this particular boy is her best friend for years, and thus, knew more about her than she’ll ever know.

“s-so? what’s your business?” she said, trying to-again-look like it was no big deal “we’ll get over it… somehow,” her voice sounded not so sure at the ‘somehow’, and he noticed.

Woohyun smiled, and leaned closer, leaving only a few inches of gap between their faces.

“wanna get a revenge?” he said cheekily. Hani’s eyes widen

“w-WHAT?!”

“I’m telling you, you can make him jealous, too,”

“h-how?” Hani quickly covered with both her hands, mentally cursing herself for ever letting her curiosity get over. Woohyun’s lips twitched upwards.

“go to the prom with me,” he said smoothly. You see now? Nam Woohyun always finds a way to get what he wants.

Ooh, now, now, how would she LOVE to agree to it! but she knew it’s not as easy now as she was already taken, no? she was still very VERY hesitant to accept the offer, and he knew too well what that expression she’s showing meant. So to assure her, he held out his hand to her, saying

“it’s okay, we can go as friends, right? if Dongwoo sunbae apologizes afterwards, you can always go with him for the rest of the party,”

that seemed to appease Hani’s mini war with herself. ‘yes, right. going as friends won’t hurt,’ she thought ‘besides, I’m doing this to get my boyfriend back,’. Oh girl, it’s getting obvious now…

still hesitantly, the girl reached out her hand, responding to the now-smirking boy’s handshake offer.

- - -

“oh my gosh, isn’t that Dongwoo oppa’s girlfriend?”

“yeah… what happened? Did they break up?”

“I don’t think so… but why is she coming with another guy?”

“she can’t be serious…”

those were the apparently-audible whispers that Hani heard addressed to her as she walked hand-in-hand with Woohyun down the red carpet that leads to the school’s hall. She definitely felt that half her soul was drifting away from her body. How can they call her a cheater? She’s doing this to get her boyfriend back, for goodness sake! Or was she?

However, Woohyun tightened his grip to her hand, whispering

“you’ve always been there for me, so don’t you dare think that I’m going to leave you when you need me,”

she was half-appeased. At least she has got him beside her now, hasn’t she?

Not long later, as they walked further into the big room, who would they meet rather that Jang Dongwoo? Woohyun’s face darkened at the sight of him, and so has Hani’s.

“o-oppa…” she whispered at the sight of him in front of her. Dongwoo pretended not to hear, and instead glanced at Woohyun who was now glaring at him

“your friend?” he asked coldly. Before Hani has the chance to explain anything, Dongwoo cut her again “or your new boyfriend?”

“oppa, I…”

“we’re just friends,” both Hani and Dongwoo were shocked at Woohyun’s sudden statement

“Woo-…”

“I’m just taking her here because you didn’t pick her up, so I did,”

“Woohyunnie, what are you-…”

“if you’re only taking her here, then…” Dongwoo held out his hand to reach Hani’s “I suppose you can hand her over to me now,”

Woohyun scoffed. Hand her over? Yeah right. his expression turned hard as he firmly snatched er hand from Dongwoo’s, making the other two looked at him in shock

“ ‘hand her over’? is she some kind of object that I can easily hand over to you?”

“disrespectful. Where’s your form-…”

“I don’t need to respect a guy like you, and neither does this girl. So just so you know, there’s no such thing as ‘swapping partners’ in a prom. So as she came with me, I’ll be taking her for the rest of the evening. Have a nice day,”

and with that, Woohyun dragged the still-confused Hani from the now-angry Dongwoo to the balcony.

“what was that?!” she yelled. Woohyun messed his hair

“yah, you should thank me for saving you from that devil!” he yelled back

“he’s my boyfriend!”

“I don’t care!”

“you said you were going to help me get him back, that’s why you took me here with you!”

“well, I lied!” Hani-who was going to yell back-went silent

“what?” Woohyun looked like he was about to explode “I don’t understand. You-…”

“look, Hanny, I didn’t ask you to be my date to help you get back with Dongwoo sunbae, okay?”

“then-…”

“I asked you to be my date because I like you, okay,” Hani’s eyes widen “I like you. I really do. I was just too stupid to realize it a bit sooner. I only realized what I truly felt about you when I saw you together with him. I guess it’s true when people say you will realize who you truly love and who truly loves you when you lose them, huh?” he chuckled a bit to release the tenseness and the awkwardness “I know it’s a bit to late, and you won’t be able to return my feelings, but this is what I want to say. If you want me to disappear from your life, I will. And-…”

Woohyun’s words was cut. He looked up, only to see none other than Hani, sealing his lips with hers. Wow, wow, is this a dream? Coz he ain’t going to wake up if it is.

As she pulled away, he looked at her with a questioning gaze. She giggled

“stupid boy. How can you not see that I’ve been liking you since seventh grade?!” Woohyun’s eyes widened

“y-you? S-seventh grade? But how?” Hani winked

“I like you too, babo. So don’t ever think to disappear from my life, okay?” she smiled. Woohyun couldn’t help but to smile along with her.

apparently, he has something else in mind after that. Woohyun cleared his throat before changing his smile into a cheeky one

“so,” he said as he glanced at Hani-who was now busy blushing around “does that mean you’re mine now?” Hani chuckled as she hit his arm playfully

“even though that’s annoying, but it seems t be true,” she smiled sincerely.

Woohyun couldn’t contain his happiness. In a swift move, he pulled her hand to his direction and only stopped when her lips reached his. Hani was surprised at first, but she eventually responded to the kiss. Woohyun held the girl-his girl-tighter in the waist, while Hani put her hands around Woohyun’s neck. The kiss lasted for a while before they stopped, gasping for air

“thank you,” she said “for returning my feelings,” Woohyun chuckled as he shook his head

“no, thank you,”

 


Make Room for ze Amazing Author!

The first one with an au scenario… I like it! :D it’s not like I dislike the other requests, but this is just different, you know? XD tbh, I found this scenario quite similar to my real love life with my first love. Unfortunately, we didn’t end up together, with him probably still watching over me, and myself… already having my eyes on a kingka… *evil grins* okay okay I should shut up… /slapped/ ond oh, this is officially the longest oneshot I've written since I entered 'My First Kiss'. it's twice as long than the others! oh my, let me cheer for finishing it! XD so yeah, I quite enjoyed writing this one, so I hope you’ll do the same reading it…^^ thanks for requesting!^^