Seoul

Smashing The Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6a11AtInfc&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2ajKg-FObVeI0PF8hNgpMvHm

4 ½ Years Ago

Six months passed since Suho, Jae, and Kris escaped Silent Hill. Six months since they were reinstated into the real world. Six months trying to live the lives they once had. Six months since they last saw Miah and Junggie. In those six months many things happened.

One: the trio couldn’t say what really happened or why they came back minus two people. If they had, people would think they were crazy, and even worse, probably have them thrown in a mental ward. So they came to an agreement on the way back to Seoul. They agreed to lie. They got lost; stopped off to ask for directions, splitting up in the process; and for some reason Jung and Eunmi never came back. They told their parents this lie; they told the police this lie. They were as convincing as can be. They cried, and showed how heartbroken they were; even though it was for a slightly different reason; and they even said they looked for the two only to find nothing. They said they came back to Seoul to involve the police; this was a lie of course, but this also brings us to the second thing that happened.

Two: A police investigation was initiated. The first suspects are always the ones closest to the crime, and in this case it was the three that came home. Suho, Jae, and Kris were questioned under suspicion that they had something to do with the disappearance; it was too odd that they came back to Seoul for the police when they could have call 119 from where they were at. There was a ring of truth to this, but not in the way the police were thinking. The investigation into the three lasted about a week and a half until each of their parents’ lawyers got involved and convinced the investigators that they would never harm their friends, and in Jae’s case her brother. With that option down, the police came up with a second suspicion that the two missing teens ran away together. Teen angst, love, and immaturity being the main theory behind it. None of this gave any real leads though so after a month the search drizzled down to the main investigators who after four months gave up all together. There was no trace of Sun Eunmi or Il Junghwa so there was nowhere for them to search. This leads to the third thing.

Three: With the investigation into the missing person case of Sun Eunmi and Il Junghwa seizing to exist the parents of both teens were understandably devastated. Junggies’ parents, under the stress of their son going missing and their daughter having come home practically a different person, ended up splitting up three months into Jae’s return, and officially divorcing a month after the investigation was dubbed an unsolved cold case. This of course only made adjusting to normality even more difficult for Jae. Having lost hope in her parents for support, and the police for their lack of commitment; even though she knew why they couldn’t find anything; all she could do was depend on the two friends she had left; her boyfriend Kris, and his friend Suho. With their convincing she decided to pursue the police academy. Miah’s father now completely alone upon her disappearance turned to drinking. He had picked it up before when he first found out what Miah’s mother was, then again when she died, and for the third time now that his daughter was also gone. He wouldn’t give it up this time though; there was no one to stop him after all; not like the times before. Because of this both Suho and Jae decided to step in. Suho doing so because he felt he owed it not only to Miah, but to himself as well; and Jae because she grew up with Miah, her and Junggie spent their entire childhood playing with each other and so of course they were close to one another’s parents. So the two often visited him; bringing him food, knick knacks to occupy his time; and sometimes they would just go and talk to him. Through this Suho became very close to Miah’s father; to the point that they would even call each other father and son. Suho liked to think that if Miah was still around that they would have gotten to that personal of level anyways. It made him feel closer to her; he felt honored to be able to take care of her father in her absence. It was the least he could do after all.

Four: Exactly six months to the day they escaped Silent Hill everything came to a head for the trio. It was the day that truly changed everything; it was the day their bond was broken; it was the day they celebrated every year. They chose to celebrate this day, and call it the true day they escaped because that was when they were all broken. It was summer when they entered and left the grey, but it was winter when all five of them really drifted apart…..

---------------

“La Roux,” Jae read softly. Her eyes were on a sign in bright red lighting above the doors of a new French restaurant in the mall. They all agreed to meet there for lunch, and she was really excited because she had never tried French food before. It would be like a new adventure for her. She could use the excitement; the academy had been a bit stressful for her recently.

“It smells delicious,” Kris hummed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter