Picking up mom

You Got Me

When YongGuk wakes up the next morning he is still sitting in Alex’s corner with his son’s sleeping on either side of him. Yongho has his mouth open and is curled up in a ball while Namsok is taking up quite a bit of space. “Boys… wake up” YongGuk gently shakes the boys. “Mom home?” Yongho mumbles and doesn’t open his eyes. YongGuk sighs and the boy over the head “We’ll get her later today”

“You said that yesterday” Namsok mumbles and rubs his eyes.

“Well…” YongGuk frowns and before he knows it both boys look up at him and they don’t look like they are going to believe whatever he will say. “Dad is mom really coming home today?” Namsok asks and crosses his arm.

“Off course” YongGuk looks at the boy and huffs “You think I would lie?”

“She didn’t come home yesterday” Yongho mumbles and pouts as he crosses his arms as well. YongGuk look from one boy to the other and doesn’t really know what to say. He shakes his head and ruffles the hair on both boys “And what in the world makes you think you can doubt your dad? Don’t you know my word is law?” he looks from one boy to the other and they both look a little perplexed for a moment but then starts shrinking and jumps off so they can run away.

“I’ll teach you to listen to dad!” YongGuk calls out in his deep voice and chases after the two boys who are already out the room and on their way to the living room.

“I’m gonna get ya!” YongGuk chases the two happily squealing boys around making sure he is so close to catches them several time without really getting a hold of them. After a bit of chasing he gets a hold of Namsok and he pretty much throws him onto his shoulder before continuing after Yongho while Namsok laughs and yells for his twin to run faster “Gotcha!” YongGuk finally catches his other son and he swings both around till they all land on the couch panting a little and smiling hugely. YongGuk tickles Namsok who squirms and slides of the couch in order to get away while Yongho tries to escape over the back of the couch “No crawling up there you rascal” YongGuk pulls Yongho back onto his lap and tickles the boy till he is begging his dad to stop. “I win” YongGuk grins and threatens to tickle Yongho again causing the boy to grab his dad’s hand and hold on tight to stop him.

When the phone starts to ring YongGuk is still sitting with Yongho so big boy Namsok runs over and picks it up “Daddy’s phone” Namsok proudly says while still a little out of breath from the play.

Nammie! Hey sweety” Namsok lights up when he hears his mother’s voice “Mom! Are you coming home?!”

Off course I am. Where is daddy?

“Uhm…” Namsok looks over at his dad who seems to know who is on the phone and he has already put Yongho down and is on his way. “Hand it over” YongGuk reaches out for the phone but Namsok sees his chance to run away but this time YongGuk is faster and he grabs Namsok and holds him under his arm while taking the phone from him with his other hand “Hey babe, are you home soon?”

“Daddy!” Namsok tries to get loose but YongGuk just makes a spin that has the boy shrieking.

“Hold on I’ll go throw something in the trash” YongGuk says in the phone while he grins down at Namsok who immediately starts saying that he can’t do that.

Sounds like you are having fun” Alex sounds just a little bitter and YongGuk smirks in response “We know our favorite person is coming home so we are in a good mood, aren’t we boys?” he looks over at Yongho who has been starring at YongGuk and the phone with big eyes “Mom please come home!” Yongho almost yells and YongGuk chuckles “You should see Yongho. He looks like he is gonna cry”

“Am not!” Yongho complains and crosses his arms in defiance “I’m a boy I don’t cry!”

“Daddy let me down!” Namsok squirms again and YongGuk lets his son down at the ground kind of expecting him to run away but instead both twins stand right next to him and looks up at the phone “When is mom coming?” Namsok asks and pulls at YongGuk’s arm.

“Can we go see her now?” Yongho asks and bites down on his lip.

“When will you be here?” YongGuk asks and places his hand on Namsok’s head “Please say we’ll see you soon”

Actually I’m on my way. I didn’t want to call to early but you better be at the airport in 2 hours cause I’m expecting to see you all there

“Two hours?!” YongGuk blurts out and looks over at the clock, it will take about an hour just to get to the airport and they haven’t eaten or gotten dressed yet and with kids everything take longer but just as he tries to figure out how to make it in time both twins have taken off in a run to their bedroom and YongGuk can just chuckle after them “How did I end up with such a couple of mama’s boys?”

Jealous?

“You know I am” YongGuk grins and walks back towards the bedroom “You know I don’t like sharing”

Guk there are your sons as well” Alex laughs in the other end “You wanted kids remember

“Back then I didn’t think we could have any and well… you were you…” he takes a moment to think back on everything and can’t help but feel a little strange. To think that his problematic, dangerous, self-destructive and completely none-parental type girlfriend would end up being such a dedicated mom and wife can still make him wonder if it is all just a dream.

Guk stop daydreaming and get to the airport to pick me up!” Alex scolds lightly as she noticed YongGuk went quiet “I’ll hang now. Love you Gukkie

“Love you too” YongGuk smiles and hangs up. He quickly puts on some clothes and then goes to check up on the boys but they aren’t in their room. That’s when he hears something smashing from the kitchen and he is immediately getting a bad feeling. He hurries to the kitchen and finds Namsok standing on the counter and Yongho on the floor looking at his hand with a puzzled look. In front of Yongho is a glass shattered all over the floor “Boys!” YongGuk immediately grabs Yongho and sits him on the counter so he can be sure he doesn’t step on the shards “How did you even get up there?!” he snarls at Namsok and forces him to sit down as well so he won’t fall “We don’t have time for this!” He quickly picks up the biggest pieces while Namsok apologizes and says they just wanted to help.

“You could really get hurt!” YongGuk manages to get the pieces up and wipes up the small pieces carefully before he notices that Yongho is still looking at his hand and there is something on it… “You cut yourself?!” He dashes over to the boy and grabs Yongho’s hand which has quite a bit of blood on it “Why didn’t you say something?!” YongGuk quickly moves Yongho over to the fosset and cleans the hand to see how bad it is. 3 months he has been responsible for the boys and in that time they had not gotten hurt and now this on the very day Alex returns. “It doesn’t look that bad” YongGuk mumbles as he studies the cut “Does it hurt much?” he looks at Yongho who shrugs and looks like it really isn’t a big deal “You really are your mother’s son” YongGuk sighs and put Namsok down on the floor before he runs out to get the first aid kid.

When he returns he quickly puts a bandage on the cut and then somehow manages to fix a quick breakfast and get the boys ready to leave in time to make it to the airport in time. “Daddy!” Yongho calls out as he and his twin jumps up and down by the door to get YongGuk to hurry “We have to get mom!”

“I’m aware” YongGuk makes sure he has everything and then opens the door and watches the boys run over to the elevator “You gotta wait for me you know”

“You are too slow” Namsok complains as both he and Yongho presses the button to the elevator over and over again “Once is enough” YongGuk grabs their hands and gives them a look “I know you are excited but can I count on you to behave and not go disappearing on me?”

“We promise” Namsok smiles up as his dad but YongGuk aren’t really convinced. Yesterday they were very mellow but they seem a lot more like themselves today and that means he needs an eye on each of them constantly. Yongho quickly drags YongGuk into the elevator the second the door opens and YongGuk follows with a sigh.

“Are we going to be late?” Namsok asks and looks a little worried. “No we got time” YongGuk says calmly but the long ride down is making the boys anxious and they are moving around uneasily. “Boys relax” YongGuk keeps a close eye on both of them and manages to catch both of them before they pretty much jump out when they think they are down at ground floor. He just barely missed that his boys would knock over the middle aged woman who lives several floors below them.

“My my someone is a little excited today” she smiles at the boys and pats Yongho on the head.

“Mom is coming home!” Namsok exclaims while Yongho says the same a second later.

“That’s nice” the woman smiles a little bigger and then looks up at YongGuk who smiles somewhat. The other people in the building has been a little ambiguous about their little family living there. First of all there is the whole danger of someone coming for not just Alex but YongGuk as well after he took over the firm and some where just scared to have the devil in their building while others liked the extra security and thought it was a good for the whole neighborhood that they had them staying there. This elderly lady is a bit of a snob and her husband had been very clear about how they thought the family in the building would mean a lack of the standard. “Boys how does mom tell you to act in the elevator?” YongGuk gives the boys a reprimanding look and they both straighten up and bow to the woman wishing her a good day. The woman looks pleased and the rest of the ride the boys behave but YongGuk can feel how they are itching to move.

“Well you must welcome Alex home for me” the woman says as she heads out and YongGuk guides the boys towards the garage “I will. Thank you” He smiles after the woman and the minute she is out and he is sure she is out of earshot he smirks down at the boys. He is proud that they managed to behave when it mattered but off course before he can think the thought to end both boys have run off towards the car “Be careful!” YongGuk yells after them and jogs a little so he can keep them in sight. Sometimes he really envies Seungho. Aiko and the small daughter Hyunjoo are both pretty quiet and well behaved kids and have never had quite the amount of energy of Yongho and Namsok. Off course Namsok and Yongho also have Alex’s genes which don’t really help at all. There is rarely a time where one of the boys doesn’t have bruises from play and surely they are real boys.

“Dad hurry up!” Namsok calls out to YongGuk from one of their cars. YongGuk is just about to tell him to relax when his phone rings and he quickly picks it up “Bang here?”

Boss Bang I just heard from Fuji that they will be in Korea within an hour” Pong’s voice sounds through the phone

“I’m aware” YongGuk unlocks the car and makes sure both boys get their seatbelts on before he goes to get in himself “We are going to pick her up now”

I figure. I was thinking if it would be okay that we send a pair of guards? I don’t think it is necessary but we need to be careful and with the twins there…

“I get it” YongGuk nods and straps on his own seatbelt “It’s fine. Better safe than sorry. I’ll meet them there” he then hangs up and looks back at the twins who look like they are struggling to sit still. One thing they have had to get used to is that they always need to assume that there is a risk. It was hard to get used to always needed backup when they went out as a family but for the safety of his wife and kids he’ll do anything and he has come to accept it.

“Drive dad” Yongho urges and Seungho smirks and starts the engine “You really missed mom huh?”

“I want mom home” Yongho nods and pouts “I miss mom”

“I miss mom too!” Namsok interjects and glares at his twin as if it was a competition. “Haven’t it been fun to be with dad?” YongGuk asks and frowns. Sometimes he really feels like Alex is the parent they love the most. “We love you to dad” Namsok says and smiles while Yongho mumbles that he just isn’t their mom which makes YongGuk sigh “Yongho you are breaking my heart”

“Don’t make dad sad” Namsok scolds his brother “I didn’t mean to!” Yongho retorts and crosses his arms “I just want mom and dad and dad always looks sad when mom isn’t there”

“I want both of them too!” Namsok crosses his arms as well and the boys start bickering about how they both like their parents really and want them both to be there. “Boys don’t fight. We don’t want mom to come home to fighting do we?”

“No” Both boys mumbles in unison and the car goes quiet… for a few minute before they start asking when they will be there and if they are going to be late.

When they get there YongGuk can’t really believe he has only been up for 3 hours, it feels like he has been up all day but the boys have endless energy and YongGuk has to hold on to both of them while they wait for the car from the firm. “Dad, come on!” Yongho tries to pulls YongGuk towards the entrance with the help of YongGuk who sighs “I said in a minute. We have to wait for…” he looks over and grins when he sees Kwan’s car pulling in near them and a moment later Kwan and Pong steps out “We want to see mrs boss as well” Pong grins and digs his hands into his pockets.

“Dad, now!” Namsok complains and YongGuk finally start moving towards the arrival hall to wait for Alex. “You have to stay with dad” YongGuk looks down at both the boys who nods but it doesn’t feel like they actually listen to what he said. Pong is not helping by asking them if they are really excited to have Alex back and Kwan ends up hitting pong over the head which makes YongGuk glare at them. He and Alex are very strict about violence in front of the boys and put a lot of effort into making sure the boys knows that it isn’t a game or fun.

Once they find a good spot with a good view over the entire area Kwan and Pong takes their stands and keeps an eye out while YongGuk again tries to get the twins to settle down and relax.

“When is mom coming?” Yongho asks with a worried frown. He feels like they have already waited for hours and is worried she isn’t coming. “Soon” YongGuk sighs and pats the boy on the head “Very soon” He looks up at the board that tells them the plane has landed but he knows it may still take a little before Alex comes through.

It takes another few minutes where the twins have been on pins and needles before YongGuk in the distance sees the familiar red hair and a smile immediately spreads on his face. “Mom is back” he mutters softly but the twins heard him and immediately started to look around frantically till they spot her among the people coming out and before YongGuk can stop them they set off in a run straight towards her “Mommy!” both boys calls out and almost makes several people trip as the runs in and out between people with YongGuk, Pong and Kwan following behind them in a normal pace.

“Nammie! Yonggie!” Alex is already smiling from ear to ear as she quickly makes her way towards the boys. She drops to her knees and spreads out her arms just as they reach her and gives them a huge hug “I missed you so much. I’m so happy to see you” she keeps hugging them for a bit and then takes a close look at both of them while their cheeks “Have you been giving daddy a hard time while I was gone? You look so handsome… my two amazing boys” She hugs them both again and by now YongGuk and the others have reached them but all YongGuk can do is watch his wife shower their sons with kisses and affection.

“Mom we missed you” Namsok says and gives her what could be counted as an attempt to look disappointed with her “You should have been home sooner”

“I know sweety, I’m really sorry” Alex smiles at him and Yongho’s back. Yongho has pretty much attached himself to her and doesn’t look like he is going to let go any time soon. “Dad said you would be home yesterday” Namsok continues and Alex sends a glance up at YongGuk who is feeling a little left out and rather jealous to be honest. “I know” Alex looks at Namsok again and kisses his forehead before she tries to put Yongho down but he is not letting go “Yonggie let me say hi to dad” Alex chuckles but Yongho just shakes his head and holds on tighter. “Honey did you miss me so much?” Alex hugs the boy who nods and finally lets go. Alex holds his hands but in the next she frowns and looks down at the bandage on his hand. YongGuk’s flinches and almost holds his breath while Alex takes a closer look “What happened here?”

YongGuk can see a small smirk forming on her face “I went three months without them getting hurt okay! He just… dropped a glass on the floor and got cut” he explains while the two boys keep silent.

“He dropped a glass?” Alex doesn’t quite look convinced “Our glasses don’t break from the fall from his hands to the floor. He isn’t that tall you know”

“Maybe Namsok dropped it” YongGuk shrugs

“Namsok isn’t taller” Alex shakes her head

“No but he was standing on the kitchen counter…”

“On the kitchen counter?” Alex suddenly starts looking less amused and more perplexed.

“Boss I don’t think you are making things better” Kwan mumbles while Pong and Fujiwara chuckles. YongGuk scratches his neck and lets out a deep sigh but cheers up when Alex finally tears herself away from the kids and walks over to properly greet him with a hug and a kiss “I missed you love”. In a flash everything else disappears and he looks her in the eyes and holds her in his arms “Welcome home”

Their little happy reunion don’t last long cause the twins is just was too excited about their mom being home and wants her attention. “Great” YongGuk sighs and looks down at the twins “I can’t wait till you two get older” Alex laughs and takes a hand of each of her sons asking them to show the way while YongGuk shares a quick word with the others.

“We were approached by someone from the CIA a couple of days ago” Fujiwara informs as the 4 men follow Alex and the twins from a bit behind them. “CIA?” YongGuk frowns “I haven’t heard of this… what did they want?”

“They wanted to talk to Alex but she didn’t want to talk to them. She probably didn’t tell you because she didn’t bother with them. I told them they had to go through us so they will probably get in touch one of the days” Fujiwara shrugs and looks around out of habit. They are always on alert. “I see” YongGuk wets his lips and looks at Alex who is smiling happily down at the twins who are telling her everything about what they have been doing while she was away.

“You want to handle it?” Pong asks with a look to YongGuk. YongGuk is the CEO but Pong is a big help and makes sure YongGuk doesn’t have to be responsible constantly. “If they call before I come back you can just take care of it. Just let me know okay?” YongGuk moves his hands into his pockets and shrugs. Pong nods and the males then catch up to Alex. YongGuk takes Namsok’s other hand and the little family heads home.