Those Three Words

Do Opposites Attract?

I was lodged in my condo, being that it was pretty hard to get a house in Seoul, sorely bored. Number One wasn't going to be here until eight p.m. since she had "something" to do. She wouldn't tell me what that "something" was, but I could already guess what it was, not that I cared or anything. Getting ready for her debut that would happen the following year acoording to Kevin.

"Jaeseop, I'm going to dinner with a couple of old friends and uncles of yours. Do you want to joing?" My father asked stopping by my room dressed pretty formally. Lying on my bed, I smirked at him.

"You're just going to drink and hit on girls anyways. It's not like I don't get enough of that everyday already." I answered closing my eyes. "I'm not interested."

"Hmm." My dad cleared his throat trying to ignore what I had just said. "Did you do your homework yet?"

"Like you would ever want to know." I scoffed as I opened my eyes and sat up on my bed. Looking at his face, it told me that he wanted to know. "I finished within ten minutes of being home like I always do. But you wouldn't know since you're too busy trying to remember other girls' numbers. Aren't you going to go?"

"Kim Jaeseop, that is no way to speak to your father!" My father said in his best stern voice as I smirked.

"Aren't you going to go now?" I asked him, looking him straight in the eyes with out a hint of fear. "Should I say, before mom comes back?"

"Have a good night then." My father turned to go down the stairs as I picked up my phone and began to text Hoon about our upcoming club plans. My father turned around and opened his mouth to speak as I spoke for him. "Don't tell mom right? Got it. Now leave me alone." My father shot me a look.

"Smart boy and a cold son too." My father muttered before leaving quickly. I rolled my eyes and threw my phone on the other side of the bed as he left, lying back down. 

It was 8:45 p.m. before my phone rang. Picking up my phone, I answered it to hear Kevin's voice. "What?" I answered as I heard soft tapping noises on my window from the rain. Frustrated, I the music from my laptop and left it on to drown out the sounds of the rain.

"Oh, Hyo Jin didn't have your number so she asked me to call you. She said she's waiting for you at a coffee shop near the school." Kevin answered.

"We promised to meet up at my house though. Look, I have all the materials at my home from the project. She needs to come over here." I answered firmly. Kevin was speechless. My voice was getting louder by the minute.

"It's pretty late at night now. Moreover, Hyo Jin is a girl. It's sort of dangerous for her... you know/"

"Kevin, you know she's not my ideal type right? A girl like her, doesn't meet my standards." I answered. "Tell her to come over here."

"But what I do know is that you're going to find out what she feels for you." He pointed out. I rolled my eyes.

"I would only do it up to a certain extent. I wouldn't go that far as to sleep with her. My body is worth more than Kevin.  She isn't nearly worthy enough for me to do that to her." I rolled my eyes. "By the way, I'm just playing with her. You know I don't do anything that could lead to something serious when I'm playing right?"

"Oh..." Kevin's voice trailed off. "I just noticed it was raining." My heart skipped a beat and then returned back to its normal pace, hating Kevin for mentioning it. "I'll come to your place with Hyo Jin then. Wait for us." 

"Kay, see you then." I hung up throwing my phone down onto the bed and then turning to the window, watching the raindrops slide down my window. I turned off my music and listened to the tapping on my window. The sound swallowed me up as I couldn't help it but give off a bitter smile, smirking halfway.

"I love you." My hands were balled into the fist as I tried to push the memory out of my head. 

Tick tick tick tick tick. The sound of the raindrops hit my heart's window as it closed up after hearing that.

"I love you." The three words that echoed throughout my head again, countless of times over and over again for the past two years.

The words that left her lips. On that rainy day. The three words I wanted to hear so badly. The same three words that torn my heart apart when she said it. I love you.Those three words I heard. The three words I wanted to keep as my own. But I couldn't. And I lost her.

Ha Eun.

*So, it's been some time since I've updated. I'm sorry, but I'm not really good at beginnings of a story. >.< And this update was pretty short moreover. It was supposedly longer, but I cut it down due to the lack of time. Sorry and hopefully you'll all enjoy this chapter >.<~*