After School Tomorrow

Do Opposites Attract?

AJ's POV

I got to the party seemingly late of course. I just want to show up during the fun parts, not the boring part where I watch people walk in. Once I walked in, the girls around me sent a seducing smile, which I smirked. I knew today, one of those girls smiling at me would be Hyo Jin. I went over to Hoon as he handed me a fruit punch tainted with a bit of beer. His parents didn't care about whatever he did most of the times, but they put a strict law on his alcohol limit since he's still in high school. Personally, I don't like beer and I normally wouldn't drink it alone. I sat next to Hoon on the black and white sofa and took a tiny sip of the fruit punch. I didn't need alcohol in my body. Nor do I want it. Only the girls do. To numb their silly minds with a little something so they could have "fun".

"What'd you think about these girls? I invited the ones I thought would interest you the most. If not, the one that would be willing to give you some sugar." Hoon sent me a smirk as he took a big sip of the fruit punch.

"These were the best you could find? Did you see the looks they sent me when I walked in? How is this game for me?" I asked mocking him. He shrugged.

"Whatever, at least they're willing to give us some sugar." Hoon replied, eyeing a girl across the room. Kevin moved from his corner as girls crowded around him, trying to get his phone number and a night with him. Kevin slipped out uncomfortably and headed towards us, glancing at Hoon.

"Speak." I told him, sensing he wanted to ask Hoon something.

"Are you sure you invited Hyo Jin? Or at least she said she was coming?" Kevin asked, taking a sip of water from his cup. Hoon nodded.

"Yes, for the second time, I did invite her." Hoon rolled his eyes as Kevin closed his eyes.

"Is it possible for you to turn down the music a bit?" Kevin asked. I smirked at him.

"Tch, Kevin this is a party. If you don't like it, why don't you go home and study like you always do then?" I mocked him.Kevin ignored my rude comment and continued checking his phone. Finally he seemed to have waited long enough and dialed a number. Moments later, he looked troubled. 

"She's not coming." Kevin replied. His attitude changed completely back to normal rather than the anxious.\

"Who?" I asked, not really interested as a girl approached me, her hair, dyed nicely blonde. She sat next to me, sending me a seducing smile, which I returned.

"Hyo Jin." Kevin replied, acting like his usual student body president self. I rolled my eyes at Kevin as the girl tried to turn my attention back to her. I smirked at her and leaned in to whisper something into her ear. She smiled and nodded, leaving my side, causing me to roll my eyes again.

"So what'd she say?" Hoon asked me, smirking. "She was pretty hot if you asked me."

"And pretty boring if you ask me." I replied, slouching on the sofa, relaxing myself a bit. Kevin shot me a look.

"AJ, you should try to be serious with girls. I think it would be more interesting if you actually stay commited in a relationship, rather than sway from place to place." Kevin suggested, causing Hoon and I to nearly laugh.

"Kevin, you're so different from us. What's the point of being strapped down to one woman? They're all the same. Different on the outside but the same in the inside." Hoon commented. 

"They're like candy. All sweet and waiting for the same thing." I added on to Hoon. Hoon smirked at me as I returned his smirk. Kevin shot us disapproving looks as he finally got up.

"I'm going to head home. I need to work on my essay." Kevin said, getting up ready to leave.

"Kevin, the essay's not due till next week." Hoon said. Kevin nodded.

"I know, but I'm only doing my final draft now. Hyo Jin is going to help me with some final edits so I need to finish my final draft tonight." Kevin left quickly as Hoon sighed.

"Such a commited man. I don't even know how I became friends with him in the first place." Hoon said, lazying off. "Too bad Hyo Jin can't make it. If you weren't going to make a move on her, I would've."

"Psh, waste my time trying to get a night with her? I'd rather not. I just want to prove that she's like other girls." I smirked taking a sip of my fruit punch. "She's just an actress."

"She's an actress?"

"No. But she's a trainee and she's getting ready to go into the entertainment industry." I replied, slightly bored from the convosation.

"That's cool. At least she's slightly different." A girl came up to Hoon and wrapped her arm around his neck as she sat on his lap. "Talk to you later, AJ."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was Monday and I walked into the classroom, having Hoon to tell him about his night. Mr.Im came into the classroom smiling at the class. "Good morning class! I'm not feeling well today, so today, I want you to take out your Physics textbooks and review chapter 5.6. I will extend the project due date one day later." Hoon looked at Hyo Jin who was sitting next to Kevin and looked back at me, smirking.

"Looks like you'll get to spend some time with number one." Hoon said, giving me a pat on the back before heading to his partner. Number One made it towards me and sat next to me. Taking out her textbook, she looked over at me, noticing that my textbook wasn't out.

"Aren't you going to take your textbook out?" Hyo Jin asked. I turned to look at her, rolling my eyes.

"I'm not that stupid I need to review something as trivial like that." I replied. Number One bit her lip.

"We need to talk about the project, I want to do a 3D model of our project. What do you think?" 

"That sounds good, but I'm wondering if someone as dimwitted as you can do it." I mocked her.

"I can! And if you want, I can do it by myself." Number One said defensively.

"If I can trust you to do it. I doubt you'll be able to do it correctly." Number One turned to me, biting her lip as if she was trying catch herself.

"We need to do the project soon then. I have a tight schedule later this month." Number One informed me. "How about we start the project tomorrow during lunch?" A thought occured to me then. During lunch wouldn't do much to prove she's just like the other girls.

"How about after school tomorrow?"

 

 

*Yep, lame update, but I didn't draft this chapter out first. Hopefully I'll get to update this soon and make a more interesting chapter. For those who don't like waiting, please check out my other story, 'Arranged Marriage to...' if you haven't already!*