Chapter (2): In the Moment

What Ties Us Together

Ella's POV

I woke up in the afternoon to the sound of birds chirping outside and rays of sunlight breaking through the cracks of my blinds. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up on my bed and reached for my phone to check the time. It was 12:32pm in the afternoon. I knew something was wrong, but with my brain still groggy, I couldn't figure out what it is. Looking at the screen of my phone again, the date was displayed December 24th, it was Christmas Eve. Finally, it struck me; Chun didn't call me in the morning like he usually does.

I checked my notification to find that there was no messages left either. Walking to the washroom to begin my morning routine, I continued to wonder what's going on and decided I'll let it be since Chun normally has his reasons. I began brushing my teeth and thought about what I should do today...or if Chun had any plans for us to go out.

------------------------------------------------------------
Chun's POV

Its Christmas Eve today and I knew I had to make this amazing. Normally, Ella request that we celebrate Christmas and New Years with her best friend and our circle of friends. That is why all Christmas eve is the only day I have to make things special just for the two of us. After failing her birthday celebration, this is the only chance for me to redeem myself before a new year begins.

Speaking of her birthday, it's a long story. Let's just say I accidentally got her birthday present mixed up with a prank gift meant for Jiro's birthday and things became pretty awkward. So, today, I have to make things super special and romantic. I already planned and booked everything ahead of time. First, I will surprise her at her house with the stuff animal she always wanted and some of her favorite flowers, peonies. After, I will drive her for some brunch at our favorite place and then we will go see a movie. Then we will head to a cafe that serves the best latte and macaroons downtown so that we will have some time to talk. Finally, we will have some free time to go window shopping or whatever Ella wants before dinner at a romantic restaurant downtown I researched. Hopefully, if she isn't too tired, we can go cruise around and see the night view before I drop her home.

Going through my plans in my head, while fixing my hair, made me feel a lot more confident. I was ready to take Ella on the date I have planned and researched for weeks, excited to see her have one of the best time ever. I adjusted my hair a bit more before grabbing the gift and bouquet and heading out to my car.

Tonight is going to be unforgettable.

------------------------------------------------------------
A few hours later...

The sky was dark when Chun and Ella stepped out of the restaurant. White fluffy snow starting falling as the two walked over to Chun's car.

"It's going to be a white Christmas," Ella whispered with a smile on her face. Chun couldn't help, but stare the excited expression on his beautiful girlfriend as she watched the snow fall.

He opened the door to his car for her. "So, are you tired and ready to head home, or do you want to cruise around for a bit?"

"Mmmm...Maybe I should head home. It's starting to snow harder so it might be harder to drive later," Ella hesitantly answered. Although Chun was disappointed, he knew she was right and it was definitely safer to drive home now before the roads get slippery. Getting into the car and starting the engine, Chun began driving towards Ella's house as Ella slowly dose off to sleep beside him.
------------------------------------------------------------

"Ella? Ella?" Ella heard a voice calling her and slowly opened her eyes to see Chun trying to wake her. "We're at your house."

Ella replied with a mumble and fell back asleep. Chuckling lightly, Chun got out of his car and walked over to Ella's side and opened the door. The sudden gush of cold air resulted in Ella shiver a little and Chun responded by putting his jacket over her as he searched for her keys in the bag. Holding onto the keys in one hand, Chun unbuckled Ella's seat belt and carried her in his arms. He lightly kicked doors of his car closed and headed towards the entrance to Ella's home.

He managed to close and lock the door before bringing Ella upstairs into her room. Settling her in his bed, Ella slowly started to wake up slightly. She mumbled a little as she felt his arms leave her and opened her eyes slightly to grab onto his arm. "Don't go, Chun. Stay here tonight? It is Christmas Eve."

Chun looked at Ella and couldn't help, but find himself giving in to her adorable pouting face. He nodded and went over to her wardrobe to grab her home clothes to help her change.

Eventually, the two settled in Ella's bed, cuddling with Ella laying her head on Chun's chest. "Did you have a good Christmas Eve?"

"Yes, thank you so much." Ella could feel the vibration of his voice and closed her eyes lightly.

"Are you going to fall back asleep?"

Ella lightly shook her head, "No, I think staying like this is good for now. I'm actually starting to feel a little awake."

Lifting up her head, Ella looked into Chun's eye with a smile that just melts his heart. He leaned in to gently kiss her soft lips.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

The two kissed and exchanged words of love. They spent the night of Christmas passionately in each other's arm. Sharing their warmth, the two lovers eventually fell asleep as the snow covered the world outside in white.
------------------------------------------------------------

"Merry Christmas!" Chun could hear Ella's sweet voice waking him up. He opened one eye to see that Ella was poking his shoulder. Suddenly, in one swift movement, Chun sat up and wrapped his beautiful girlfriend's body with a fluffy blanket so she won't get cold.

"Chun, you need to put on some clothes or you'll get sick."

"Just let me stay like this for a bit." Chun held onto Ella tighter. "You body keeps me warm so I won't get sick."

"Chun, promise me we will stay like this forever in the future." Ella lifted her head slightly to look into Chun's eyes. He nodded in response.

"Sorry about last night, I was too caught up in the moment. We progress too fast, did we?" Ella shook her head. She felt that everything was right, they were so perfect.

"No, it's fine. I know I love you so nothing progressed too fast. You just need to promise you'll always be by my side and that will be awesome." She flashed him her cheeky smile.

He smiled, "Of course. I love you, Ella." Chun kissed her on the nose lightly.

"Merry Christmas."

------------------------------------------------------------

Just a chapter about Chun and Ella's Christmas Eve and how their relationship is progressing :) Hopefully it's not going too slow. 

Thank you for the support and please comment. :D

icekuran