Chapter (1): Our Fate

What Ties Us Together

Ella's POV:

When I first laid eyes on him, my heart skipped a beat. I know that sounded so cliche, but I felt that he was different. I don't know if I was in love at that moment, but I do know that he was someone special...someone different. He hung around with his group of friends, Aaron and Calvin, who were both part of the basketball team with him at our high school. I had absolutely nothing in common with them except...Jiro. Jiro was my childhood friend who was part of their group and he was also the one that hooked up my best friend, Hebe, with Aaron. From there, my relations with him entangled.

Who is he, you ask?

Chun. Black hair, dark eyes, and the unsociable "keep-to-himself" kind of guy. He wasn't necessarily unsociable, but most of us found him hard to approach as he transferred to our high school only a year ago. We never had a chance to talk until my best friend started dating his friend, Aaron, and Jiro merged our circle of friends together. From there, the few of us: Jiro, Hebe, Aaron, Selina, Calvin, Chun, and I started hanging out more often.

This resulted in Chun and I having moments where we were able to talk together more and actually becoming friends rather than acquaintances. From there, our friendship improved and I started realizing my feelings for him stirred. He was caring, understand, and was there for me when I needed someone. He was all ears and never judged me for the selfish things I say when I get angry. I truly considered him one of my best friends.

"Hey, Ella?"

I snapped back into reality from memory lane and looked up into a pair of dark eyes. Chun. "Y-yeah? What's up?"

"Are you okay? You seem so out of it. We're all planning to go karaoke and was wondering if you're up for it?" He looked as charming as ever and it always make me feel so proud how I'm one of the few people he actually talks to. Chun actually has a huge group of girl fans after him.

"Umm...sure! I just need to pack up my school stuff. I'll meet you guys downstairs? You can go ahead first." I started packing up my stationary, but I still felt his presence and looked up. "Is something wrong?"

"No," he smiled. "I'm going to wait for you. It won't take long anyways."

I quickly packed up my things and we both headed down to meet the others.

------------------------------------------------------------
A few months later...

"It's almost your birthday, Ella. Do you have anything you want?" Chun whispered gently in his low voice above my hair. His arms around me, making me feel so secure, as we lay in my bed cuddling. "It's our first time celebrating your birthday so you can ask for anything."

I could hear the smile in his words. I knew he was proud and excited to spoil me with gifts, but I didn't want anything. He was all I wanted and being in his arm made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I couldn't ask for more, nor did I want to. I knew, already, he was the one. He is the one.

Chun and I have dated for a few months. Our friendship had steadily strengthened and we both realized we saw each other as more than friends. Our goals, our morals, and everything just seem to fit perfectly like a puzzle. The beginning of our relationship together was no surprise to our friends as they all knew it was not long before the due date and were more than happy to hear the official news. Now, it just feels like time passed by so fast and everything feels so right.

"Ella? Anything at all?" He squeezed my shoulders.

I smiled, "Nope. I have what I wanted to most."

He shifted to look at me with a frown. I knew what he would say next, but I couldn't help myself from enjoying the cute crinkle in between his furrowed brows. "Ella, that doesn't count! If you don't let me know what you want, I'll end up getting you something weird..."

Chun already knew what I thought about love. What I hope to see in our relationship and how I view him as a life partner. He knew about my overly ambitious views on dating and, to my pleasure, he was onboard with it all. From that, I can tell he was "the one". To have accepted my bizarre ideals and overwhelming expectations from a relationship, he was the right guy.

"Chun, you can just get me anything and I will love it. You know that."

"Yeah, but I don't want you to love it because it's from me. I want you to love it because you actually love it and want it."

I threw my arms around him and laid my head on his chest for a few seconds. Ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump. I listened to his heart beat for a moment and looked up into his eyes. "I want to be with you forever. I know we've only dated for 7 months and it's early to talk about it, but I really do think everything feel so right. It's so unreal how this so perfect."

He chuckled and reached over to the counter and grabbed a candy. Chun lifted my left hand, took the candy peach ring he just grabbed, and slipped it on my ring finger. I looked up at him to see a cheeky smile. "There, for now. Are you happy with that? For now, you can hold onto that ring and when I become a doctor, I'll buy you a real ring."

My heart melted. "By then, I'll probably have dozens of proposal offers, Mr. Wu. I mean, I will be the most sought after lawyer!" I and could see his smile turn into a frown.

"No, because you're mine!" He hugged me really tight, trying not to let it go. "You will be my future wife and cook for me, bake your delicious pastries for me, and stay by my side."

"I'm not a servant..."

He laughed, "True, and you're not so good at cooking either. I'll probably be the one doing the cooking and cleaning since you're so lazy. I mean yeah you can bake, but anything nutritious? ...Nuh-uh.:

I elbowed him lightly and started eating the peach ring candy on my ring finger.

"Hey! That's your engagement ring!" Chun tried to pull my left hand away from me as I continued to finish eating the candy. He pouted when I succeeded and so I leaned over to give him a kiss.

"I love you, Chun."

"I love you more, Ella."

------------------------------------------------------------

That's the first chapter. Not much has happened, but the story will really begin in Chapter 2. Please note that things seem to have sped up quickly in order to progress to the main idea of the story. :) -hint hint- High school time isn't the real time. I am just building the back story.

Hope you have enjoyed it and comment for support.

icekuran