Being Apart

Operation Undercover 2015

Soora woke up the following morning, her head hurts. At the kitchen, she drank water to cool her down.

“Why does it hurt?” she complained and groaned after that.

 

“Morning,” Kris greeted, his voice husky and his hair was a mess. He looked hot to be exact. “Feeling better?”

“Yeah,” she smiled.

Kris, you don’t have to worry. Stop worrying so much.

 

“I’m sorry about --- yesterday. Between you and Luhan.” He wanted to turn back the time when he said that, he shouldn’t and he regretted it. She shrugged it off, like it was nothing to her. “It’s cool, it’s the past already.”

“There’s something I want to say --- I didn’t get to say it to you when we were back at the apartment.” He was eager to tell her, to tell her what he felt after weeks. She was waiting, she looked calmer than before. He was struck by her gaze, he just wants to hold her and let them collide. That was when until Himchan skipped down the stairs and greeted warmly to them and drank coffee.

Thanks a lot Himchan, Kris muttered to himself.

 

“Should we all eat outside then?” Soora implied.

 

They were enjoying the food when Himchan and Jiwon decided to go out for a while. As much as Soora denied suspecting them, by the looks of it, they had been hanging out together, primarily talking a lot together and they kept on going out a lot without Soora. But she didn’t mind --- maybe.

 

Soora ate the last sushi and finally gave up and drank her soda, Kris and Soora challenged who could eat a lot in a minute. She wasn’t competitive, but she wanted to do something different. “Do you want to walk?” he offered and Soora nodded.

 

The both of them didn’t really talk the entire time, it was awkward but Soora’s used to situations like that. There were times when their hands were brushed against each other, Kris loved that.

They enjoyed the part where the cherry blossom trees just stood there like a work of art, the pale pink flowers fall down gently and the wind blowing towards them was perfect.

 

“Oh right, what was it that you wanted to tell me back at the condo?” she remembered.

She remembered… , uh, make up an excuse! “Oh about that, nevermind.” He rubbed his nape as he sheepishly smiled.

“What? Tell me now or I’ll leave you with the pretty tress.” She pointed at them, it was weird for her to say that but it just blurted out like that. She realized that and immediately hid her face.

Kris stopped in front of her, he stared right into her soul. Okay not directly into her soul but into her eyes. “I’d rather be left in this place with you,” he sounded like he got that in a movie or a drama. “This is my chance and I can’t waste it again, you look so damn beautiful under the trees, the way you look, the way you wrinkle your nose when you are feeling irritated is cute and I find you attractive.” He paused for a moment, he laughed nervously. “I guess what I’m saying is cheesy huh? But, I like you.” He leaned closer.

 

“Kris…”

“Even when you say my name, makes me jumpy and you made it sound special.” He leaned even closer. Lucky, there were no one there to watch them or not they would’ve been a crowd and they would start cheering. “I know I’m late but…” he leaned even closer this time.

There was no reaction to Soora’s face, he thought that it was a green light and went for it. He kissed her, the kiss was different. Like, a real kiss… Not like what she felt with Luhan. It took her a few seconds to respond to the kiss, he was smiling in the middle. She did too.

 

In her mind, out all the noises going around, the sound of cars passing by, the strong wind and the sound of birds chirping --- the world was now revolved between the both of them.

 

“Kris…” she mention his name again, their foreheads stayed together. She was caressing his cheek, Kris never felt so happy in his entire life by just one girl.

How come --- How come I never felt like this with… No, I shouldn’t mention his name.

“Come on, let’s go meet the rest.” He held her hand and she pulled her away. Kris was confused, but she linked his arms instead and it made him blushed.