Fine China

Operation Undercover 2015

It was officially Soora’s first date and whatsoever, that was what Luhan stated. Because of that night where they were attacked and Luhan’s memories were erased.  

Anyway, Soora was about to go out when Jiwon stopped her. I realized Jiwon always stopped me every time I’m about to go out.  

“You really have got to stop wearing black,” Jiwon looked at her fashion-less, friend from head to toe.

“Have fun on your date, your first and last date.” Jiwon snickered. Was Soora supposed to take that as a joke or ---

“I’m kidding,” Jiwon put on her straight face. I was almost date time and Soora hurriedly sprint out, until that she bumped into Kris. She fixed her dress.

 

“Soora, going somewhere?” he asked, so pretty.

“Hey, I have a date with Luhan.” She said excitedly, she blushed when she said that and Kris liked it. “Have a great night with Luhan,” he slightly smile, but he couldn’t.

“You have a nice night with Himchan,” she said confidently and continued sprinting out the apartment. She walked down the stairs feeling awkward, that was the most awkward moment she had ever experienced. Kris on the other hand, couldn’t take it anymore. He opened the front door and closed it weakly, “What’s with the sad face?” asked Himchan, he was eating ice cream in the kitchen while watching TV in front of him. Kris walked heavily to him, “I wanna go on a date with her,” he groaned.

“Soora?”

“No, with my golden retriever!”

“Okay love bug, chill.”

“Sorry, it’s just that… I don’t know anymore.”

“You wanna go with me?” Himchan winked and made flirty gestures, but it was all worth it that made Kris’s lips to curve into a smile as he threw a pillow at his roommate.

 

At the restaurant, Soora didn’t really get Luhan’s jokes but managed to laugh at it. “You like wearing black,” he said. Soora looked at her dress and sheepishly smiled, “Yeah, I kind of do.”

“I’m sorry about Hyori,” he narrowed his eyebrows, Soora was stunned. What?

But he read her mind, “Yesterday during art, she spilled glitter all over you.” He made a tsk sound.

“It’s cool,” she sighed. Then her phone rang, she excused herself and answered. It was Uncle Jaesuk.

 

“Where are you?” he sounded tensed.

“Eating,” half lied and half true, Jaesuk shook his head. “I asked where are you not what are you doing.”

Idiot, of course, “Sorry,” she muttered.

“You, Jiwon and Himchan are going to China immediately. I have already bought the tickets.” Said Jaesuk, his voice was loud enough on the phone. Soora turned around facing the wall when she spotted Luhan looking at her.

“Huh? Why now?” that didn’t sound her at all.

“What, why now? Soora, I’ve never heard you said anything like that. You always agreed to whatever and this is part of the mission.” He was firm.

Soora was even confused herself, what was she saying. “Sorry, I’ve been too caught up lately. Alright, I’ll inform them right away.” She loosened her voice, disappointed at herself. “Good, I will tell you the details there. Agent Jihyo will already be at the airport waiting for you. I expect better from you.” He hung up, like a bomb was about to detonate inside Soora.

 

She walked backed to her date, Luhan sensed something. “Everything okay?”

“I’m going to China right now,” , why I told him that.

“China? Why so sudden?” now both of them were confused, more on Soora as tension was rising. She didn’t want to lie, she never wanted to lie the first time she met him. Soora, remember, this is a mission and the guy you have to protect now is in front of you. A very ing dangerous target.

“My aunt, she’s really sick and she is the only person I have right now.” Lie.

“Let me follow you!” he grabbed her wrist, preventing her from standing up. “No, it’s dangerous. I mean, just stay here. Don’t try following me! I will see you when I get back.” She tried pulling him away, it was hard. He looked at her like a puppy who wanted to be with her everytime she walked away, “But…” she cut him off, “If you love me, listen to what I say. It’s for your own good.”

 

“Okay, I’ll miss you.”

 

She didn’t respond to that, she quickly stood up and ran.