1

La Rivoluzione (The Revolution)

 

Pulling her hood further down to hide her face, Leah trekked through the streets of Dom which was filled with skeletally thin bodies scattered carelessly along the streets. She turned into a dark alley, occassionally glancing back to make sure that no one was following her. 

Nearing the end of the alley, she could spot a small cottage several metres away from her. in a deep breathe, she pulled her hood down. Just a few more steps before she's standing right in front of the door. 

Before she could even reach out for the door knob, someone tackled her down onto the floor. The guy had Leah trapped under him and his hands were pinning her wrists down onto the sandy ground. "Get the hell off me." Leah growled and struggled under his grip. The mysterious guy snickered. "Not until you tell me who you are and what are you here for." 

"Wh-" A familiar voice interrupted Leah. "Kai! What's going on?" Leah's head snapped towards the right when he heard Cove's voice. Cove glanced at Kai with furrowed brows before turning towards Leah. 

"L-Leah? Oh god, is that really you? Kai, get off her!" Kai scrambled off her instantly and Leah sat up with Cove's help. "What are you doing here, Leah? You... Should be in Tartarus, shouldn't you?" Leah shrugged. "I managed to escape, just like you." Cove smiled and patted her head affectionately. "You finally managed to, didn't you? Come on, let's head inside." Cove said softly while helping her up. 

Kai followed behind them, feeling a little confused. He heard Leah said that she escaped from Tartarus, just like Cove. But what on earth is Tartarus? He stopped at the door, deciding the wait for the return of the others. He jumped slightly when someone slapped his back. 

"Dude, why are you not heading in?" A deep voice asked. Kai turned around and saw Chanyeol beside him with the others trailing behind. Kai pointed at the direction of the door. "Cove... has a visitor." 

"A visitor?!" All of them chorused, for Cove claimed that she didn't have any friends apart from them and they didn't really know much about her. Kai nodded, his mind still pondering over Leah's words. "We should probably go in." Suho said calmly and stepped into the house first, with the others following behind. 

"Lay! I need your help!" Cove's voice could be heard the moment they entered the house. Lay hurried towards her side and she held out a wrist to him, which looks like it was cut open roughly and on purpose. His eyes travelled up the wrist and to the owner. Leah was staring at the ground, feeling slightly uncomfortable. Without further delay, Lay placed his palm over Leah's open wound and it closed up right in front of her eyes. 

Leah stared at her wrist in awe. Not forgetting her manners, she thanked him politely. "T-thank you." Lay bit back a smile and nodded before shuffling back to where the others stood. 

"Uh, Cove, do you mind introducing your friend over there?" Kris broke the silence. "Oh, right." Cove hit her forehead lightly and chuckled. She gestured towards Leah. "She's Leah and she's not my friend, she's my younger sister." 

Leah got up from the chair she was sitting on and bowed. "Sorry for intruding." She tore her eyes away from the ground and she met a guy's eyes. His dark brown orbs bore into hers. His stare was so intense that it sent shudders down Leah's spine. 

"Sehun, stop it. She's Cove's sister." The guy beside him hissed and elbowed him. Cove smiled. "It's okay Sehun, I understand that you are just worried and apprehensive. But she's my sister, she means no harm." Sehun nodded and mumbled, "Sorry." 

The 12 of them took turns and introduced themselves, except for Sehun. The guy who told off Sehun earlier on was Luhan. His perfect features sparked a feeling of jealousy in Leah. 

"Okay, now that the introductions are finally over, we should head to bed, it's getting late." Cove clapped and flicked her wrist in mid-air, shooing them off but none of them moved. 

"Cove, where is she sleeping tonight?" Chen asked, confused. "With me, of course." Cove replied as if that was the most obvious answer. "Cove, we are sleeping together, remember?" Kai reminded her unabashedly, earning a blush from Cove and a few snickers from the boys. "Oh, right." She rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. 

Kai sighed and glanced at Leah. "You can sleep in the room I shared with Sehun previously. No worries, Sehun won't bite." Kai teased and Cover shot him a glare, telling him to zip up. Kai kept his mouth shut instantly but the cheeky grin was still plastered on his face. 

So, it was decided that Leah will room with Sehun. The room wasn't big, it was a simple room. The two beds were placed at the extreme corners of the room, much to Leah's relief. She doubt that she will be able to survive the awkwardness if the two beds were just side by side. 

The bed stand was made of bamboos tied together securely and a mattress laid on top of it. This was definitely much better than the metal bed she slept on for the past 4 years of her life. 

A set of clothes was folded neatly and placed on her bed. She stripped off the clothes she wore and changed into the set of clothes Cove prepared for her. It was nothing fancy, just a simple white tee and a pair of jeans which fitted her snugly. 

"You can get Lay to heal those wounds on your back, you know." Sehun's voice startled her. Leah shook her head. "It's okay." Sehun's eyes were glued on her as she slipped under the thin layer of blanket and slept on her side with her back facing him. 

** 

Sehun sighed and tossed around on his bed. He couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard he tried to. He turned his head towards Leah who was now facing him. His eyes traced over her face, she looked so peaceful while sleeping. The sight of those scars on her back came back into his mind. A part of him was aching to know where did she get them from. Shaking those thoughts away, Sehun brushed a hand through his hair. 

Sehun glanced at Leah with wide eyes when he saw that her eyes were glowing. Yes, they were no longer shut and they were emitting a faint glow. With a jerk, the glow faded away and there was blood streaming out of Leah's nose. 

Leah pushed the blanket off her and rushed towards the door. Sehun pulled her back by her shoulder and shoved her against the wall. She winced at the impact but Sehun didn't notice. "What are you?" His tone was cold and hostile. 

"Let me go, Sehun! I have to get to Cove before it's too late." Leah growled. "Leah!" Hearing Cove's voice, Leah shoved Sehun off her. Cove wrapped her arms around Leah carefully and pulled her in for a hug the moment she saw her. "Cove, we have-" "Shh, I know, I know." Cove cut her off and turned towards Sehun. "Sehun, can you wake the others up? Tell them it's something important." 

Sehun nodded and head towards the rooms where the other guys were. 

Minutes later, all 14 of them were gathered in the gathering room. Leah had a damp towel pressed against her nose but blood was still flowing out non-stop. Lay wanted to help her but Cove stopped him. "It's something that you can't heal, Lay." Lay was perplexed but he didn't probe further. 

"We have to prepare ourselves, guys." Cove stated vaguely, she didn't know where to begin from. "Prepare ourselves? What for?" Xiumin questioned. "Marcus is planning to launch a attack on Dom. I have no idea why but it's definitely more serious than the mass killing that happens almost everyday." 

Chanyeol's hands were clenched tightly into fists and there was a small fire around his fists. "That bastard." 

"When is he planning to attack?" Suho asked. He seems calm but he was far from that under the pretense he put up. Cove shook her head. "I have no idea but-" 

A series of bombings cut Cove off. All of them were frozen for a few seconds as they witnessed the houses far away collapsing. No matter how inhumane Marcus was, he never ever made used of bombs. 

"Come on guys, we have to help them." Kris' voice jolted them out of their trance but Leah was already gone. Cove turned towards Sehun in a moment of panic and grabbed his arm. "Sehun, please go after Leah. If you notice that her eyes are glowing, stop her immediately." Sehun nodded, a little taken aback by the fear he detected in Cove's eyes. He grabbed his sword that was hung on the wall and rushed out of the cottage, the only thing in his mind was to find Leah and to protect her. 


 

Here's the first chapter! Do leave behind comments, ey? :D 

ENJOY~!