Episode 5

Ocean of Flowers

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Episode 5 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Days later in the Jiang Household, Dai Zang is rolling up some dough and preparing to make some rice glutton balls, Guang Ming is sitting down and helping Dai Zang also roll the balls, Tong Man is chopping wood outside, and Hua Lei is not home. As they are all working, Hua Lei comes running in screaming loudly.)

 

Hua Lei: Ming Ge Ge! Ming Ge Ge!

 

(Guang Ming turns his head to look out to see who is screaming his name. Then Hua Lei enters the room and sits down across from him breathing very hard.)

 

Guang Ming: (smiles and laughs) What is it? Why are you out of breathe for?

 

Hua Lei: Ming Ge Ge, I found out why there was a big festival for you when you came back home! I found out the reason why!

 

Guang Ming: (acting like he cares.) Oh… Is that so?

 

Hua Lei: Yeah! It was because-

 

Dai Zang: (cuts of Hua Lei.) Hua Lei, don’t you have better things to do other than run around all day? You’re not working today?

 

Hua Lei: I am; It’s time for my break so I ran back home because I found out why there was such a big festival for Ming Ge Ge when he came home.

 

Guang Ming: Please speak.

 

Hua Lei: It was that Old Ding man! That stinky Old Ding inhumane person!

 

(Tong Man, who is chopping wood outside , puts down his ax and walks leans on the door facing the inside of the hosue to listen into their conversation.)

 

Guang Ming: Old Ding?

 

Hua Lei: Yeah! That wicked man! He was telling everyone that Ming Ge Ge was raised by him and he is Ming Ge Ge’s rightful father! How can he just lie like that?! The Jade Emperor is watching from above and even the Demon Lord is watching from hell; he still has the guts to lie!

 

Guang Ming: (continuing to work and talking in an unworried tone.) If he’s being watched that closely then you should cut him some slack.

 

Hua Lei: Why should I?! He’s a liar and he’s a mean man! That’s probably why his own blood son ran away from him!

 

Dai Zang: (in a very motherly and stern tone.) Hua Lei!

 

Guang Ming: Hua Lei ah, if the Jade Emperor and the Demon Lord are both watching him, then he’s digging a hole for himself. Let him enjoy himself while he’s still alive. Anyways… Rumors are rumors; why are you getting angry over it for…

 

(Hua Lei doesn’t say anything, but sits there quietly. Tong Man walks in and sits down next to Hua Lei. Hua Lei looks down at the ground as if she’s in shame; Tong Man looks at her and laughs. He then wraps an arm around her and speaks.)

 

Tong Man: Dai Zang, wouldn’t you say that we have the best pair of children? Look; Lei Er has such a sharp tongue and most of the time she is outspoken. Ming Er on the other hand is calm and balanced. Lei Er doesn’t listen to anyone usually, but as soon as Ming Er opens up to talk she’s silent.

 

Dai Zang: (smiles softly.) That’s a good thing then isn’t it?

 

Tong Man: (laughs again.) Of course it is! (to Guang Ming.) Wouldn’t you agree Ming Er?

 

Guang Ming: (smiles happily.) Why wouldn’t I?

 

(Everyone is smiling happily except for Hua Lei who now looks like she is pouting. Tong Man then stands up and looks down at her.)

 

Tong Man: Alright then; Hua Lei, don’t you still have to get back to work? Come on; Father will walk you today.

 

(Hua Lei looks up at her Father who is waiting for her to get up.)

 

Tong Man: Come on!

 

(Hua Lei gets up also in a pouting way and walks out; Tong Man follows after her.)

 

Dai Zang: Ming Er, if you don’t mind please help your father finish chopping the wood outside.

 

Guang Ming: (nods) Mm.

 

(Guang Ming puts down some dough in his hands and he washes over to a bucket full of water. He washes his hands slowly and thinks to himself about what Hua Lei just said earlier, “He was telling everyone that Ming Ge Ge was raised by him and he is Ming Ge Ge’s rightful father!” Guang Ming looks over his shoulder to Dai Zang who is still working on her dough and thinks about how hard it has been on her to raise him. He looks towards the door thinking of how hard Tong Man has been working to also raise him and their blood daughter all at once. He turns back to look at his hands in the bucket of water and then speasks to himself.)

 

Guang Ming’s Mind: What If I has really raised by that Old Ding? I wouldn’t be in this state today. I wouldn’t have been to Zhi Guang, and would have never met Guan Ping He, Shao Gao Lie, and Tian Tie Lang; I wouldn’t have such a cute little sister. Guang Ming, all this time you have never said a single ‘thank you’ to anybody. How thankful are you?

 

(Dai Zang looks up over at Guang Ming who has been standing by the bucket of water for a while; then she calls out to him.)

 

Dai Zang: Ming Er.

 

(Guang Ming snaps out of his thoughts and looks abck at Dai Zang.)

 

Dai Zang: What’s wrong?

 

(Guang Ming shakes his head motioning a ‘no’. Dai Zang sighs softly, then she stops rolling her dough. She grabs a rag off a counter and walks over to Guang Ming offering it to him. Guang Ming grabs the rag and stares at it blankly.)

 

Dai Zang: What’s wrong?

 

Guang Ming: Mother… I… (he laughs nervously.) I was just thinking that I feel quite dirty and need to bathe.

 

Dai Zang: (smiles) Silly child; Quickly dry your hands and finish chopping your father’s wood first. Afterwards go shower and come grab some dinner and desert, okay?

 

(Guang Ming looks at Dai Zang who is still carrying a very sweet and motherly look.)

 

Guang Ming: (says nervously) Okay.

 

(Dai Zang laughs and softly hits Guang Ming on the side of his head.)

 

Dai Zang: Silly; don’t give me that look. I won’t yell at you. Go on!

 

(Dai Zang goes back and begins to roll dough again. Guang Ming stands there blankly looking at the rag in his hands. He quickly dries his hand and stuffs the rag inside his shirt then walks out to chop the wood.)

 

(Switching over to Silent Moon Sect in the Hall of Infinity again, Cheng Yu is standing in the room at the bottom of the stairs along with Xu Yi. Bai Mu Xun is standing at the top of the steps looking down at her disciples. Then, Wu Ding walks in followed by Chang Xia. When he walks in, he suddenly looks at Cheng Yu with the corner of his eyes and Cheng Yu does the same. Mu Xun notices their stares at each other and she begins to laugh loudly.)

 

Mu Xun: You guys are collaborating to finish bothjobs I have assigned; why give each other such looks?

 

(The two men break their intense stares and both look up to Mu Xun.)

 

Wu Ding: (he gets on one knee and hangs his head low.) This disciple pays his respects to First Teacher.

 

Mu Xun: Rise.

 

(Wu Ding slowly rises and looks up to his First Teacher.)

 

Wu Ding: First Teacher, what was your purpose to call us here today?

 

Mu Xun: (she looks down at Xu Yi.) Wu Xu Yi, how are your parents? I haven’t seen them for a while.

 

Xu Yi: (smiles) Reporting to First Teacher, my parents are doing fine. It’s just that my mother has fallen sick again; fortunately Second Teacher has already provided her with medication so I suspect that she’ll be good in no time.

 

Mu Xun: Good then. Xu Yi, you said that you have things to share with us; please tell us.

 

Xu Yi: Yes. First Teacher, from my observations of Ping An Town, I’m concluding that Guang Ming has returned home.

 

Chang Xia: Exactly! Guang Ming is back home now; me and Crown Prince both saw him with our own eyes.

 

Mu Xun: Don’t call him Crown Prince in my presence. He’s nothing, but a mere disciple of Silent Moon. If he really was the Crown Prince he’s supposed to be, then what is doing in a sect like this?

 

(Chang Xia doesn’t answer and Wu Ding sighs angrily.)

 

Mu Xun: (she sighs like she’s inpatient.) Wu Ding, did you two really see him?

 

Wu Ding: Yes.

 

Mu Xun: Servants!

 

(At her call, two young girls hurry in at the bottom of the steps and bow to her also hanging their heads.)

 

Servant 4: First Teacher?

 

Mu Xun: Find Miss Xiang for me.

 

Servant 4: Yes.

 

(Servant 4 and 5 both walk out. The room is filled with nothing else, but tense and anger. The four men at the bottom of the steps all stand quietly and take little peeks at each other ebery now and then. Mu Xun is standing at the top of the stairs still with her eyes closed and her hand in a fist up against her forehead like she’s in a thinking mode. Seconds later, a fairly beautiful young lady enters the room. She stands at the door and takes a look at Xu Yi’s backview, which is facing her, then she walks over next to him and she kneels down on one knee and hangs her head.)

 

Huo Mi: Disciple Xiang Huo Mi pays her respects to First Teacher.

 

Mu Xun: Rise.

 

(Huo Mi smiles and rises. She takes another look at Xu Yi who is also looking at her, but trying to be slick. When their eyes meet, Xu Yi smiles softly and turns back to look at Mu Xun. Huo Mi also smiles and turns to Mu Xun.)

 

Mu Xun: Huo Mi, I need you to do a quick favor for me.

 

Huo Mi: (smirks) First Teacher, you should know as a fact that I’m indeed the quickest and fastest disciple in Silent Moon right?

 

Mu Xun: Of course I know; if I didn’t I wouldn’t have called you.

 

(Huo Mi smiles and stays silent.)

 

Mu Xun: Head over to Zhi Guang and snatch Li Su for a moment.

 

Huo Mi: As you wish.

 

(Huo Mi smirks and takes another look at Xu Yi who is not looking at her this time and she quickly walks out. After she walks out, Mu Xun looks straight to Xu Yi with a death look.)

 

Mu Xun: Wu Xu Yi.

 

Xu Yi: Here.

 

Mu Xun: Affairs between you and Xiang Huo Mi, keep it outside of this room.

 

Xu Yi: (he hangs his head) Yes…

 

(Mu Xun turns her face away in disgust and everyone in the room continues to have a very awkward and quiet time. Seconds later Huo Mi comes in followed by Li Su; they both stand at the door and look at Mu Xun.)

 

Huo Mi: First Teacher, Li Su is here.

 

Mu Xun: I know. (there’s silence and tenseness again.) Li Su, come in.

 

(Li Su hesitates at first, then he walks in slowly and stands next to the four guys who are already in the room. Huo Mi stands by the door watching.)

 

Mu Xun: (to Li Su.) Who let you stand?

 

(Li Su is scared and he obeys orders; he gets down on one knee, hangs his head, and greets Mu Xun.)

 

Li Su: Li Su pays respects to First Teacher.

 

(Mu Xun has no response to him; Li Su looks up at his teacher wondering why she hasn’t allowed him to stand up yet. The other four guys are all looking at him, so he looks over to Cheng Yu giving him the “help me out” look. Cheng Yu looks at Li Su for a bit, then looks down at his other knee that isn’t on the ground; Afterwards, Cheng Yu quickly looks away and Li Su looks down at his own knee that was still raised.)

 

Li Su’s Mind: She wants me to set both knees down…?

 

(Li Su sets both his knees down the ground and greets Mu Xun again.)

 

Li Su: Li Su pays his respects to-

 

Mu Xun: (cuts off Li Su) Save your nonsense.

 

(There is an intense silence again.)

 

Li Su: First Teacher, I can explain what went wrong. It was-

 

Mu Xun: (cuts him off again, but in an angrier tone.) Did I let you speak?

 

Li Su: (talks in shame.) No…

 

Mu Xun: Then why are you speaking out of turn for? (sighs) How disrespectful…

 

(There’s another tense silence, then Mu Xun speaks.)

 

Mu Xun: (to Li Su) So tell me, where is Guang Ming now?

 

Li Su: (hesitates) He… He…

 

Mu Xun: (in annoyed voice) Wu Ding.

 

(She’s telling Wu Ding to share Guang Ming’s whereabouts.)

 

Wu Ding: First Teacher, Guang Ming is back in Ping An with his parents and our target, Jiang Hua Lei.

 

Mu Xun: Li Su, do you find anything strange about this? If that rascal was arranged to win the competition like you said, then why would he be spotted back in his home town, can you answer that?

 

Li Su: First Teacher, it was really arranged that he will be the victor. However, I didn’t think that that rascal will have plans of his own already. He… He defeated everyone there, but lost deliberately loss to another student.

 

Mu Xun: Deliberately?

 

Li Su: Yes. Guang Ming’s martial skills are about equal with his opponent; he lost on purpose to avoid the Imperial court.

 

Wu Ding: First Teacher, may this disciple have a word?

 

Mu Xun: Go ahead.

 

Wu Ding: (he looks over to Li Su and smirks then he looks at Mu Xun.) If I’m not mistaken, I witnessed that bastard perform skills of Silent Moon Sect. Chang Xia saw it himself too; why don’t you have Li Su explain this? Unless… (Wu Ding looks over to Li Su giving him a taunting look.) He’s trying to avoid this concept, then I’m sorry for sharing with everyone here.

 

Mu Xun: (chuckles evily.) Really? Li Su, do you have anything to add to this?

 

(Li Su, who is still kneeling on both his knees, immediately lowers into a kowtow position.)

 

Li Su: First Teacher! Please spare me! It was my fault! I was afraid that Guang Ming wasn’t going to be able to defeat his opponent since they’re skills were so close. I had no choice, but to teach him a set of our skills; it was going to guarantee his victor.

 

Mu Xun: Well… He’s not the Martial Scholar… Is he?

 

Li Su: (takes a moment to answer) No…

 

(Mu Xun sighs in a very disappointing tone.)

 

Mu Xun: You failed your mission… And you taught an outsider our skills. Where do you even qualify to be in Silent Moon?

 

Li Su: I’m sorry First Teacher; please spare me.

 

(Mu Xun stands silently and closes her eyes as if she’s thinking. The room is still very tense, then Mu Xun speaks.)

 

Mu Xun: Huo Mi, kill him.

 

(Remember! Huo Mi is still standing by the door the entire time.)

 

(Huo Mi is quite shocked and quickly takes a look at Li Su; she can’t believe her First Teacher just asked her to kill another disciple. She just stands there all flabbergasted.)

 

Mu Xun: Huo Mi, not obeing my orders?

 

(Huo Mi stands still with the same shocked expression, but she’s now looking off to nowhere like she’s debating in her mind whether or not she should kill Li Su. Mu Xun becomes impatient and then speaks.)

 

Mu Xun: Fine then; you can’t kill him.

 

(Mu Xun slowly begins to walk down the steps.)

 

Mu Xun: He failed his mission… and he also taught our enemy our own skills. He even has the face to come in here try to keep it from me; Xiang Huo Mi…

 

(Mu Xun walks over and stands in front of Huo Mi’s face. But Mu Xiang steps in pulls Huo Mi behind her.)

 

Mu Xiang: (in a demanding tone) Jie…

 

Mu Xun: (slightly angered tone) Mu Xiang? What are you doing here for? I didn’t ask for your presence.

 

Mu Xiang: (referring to Huo Mi) What has Mi Er done wrong?!

 

Mu Xun: Ask her yourself.

 

(Mu Xun turns her back to Mu Xiang and begins walking up the stairs again. Mu Xiang takes a look at everyone in the room and she turns to Huo Mi.)

 

Mu Xiang: Are you okay?

 

(Huo Mi shakes her head motioning that she is fine.)

 

Mu Xiang: Huo Mi, tell Second Teacher; what happened? Why are they all here for?

 

Huo Mi: Second Teacher, they…

 

(Li Su hesitates and looks at Li Su who is still in a kowtow position, but his head is turned looking at Mu Xiang.)

 

Huo Mi: (in a panicky voice) Second Teacher, Li Su is has been ordered to be killed by First Teacher…

 

(Mu Xun, who is now at the top of the steps, sit down and chuckles loudly. MuXiang looks over her shoulder at Li Su and then she turns to Huo Mi.)

 

Mu Xiang: You can go.

 

Huo Mi: (in a surprised voice) Second Teacher…

 

Mu Xiang: Go! Unless you want to be accountable for Li Su.

 

(Huo Mi looks at her Second Teacher very wide-eyed, then she bows her head and walks out. Mu Xiang turns around and exchanges looks of disagreement and anger with Mu Xun. Then Mu Xiang walks over to Li Su and pulls him up off the ground. Li Su quickly pulls himself out of his teacher’s hands and gets back down in kow tow position.)

 

Li Su: No! I can’t get up! If I get up now, First Teacher will kill me! I must kowtow until she forgives me!

 

Mu Xiang: Li Su, I understand that she’s our teacher; but am I not one of them too?

 

(Li Su looks up at Mu Xiang with a sparkle of hope in his eyes. Mu Xiang once again grabs his arms and help him stand.)

 

Mu Xiang: Come on.

 

(Li Su stands up and immediately turns to face Mu Xun.)

 

Li Su: First Teacher, please spare me…

 

[For anyone that’s curious, Li Su is an older man. Cheng Yu is in his 20s; Wu Ding is 18; Xu Yi is about 18 or 19; Chang Xia is in his mid-20s. Huo Mi is abour 17 or 16. Guang Ming is 19; Hua Lei and Tao Hua are 17; Chen Xiang is 18; Mu Xun and Mu Xiang are around their late 20s; and Li Su is in his mid 30s.]

 

Mu Xiang: Li Su, you can leave too.

 

Li Su: (he looks at Mu Xiang in astonishment.) Second Teacher?!

 

Mu Xiang: (she looks at the other four men the room.) You all leave; I want to speak with your First Teacher.

 

(Mu Xiang gives Mu Xun a death look and Mu Xun smiles tauntingly.)

 

(Wu Ding, Cheng Yu, Chang Xia, and Xu Yi all walk out after a couple of seconds. Li Su stands there watching the four young men walk out in disbelief.)

 

Mu Xiang: Li Su, are you not going yet?

 

(Li Su looks at his Second Teacher, then bows his head to her and slowly walks out. He closes the doors as he walks out.)

 

(Mu Xiang watches Li Su leave, then immediately turns to Mu Xun. Mu Xun is now already walking down the steps towards Mu Xiang.)

 

(Back at the Jiang Household, dinner has just finished and everyone is getting ready to sleep. Guang Ming however, is washing dishes outside. He  is still silent and thinking about how he isn’t grateful towards Tong Man and Dai Zang while Hua Lei is still out working. After he’s done washing the dishes, Guang Ming returns to his room. Dai Zang and Tong Man as usual, are cleaning and polishing up the house before they go to bed. Guang Ming sits on his bed quietly, and after a while he gets out of his room and walks into the room where Dai Zang and Tong Man are in. Dai Zang is using those feather dusters to dust something high in the house and Tong Man is holding a chair for to stand on. Guang Ming enters with a very guilty look on his face.)

 

Guang Ming: Mother… Father…

 

(Guang Ming immediately gets down on his knees. Dai Zang and Tong Man are shocked; Dai Zang quickly climbs off the chair and sets her duster down. She walks quickly to Guang Ming and rises him up; Tong Man also rises Guang Ming up.)

 

Dai Zang: Son, what are you doing? If there’s anything, just say it.

 

(Guang Ming stands for a couple seconds with tears in his eyes, then he quickly gets back down on his knees. Dai Zang squats down next to him and grabs his arm.)

 

Dai Zang: (in a very worried voice) Ming Er, what is wrong?

 

Tong Man: Ming Er, what exactly are you doing?

 

Guang Ming: Mother, Father; I’m not a good son. I’m not filial towards the only people who were willing to accept me. I’m only an orphan that was blessed to be saved by a good family; yet I have never thanked you guys for doing so. You guys raised me, took care of me, fed me, clothed me, and even sent me to school. I owe you guys too much, but I have never mentioned a ‘thank you’ at all. (In a sad and almost crying voice) How can I be so shameful…?

 

(Tong Man stands there quietly just looking at Guang Ming and Dai Zang breaks into tears. She pulls Guang Ming into her arms and hugs him.)

 

Dai Zang: What are you saying my son? We’re willing to do this for your good.

 

(Guang Ming slowly pulls away from Dai Zang and looks at her. There’s a trail of tears now on his cheeks.)

 

Guang Ming: Mother, it’s not because of willing ness. I know that it’s an obligation…

 

Dai Zang: (shakes her head in a no motion.) It’s not obligation; it’s for your own good.

 

(Tong Man takes a deep breath and then speaks to Dai Zang.)

 

Tong Man: Dai Zang, may you leave us alone for a moment?

 

(Dai Zang looks over to Tong Man and then back at Guang Ming. She slowly stands up and walks out of the house to leave her husband in son in privacy.)

 

After she leaves, Tong Man goes and sits down at the kitchen table leaving Guang Ming still kneeling on the ground. Tong Man pours himself some tea from the pot sitting on the table and he drinks it. After a couple seconds of silence Tong Man speaks.)

 

Tong Man: Guang Ming, come sit here.

 

(Guang Ming looks up at Tong Man as Tong Man once again pours another cup of tea. Guang Ming continues to sit down on the ground. After Tong Man is finished pouring the cup of tea, he looks over to Guang Ming and sighs then he gets up and walks over to Guang Ming and picks him up from the ground.)

 

Tong Man: You’re my son; don’t ever kneel to anyone unless you absolutely need to.

 

(Tong Man bends down and begins to brush Guang Ming’s knees to get rid of the dirt that was caught on his clothes. Guang Ming watches as Tong Man brushes off the dirt. Afterwards, Tong Man returns to the table, but Guang Ming remains standing; Tong Man looks back at Guang Ming and sighs again.)

 

Tong Man: (in a calm voice) Have a seat; if there’s anything, we’ll discuss it.

 

Guang Ming: Father… I-

 

Tong Man: (in a fatherly and demanding tone) Ming Er, father wants you to take a seat now.

 

(Guang Ming doesn’t move, but he eventually does after a couple seconds. He slowly walks over to the table and sits across from Tong Man. When he finally sits, Tong Man hands him a cup of tea; Guang Ming looks over to his father, then he takes the cup from Tong Man and drinks it in one gulp. Afterwards, Tong Man just looks at Guang Ming and sighs.)

 

Tong Man: (in a calm and relaxed voice) Ming Er ah, so what have you been thinking of lately?

 

(Guang Ming takes a couple of moments to speak, but he never looks up. He stares blankly at tabletop. Tong Man just stares at Guang Ming waiting for an answer.)

 

Guang Ming: Father… Hua Lei mentioned that Uncle Ding told everyone he raised me; And that he’s my rightful father.

 

Tong Man: (in an assuring voice.) Guang Ming, small matters like this shouldn’t be bothered with.

 

Guang Ming: Father, have you ever thought about this: what if you and Mother didn’t take me in? What if Uncle Ding was the one to raise me? Where would I be now if the Jiangs didn’t adopt me? I wouldn’t have been able to attend school, or a simple mantou bun I wouldn’t get to taste. Earlier, I was washing my hands to finish chopping your wood for you; Mother came over and helped my dry off my hands like I was a kid. I finally realized how much I’ve taken for granted, and I’ve never said a single ‘thanks’; yet you and Mother don’t seem to mind. And that makes me all the more feel guilty for my own actions.

 

(Tong Man listens carefully; when Guang Ming stops talking, Tong Man gets up and walks over to a window nearby. Through the window of course is the moon shining upon the earth. Tong Man turns to look at Guang Ming.)

 

Tong Man: Ming Er, come here.

 

(Guang Ming looks at Tong Man and then slowly rises and walks over to stand next to his father.)

 

Tong Man: Look, you see the moon up there?

 

(Guang Ming nods motioning a yes.)

 

Guang Ming: Mm.

 

Tong Man: The moon is like me and the sun is like your mother. She shines warmth upon you and is the light of your life. The moon represents me, even when you’re in the darket hours, I’ll always light a way for you to follow. The day is our love; we both contribute equally and we help each other to provide the best for you. The wind that blows everyday is us supporting and telling you to not give up.

 

(Tong Man turns to Guang Ming and places a hand on Guang Ming’s shoulder. Guang Ming turns to look at Tong Man and he is listening very closely.)

 

Tong Man: Guang Ming, even if you’re not our blood son, we raised you since a young age until today; you will always be our son no matter who says what and no matter what happens. We took you in not because we felt as though it was an obligation; it was because we believed you need someone better to care for you. Although you don’t ever say any words of appreciation, your mother and I know that just as long as we can get a smile out from you, then you simply appreciate it already.

 

(Guang Ming stands there just looking at his father, then he speaks.)

 

Guang Ming: Father, I-

 

Tong Man: Ming Er, don’t think too much. Heaven has its own ways of arranging things; it must have been fate for us to meet like this. Your mother and I couldn’t have asked for more; you’re a very filial son Ming Er. You never question our orders and you have respect for everyone around you. You’re my good son Ming Er; a very good son.

 

(Guang Ming stands there with tears of happiness in his eyes; he struggles to let a slight smile appear on his face. Tong Man also smiles at him and then they both look out the window towards the moon.)

 

(Now in Dry Sun Village, Tao Hua just finished putting her father to bed. She just finished tucking him in; then she gets up from his bedside and she walks over to the door of their house. She takes one look at her father’s bedroom door and she makes her way out of the village into the darkness of the night.)

 

(At Cheng Yu’s home, he just finished hanging some wet clothes on a long vertical bamboo stick when he notices a black figure from the corner of his eyes. Cheng Yu turns his attention to the figure and he sees a girl walking with a very quick pace towards Cheng Guang City. Cheng Yu gets curious and begins to tail her. As he’s following her, she gets the feeling that someone is actually tailing her. Tao Hua turns around and scans the area; Cheng Yu stays low and before she turned around, he quietly crawls into a field of tall grass. Cheng Yu notices that it’s Tao Hua’s face and he was shocked in some way.When Tao Hua convinces herself that no one is following her, she continues on her way again. Cheng Yu becomes suspicious of why would she be out like that and he also continues to follow her. When Tao Hau gets to town, she walks around for a moment then enters a brothel. Cheng Yu, who is keeping a distance and watching her, immediately thinks to himself why would she be in a brothel for. Cheng Yu then decides to go back home and just wait for her to return.)

(The brothel is three stories high; the first story is just drinking and girls, second story is drinking with girls and entertainment, and the then third story is the rooms for love-making. It is filled with many rich men and many beautiful young ladies ranging from the ages 15-25; the name of this brothel is known as Feng Xi Brothel (Crazy Happiness). As Tao Hua enters the brothel, she runs straight up to the second story and disappears behind a piece of red cloth that is blocking a doorway.)

 

(Tao Hua runs behind a screen and she begins to change quickly.)

 

e 1: (in an attidtudy voice) Tao Hua, why are you always here late?! You shouldn’t even be working here if that’s how you behave!

 

e 2: How useless!

 

Prostitue 1: Exactly.

 

(An elder aged woman walks in and all the girls who are getting ready to go out all look at her and greet her. She looks towards the screen that Tao Hua is behind and she speaks.)

 

Mu Ping: Tao Hua, are you all done yet?

 

e 2: Lady Boss, she came late today! How do you expect her to be ready in such a short time?!

 

Mu Ping: (to Prostitue 2) Did anyone ask for you to speak?

 

e 2: (she turns her face away in shame) No…

 

Mu Ping: (turns back to look at the screen that Tao Hua is dressing behind.) Tao Hua…?

 

(Tao Hua comes out behind the screen with a light green, yellow, and white flowly and think outfit; her hair is all down and nothing has been styled, even her make up hasn’t been applied yet. She looks at Mu Ping and also greets her.)

 

Tao Hua: Greetings to Lady Boss.

 

(Mu Ping studies Tao Hua’s look and she walks over to Tao Hua; pulling Tao Hua by the arm she makes Tao Hua sit down infront of one of those orangish mirrors and begins to do Tao Hua’s hair. As she is doing this, she calls out to all the other girls in the room.)

 

Mu Ping: (referring to e 1 and 2) Yu Ti, Jing Yue; All of you get changed into dresses similar to Tao Hua’s costume.

 

(Tao Hua looks through the mirror at Mu Ping who is still working on her hair.)

 

e 1: But Lady Boss, I was supposed to lead the performance today!

 

Prostitue 3: Yeah, it’s not fair that you just remove her like that!

 

Mu Ping: I’m the boss here.

 

(Mu Ping is finished with Tao Hua’s hair because it’s a very simple updo. She then turns around to face the three complaining girls.)

 

Mu Ping: Dressing up or not is not my problem; However, it does determine whether or not you’ll be pleasing rich men tonight.

 

(Mu Ping turns back to Tao Hua and grabs a brush off the table in front of Tao Hua that the mirror sits on. She grabs a brush and begins painting in Tao Hua’s eyebrows. The other girls pout angrily and all go change their clothes.)

 

(Skipping to the main performance of the night; Tao Hua is performing beautifully on a stage with the other girls as her background dancers. Tao Hua’s movements are swift and flowly just like a river. Every movement she makes draws the men who are drinking towards her; they all look at her intensly and discuss amongst each other trying to guess her price for a night.)

 

(Later on that night, Tao Hua is finally off work and heading home; she waits at the egde of the town that leads to Ping An. Dry Sun Village is about three miles further than Ping An from Cheng Guang City. A couple minutes pass by and Hua Lei comes walking away from the city and towards Tao Hua. When Hua Lei reaches Tao Hua, the two friends walk together home. The road is dark and no lanterns are around to light up the way, the only light they have is the moonlight shining above. On both sides of the road is some tall green grass and the road in the middle is nothing, but dirt. As they’re walking home together, Tao Hua immediately stops walking and stands very still like she’s trying to listen to something. Hua Lei turns around to look at Tao Hua.)

 

Hua Lei: Tao Hua, what is it?

 

(Hua Lei walks back to Tao Hua.)

 

Tao Hua: I think I can hear footsteps trailing us.

 

Hua Lei: Footsteps?

 

(Hua Lei scans the area quickly with her eyes and she spots a two daggers coming straight for her. Hua Lei quickly bends backwards and the daggers fly right passing her towards Tao Hua. Tao Hua jumps up and uses her foot to kick the blunt side of the daggers sending them to fall flat on the ground. As the two girls come together and stand back to back, four mysterious men in black and equipped with swords come out of nowhere and surround them.)

 

Hua Lei: Who are you guys?!

 

(No one answers, but all four men jump in and begin to attack them. They fight for a good three to four minutes; Hua Lei fights with two men and as they’re fighting, Hua Lei’s palm gets cut by one of the guy’s sword.  Hua Lei falls back a little and she looks at her hand which blood is already dripping from; as she is distracted by her hand, she gets kicked right in the chest by the same guy to slashed her and then she falls on the ground. Tao Hua sees this and trys to help.)

 

Tao Hua: (in a concerned voice) Hua Lei!

 

(One guy swings his sword at her; she dogdges the swing and grabs ahold othe man’s wrist. She then uses all her strenghth and pulls the man to be ear-to-ear with her. Tao Hua then leans over until her chest is facing the ground and she kick one of her legs back and nails the man straight in the face with her foot. The man falls onto the ground and Tao Hua proceeds over to help Hua Lei, but another man kconks Tao Hua back when he uses the blunt side of his sword and smacks Tao Hua in the stomach with it.)

 

(Back to Hua Lei, she is still down, but she’s using her legs to fight off one of the guys. As she’s fighting and her foot gets stepped on by the man she’s fighting, a young hero comes out of nowhere and kicks that guy off of Hua Lei. The bad man falls over to the ground, but the young hero pays no attention to Hua Lei; she can’t even see his face clearly. The young hero goes over and helps Tao Hua; after they both defeat the enemies and the enemies are hurt, they all run off. Tao Hua runs over to Hua Lei who is still sitting on the ground. Tao Hua kneels down next to her.)

 

Tao Hua: (in a concerned voice) Hua Lei, are you okay?

 

Hua Lei: I’m fine… It’s just… my foot is hurting.

 

Tao Hua: Your foot?

 

(Tao Hua looks at Hua Lei’s foot and she grabs it to check it. When Tao Hua grabs it, Hua Lei screams in pain and Tao Hua softly places her foot back down.)

 

Tao Hua: does it hurt that much?

 

(Hua Lei nods and then Tao Hua looks up and she looks like she’s searching for someone.)

 

Tao Hua: Chen Xiang! Chen Xiang where did you go?!

 

(Chen Xiang walks out of tall grass and towards Tao Hua.)

 

Chen Xiang: They’re gone now.

 

(Chen Xiang sees that the girl on the ground is holding her leg so he walks over and kneels down next to Tao Hua.)

 

Chen Xiang: What happened to her?

 

Tao Hua: She hurt her foot.

 

(Chen Xiang looks at Hua Lei and just grabs her foot; Hua Lei yells in pain and because some guy she doesn’t know is touching her. Hua Lei immediately has enough power to pull her leg agay from him. It surprises Tao Hua and Chen Xiang because… isn’t her foot supposed to be hurting?)

 

Hua Lei: (to Chen Xiang) Who are you?! Why are you touching me?!

 

Chen Xiang: (in a raised voice) me? I-

 

Tao Hua: (cuts off Chen Xiang) He’s a good friend of mine. His name is Yanfu Chen Xiang, please don’t mind him.

 

(Hua Lei looks at Chen Xiang in a very angry manner and so is Chen Xiang. Chen Xiang turns away to look into the empty night sky and speaks.)

 

Chen Xiang: I say that since she’s feeling all better now, maybe you two should get going. Someone that claims she’s hurt, but still has the strength to scream and pull her leg away form a person that’s trying to help her is obviously asking for attention only; and should not get any.

 

Hua Lei: Hmm! Says the one who’s trying to be a hero and save someone!

 

(Hua Lei gets up and she tries to walk away, but she stumbles back down.)

 

Chen Xiang: What did I say; she’s perfectly fine to travel alone!

 

Tao Hua: Hua Lei, just let Chen Xiang carry you home alright?

 

Hua Lei: (to Tao Hua) Why can’t you carry me?!

 

Tao Hua: I-

 

Chen Xiang: (cuts off Tao Hua) Okay!

 

(Chen Xiang walks over to Hua Lei and squats down infront of her.)

 

Chen Xiang: You, stop being such a hardhead; when I’m still being nice and offering you help then happily accept it.

 

Hua Lei: (a voice of disbelief) Offer me help? Since when did YOU offer me help?!

 

Chen Xiang: Right now.

 

(Chen Xiang turns his back to Hua Lei meaning for her to climb on and he’ll carry her.)

 

Chen Xiang: Get on.

 

Hua Lei: I get on?! Keep dreaming!

 

(Chen Xiang sighs of impatience. Tao Hua watches them as they bicker and them she finally speaks.)

 

Tao Hua: Jiang Hua Lei! You’re hurt already might as well let him carry you back home just for tonight; it’s just for a mere moment, there’s no need to make such a big deal out of it.

 

Chen Xiang: Exactly!

 

Hua Lei: No! I will never let this good-for-nothing touch me!

 

Chen Xiang: You- Fine then! We’ll just leave you out here for foxes to eat; or who knows you may get lucky and dogs will eat you instead.

 

(Tao Hua looks at Chen Xiang with disbelief; Chen Xiang gets up and begins walking away.)

 

Chen Xiang: Come on Tao Hua!

 

(Tao Hua looks at Hua Lei who is super angry and then she gets up and runs after Chen Xiang. When Tao Hua catches up to him, she stands in front of him blocking his way to move forward.)

 

Tao Hua: Hey! We can’t just leave her like this; she’s like my sister, she’s my best friend!

 

Chen Xiang: (sighs quickly and talks calmly) Aiya Tao Hua, the point of doing this is to get her scared and ask for our help. Can’t you just play along?

 

Tao Hua: But according to her temper at the moment she wouldn’t bother asking for help even if it was the end of the world.

 

Chen Xiang: How about this, let’s just walk a couple steps ahead and see if she’ll call for us alright?

 

Tao Hua: No way! You have to go back and help her!

 

Chen Xiang: Tao Hua ah-

 

Tao Hua: (cuts off Chen Xiang) Go! You were the one that got her mad so you should be the one to make her happy again. Don’t you always talk about being nice and helpful?

 

Chen Xiang: (in a complaining tone) But I already did all that and she didn’t cooperate?!

 

(Tao Hua just looks at Chen Xiang with a serious look; Chen Xiang sighs softly.)

 

Chen Xiang: Alright then, alright then.

 

(Chen Xiang looks back to where Hua Lei is still sitting.)

 

Chen Xiang: (to Tao Hua) Just this one time.

 

(Chen Xiang walks back over to Hua Lei and squats back down in front of her.)

 

Chen Xiang: (to Hua Lei in a nice and caring voice) Come on; you can’t just sit out here.

 

Hua Lei: Why should I go with you?

 

Chen Xiang: Because I’m a good friend of Tao Hua. Tao Hua said that you two are like sisters; if you trust her and she trusts me, then you should trusts me as well. I’m her friend and you’re also her friend, would I dare to hurt her best friend? Hmm?

 

(Hua Lei doesn’t answer and she just looks back at Tao Hua. Chen Xiang turns his back to Hua Lei again.)

 

Chen Xiang: (he pats his back) Come on.

 

(Hua Lei turns to look at Chen Xiang with a bit of frustration on her face, then she slowly climbs on. Chen Xiang waits for her to be on his back, then he gets up and the three of them continue on home. They three of them all make their firsts top at Hua Lei’s home. Chen Xiang is still carrying Hua Lei on his back and Tao Hua is walking next to him. As they all approach the house, the door is closed already.)

 

Chen Xiang: Huh? Why is the door closed? Could they all be asleep already?

 

Tao Hua: (she’s thinking) Possibly.

 

(Tao Hua walks over to the door and knocks on it. No one answers the first time, but when Tao Hua knocks again for the second time Dai Zang opens the door.)

 

Dai Zang: (to Tao Hua) Tao Hua? It’s so late already. What are you doing out here still?

 

Tao Hua: Jiang Mommy…

 

(Tong Man walks over and looks over Dai Zang’s shoulder; he looks right past Tao Hua and sees Hua Lei being carried by Chen Xiang and she’s hurt. Tong Man gently moves Dai Zang aside and walks out.)

 

Tong Man: (to Chen Xiang) Young man, what happened to my daughter?

 

Chen Xiang: She-

 

Hua Lei: (cuts off Chen Xiang) Daddy, I just hurt my foot; it’s nothing big.

 

(Tong Man looks at Hua Lei, then at Chen Xiang like he thinks that Chen Xiang caused her injury.)

 

Tong Man: (to Hua Lei.) Come on.

 

(Tong Man helps Hua Lie get off Chen Xiang and helps hold her inside the house. Chen Xiang and Tao Hua follow them inside and Dai Zang closes the door after they all enter. Tong Man helps Hua Lei sit down and then he kneels next to her foot and he takes off her shoes. Hua Lei’s foot is actually bruised and it’s swollen really bad. Tong Man looks up at his daughter again demanding for an answer.)

 

Dai Zang: Hua Lei, what happened?

 

(Dai Zang also kneels down next to Tong Man and they both observe her foot.)

 

Hua Lei: I… I was just coming home from work and I… I slipped on a rock. It was dark and I couldn’t see.

 

(Tong Man doesn’t look like he believes her story.)

 

Tong Man: Then what about this young man and Tao Hua? Why are they here then?

 

Hua Lei: they… They were…

 

Chen Xiang: (to Tong Man) Uncle, I’m a friend of Tao Hua’s and we were out together exploring Cheng Guang. We just stumbled upon her while I was walking Tao Hua home and we helped take her home.

 

(Tong Man’s face still obviously knows that the kids are lying. Tong Man sighs in disappointment because their lying skills are so poor then he picks up Hua Lei’s foot and examines it. Hua Lei’s face kind of squints when he picks up her foot; Tong Man is in deep though for a bit, then he turns to Dai Zang.)

 

Tong Man: (in a calm voice) Dai Zang, please go and prepare a pot of boiling water for me.

 

(Dai Zang nods and quickly goes off to boil water. Tong Man goes back to examining Hua Lei’s foot, then he turns to look at Tao Hua and Chen Xiang. Tong Man looks at them back and forth until it gets a bit awkward, then he calls out to his son.)

 

Tong Man: Ming Er! Ming Er come over here!

 

(Guang Ming comes out from his room in a thin layer of clothes that is used to sleep in.)

 

Guang Ming: (in a playful voice) What is it?

 

(Guang Ming looks around at everyone who’s in the room, then he looks at Hua Lei who’s sitting at the table. He walks over to her quickly.)

 

Guang Ming: (in a playful voice again) Lei Er, why are you home so late today?

 

Hua Lei: Ming Ge Ge, I was still-

 

(While she was speaking, Guang Ming looks down and sees her foot which is injured and his father is sitting there just looking at him. Guang Ming look up at Hua Lei which cuts off her talking because his expression makes her confused.)

 

Hua Lei: Ge Ge, what’s wrong?

 

Guang Ming: “What’s wrong?” What happened to you?

 

Hua Lei: I…

 

(Hua Lei looks down at her foot then back to Guang Ming.)

 

Hua Lei: I just slipped on a rock.

 

Guang Ming: Lei Er, I don’t think a rock can do that kind of injury.

 

Hua Lei: But Ming Ge Ge-

 

Tong Man: (cuts them off) alright, alright. You two can settle this later. Ming Er, I need you to do a favor for me.

 

(Guang Ming looks at Hua Lei for a bit, then turns to his father.)

 

Guang Ming: What is it?

 

Tong Man: Ming Er, I need you to go to Physician Feng and ask him for Red Leaves of Ghost Mountain.

 

Guang Ming: Red Leaves of Ghost Mountain? What is that?

 

Tong Man: Red Leaves of Ghost Mountain has been known to be able to treat anything in the world. It’s best fitted for severe injuries that can lead to death.

 

Guang Ming: (in a shocked voice) Severe injuries that can lead to death? So… Lei Er… She’s… She’s going to…

 

Tong Man: (sighs) No, no, no. Her foot is severely injured and probably can’t be fixed anytime soon. It probably won’t even be able to heal on it’s own.

 

Tao Hua: Uncle Jiang, wouldn’t normal herbs work? Why do we need to ask Physician Feng for?

 

Tong Man: You guys are young; you won’t understand.

 

(Tong Man looks back to Guang Ming.)

 

Tong Man: You’re her older brother; I’m counting on you. Go and seek Physician Feng quickly.

 

(Tong Man walks out of the room leaving the four kids standing there quietly.)

 

(The day afterwards, Guang Ming is out fishing with his father for money. As he is fishing with his father, there is a sudden sound coming from some bushes across the river they’re fishing in. Being curious, Guang Ming crosses over when his father isn’t paying too much attention; he gets into a squatting position and he uses his hands to push open a spot in the bushes enough for his eyes to see through. Guang Ming sees a young man who appears to be talking with a bunch of ninja looking people. He continues to look as the young man hands them a rolled up letter and the ninjas take off. Afterwards, the young man turns around ands cans the area to make sure no one is watching, but he manages to not see Guang Ming; That young man is Wu Ding. Guang Ming immediately thinks to himself, “What is a Crown Prince really doing with those kinds of people?” Then, Wu Ding thinks that no one saw so he also takes off, but in another direction. Guang Ming then sits there quietly just thinking to himself, then his father calls over to him.)

 

Tong Man: Guang Er !

 

(Guang Ming immediately turns around and faces his father.)

 

Tong Man: What are you doing over there?! Come help me fish!

 

Guang Ming: Oh… Okay!

 

(Guang Ming gets up and walks quickly to begin fishing again. Tong Man watches Guang Ming as he fishes then he speaks.)

 

Tong Man: Ming Er, have you talked to Physician Feng yet?

 

Guang Ming: Not yet. I was going to see him later today since it was too late yesterday.

 

Tong Man: (nods) Okay.

 

(Later when they get home, Guang Ming walks out of his room after he has bathed and steps out of the house to go see Physician Feng. As he’s walking out, Tao Hua and Cheng Yu are also walking in.)

 

Tao Hua: Hey, Guang Ming! Where are you going? Where’s Hua Lei?

 

Guang Ming: I’m going to find Physician Feng; Hua Lei is resting inside. Why are you here?

 

Tao Hua: Oh, I came to find her.

 

Guang Ming: (looks at Cheng Yu) Oh… She’s inside.

 

Cheng Yu: (smiles) Bailizuo Cheng Yu greets… uh…

 

Guang Ming: Guang Ming. Nice to meet you.

 

(Cheng Yu smiles and nods.)

 

Guang Ming: (to Tao Hua) You’re not going inside?

 

Tao Hua: Uh… No, it’s okay. If she’s still resting then I won’t bother her. I’ll go with you find Physician Feng instead.

 

Guang Ming: (nods) Sure.

 

(Guang Ming, Tao Hua, and Cheng Yu all walk around town to Physician Feng’s house. When they are outside the home, Physician Feng’s wife is collecting some laundry.)

 

Guang Ming: Auntie Feng!

 

(Auntie Feng looks up at Guang Ming and smiles.)

 

Auntie Feng: Ming Er!

 

(Guang Ming walks over to her and she grabs him, examining him.)

 

Auntie Feng: Look at you! I haven’t seen you for 10 years now, but you’re still has handsome as ever.

 

Guang Ming: (laughs softly) Auntie Feng, is Uncle Feng inside?

 

Auntie Feng: (she thinks) that old man… (smiles) Oh, of course he’s inside! Come in. come in!

 

(She pulls Guang Ming inside, then turns quickly back to look at Tao Hua and Cheng Yu.)

 

Auntie Feng: Ming Er, these two are… You friends?

 

(Guang Ming smiles and nods.)

 

Auntie Feng: Oh… Alright then. You all help yourselves inside! I’ll go brew some tea for you guys.

 

(Auntie Feng walks off then the three youngsters walk inside to find Physician Feng with his back turned to them fanning a boiling pot of herbs on the stove.)

 

Physician Feng: Old Madam, please grab me some more herbs. I don’t think I put enough in the first time.

 

(When he ehars no replies, he speaks again.)

 

Physician Feng: Old Madam..

 

(He finally stands upright and turns around to look at them. A happy smile crosses his face and he sets his fan down walking over to the youngsters.)

 

Physician Feng: (he grabs Guang Ming’s shoulders.) Guang Ming Er! How long has it been since you’ve paid Uncle Feng a visit?! You used to bring me apples every week, but since you’ve been gone even you’re sister stopped bringing me apples!

 

Guang Ming: Rest assured, since I’m back now I can bring you apples again.

 

Physician Feng: Good, good. (he looks at Tao Hua and Cheng Yu who are standing behind Guang Ming.) These two are… Friends?

 

(Guang Ming nods.)

 

Physician Feng: (smiles) Good! Come, have a seat.

 

(Physician Feng and the three youngsters all take a seat at a nearby table. Physician begins to move his head around scanning the room looking for his wife.)

 

Physician Feng: Ming Er ah, have you seen my wife?

 

Guang Ming: Oh, Auntie said that she was going to brew some tea for us.

 

Physician Feng: (nods) Ohhhh, okay then.

 

Guang Ming: Uncle Feng, my father asked me to come here to ask you for a favor.

 

Physician Feng: Ah, yes your father. How’s he doing anyways?

 

Guang Ming: (smiles) he’s doing fine.

 

Physician Feng: (nods) Ohhh… Okay. So what favor did you need?

 

Guang Ming: I came to ask for some Red Leaves of Ghost Mountain from you.

 

Physician Feng: Red Leaves of Ghost Mountain? Why would your father need that for?

 

Guang Ming: My sister was badly injured by some bad people. Her foot is damaged and may not have enough energy to heal.

 

Physician Feng: Ming Er, you do realize that these Red Leaves are only used when one is near death or severly injured that can lead to a death?

 

Guang Ming: I know.

 

(Physician Feng takes a deep breathe. He gets up fron his seat and walks over to the other side of the room where there is many cabinets and chests. He opens chest to chest and cabinet to cabinet; after a while, he takes out some yellowish brownish herbs and wraps it up. He walks over to Guang Ming and hands it to him then takes a seat. Physician Feng’s face displays some kind of weird and uncomfortable expression.)

 

Guang Ming: (smiles) Thank You Uncle Feng.

 

(Guang Ming looks at Tao Hua and Cheng Yu.)

 

Guang Ming: Let’s go.

 

(the three of them begin to leave. As they walk outside, Cheng Yu stops them.)

 

Cheng Yu: Brother Guang, can I see the medication for a moment?

 

(Guang Ming looks at Cheng Yu with a confused face.)

 

Guang Ming: Why?

 

Cheng Yu: I was thinking, If you asked for red leaves, then why are the herbs givent o you yellow?

 

Tao Hua: Hey, not every herb should be taken literally; especially the color.

 

Cheng Yu: I know, but… I just find it odd.

 

(Guang Ming opens up the wrapped package and it really turns out not to be Red Leaves from Ghost Mountain.)

 

Guang Ming: (in a surpised and shocked voice) herbs for bruises and sore areas?

 

(Tao Hua and Cheng Yu both look at Guang Ming. Guang Ming wraps up the medication and turns back. He begins to walk towards Physician Feng’s home again. Tao Hua runs over to Guang Ming.)

 

Tao Hua: Guang Ming!

 

(she runs to his side and begins walking as she speaks. Cheng Yu quickly walks after them.)

 

Tao Hua: Guang Ming, how can you be sure that this isn’t it? Doesn’t herbs change colors when it’s abosorbed in hot water?

 

Guang Ming: These were the medicine that my teachers at Zhi Guang used to make us drink if we ever get hurt anywhere on our bodies; how would I not know?

 

(Tao Hua silently follows him and Cheng Yu also follows from behind. They all walk back into Physician Feng’s house. Physician Feng has his boiled pot of herbs on the table and he is studying it as his wife is standing next to him watching him.)

 

Guang Ming: Uncle Feng…

 

(Physician Feng looks up at Guang Ming.)

 

Physician Feng: Ming Er? You’re not leaving yet?

 

(Guang Ming walks over to the table where Physician Feng and his wife are. He sets the package he has down on the table slowly.)

 

Physician Feng: Ming Er ah, you don’t want these herbs?! Why are you bringing it back to me?

 

Guang Ming: Physician Feng, I came here to ask for the Red Leaves of Ghost Mountain. Why did you give me these instead?

 

Physician Feng: Ming Er, your sister just hurt her foot. Giving her Red Leaves of Ghost Mountain would be a waste of my herbs. It’ll be better for everyone if I just handed these simple herbs for her.

 

Tao Hua: Uncle, you probably don’t understand Hua Lei’s condition. Her foot is heavily injured; she can’t even take on step anywhere.

 

(Physician Feng turns his back to the youngsters and pretends like he’s busy doing something else)

 

Physician Feng: Then probably her foot is just heavily swollen.

 

Auntie Feng: Lao Ye, how can you be like this to the children? They’re here to ask for your help!

 

(Physician Feng takes a deep breathe. He turns to face the kids and then says in a serious voice.)

 

Physician Feng: Alright then. There’s no more Red Leaves here. You guys can go home now.

 

(Physician Feng exits the room slowly. But Guang Ming walks over and grabs his arm.)

 

Guang Ming: Uncle Feng! I know that you have to have some here. Please help provide me with some to help save my sister or she’ll be disabled for life.

 

Physician Feng: Guang Ming, I don’t have anymore here; how do you expect me to give it to you.

 

(Guang Ming doesn’t say anything, but looks away in disbelief and disheartenedment.)

 

(Tao Hua stands there thinking to herself, then she quickly runs out of the house.)

 

Cheng Yu: Uh, Tao Hua!

 

(Cheng Yu runs out after Tao Hua. Guang Ming watches as Cheng Yu runs out and he decides to give up. Guang Ming slowly begins to walk out the door, but he stops when he reaches the door,)

 

Guang Ming: Physician Feng, thank you for offering me the other package. I appreciate it.

 

(Guang Ming begisn to walk out again, but Physician Feng speaks.)

 

Physician Feng: Ming Er!

 

(Guang Ming stops walking and waits to listen to what Physcian Feng has to say.)

 

(Meanwhile, Tao Hua is running outside in the direction towards Cheng Guang City. As she’s running, her arm is pulled on by Cheng Yu. He pulls her arm to hard that before any one of them can realize it, Cheng Yu and Tao Hua are standing super close to eachother that their chests are touching. Cheng Yu looks into her eyes and then down their bodies, he looks away really quickly. Tao Hua looks down at their bodies and she quickly steps back. She looks at Cheng Yu and then takes off running towards Cheng Guang again; Cheng Yu pulls her back again.)

 

Tao Hua: What do you want?!

 

Cheng Yu: Where are you going?

 

Tao Hua: I have an idea of how to solve this.

 

Cheng Yu: What idea?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  END OF EPISODE 5 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

*A/N: Sorry that this one took so long ! School started to quick for me and I barely had time to type anything ! Please lave comments below and tell what you guys like and what you guys would like to see so I have an idea of what to write next ! I already kinda have Episode 6 planned out, so I HOPE it'll come soon :)