Episode 4

Ocean of Flowers

Episode 4 !!! :D

 

(Episode 4 picks up in Ping An Town. It is night time and Guang Ming hasn’t reached home yet. Since now that the town has expanded even more, there are now taverns and inns all over the place. At the entrance of Ping An Town, four horses stand still with four men watching into the quiet town. One of the men on the horse appears to be Chunyu Wu Ding, the Crown Prince of Chang An. Next to him is one of his loyal workers Chang Xia, and he’s the only one that knows Wu Ding is working for Silent Moon Sect; nobody else does. One of the other guys is Wu Xu Yi, Wu Dong’s son. The other guy is just a servant from the imperial palace. As the four of them stand there and watch into the town, Xu Yi speaks.)

 

Xu Yi: Crown Prince, we’re here now.

 

Wu Ding: I know that.

 

Xu Yi: Then what do you have in mind for the next step?

 

(Wu Ding doesn’t answer and he leads his horse on inside to be followed by only the servant and by Chang Xia. When Xu Yi doesn’t follow, Chang Xia turns back and leads his horse over to him.)

 

Chang Xia: Wu Xu Yi, are you not joining us?

 

Xu Yi: You guys go ahead; First Teacher gave me a separate mission to accomplish.

 

Chang Xia: (sighs) Alright.

 

(Chang Xia rides back to Wu Ding and Xu Yi watches them go. After they have entered the city, Xu Yi turns his horse around and runs down another path.)

 

(They check into an inn and actually buy out all the rooms in the inn to where only it’s Wu Ding and his men. Wu Ding is sitting in his room alone going over a painting of Jiang Hua Lei so he will know her face when he sees it. As Wu Ding puts it away, Chang Xia immediately barges in.)

 

Wu Ding: (in an angry tone.) What are you doing in here without my permission!

 

Chang Xia: (not in a scared voice, but in a taunting voice.) Relax, I have some new to share with you. I heard bad rumors from the villagers as I was scouting the town. They said that Guang Ming will be returning home from Zhi Guang soon.

 

Wu Ding: (he glances quickly at Wu Ding.) Guang Ming? Impossible! Li Su made arrangements for us! If it was arranged, then it can’t fail. What’s there for me to be afraid of?

 

Chang Xia: Guang Ming as completed only 10 years of studies in martial arts; however he is ranked highest in his school and he completed many different levels of skills, including Silent Moon Sect’s Palm of Grudge.

 

(Wu Ding suddenly thinks back and he remembers seeing Guang Ming perform the skill set that was taught by Li Su. Chang Xia immediately catches Wu Ding’s attention.)

 

Chang Xia: I’m just afraid that it’ll startle Crown Prince.

 

Wu Ding: (Wu Ding slams his hand on the table.) What’s there for me to fear?! Guang Ming is just a regular student of a school! I’m a student from Silent Moon Sect; if I was to fear him wouldn’t I be considered a sissy?!

 

(Chang Xia doesn’t answer, but stands there very quietly.)

 

Wu Ding: (in a quieter voice) Chang Xia…

 

(Wu Ding stands up from his seat and walks over to Chang Xia. Wu Ding then puts his hand on Chang Xia’ shoulder. He also leans near Chang Xia’s ear.)

 

Wu Ding: (says in a soft voice.) Never… Mention his name in front of me ever again…

 

(Wu Ding then pats Chang Xia on the shoulder and he backs away from Chang Xia. As he walks away he waves his hand in the air motioning for Chang Xia to leave. Chang Xia bows softly and leaves the room.)

 

(The next morning in the Jiang household still in Ping An Town, Hua Lei is busy cooking up a delicious meal as a welcome back treat for her brother. Her father is as usual out working and their mother is cleaning their little house and decorating it in red to welcome him back. Hua Lei is cooking meals in the kitchen; there’s about 4 or 5 pots cooking all at once. As she’s cooking, Song Tao Hua walks in through the door carrying a bucket full of water.)[Yes!! Liu Shi Shi is finally in now!]

 

Tao Hua: Hua Lei ah, why do you have to use so much water to cook one meal?

 

(Tao Hua accidently trips over the ledge of the door and she drops the bucket of water. Hua Lei has fast reflexes so she immediately reaches down to grab the bucket and she even catches all the water with it. Tao Hua falls over and lands on the table in front of her and Hua Lei stands in front of her cooking pots holding the bucket of water in her hands.)

 

Hua Lei: Song Tao Hua, you should be more careful with these things! If you were to throw all this water on my hard work, then I would have to recook everything; and I would have killed for you that. But since today is my Ge Ge’s day of return, I’ll spare you.

 

(Hua Lei sets the bucket of water on the ground next to the table.)

 

(Dai Zang stops cleaning and runs over to help hold Tao Hua up.)

 

Dai Zang: Tao Hua, are you alright?

 

Tao Hua: (she gets up slowly and says to Hua Lei.) This Ge Ge of yours, who he is? How come I have never seen him before?

 

Hua Lei: Of course you’ve never seen him. He’s been in school for 10 years, he’s finally returning today.

 

Tao Hua: for 10 years? (Tao Hua walks around to the side where Hua Lei is cooking) Hey, then isn’t your brother some kind of old man by now?

 

Hua Lei: Old man? What old man?! You’re the old man! I will never let anyone talk bad of my Ge Ge.

 

Tao Hua: Fine, fine, fine! You and your Ge Ge are a pair made in heaven.

 

Hua Lei: (smiles very quickly, then she turns around abruptly and faces Tao Hua and her mother.) Did you guys know that that Lao Ding is being annoying again?! He’s telling everyone in this town that Ming Ge Ge is his son; how irritating.

 

(Tao Hua begins to walk out.)

 

Hua Lei: Eh! Where are you heading to? Didn’t you promise to help me today?

 

Tao Hua: (turns back to look at Hua Lei.) I’ve been here all morning already. Only my father is at home, I think it’ll better if I was to go check on him.

 

Hua Lei: Oh…

 

Dai Zang: Oh yeah, Tao Hua has your father’s illness cured yet?

 

Tao Hua: (shakes her head in a no motion.) The last physician that I was able to afford told me his illness probably can’t be cured anymore. He said that it was an illness in the brain, not in the body; moreover, it’s impossible.

 

Dai Zang: (to Hua Lei) Stay here and prepare for your brother; I’m going to accompany Tao Hua to see her father.

 

(Hua Lei nods.)

 

Tao Hua: No need to; You guys must stay here together and help get ready for Hua Lei’s Ge Ge’s return. You guys are his family, I’m just a friend; it’ll be okay If I was missing.

 

Hua Lei: Then will you come back?

 

Tao Hua: (thinks) We’ll see…

 

(Tao Hua walks out of the house.)

 

(The house begins to have a weird odor and Dai Zang begins sniffing around.)

 

Dai Zang: (still sniffing) Hua Lei… Do you smell something weird?

 

Hua Lei: (she also begins sniffing.) A little bit… Smells like…

 

Dai Zang: Something is burning!

 

Hua Lei: (in a confused and calm voice) Burning? What is burning?

 

(Hua Lei begins to look around hysterically and when looks over to her pots, one of the dishes that are cooking is overflowing and the fire seems to be bigger under that single pot. Hua Lei runs over to the pot and grabs it with her bare hands off the fire. It burns her so she quickly throws the pot down on the table and begins blowing on her hand. Dai Zang grabs the bucket of water off the ground and sets it next to Hua Lei. Then she grabs Hua Lei’s hand and pushes it in the water.)

 

Dai Zang: You silly child; how many times have I told you to never touch a hot pot with bare hands?

 

Hua Lei: But if I didn’t then it was going to burn.

 

(Dai Zang sighs and then takes the top cover of the pot off. Dai Zang also gets burnt and she immediately begins to wave her hand to wear off the burning feeling. Hua Lei smiles and leans over to her mother.)

 

Hua Lei: Mother, how many times have you told me to never touch a hot pot?

 

(Dai Zang softly pushes Hua Lei’s head and smiles.)

 

(Tao Hua lives in a village known as the Dry Sun Village and it’s kind of far from where Hua Lei lives; it’s about a 30 minutes to 1 hour walk. As Tao Hua is walking along, in front of her are some kids screaming and running from three men in black. Tao Hua also runs over to them and they all run behind Tao Hua once she reaches them. They are all screaming and crying.)

 

Kid 1: Jie Jie help us!

 

Kid 2: Jie jie…

 

Tao Hua: What happened? Why are they following you guys?!

 

Kid 2: Jie Jie help us!

 

(The three men stop a couple feet in front of them, and just look at Tao Hua.)

 

Tao Hua: Who are you guys? What kind of business does these kids have with you?!

 

Man 2: (a young voice.) Don’t worry about that! Just hand them over!

 

(Tao Hua says nothing, but her body gestures kind of indicate that she will not move. The three men look at each other and they all nod then the they all run over to Tao Hua. As the men charge at Tao Hua, the kids all run away; Tao Hua and the three men begin to fight. Tao Hua doesn’t have high skills, so as they were fighting Tao Hua’s arm was cut by one of the men’s sword and her blood is leaking through her clothes. They fight and fight and at the last moment when Tao Hua gets knocked onto the ground and one of the men is about to plunge a sword through her chest, she is saved. A random guy kicks the man that was about to stab Tao Hua in the chest making him fall down and then doing a backwards somersault. The random guy turns his face to look at Tao Hua over his shoulder, and nonetheless it’s Cheng Yu. Cheng Yu fights the three guys and when the gets close enough to one of them, he speaks, but in a quiet tone.)

 

Cheng Yu: Xu Yi, this is her?

 

Xu Yi: Yes.

 

Cheng Yu: Where are the kids?

 

Xu Yi: Rest assured, they’ve gone down to Mount Gong. We’ll meet up with them there later; they also did a good job.

 

Cheng Yu: Well done.

 

(Cheng Yu then hits Xu Yi and Xu Yi exaggerates it by flying away and landing on the ground. The two other men run over to Xu Yi and they pick him up.)

 

Man 1: Boss!

 

Man 2: Boss are you okay?!

 

Xu Yi: (points to Cheng Yu) I’ll get my revenge! You better watch out! (to the two other men.) Go!

 

(Xu Yi and the two other men all fly away. When they’re out of sight, Cheng Yu turns to Tao Hua who is still on the ground holding her arm. He walks over to her and kneels down next to her. Cheng Yu and notices that she’s using her hand to hold her arm; he just pushes her hand off the arm and sees that she has a wound. Tao Hua immediately covers it again and stands up.)

 

Tao Hua: (in a cold voice.) I’m fine; thank you.

 

(Cheng Yu stands up and just looks at her. There’s this awkward silence between them and then it clicks to her; where are the kids? Tao Hua begins searching around.)

 

Cheng Yu: What are you looking for? (Tao Hua doesn’t answer him.) Your arm is wounded.

 

(Then out of nowhere voices can be heard calling Cheng Yu.)

 

Qu Ye: Son!

 

Bi Jue: Ge Ge!

 

(An old man, an old woman, and a little boy all run over to Cheng Yu. Tao Hua also turns to look at what’s going on.)

 

Bi Jue: Ge Ge, were you able to save the girl?!

 

Shi Guang: Cheng Yu, is the girl that the kids mentioned okay? Where is she?

 

(Cheng Yu slowly looks over to Tao Hua and his “family” also looks over to her. His “mother” Shi Guang notices Tao Hua who is still holding onto her wound.)

 

Shi Guang: (to Cheng Yu) What happened to her?

 

Bi Jue: Ge Ge she is so pretty!!

 

Cheng Yu: (he ignores Bi Jue.) She was attacked by some men.

 

(Qu Ye, Cheng Yu’s “father” opens up his mouth to speak, but Tao Hua beats him to it.)

 

Tao Hua: Uncle, have you guys seen some kids around here?

 

Qu Ye: Kids? (he turns to his “wife”) Honey, did we see kids earlier?

 

Shi Guang: Of course we did you old man! (to Tao Hua politely) Why were you looking for them?

 

Tao Hua: (Tao Hua is silent for a while, then she decides to speak.) I’m only worried about them.

 

Shi Guang: (in a reassuring voice) It’s alright now; we did run into them earlier and they asked our Cheng Yu here to come help you.

 

Tao Hua: Then where are they now?

 

Shi Guang: They said they’re going to the closest town to ask for help; were you related to them?

 

Tao Hua: (shakes her head in a no motion.) It’s okay that they’re fine now. Thank You to all of you. (Tao Hua begins to walk home again then Shi Guang stops her.)

 

Shi Guang: Miss, your arm is wounded! Let my husband tend to you first, he’s a physician himself.

 

(Tao Hua turns back to look at them.)

 

Tao Hua: Don’t bother; my house is not too far from here anyways.

 

Shi Guang: Really? Our house is also not far from here! You can’t happen to live in Dry Sun village too right?

 

(Tao Hua just looks at them with a surprised expression and then the whole scene changes.)

 

(It is now back in Ping An Town and Guang Ming arrives outside of the town. At the entrance of the town there are two big stone arches and in the middle where the two arches connect, holds a sign saying Ping An. The sign was decorated with red silk Guang Ming think that there was a wedding going on.)

 

Guang Ming: (silently to himself.) Ah… Is someone getting married today?

 

(Guang Ming walks in carrying 2 bags at his side, and wearing his Sword from Zhi Guang on his back. As he enters the town, he notices that all the buildings and the houses are all decorated with red silk from house to house; red lanterns also line the paths of the town and all the villagers are standing off to the sides creating a walk way for Guang Ming. As soon as all the villagers see him walking in, they all begin screaming and cheering for him; even a couple of people walk over to him and hand good luck pouches around his neck. There’s also a couple villagers who are throwing flower petals all over the place, and while in all of this, Guang Ming is confused!)

 

Guang Ming: (people are hanging pouches around his neck.) Uhh… You guys… What’s going on?

 

Villager 1: Congratulations Young Master Guang Ming!

 

Villager 2: It’s such a blessing that you’re back home now! You can’t forget us no matter what happens in the future!

 

Villager 3: Guang Ming, you have to send us help! We’re a very poor village!

 

Villager 4: What do you have planned for us in the future?!

 

Guang Ming: (in a confused voice.) What? What’s going on?

 

Villager 1: You have to remember that we still need help here!

 

Guang Ming: Remember? Remember what?

 

(Some of the villagers circle around him and hand him money wrapped in all sorts of cloths, and they also hand him baskets of eggs and veggies. Someone also manages to hand him a chicken and some fabric and jewelry. Guang Ming holds and observes all the things with a very very confused look. He looks up and all the villagers are clapping and cheering him on. Then out of nowhere, a big bag of medication is thrown at his feet and a young man walks out from the crowd.)

 

(Guang Ming stares at the medication without a word, but confusion written all over his face.)

 

Zha Hu: That’s medication for you… (Zha Hu walks over to Guang Ming and stands in front of him then speaks in a very jealous way.) My mother made me send these over to you because she said she couldn’t make your welcoming party.

 

Guang Ming: (still very confused) What? What welcoming party?

 

Zha Hu: Hmm…

 

(Zha Hu circles Guang Ming two times then he stands in front of Guang Ming observing him.)

 

Zha Hu: Handsome, but not quite there yet.

 

(Zha Hu turns to the crowd behind him and begins to speak in a very loud voice.)

 

Zha Hu: I don’t know why you all say that Guang Ming is such a handsome lad! He obviously isn’t all that handsome! He may have a good body figure, but besides that he is not even that handsome!

 

Guang Ming: (still confused) What are you talking about? Hey, do you happen to know where Jiang Tong Man lives?

 

(Zha Hu faces Guang Ming)

 

Zha Hu: Jiang Tong Man? Why are you looking for him?

 

Guang Ming: He’s my father…

 

Zha Hu: You’re father?

 

Guang Ming: Do you happen to know where he lives now?

 

Zha Hu: I know…

 

Guang Ming: Can you please tell me where he’s living now?!

 

Zha Hu: I won’t tell you.

 

Guang Ming: (he’s silent for a moment.) What?

 

Zha Hu: Young Hero Guang Ming, you say that Jiang Tong Man is your father; however you two have very distinct surnames. You should have enough guts to search for you father as the Top Martial Scholar, so go.

 

Guang Ming: I-

 

(Zha Hu stomps off and Guang Ming is standing there with his eyes full of questions. Then before Guang Ming can even think, he gets pushed by the big crowd onto this circle platform in the middle of the town. He stands on the platform still very confused then he sees a beautiful girl sitting in a chair across the platform. She’s very very pretty and Guang Ming can tell that she’s not from around here. She stands up in a very good manner and she carries a little cup of wine to him. The girl stands in front of Guang Ming and holds the cup in front of her. Then all of the villagers quiet down.)

 

Zhu Fu: Hello Young Sir, My name is Jiang Zhu Fu; the daughter of Jiang Luo Yan the magistrate of Hang Zhou. May I offer this drink as a toast to you?

 

Guang Ming: (he says nothing, then cracks an awkward smile.) Miss, can you please tell me what’s going on?

 

Zhu Fu: (she giggles softly and turns away as if she’s embarrassed.) Sir, you’re so humorous. Shouldn’t we keep the jokes until later?

 

Guang Ming: What jokes? I’m being serious.

 

Zhu Fu: (giggles again.) You’re so naughty!

 

(Zhu Fu softly hits Gaung Ming’s arm.)

 

Zhu Fu: Fine, I’ll just say it again if you like to be boasted that way. Did you forget?

 

Guang Ming: I… Forgot what?

 

Zhu Fu: You won the title as the new Martial Scholar for the Imperial Court you silly. All of this was set up by the villagers and my father to welcome you back. My father said that you’re going to need a wife since you’re moving into the Imperial Court and since he knows that the emperor will probably marry you to one of his concubine’s daughters, he sent me over to marry you and take care of you for the rest of my life. Perhaps, Young Master Guang Ming won’t mind this.

 

Guang Ming: (in a surprised voice) I what?! I… Miss, I never won the title of Martial Scholar.

 

Zhu Fu: (she softly hits Guang Ming’s arm again.) Sir Guang, you’re so funny!

 

Guang Ming: Miss, I’m serious. I never won the title; the title was given to my good friend Shao Gao Lie. You probably have the wrong person here.

 

(Zhu Fu looks at Guang Ming and lowers her cup as anger is climbing onto her face.)

 

Guang Ming: Miss, I’m really not the person you’re looking for.

 

(Zhu Fu stands there just listening, then she speaks.)

 

Zhu Fu: Sir Guang, I really don’t think I got the wrong person. How about this, if you’re not lying and have enough guts then turn around to face all the villagers. Tell them what you just told me.

 

(Zhu Fu turns back and sits down back her seat. Guang Ming slowly turns to the villagers.)

 

Guang Ming: Everyone, I’m Guang Ming, raised by Jiang Tong Man and Yu Dai Zang. Yes, I attended Zhi Guang Martial School and took place in the competition. I did fight until the end and went against my own friend, Shao Gao Lie. I admit, I didn’t do my best; I’m not the new Martial Scholar of the Imperial Court and I don’t wish to be. I just want to be with my family again.(all the villagers gasp and then there’s a lot of mumbling.) I wish that everyone here would support my decision as to why I came back home. (More villagers begin talking and Guang Ming decides to see if he can get some support.) Can I count you guys?!

 

(There’s nothing, but silence and then one of the villagers finally step up to the platform. Guang Ming is kind of happy that at least one person supports him.)

 

Guang Ming: Auntie, thank you for supporting me.

 

Lady Villager: Supporting you me feet! I only came up here to retrieve my present… (she grabs a basket full of fruits away.) Hopeless… (she then walks off the plat form and disappears into the crowd.)

 

(Then everyone else who gave him presents also climbs up onto the platform and they all eventually create a circle with Guang Ming being squished in the middle. After a long while, all the villagers all walks away, and Guang Ming is literally left with nothing; even the two bags he had from Zhi Guang is gone. Guang Ming is now sitting on the ground and he looks like he got beat up a little. He sits there in disbelief and then he finally remembers, his jade pendant was in his bags! Guang Ming begins to search himself in a very panicky manner and fortunately he pulls of out of his pocket.)

 

Guang Ming: (he smiles in a very relieved way and speaks to the pendant…) Good thing I didn’t lose you.

 

(Guang Ming looks around and sees his sword laying on the ground a couple of feet away from him. He reaches out to grab it, but when he’s close to actually grabbing it he feels some kind of fluid falling on his head. When the liquid stops coming, he takes the chance to look up. It was Zhu Fu and she just poured the cup of wine on his head.)

 

Zhu Fu: You disgrace! How dare you embarrass me in front of everyone! I won’t let you off; this won’t be the last time you hear from me!

 

(Zhu Fu throws the cup on the ground and also runs off.)

 

(Guang Ming sits there in awe, but in a bad way. He just sits there and sits there and sits there not moving. Then, someone comes by and picks up his sword for him. Guang Ming looks up to see his beloved sister, Hua Lei.)

 

Hua Lei: Ming Ge Ge, did you drop this?

 

(Guang Ming stares at Hua Lei who is now offering him his sword and he laughs a little. Guang Ming sits up and grabs his sword from Hua Lei and smiles.)

 

Guang Ming: Did you see all that?

 

Hua Lei: (nods) I saw.

 

Guang Ming: What kind of opinions do you have?

 

Hua Lei: (smiles and says cheerfully.) I think that my Ming Ge Ge is the most awesome and the most perfect brother in the world! He’s definitely not worthless and he’s not a disgrace! Family is important so those who belittle you obviously don’t love their family.

 

(Guang Ming smiles at Hua Lei, then a hand appears in front of him offering to pull him up. Guang Ming looks up and it’s Zha Hu.)

 

Zha Hu: Nicely done! You’re quite likeable to he honest.

 

(Guang Ming laughs then he takes Zha Hu’s hand and Zha Hu helps pull him up. Hua Lei stands up with Guang Ming and stands beside him.)

 

Zha Hu: (looks at Hua Lei) She is…

 

Guang Ming: Oh, she’s my sister, Jiang Hua Lei.

 

(Zha Hu bows with his hands out in front of him to Hua Lei and Guang Ming.)

 

Zha Hu: Greetings to Guang Ming and Jiang Hua Lei.

 

Guang Ming: You… You don’t have to be so formal. Just a simple hello will do.

 

Hua Lei: Who are you?! Weren’t you just bullying Ming Ge Ge earlier?!

(Guang Ming looks at Hua Lei over his shoulder kind of telling her to not be so rude.)

 

Zha Hu: (smiles) Yes, I was bullying your brother earlier.

 

Hua Lei: Then what kind of bull are you trying to pull now?!

 

(Guang Ming he looks away in disappointment.)

 

Zha Hu: (laughs and then looks at Guang Ming.) You’re dirty… How about this, let’s go grab some clean clothes from my house first then I’ll send you two over to the Jiang Household.

 

(Guang Ming looks at Zha Hu.)

 

Guang Ming: I appreciate your kindness, but I’ll have to reject.

 

Zha Hu: (Surprised voice) Oh… Why’s that?

 

Guang Ming: I’ve said it already; I just want to go home. Since I’m already here, I want to get home as soon as possible.

 

Hua Lei: Yeah, and our parents wants to see him too.

 

Zha Hu: (smiles and nods) Sure; I’ll be around if you ever need me. Surname Zha, first name Hu; look for me whenever you need to.

 

(Guang Ming smiles and he bows with his hands cupped in front of him. Guang Ming and Hua Lei both leave.)

 

(Now traveling back to Dry Sun Village, Tao Hua is sitting in the house of Cheng Yu. She’s sitting on their table with her arm resting on the table top. Qu Ye is tending to her wound and Shi Guang is making some tea. Cheng Yu is just leaning by the door watching his father tend to Tao Hua and Bi Jue is out playing with some other village kids.)

 

Qu Ye: (he wraps a piece of cloth around Tao Hua’s arm.) You’re quite a girl aren’t you? How many girls do you think nowadays picks fights?

 

Tao Hua: (in a complaining tone) I didn’t pick a fight; they were asking for it.

 

Qu Ye: Oh yeah? (in a sarcastic voice) Then I wonder why you got hurt…

 

(Tao Hua doesn’t say anything and sits there quietly. Then Shi Guang brings over a pot and three cups for tea. Shi Guang takes a seat and sets the items down. Qu Ye is now done wrapping Tao Hua’s arm and he gently places her arm on the table to rest.)

 

Shi Guang: (to Tao Hua.) Child, can you tell me what you were doing outside the village for?

 

Tao Hua: Coming home… ( in a concerned voice) Do you guys think the kids are alright?

 

Shi Guang: (smiles) Silly girl; of course they’re okay.

 

Tao Hua: (she takes a couple moments before answering.) It’s good that they’re okay.

 

(Tao Hua just sits there quietly.)

 

Cheng Yu: Is your arm better?

 

Tao Hua: (she looks at Cheng Yu and then looks at her arm.) It’s should be better now.

 

Cheng Yu: You’re quite tough to be fighting with those men.

 

Tao Hua: (looks up at Cheng Yu.) What?

 

Cheng Yu: You’re a girl, and also alone; you have lots of guts don’t you.

 

Tao Hua: (smiles) Perhaps, or else I wouldn’t dare to go against those men.

 

(Tao Hua gets up from the table and looks over to Qu Ye.)

 

Tao Hua: Thank you for tending to my arm.

 

Qu Ye: (laughs) A tough girl with manners and a good attitude; I like you!

 

(Tao Hua smiles and then she faces the door, about to leave.)

 

Shi Guang: Child! (Tao Hua turns around to look at Shi Guang.) Where are you going? I still have things to discuss with you about.

 

Tao Hua: My dad is still at home waiting for me; he’s not capable of taking care of himself.

 

(Shi Guang sighs softly and Qu Ye smiles.)

 

Qu Ye: Mm! (Qu Ye stands up from his seat.) Such an obedient daughter! We won’t be holding you back then.

 

(Tao Hua smiles and walks out; Cheng Yu turns around to watch Tao Hua leave. Cheng Yu looks back at his “parents” who are just looking at him. Shi Guang jerks her head in the direction of Tao Hua meaning for him to follow her. Cheng Yu walks out after Tao Hua. Cheng Yu walks quickly so he catches up to Tao Hua rather quickly. He walks very quietly, so Tao Hua wasn’t able to hear him. When he is right next to Tao Hua he speaks.)

 

Cheng Yu: A girl walking home alone with an injured arm and knows Martial Arts; formidable.

 

(Tao Hua looks at Cheng Yu like “WTF!”)

 

Tao Hua: Where did you come from?!

 

(Cheng Yu smiles)

 

Tao Hua: Ey, What’s your name?

 

Cheng Yu: The eldest son of the Bailizuo family, Bailizuo Cheng Yu.

 

Tao Hua: (Tao Hua nods). Mm. You’re Martial Arts was quite good; You must be a student from a highly skilled school.

 

(Cheng Yu doesn’t say anything, but continues to smile.)

 

Tao Hua: Why aren’t you speaking?

 

Cheng Yu: Nothing.

 

Tao Hua: I guessed right then!

 

Cheng Yu: How about you; what’s your name?

 

Tao Hua: Me? I’m… (Tao Hua thinks for a bit then she just smiles again.) I don’t have a name.

 

Cheng Yu: (in a sarcastic voice.) Oh… Really?

 

(Tao Hua and Cheng Yu both have happy smiles on their faces and they walk over to Tao Hua’s house. As they reach Tao Hua’s home, they both walk inside and discovers Tao Hua’s home in a big mess.)

 

Tao Hua: (in a surprised, but worried voice.) What happened here exactly?

 

(Cheng Yu doesn’t say anything, but just looks around as if he cares. Then out of nowhere, they begin to hear a young man’s voice screaming saying that he’s not a thief from the other side of the house and the sound of bamboo being swung.)

 

Tao Hua: Father! (Tao Hua runs over to the other side of the house where the sound is coming from and Cheng Yu follows her.)

 

(When they reach outside, Tao Hua’s father Song Tian Lv [Dicky Cheung] is swinging a bamboo stick and chasing after a young man, Yanfu Chen Xiang [Jiang Jing Fu].)

 

Tian Lv: You thief! I will smack you to death! How dare you walk into my home like this and eat up all the steam buns my daughter made!

 

Chen Xiang: Uncle Song, I’m really not a thief! I’m Chen Xiang; I’m Yanfu Chen Xiang! How can you forget me?!

 

(Chen Xiang runs around and decides to jump onto the roof of their home. Tian Lv chases after him and stops when Chen Xiang jumps onto the roof.)

 

Tian Lv: You thief! Don’t think of escaping! (Tian Lv takes a few steps back and gets ready to throw the stick at Chen Xiang.)

 

Chen Xiang: Uncle Song, don’t throw that at me! I’m Chen Xiang, remember?!

 

(Tao Hua runs over and grabs the stick from her father as he lifts up the stick to throw it at Chen Xiang. She grabs it out of her father’s hand and she throws it down on the ground next to her feer. Her father turns around furiously and sees his daughter just looking at her with a very concerned look.)

 

Tian Lv: Ah! My daughter; you’re back now!

 

(Tian Lv wraps an arm around Tao Hua and points to Chen Xiang who is still on the roof.)

 

Tian Lv: You see him up there?! He’s a thief! He ate all our food so I wanted to punish him, but he runs too fast! Since you’re here, go and catch him for daddy.

 

Tao Hua: (she looks at her father in disbelief.) Father, he’s Yanfu Chen Xiang; he helped you before in the past! How can you forget that?

 

Tian Lv: (in a surprised, but in a good way look) Huh? That boy Chen Xiang is here? Where?

 

(Tian Lv begins to look around and he sees Cheng Yu standing in the back. Tian Lv laughs and walks over to Cheng Yu. Tian Lv points to Cheng Yu as he is laughing and when he gets close enough, he wraps his arm around Cheng Yu.)

 

Tian Lv: You’re the Yanfu Chen Xiang boy! I haven’t seen you for so long now!

 

(Chen Xiang and Tao Hua exchange looks of confusion. Then Cheng Yu looks over at Tao Hua who is also confused as he is.)

 

Tian Lv: You seem much taller now…

 

(Then out of nowhere, Tian Lv begins to get little flashbacks of his wife when she was still alive. He begins to see flashes of when he kidnapped her from Silent Moon Sect and when they ran away together, how they lived together, when Tao Hua first arrived from his wife, and his wife being killed by the teachers of Silent Moon. Tian Lv slowly takes his arm off Cheng Yu and turns to face him slowly. Chen Xiang also jumps off the roof and stands next to Tao Hua.)

 

Chen Xiang: (in a curious voice) What’s going on now? One moment your father wants to kill me, then another he goes into his own thoughts.

 

Tao Hua: How would I know? (she looks at Chen Xiang) Hey, why was my dad chasing you to kill earlier?

 

Chen Xiang: (sighs) It’s like this; my mother made 4 batches of fresh steamed pork buns this morning and I decided to steal a batch to bring to you and your father. I called a couple of times when I arrived, but no one answered me so I just came in. Afterwards, I began to eat the buns and your father came in like a crazy man and began chasing me calling me a thief. He even managed to get a couple hits on me! Look!

 

(Chen Xiang rolls up the sleeves of his arm and there’s two or three red line marks on him.)

 

Tao Hua: (she slaps Chen Xiang’s arm and says again in a complaining voice) What do you mean my dad is a crazy man?! You’re obviously mocking him!

 

Chen Xiang: I- (Chen Xiang sighs and looks over to Cheng Yu and Tian Lv.)

 

*Tian Lv has become a real crazy man after his wife’s death. That’s why he can’t even remember Chen Xiang although he sees him every other day.

 

(Tian Lv is facing Cheng Yu, but he is not looking at him. He is looking off the side, but looks like he is in his own thoughts.)

 

Tian Lv: (in a soft and hurt voice.) Why does your fragrance match that of my Yu Die’s fragrance?

 

(Now everyone’s attention is turned to Tian lv.)

 

Tian Lv: Your fragrance is no different than hers. I can still remember the first day I met her, and the first year that we spent our life together. Her fragrance is as beautiful as peach blossoms in spring and fresh grass in the morning.

 

(Tian Lv stands there quietly, then his face suddenly tenses up and his eyes become teary. Tian Lv suddenly looks at Cheng Yu angrily and grabs the collar of his clothes.)

 

Tian Lv: (in an anxious, but angry voice.) You must know where I can find her; you must know where she’s hiding from me! (in a louder voice) I know she loves me, she’ll never leave me alone like this! She dotes on our daughter the most, she’ll never leave us! You must know where she is!

 

(Cheng Yu doesn’t answer, but stands there quietly looking at Tian Lv who is obviously awaiting an answer saying that Cheng Yu knows. Still, Cheng Yu stays silent. Then Tian Lv’s face tenses up even more and he grabs Cheng Yu even tighter. Tao Hua runs over and grabs her dad’s hands.)

 

Tao Hua: (in a calm, but panicky tone.) Father, don’t do this to him; what’s gotten into you this time?

 

Tian Lv: (he turns to look at his daughter.) Tao Hua, he knows where your mother is; let him take us to your mother. Haven’t you always wondered where your mother has gone?

 

(Tao Hua’s eyes begin to get teary and she shakes her head in denial of never wanting to know her mother.)

 

(Tian Lv turns back to Cheng Yu angrily.)

 

Tian Lv: Are you going to take me to my Yu Die or not?

 

Cheng Yu: Uncle Song, I don’t know anyone by the name of Yu Die.

 

Tian Lv: You won’t even admit that you know my wife; fine! Don’t say that I didn’t ask you nicely!

 

(Tian Lv pushes Tao Hua away and she almost falls over, but Chen Xiang catches her and holds her back when she tries to run over to her Father again. Then Tian Lv begins to use martial arts against Cheng Yu. Cheng Yu doesn’t want to hurt an old man in front of Tao Hua because he has to leave a good impression on her, so instead he only defends the whole time. As they fight and fight Chen Xiang runs over and smacks Tian Lv once in the neck causing Tian Lv to black out and fall back into Chen Xiang’s arms. Chen Xiang catches Tian Lv and looks over at Cheng Yu.)

 

Chen Xiang: are you okay?

 

(Cheng Yu nods. Tao Hua then runs over to her father with tears in her eyes. She grabs his face and softly hits the side of his face to try and awake him.)

 

Tao Hua: Father… Father…

 

Chen Xiang: Tao Hua, I think the best choice now is to bring your father to rest inside. We can talk things over when he awakes.

 

(Tao Hua slowly lets go of her father’s face and she wipes all the tears in her eyes.)

 

Tao Hua: I’ll help you carry him into his room.

 

(Chen Xiang nods and Tao Hua helps him carry her father in. As they walk in, Cheng Yu is still standing there thinking to himself.)

 

Cheng Yu’s mind: (a suspicious and mysterious voice) This is the legendary thief Song Tian Lv; Didn’t Second Teacher say that he became disabled after he lost his mind?

 

(Cheng Yu then also walks after them.)

 

(A couple of days later)

 

(Now going back to Cheng Guang City. Cheng Guang City is a nearby city that is HUGE and LARGE city that mainly contains shops and theaters all around. This place has mostly rich people and the poor are not common. This is where Cheng Hu Yi from chapter one is originally from. Inside a four-story building, known as Le Qu House; inside is very complicated. The first floor is basically a restaurant to buy food and hang out; the second floor is an inn where people can rest and sleep; third floor is a gambling den and the fourth floor is the place where pretty girls perform for money. Hua Lei works in this complicated place, but she works in the first floor as a waitress.)

 

(Wu Ding and Chang Xia enter Le Qu house without knowing that Hua Lei works there. They both walk in and sits down at a table.)

 

Chang Xia: Crown Prince, what do you want to eat?

 

Wu Ding: (he looks around the shop with a disgusted expression.) This place is so rotten; couldn’t you find a better place?!

 

Chang Xia: This is the best place in Cheng Guang; if Crown Prince is unhappy I can change it.

 

Wu Ding: Don’t bother!

 

Chang Xia: So does Crown Prince desire to eat anything?

 

(Wu Ding doesn’t answer so when Chang Xia sees a girl cleaning by their table, he calls to her.)

 

Chang Xia: Shopkeeper! Can we get two bowls of Shark’s Fin Soup over here?!

 

Waitress: Sure!

 

(She finishes cleaning the table and then leaves into the back to cook. Wu Ding sits there quietly and angrily because he’s a prince and he just likes acting like a pouty princess. Chang Xia also sits there quietly not saying a word. Two guys from a table nearby are looking at the Crown Prince and studying him very closely. Then out of the blue, they both walk over and sit down at Wu Ding’s table too.)

 

Guy 5: Hey, you possibly can’t happen to be the Crown Prince of Chang An right?

 

Wu Ding: (in an irritated voice) What’s that got to do with you?

 

Guy 5: Oh, nothing. I was just wondering because you look a lot like him.

 

(Wu Ding ignores them and continues to look in a different direction.)

 

Guy 6: We come from Chang An, and we’ve been hearing lots of rumors about Crown Prince since he’s gone now.

 

Wu Ding: (he looks at Guy 6 with very angry eyes.) What kind of rumors?

 

Guy 6: Something like… Your father and mother picked you up on an expedition. The Imperial Court doesn’t think you’re fit to be the Crown prince because of your disloyal blood.

 

Wu Ding: (his smirks.) Nonsense; what Imperial Bloodline? Keep talking like that and I’ll have the both of you beheaded.

 

Guy 5: Crown Prince, if you were really the son of the emperor, then these kinds of rumors would never be spread like this.

 

Chang Xia: Rumors go out every day; you two have no right to tell the Crown Prince that he is not a descendant of the royal family.

 

Guy 5: Within rumors contains lies; but along with the lies contains the truth. Since this piece of news isn’t good from any angle, then whether it’s the truth or not, he wouldn’t benefit from it.

 

(Wu Ding’s hand clenches into a fist. Guy 6 sees his fist clench and smirks.)

 

Guy 6: Crown Prince, you want to hit people? Just let me warn you that where ever you go in life, if you’re still the real Crown Prince by then, your reputation follows. Picking on two poor commoners from Chang An; if you dare hurt us then the entire world will look down on you. Do you still dare to fight?

 

Wu Ding: You shut up! You have no right to talk to the Crown Prince in this manner!

 

(The whole store is now quiet and everyone is just watching them.)

 

Guy 6: Me? Shut up? (he laughs tauntingly) Crown Prince, let me tell you something; you wouldn’t get mad at this rumor if it wasn’t true. If it really was a lie, you would have kept quiet and not responded; so thank you for cooperating with us.

 

(Guy 5 and Guy 6 both bow to Wu Ding, then gets up to leave. As they are leaving, Wu Ding keeps a stern look on them. Chang Xia looks at Wu Ding and tries to calm him down.)

 

Chang Xia: Crown Prince, don’t listen to their nonsense! Commoners will often speak ill of us to try and bring down our confidence.

 

(Wu Ding ignores this and gets up from his seat. He walks over to the counter where you pay in the store and he just grabs a jug of wine from the counter. The girl behind the counter tries to grab the jug back nicely, but Wu Ding pushes her roughly and she backs up into a shelf behind her that also contains lots of jugs of wine. Everyone begins screaming and running, then Guy 5 and Guy 6 turn back to look at what’s going on. As they look back, Wu Ding throws the jug of wine in their direction. Guy 5 and Guy 6 both throw a punch at the jug as it reaches it and it explodes into pieces.)

 

Guy 5: Chunyu Wu Ding, are you looking for trouble?!

 

Wu Ding: You useless and nonsensical commoners; how dare you spread false information about the Crown Prince like this! I will not spare you two until you’re kowtowing at my feet!

 

(Chang Xia just stands up from his seat in a very calm manner and sits back to watch. Wu Ding then charges at Guy 5 and Guy 6. The three of them begin to fight and they eventually break tables and benches. As they are fighting Wu Ding manages to punch Guy 6 in the neck causing Guy 6 to fall over gasping for air. Guy 5 is better than Guy 6 at fighting and he nearly defeats Wu Ding, but at the moment when Wu Ding figured he would lose he began to use the Silent Moon Sect skills that he was taught. Wu Ding is winning against Guy 5 and when Guy 5 throws a punch towards Wu Ding’s heart, Wu Ding kicks out his leg and hits Guy 5. Guy 5 goes flying outside through the doors of Le Qu House and lands outside on a table of tofu. Guy 6 comes running out and grabbing Guy 5, as they look at Wu Ding in fear they both get up and run away. Wu Ding is standing outside the door of Le Qu House just watching his opponents run; as he turns back to walk inside, he spots Hua Lei among the crowd outside watching him. Wu Ding looks at her for a while and Hua Lei notices that he’s looking at her so she looks away in a very irritated manner. Wu Ding then walks back inside the house. Hua Lei stands out there a bit longer as the crowd clears out; after a while she finally walks in to work. As she works in Le Qu House, she keeps getting this feeling that Wu Ding is looking at her suspiciously.)

 

(Chang Xia turns to look in the direction of where Wu Ding is looking and it’s Hua Lei; Chang Xia turns back and smiles at Wu Ding.)

 

Chang Xia: Does Crown Prince have a liking for this Young Lady? I’ll say she doesn’t look too bad.

 

Wu Ding: (in a rude voice) You bastard; That’s her.

 

Chang Xia: (in a confused voice) It’s her?

 

(Chang Xia once again turns around to look at Hua Lei, then he turns back to Wu Ding.)

 

Chang Xia: (in an almost whispering voice) Jiang Hua Lei?

 

Wu Ding: If not her, who else can it be?

 

(Chang Xia nods.)

 

Wu Ding: Call her over.

 

Chang Xia: (shocked) Crown Prince…

 

Wu Ding: I’m Crown Prince; are you obeying my orders or not?

 

(Chang Xia looks at him still in shock, then he turns around to Hua Lei again. Hua Lei is cleaning a table not too far for some customers.)

 

Chang Xia: Waitress! Come over here!

 

(Hua Lei doesn’t think that they’re calling her so she keeps on working.)

 

Chang Xia: Waitress! (Hua Lei finally looks over to them.) Come over here!

 

(Hua Lei finally walks over to them. Wu Ding sits there quietly and acts as if he’s studying his hands.)

 

Hua Lei: What is it?

 

Chang Xia: We never got out Shark’s Fin Soup; where is it?!

 

(Then the waitress of who helped them earlier approaches them.)

 

Waitress: Our boss told us to not serve you two anymore. You guys came here and only caused a ruckus, but also broke our store down. Unless you compensate, we will not serve you at all!

 

Chang Xia: You- How dare you?! Did you know that this is the Crown Prince! And you still deny service to us!

 

Hua Lei: Who cares?! Even if he was Jade Emperor we’ll still refuse service!

 

(Chang Xia begins to yell and scold them, then Wu Ding finally stops it.)

 

Wu Ding: Chang Xia, reasoning with women wouldn’t do you any good. They simply can’t be reasoned with.

 

Hua Lei: Are you scolding me?!

 

Wu Ding: (he reaches into his pocket and takes out 5 taels of gold. He tosses it into the waitress by Hua Lei’s hand.) Will this be enough? Use that to buy back all your furniture and also get us two bowls of Shark’s Fin.

 

(The Waitress smiles and then she walks away.)

 

Hua Lei: Hey! How can you do that?! I thought you said that we can’t serve them!

 

Waitress: (she talks as she walks away.) She’ll be glad to receive gold like this! Moreover, this is worth more than out shop put together!

 

(Hua Lei watches her in disbelief and anger. Then she turns around and glares at Wu Ding. Wu Ding looks at her and smiles handsomely.)

 

Wu Ding: I wonder what is the name of this mistress?

 

(Hua Lei stomps off angrily.)

 

(Moments later Hua Lei walks over to Wu Ding’s table and sets down two bowls of Shark’s Fin.)

 

Hua Lei: (sarcastically talking.) Enjoy your meal sirs; If you have any other requests, please hesitate to ask.

 

(Hua Lei puts on the fakest smile ever and walks back into the back. Wu Ding and Chang Xia both begin to eat, then Chang Xia decides to talk.)

 

Chang Xia: Crown Prince, I feel that that Jiang girl will be hard to deal with. How do you plan to take on her?

 

Wu Ding: I’m the Crown Prince, nothing is too hard for me to handle. Jiang Hua Lei, (smirks) just needs to be taught a good lesson.

 

(Just then, Guang Ming enters Le Qu House and just stands there scanning the room. A couple of girls who are eating in the store all gasps and begin whispering to each other. Even some girls who work there all begin to giggle. Wu Ding ignores all the commotion, but when he hears a girl mentioning the name Guang Ming, he finally looks up and sees that it really is Guang Ming standing in the store. Wu Ding immediately gets angry and he looks straight to Chang Xia.)

 

Wu Ding: I thought you said that that bastard was arranged to win; what happened?

 

Chang Xia: (he turns around to see Guang Ming and then turns back to answer Wu Ding.) Crown Prince, please don’t be agitated. I told you already beforehand that he was rumored to return.

 

Wu Ding: (referring to Chang Xia) Useless.

 

(Wu Ding sits there angrily.)

 

(One of the waitresses approaches Guang Ming with a very shy smile and a face full of red.)

 

Waitress 2: Sir, are you looking for someone?

 

(Guang Ming speaks as he continuously searches for Hua Lei.)

 

Guang Ming: Yeah, I’m looking for a person here. I wonder if she’s still here; I don’t see any sign of her.

 

Waitress 2: Who is she?

 

Guang Ming: She… (Guang Ming finally looks down at the waitress.) Her name is Jiang Hua Lei; she works here right?

 

Waitress 2: Hua Lei Jie Jie? Of course she works here! Wait here, I’ll go get her for you.

 

(Waitress 2 turns to leave, but Guang Ming speaks.)

 

Guang Ming: Wait!

 

(Waitress 2 looks back at Guang Ming.)

 

Guang Ming: If she’s still working, then it’s okay. I can come back later.

 

Waitress 2: Young Hero Guang Ming, anything you ask for will be granted quickly by simple people like us. Wait here.

 

(Waitress 2 walks into the back and Guang Ming sits down and begins thinking to himself that he is NOT a hero.)

 

(Seconds later Hua Lei comes running out from the back and stops at Guang Ming’s table.)

 

Hua Lei: Ming Ge Ge!

 

(Guang Ming turns to face Hua Lei and smiles. He gets up and walks around to her.)

 

Guang Ming: So you work here; it was a lot better than I imagined.

 

Hua Lei: (she looks around) it’s not bad here.

 

(Guang Ming nods in agreement.)

 

Hua Lei: Ge Ge, why are you here all of a sudden?

 

Guang Ming: Ah that’s right! (Guang Ming pulls out a package of food and waves it in Hua Lei’s face.) Here.

 

Hua Lei: What is it?

 

Guang Ming: (says confidently) This… is food.

 

Hua Lei: Food? For what?

 

Guang Ming: Mother says that when you go out to work, you never pack lunch. So I decided to pack this and send it over to you.

 

Hua Lei: (she looks down at the food.) For me?

 

Guang Ming: (smiles) Of course! If not for you, then who else is it for?

 

(Hua Lei smiles and grabs the food from him.)

 

Hua Lei: Thank You Ge Ge!

 

(Guang Ming smiles and Hua Lei sits down. She opens up her lunch and it’s some sweet smelling dish of some sort. Hua Lei breathes in the aroma of the food and she grabs a pair of chopsticks happily. Hua Lei begins to eat and Guang Ming sits down across from her watching her eat.)

 

Guang Ming: You must remember to eat more; not eating isn’t good for you, but remember that eating too much isn’t good too. If I find out that you constantly skip meals like this, I’ll definitely not let you off.

 

Hua Lei: (with a mouthful.) Fine, fine I know!

 

(Guang Ming and Hua Lei both have a good time, and Wu Ding sits at his seat just watching them.)

 

Wu Ding: (in a low disgusted voice.) How disgusting; commoner girls are really irritating.

 

(In the background, Guang Ming and Hua Lei orders for a plate of food for Guang Ming.)

 

Chang Xia: Crown Prince, we should be leaving now. We have to catch up on Xu Yi and see how Cheng Yu Da Ge is doing.

 

Wu Ding: (Wu Ding looks as if he’s frustrated.) Let’s go.

 

(Wu Ding and Chang Xia get up and begin leaving, but when they walk by Guang Ming’s table, Guang Ming accidently drops a chopstick by Wu Ding’s feet. Guang Ming bends down to pick it up and he looks up at Wu Ding.)

 

Guang Ming: Sorry Mister.

 

(Wu Ding and Guang Ming both look at each other like “Omg!”)

 

Guang Ming: (in a  curious, but suspicious voice.) It’s you… I’ve seen you somewhere before…

 

Wu Ding: (Wu Ding stops looking at Guang Ming and just walks out.) Hm!

 

(Chang Xia follows behind Wu Ding and Guang Ming sits there watching them leave. Guang Ming keeps thinking to himself that he’s seen that guy from somewhere before.)

 

Hua Lei: Ge Ge… (Guang Ming doesn’t answer.) Ge Ge… (he still doesn’t answer.) Ge Ge!

 

(Guang Ming turns and looks at Hua Lei.)

 

Hua Lei: What is it? Why were you staring at them like that?

 

Guang Ming: (he begins to think hard.) I’ve seen him before…

 

Hua Lei: Who? That mean and rude guy that just passed?

 

Guang Ming: Who? You mean that young man that was standing here earlier?

 

Hua Lei: Yeah.

 

Guang Ming: What did he do to you?

 

Hua Lei: It wasn’t to me… But it was to this shop. He destroyed all our things and hrut a couple of customers before you got here.

 

Guang Ming: Oh… (Guang Ming begins to think again.) I really did see him somewhere before… (talking to himself out loud.) Where did I see him before…?

 

(Hua Lei just sits there looking at Guang Ming in thought, then Tao Hua walks in. She walks in and walks straight into the back where the majority of the waitresses are working.)

 

Tao Hua: (to waitress 3) Hey, where’s Hua Lei?

 

Waitress 3: You didn’t see her out there?

 

Tao Hua: Out there?

 

(Tao Hua walks and peeks out the door leading to the back. She sees Hua Lei sitting with Guang Ming, but she thinks it’s Hua Lei’s boyfriend. Tao Hua goes back to the waitress and speaks.)

 

Tao Hua: Hey, who’s that guy sitting with her?

 

Waitress 3: You don’t know him?!

 

(All the other waitresses in the back all take a moment and stares blankly at Tao Hua.)

 

Waitress 2: How can you not know Young Hero Guang Ming?

 

Waitress 1: Did you miss his welcome party?

 

Tao Hua: (in a confused voice) Young Hero Guang Ming…? (now in a realization voice.) Ah, Guang Ming! Guang Ming as in her brother?

 

Waitresses: Yeah!

 

Tao Hua: Ohh…

 

(Tao Hua once again peeks out at Guang Ming and all the other waitresses do the same as her.)

 

Waitress 4: (in a very sweet and dreamy voice.) Tao Hua Jie Jie, isn’t he handsome?

 

Waitress 5: (also in a dreamy voice.) It doesn’t matter if he’s not the Top Scholar; as long as he’s Guang Ming and stays handsome forever!

 

(Tao Hua watches them in silence, then she steps out and sits down next to Hua Lei. Hua Lei looks to check who is sitting next to her.)

 

Tao Hua: So you’re here.

 

Hua Lei: Tao Hua? What are you doing here?

 

Tao Hua: Nothing...

 

Hua Lei: Oh…

 

(Hua Lei is about to eat some of her food, but she suddenly puts down the chopsticks in her hand and smiles at Tao Hua. Hua Lei gets up and walks over to Guang Ming; she stands behind him.)

 

Hua Lei: Tao Hua, this is my Ming Ge Ge!

 

(Hua Lei puts her hands on Guang Ming’s shoulders with a big smile on her face. Guang Ming also smile; Tao Hua just sits there looking at them and then she smiles too.)

 

Tao Hua: (in a sarcastic voice) You guys… are you sure you guys are siblings?

 

Hua Lei: (in a proud voice.) Of course we are! I don’t wish to be anything else.

 

Guang Ming: (referring to Tao Hua in a polite voice) Who are you then?

 

Tao Hua: Me? I’m Song Tao Hua.

 

Guang Ming: Song Tao Hua? (Guang Ming thinks.) Ey, your dad can’t be Song Tian Lv right?

 

Tao Hua: Why can’t he be Song Tian Lv?

 

Guang Ming: (laughs) I was just asking; is he really Song Tian Lv?

 

Hua Lei: Of course he is! And Tao Hua loves him very much!

 

(Tao Hua doesn’t say anything.)

 

Guang Ming: Ohhh… So your father is Song Tian Lv.

 

(There’s a long silence, then Guang Ming speaks.)

 

Guang Ming: Miss Song, from the last time I heard… Your father wasn’t doing too fine. How is everything now?

 

Tao Hua: He… (Tao Hua hesitates) He’s fine now.

 

(he smiles in a super fake manner because he knows that obviously something is wrong.)

 

Guang Ming: That’s good then…

 

(Tao Hua nods and she begins to play with her hands underneath the table. Guang Ming watches her as she plays with her hands and he just smiles to himself. While he’s observing Tao Hua, Hua Lei looks at Guang Ming then to her friend. Hua Lei looks back at Guang Ming with a wired expression, then she taps on Guang Ming.)

 

Hua Lei: Ming Ge Ge…

 

(Guang Ming looks at Hua Lei.)

 

Hua Lei: What’s wrong?

 

Guang Ming: (shakes his head in a “no” motion) Nothing…

 

(Tao Hua looks up at Guang Ming, and at that time he just happens to take a look at her too. The two accidently makes eye contact and Tao Hua quickly looks away; Guang Ming smiles at Tao Hua’s nervousness. Hua Lei is looking at all of this and thinking to herself what is going on.)

 

Guang Ming: (to Hua Lei) Alright then, I’ll be leaving.

 

Hua Lei: You’re leaving? Where to?

 

Guang Ming: (he takes a deep breath.) Home of course! Then I’ll probably go help father fish for money.

 

Hua Lei: Why fish? It’s going to get you smelly…

 

Guang Ming: Hua Lei ah, when I left for school it was to become a good and better brother for you. Now that I’m back already, I need to help father make money to ensure you and mother’s happiness.

 

(Hua Lei doesn’t say anything, but sits there quietly.)

 

Guang Ming: (smiles) Okay; Ge Ge will see you at home, alright?

 

(Hua Lei smiles and nods then Guang Ming gets up to leave; he looks at Tao Hua who is just sitting there blankly.)

 

Guang Ming: Miss Song, I’ll be on my way then.

 

Hua Lei: Aiyo! Why do you keep saying “miss” for?! Tao Hua is my friend so she’s your friend too; just call her Tao Hua!

 

Guang Ming: (laughs) Tao Hua, I’ll be leaving then.

 

(Tao Hua nods softly and Guang Ming leaves. After Guang Ming leaves, Hua Lei turns to Tao Hua with a look full of suspicion.)

 

Hua Lei: What’s wrong with you?

 

Tao Hua: Me? (confused) I what?

 

Hua Lei: (smiles) When Ming Ge Ge was still here, you became sweet and nervous all of a sudden. Isn’t the Song Tao Hua I see every day is really talkative and loud?

 

Tao Hua: I…

 

(Tao Hua looks at Hua Lei’s food that’s on the table, then she grabs the chopsticks that are laying on the bowl and she stuffs Hua Lei with a mouthful of food.)

 

Tao Hua: (smiling) Hua Lei ah, you should really eat more. You’re getting thinner and thinner whenever I see you; eat more alright?

 

(Tao Hua puts down the chopsticks and Hua Lei looks at Tao Hua with a very irritated and very puffy face. Hua Lei then turns away and begins to chew angrily on the food in ; Tao Hua looks at Hua Lei chewing away, and then smiles because it’s funny to her.)

 

*A/N: Sorry that this one took so long! Because of that, I will try and get episdoe 5 out as soon as possible! I've been too busy with school lately and since we ahve a 2 week break now, I will try my best to release up to episode 6 or 7:) Please keep reading my story and enjoy! :D