Chapter 3

to bring love across

Year 2006 : [Japan] Age 20


“I miss home…” Changmin sniffed as he walked towards the window looking at the stars that shone so brightly, in contrast to the boys’ moody spirits.


Yoochun pursed his lips as he patted Changmin on his head. “Don’t make me cry.”


Yunho sighed but smiled encouragingly at the boys. “At least we’re together. Think of BoA, she came here all alone when she was what, 14? I can’t even imagine how hard it was.”


Junsu sighed. BoA…


RING RING!


Jae Joong picked up the phone at home. “Hello? BoA? We were just talking about you! What’s up?”


“Just checking up on you boys to see if you guys are fine,” BoA said.


Junsu looked at Jae Joong through the corner of his eyes. He avoided BoA each time he can, afraid that he might just possibly want her back in his arms and wouldn’t let go. But he couldn’t help but to miss her.


Just her voice… her voice would be enough…


Junsu saw the phone being passed around the members as they all conversed with BoA animatedly. BoA, is one of their closest friend, and the closest thing they had to home. And the phone came to him. He swallowed and shook his head, leaving for their room.


Jae Joong sighed, as he made up yet another lie for Junsu. “Junsu’s asleep. Maybe next time. I’m sure he’ll be thrilled to hear from you.”


“Yeah…” was all BoA said before they hung up.


Changmin opened the door to their room. “Hyung, are you sure you and Nuna knew each other since young?”


Silence filled the air as Junsu swallowed back his tears, and pretended to sleep.


Good night…


My Love…



Year 2007 : [Korea] Age 21

Junsu


I crumpled the piece of paper in my hands as I left the table and laid my heads on the table. I need a break. I the radio and a familiar tune filled the room. “Nothing’s Gonna Change” by BoA.


BoA…


BoA…


BoA…


My thoughts drifted away. Do I still own that important place in your heart? Wait… what am I saying? We were never officially together. But you never really broke up either. Urgh! Why must I hear this song now? I need to get this song done.


Maybe… maybe I could get some inspiration from her? This will be the only time I can to think of her openly. Can I be selfish for once? I swallowed.


I closed my eyes as I remembered our times together. Our first encounter on a rainy night. Our love for ballads. Our… our love. I began to form a tune in my head. I played it on the piano in front of me as I quickly scribbled the notes down in my notebook. Slowly, I let my heart compose the song for me…


Rainy Night

Rain in my heart,
The tears are not going to stop, tonight
It's like the short-lived,
forgotten thing that you last left

The world without you will be full of darkness
If only this was all a dream
I wanted to see you, oh my girl
The reason why I can't see you
Is because I don't want to hear you say goodbye
Baby I still love you

Please don't cry anymore,
You cry all the time oh baby
But those parts about you are so sweet
Now its not me, its somebody else yeah
Who is comforting your tears

But I still love you
You are living only in the unforgettable memories
Forever this feeling,
Ever since we embraced each other on that day,
Your scent has never let me go
Baby I still love you

I carved your name,
To the cross that I can't pull out from my heart,
Baby, you are my love

The world without you will be full of darkness
If only this was all a dream
I wanted to see you, oh my girl
The reason why I can't see you
Is because I don't want to hear you saying goodbye

But I still love you
You are only living in the unforgettable memories
This feeling forever, is not going to stop,
My girl, even if deep in my heart gets wet,
I can't say goodbye cause I love you


I clutched my fist together and tried to control my tears as I sang this song over.


It tore me apart…


This song… is perfect.


Just like you…


BoA


I wiped my tears away as the song ended. I always knew Junsu’s voice had an effect on me, but not like this.


It broke my heart…


This song… is perfect.


Just like you…


Year 2007 : [Japan] Age 21


“I’m so happy for you guys!” BoA beamed proudly, as she snuck a look at Junsu, who brought his cup to his lips.


“We meet again! Looks like TVXQ and BoA has our fates entwined!” Jae Joong joked, and sent Junsu choking on his drink.


Yoochun patted Junsu’s back as Jae Joong asked, “You don’t think so?”


Junsu acted on the pretense that he was still all chocked up and avoided the question.


“AH! There you are!” BoA’s manager came up to them. “I’ve got good news!”


“Actually,” TVXQ’s manager walked up next, “we’ve got good news!”


Both managers grinned as the others looked at them in suspense.


“We’ve just received news from SM that BoA…”


“And Junsu… has been selected as AnyCall’s new spokesperson!”


Junsu and BoA stared at them wide eyed. “What?” before looking at each other.


Maybe our fates really are entwined.