The Unexpected

My First Love

 

Chapter 15: The Unexpected

 

d1.jpg

 
Tina's POV

 Our morning was off to a great start! I suddenly received a text from my mother back in Thailand when we were ready to go. P'Air was in a car wreck and she's in critical condition until tomorrow morning. Guess we won't be going to Pacific Park after all. I had to break the news to Aom somehow.

"Baby, hey can you hold on a second? We need to talk."

"What is it Tina? Is something wrong? You sound so serious."

"We need to go back to Thailand, right away. P'Air was in a car wreck last night and she's in critical condition. Is it ok with you? If we cut the trip short?"

"Yeah, let's go back right away. I want to see her too....I hope she's ok."

"Ok, I'll call John to buy the tickets as soon as possible. Pack everything up." 

 We packed all our belongings while I called John to get our tickets right away. We checked out and put our baggage in the car and went straight to the airport. John had taken care of everything, I had to do was show them my ID and we're good to go.

P'Air, wait for me.....don't you dare leave me..........don't you dare.......I kept on repeating to myself.
 
 
 
 
Thailand
 

John picked us up from the airport and went straight to the hospital to see P'Air, Aom held my hand throughout the ride, not even speaking a word. I didn't know what to say if she had tried to say anything, all I could think about is if P'Air would survive or not.
 
 
 
 
 
At the hospital

"Mom, what did the doctor say? Is she stable?"

"Tina, calm down first. The doctor say she's stable for now, but we need to watch her until she's out of critical condition until morning. Only then will she be safe."

"How....how could this happen?! How can she be so reckless?!" I said in anger and hit the wall

Aom took my hand and told me to calm down. I did for a while, but thinking that P'Air would get this reckless is crazy. Something wrong, P'Air would never had gotten into this kind of accident unless....................

"Mom, HOW did she get into the car wreck? Knowing P'Air, she's not a reckless person....unless an important situation came up."

Somehow, in my mind, I had already knew the answer.......

"Before the car wreck happened, P'Air called Mean to checked up on her, she was worried that Mean would be alone. They chatted for a while and Air just suddenly took off out of nowhere. That's all I know Tina. Go home, I'll take care of everything and I'll call you when she's up."

I hugged her tightly and whispered, "I will mom, thank you.....I love you."
 
I left the hospital with Aom and John, I told John to go home and gave him some taxi fare. I wanted to take the car home (what I meant is to go find Mean) with Aom. He comply to my request and did what he was told.

Whatever Mean had said must've been really important for her to risk her life like this. I swear, ever since Mean got back, she's ruining everything in my life! She'll pay for what she did to my sister.
 
"Tina, where are we going?"
 
"I'm going to find her and get this straight. Whatever she said to my sister, made my sister unconsious like that in the hospital."
 
"I don't think it's her fault Tina. Let's give her a break, after everything that had happened."
 
"Aom, I can't...I have to find out what happened that resulted in P'Air's car wreck."
 
"Can you please just come with me?"
 
"I will, but promise me you won't lose it like you did just a few minutes ago."
 
"I won't. I promise."
 
I got in the car with Aom and called Boy to ask Mean's where abouts. He FINALLY picked up after 10 times.
 
"Boy, where is she?" I asked sternly
 
*Sigh*
 
"She's at your house, she heard what happened and found out that you were coming back to see P'Air."
 
"Thanks Boy, I'll have to apologize first, whatever is going to happen next , I can't promise I'll keep everything under constroll." I reply full of rage in me
 
Boy knew what was coming hearing the tone of my voice. I didn't want to hear him say anthing else to defend Mean.
 
"Tina, liste-."
 
I turned off my phone and went straight back to my home, our home.
 
 
 
Home
 
I pulled in the driveway and saw her there, at the living room. I got out of the car rapidly, I saw the look in Aom's eye, she was worried. I didn't want her to see this side of me, I didn't want anyone to know I had this side.
 
I stormed in with rage and asked her, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO P'AIR?!"
 
"Tina....let me explain...it's not what you think."
 
Aom was flustered by the situation and came running by my side.
 
"Tina, don't do this, it's been a rough night for everyone. Let's talk about it when P'Air gets better."
 
"Aom, stay out of this. I need to set things straight with her."
 
"Now tell me, what happened? What caused my sister car wreck? I KNOW it has something to do with you."
 
"It always does."
 
"Tina, I'm sorr-"
 
She got cut off by Boy. He just had to come at this moment.
 
" Look, it wasn't her fault. It was mine. I left her alone and she left. I'm taking ful responsibility for everything."
 
"Boy, all I want to know is what happened. P'Air left suddenly after talking to Mean for a bit on the phone. Something must've happened."
 
"Because of that, my sister is in the hospital, IN CRITICAL CONDITION!"
 
"Tina, calm down first and we can talk."
 
"Boy right, lets all calm down and talk throught this." Aom said tugging on my arm.
 
"I'll ask one more time......What.Happened.To.My.Sister."
 
"Tina, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean for her to get into an accident. It's just that I was hurt. She called me to checked up on me and I told her that I.......I didn't want to live anymore...........so she rushed to come to find me. I didn't mean for any of this to happen."
 
I stood there, in silence, processing this through my head. I know I shouldn't be angry at her, but a part of me knows can't forgive. If she hadn't came back, none of this would've happened in the first place.
 
Seconds went by and I hadn't said anything. I still had that rage and anger in me. I didn't want to hurt her, but it just came out.
 
"You should've NEVER came back."
 
I walked back to the car, with Aom chasing after me. I left with Aom. I didn't want to be in the same place with her, the same room, breath the same air. When I was walking toward the car, Mean went after me, trying to apologize for what happened. She grabbed my shoulder, but I just kept walking. I could hear her crying and her voice breaking out calling for me. Nothing will ever be the same again. Our friendship..................it's gone..........................it's beyond my limit to keep it together in pieces anymore. It's just......gone.
 
 
 
 
Aom's POV
 
I've never seen Tina lost her control before. It was heartbreaking to see her like that. I didn't know what to do, I was confuse, scared, flustered by the incident that had happened. I didn't know what to do to calm Tina down. It was the very first time I've seen her reacted like this. I'm worried about her.
 
"You should've NEVER came back."
 
I ran after Tina to make sure she won't do anything reckless. I had to make sure she was ok. I wanted to stop her from leaving, but there wasn't much I could do. I saw Mean on the floor weeping, as Boy is hugging her. I got in the car with her and she pulled out of the driverway, not even looking at Mean.
 
"Tina, are you ok? Where are we going?"
 
"I'm ok Aom, as long as you're with me. As for where we're going, some place quiet, just the two of us."
 
"Tina, I think we should go back. We need to go back and talk to Mean. Calmly."
 
"Aom, I can't. Not right now. Maybe tomorrow, but not tonight. I'm tired."
 
We were both tired. We had to find a place to crash for tonight. Thankfully, my mother is out of town right now so we can still go back to my home, AND I still have the key. It'll be a good place for us to hide for a while.
 
"Tina, how about we crash at my mom's place. She's out of town right now. It'll be quiet there. No one will bother us."
 
"Are you sure this is alright with your mom. I mean, we're not invading or anything is it?"
 
Tina seems calmer now. That's good. Her getting angry is the scariest thing in the world, but on the bright side, she cools down easily.
 
"Silly, no. I live there remember? It's still my home."
 
"You mean, you USED to live there? Because for what I recall, you're mine now." She replied and reached for me hand.
 
"Yeah. It is." I laughed.
 
 
 
 
 
Aom's Old Home
 
 
"Lucky for us, I still kept the key. If not, we would've be in big trouble tonight."
 
Tina just chuckled and said nothing.
 
I opened the door and guided her upstair. Neither of us are hungry since we had our meal on the plane already. I guided her upstair to my bedroom. I brought some change of clothes for her and we got ready for bed. We were too tired to deal will everything that had happened, so we both decided to just wait till tomorrow to handle it all. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day than today.