4

Was it fate?

 

HELLO! HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN!? It's been ages and ages, right? Well, that's right. It has. I recently moved out of my hometown to move to university, so life has been pretty busy lately! However, I'm now settled in a little more and tonight I had some free time so I thought I'd do a big, big update. Guess how many words this is? 3896!!!! WHAAAAAT! That's like, the biggest update ever! It's even longer than the assignment I had to do today! Anyways, I won't keep you lovely people any longer. Please comment/subscribe/friend me ANYTHING to let me know you exist so I can keep posting for you guys! Again, apologies with grammar and tense, it's late where I live and I have to be up early for university tomorrow! So without further time wasting, HERE'S CHAPTER 4! ENJOY!!! <333

 

Lying on your back, you gave a big yawn. You arched the small of your back, stretching your muscles along with stretching your arms and legs to wake yourself up properly from the refreshing sleep you wished you were back in. Still lying with your eyes closed, you figured you had left the curtains open because the sunlight was making your face warm up. You buried your head into your pillow and rolled over on your side – but your face hit against something which resembled a solid wall. “Ahh...” The wall grumbled. Your eyes shot open to find the beautifully structured face of Kim Jonghyun. Your eyes darted all around you both. ‘How did we end up underneath the covers!? How long have we been asleep? WHY IS JONGHYUN NOT WEARING A T-SHIRT!?!’ As if reading your mind, Jonghyun opened his eyes and poured his chocolate brown ones into yours. “You fell asleep on me last night. I felt rude to just get up and leave, so I thought I’d stay with you.” He smiled and then said, “You looked cold, so I put you under the covers. Then I later got cold..” Jonghyun grinned sheepishly, “So I climbed in with you. But you were so hot! I had to take off my shirt..” He grabbed at the covers, pulling them up to his chin, wary of you sneaking a peek at his taught muscles. You backed away from him a little, bewildered. “Jonghyun-ah.. This is crazy..” You begin, but stop in mid-sentence. You notice that Jonghyun’s eyes had wandered and focused on something behind you. Suddenly, he threw the covers in your face and bounded off the bed. You heard him mumbling in fast Korean to himself, as he ran towards the bathroom. Puzzled, you removed the covers from your face and turned your head around to check what Jonghyun was looking at. There was an alarm clock on the table next to the bed. It was 8:02am. ‘It’s too early...’ you moaned to yourself and allowed yourself to fall back onto your pillow, covering yourself with the sheets Jonghyun threw at you. Less than a few seconds later, Jonghyun ran out of the bathroom. “I have 23 missed calls from the boys in total! ________, do you know what day it is? It’s SHINee’s last fan signing event for a short while! And I’m running late!” Jonghyun shouted breathlessly. You sat up in bed, rubbing your eyes and moving your messy hair out of your face. “Hm...? Oh. OH. OH! Jonghyun! Hurry up and go! Although...” you started, “I was going to try and attend that today. I heard that you didn’t have to buy a ticket and you could just turn up. I wanted to get a glimpse of your group. Maybe it’s not too late for me to get ready?” You wondered aloud, tilting your head towards the ceiling. Jonghyun puffed his cheeks while running around your room, looking for his t-shirt. You glanced at his perfectly defined abs and grinned to yourself. He caught you doing so and shook his finger at you teasingly. “You might have some time to get ready – I do not! Now, listen. I need to go back to my room to properly get ready. I will come back for you, Pocky. Can you be ready in around 3 hours?” Jonghyun stopped in the middle of the room, staring intently at you. It took you a moment to respond because you were so captured by his aura. “3 hours? I don’t need that long! I’ll be ready soon. You don’t need to come back for me, Jonghyun. It will make you late!” you say, but Jonghyun gave a mysterious smile. “I’ll be back soon. I’m going to have a surprise for you~” He strides towards you, cups your chin and kisses you directly on the mouth. You’re so taken back by this sudden gesture that your eyes widen before you quickly respond to the kiss. Jonghyun waves a goodbye with a grin, and runs out of your room, hurriedly dressed but still looking as gorgeous as ever. 

For a few moments, you sit back in bed, stunned. You try to gather all your thoughts together from what has happened in the past night. Meeting Kim Jonghyun and getting to know him on a very personal level, and now you’re going to his fan signing event like a normal person? After everything? You shrugged off the covers and your clothes, heading for the shower in the bathroom. While standing in the shower, you thought of Jonghyun and fondly hummed Dream Girl like he did to you the previous night. After you exited the shower, you realised that time was going by quite quickly. Hurrying up a little, you soon finished getting ready, deciding to wear denim shorts and an oversized bright blue t-shirt, which was tucked into your shorts. You quickly changed the batteries in your camera so you could take lots of photos of the event and sat on the edge of your bed, waiting patiently. Tucking a strand of loose hair behind your ear, you imagined how busy and hectic today’s fan signing event was going to be. It was SHINee’s last even for a short while, you remembered, so it was bound to be even more popular than usual.

Lost in thought, you heard a knock on the door. It was only 10:15am, and you weren’t expecting Jonghyun for a little while yet. You crossed the room and opened the door to find a hotel staff employee. This time, it was a young male, bowing his head to you. He raised his head and nodded to the trolley of food behind you. “Room service for Miss ________?” he asked. You shook your head, puzzled. You hadn’t ordered room service this morning in the rush of trying to be ready in time for Jonghyun – nor had you eaten. “Mianhaeyo, but who ordered the room service here?” you asked the younger male. He picked out a small notebook from the top pocket of his uniform shirt and said, “A Mr. Kim ordered it, Miss. Is there a problem?” A large grin instantly spread itself across your face. “Ani, ani.. kamsahabnida..” you continued to smile and took the plates of food from the trolley. The male thanked you and bowed. You smiled at him, bowed back, and shut the door. “Jonghyun.. you knew I would hurry to get dressed and not have time to eat, didn’t you..” you smiled to yourself. You sat down on the bed and crossed your legs like you had done with Jonghyun yesterday. Jonghyun had ordered you pancakes with a lot of sticky syrup, a pot of lemon tea and a small bowl of assorted fruits. You giggled and dug in.

A few minutes later, lying on your bed nursing your full stomach, you were startled by a loud knocking on your door. Again, you checked the time. It was a little after 11:00am. ‘This is probably Jonghyun,’ you thought to yourself. Smiling, you opened the door. There stood Jonghyun, even more handsome than you could possibly imagine. Although he wasn’t wearing anything that caught the eye, his simple navy blazer and slightly washed out blue jeans somehow made him appear even more attractive. He bared his teeth at you in a smile that made him look like a dinosaur and held up what looked like a package of some sort in his left hand. You tipped your head to one side. “You can’t possibly come to my fan signing dressed like that, can you?” Jonghyun teased, and handed you the package. You brought both him and the package into your room and closed the door. With a puzzled look on your face, you opened the box and pulled out the most simple, yet elegant dress you had ever seen. The straps were see-through, with little patterns on them. It was floor length, a simple plain black with no extra fluffy bits or weird patterns. The plunging neckline suggested that the appearance of a necklace was necessary, however, it was perfect. You remembered that you had bought a stunning small silver pendant necklace on your shopping trip yesterday which would go beautifully with the dress. You in your breath. “Jonghyun...” you breathed, “It’s gorgeous. What in the world made you buy this for me?” You spoke in English, staring in shock at the dress. Jonghyun seemed to understand as he replied, “You’re my guest at this event. I wanted to do this for you.” He gestured at the dress and smiled. He checked his watch then suddenly frowned. “We don’t have much time, Pocky. Can you change into this for me? I won’t look!” Jonghyun sat on the edge of the bed, turning his back away from you and covering his eyes. You giggled to yourself and happily slipped on the dress. It was a perfect fit. Jonghyun had guessed your size very accurately. You adjusted it in places, hooking the straps over your shoulder a little more, smoothing down the wrinkles at the back, then smiled at your reflection in the mirror on the desk, opposite the bed. Happy with your appearance, you began to rummage around in your shopping bags from yesterday, looking for the necklace you had bought. “________-ah! Are you ready? Can I see?” Jonghyun wined, still covering his eyes. “Aniyo! Give me a minute...” you replied. “Aha!” you shouted triumphantly, as you found the little necklace box. You opened it and tried to put it on – with difficulty. You looked over at Jonghyun, who was patiently waiting for you with his back still turned to you. “Jonghyun-ah... can you help me with this?” you asked him. He slowly turned around to face you and removed his hands from his eyes, which immediately widened at the sight of you. His jaw dropped and he let his hands fall to the bed with a heavy thud. “Y-you look...incredible.” he stuttered. You blushed intensely, bowing your head and grinning like a fool. You secretly agreed with him; you had decided to let your hair fall loosely around your shoulders instead of tying it back. Your hair, when left down, defined your heart shaped face and your big eyes. The dress that Jonghyun bought was an immediate boost for emphasising how great you looked, too. He stood up from the bed, not taking his eyes off you. You felt his beautiful brown orbs trace your image up and down, taking in how dazzling you looked. After a few heated moments, Jonghyun crossed over to you and took the necklace from you. You turned around and lifted your hair from your neck. Jonghyun’s breath tickled the nape of your neck, sending a wave of heat throughout your body. Jonghyun suddenly placed a hand on the right of your waist, and brought you closer to him forcefully. You staggered slightly, and bumped your back against his chest. You felt yourself redden and bowed your head, once again. Jonghyun managed to unclasp the necklace and brought it around your neck. After he was finished, he put both his heavy hands on your shoulders. You felt yourself tense up at his touch. This was still so surreal to you; having an idol in your room – buying you pretty dresses!

You spun around and came face to face with Jonghyun. You lifted your head to gaze into his eyes. You watched him as his eyes drifted all over your face, as if memorising every feature you had. In a quick movement, he had wrapped one arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him, placed the other arm around your neck and kissed you fully on the lips. This kiss was differently compared to the first one - this kiss was needier; more urgent. Your hair tumbled down your back as you let go and took Jonghyun’s face in your hands. He gently at your bottom lip, making a strangled noise as he did so. You opened your mouth, offering entrance to him. As you did, he pushed his tongue inside your mouth, twirling it around yours. His hands travelled down so both hands were on your waist. You felt euphoric. No-one had ever touched you as sensually as this before! A moment too soon – Jonghyun pulled away. He appeared to be breathless. “We can’t do this. I can’t do this... not right now.” He whispered. You simply gazed at him, your lips a darker red than before. He strode towards the door and opened it. “I guess I’ll be seeing you...?” you said, hanging your head. “What are you talking about? You’re getting a ride with me, pabo!” Jonghyun chuckled lightly, and grabbed your wrist, leading you out of the door.

The two of you made it down the hallway and almost into the lobby when you remembered that there might be Jonghyun’s fans still waiting for him. You were worried; what would people think? Jonghyun first takes a selca of you both and posts it to Twitter, now he’s attending his last fan signing event with you? What would his fans think? What would the press think? Jonghyun seemed to notice that you had slowed down. “What’s the matter?” he asked, coming to a stop infront of you. He was still holding your wrist, which gave you a little comfort. “I’m worried, Jonghyun-ah. What will people think of us? They will think that we are dating or something!” you whispered to him. Jonghyun laughed and continued to pull you along into the main hall, where you both could hear girls shouting, ‘Oppa!~’ Jonghyun smiled at their voices. “Don’t worry, Pocky. Just smile with me.”

As soon as you both entered the entrance hall, there was a rush of security, a huge gasp from the fans and a lot of flashing lights and clicks from cameras. You were startled, but Jonghyun held tight of your wrist. He s his left arm around your waist, still holding your wrist, and guided you through the fans. The hall was packed – fans were ing letters and presents in Jonghyun’s direction but he merely smiled and nodded at them, shouting a few, ‘kamshabnida!’s to fans who complimented him on his attire. Once you both reached outside, you took in a big gulp of fresh air and tried to compose yourself. There were even more fans outside, but thankfully the security of the hotel had put up barriers to let you and Jonghyun pass into the car that was waiting infront of you. Jonghyun paused and waved his right arm, trying to silence the crowd. “Listen up! Deuleusibsiyo! Can you listen to me for one moment please? Ne.. uhh, ne. This,” he shouted, facing you and smiling, “is my dear ________. She is a beautiful girl, and I would like you to treat her well, okay? Please come to SHINee’s last fan signing today! I hope to see you all! Kamsahabnida! Bye-bye!” Jonghyun waved, and you gave a small nod, feeling very much in the spotlight – something you were seriously not used to. You both hurried into the car, the driver holding the door for you. You had thankfully grabbed a small bag before you left your room, shoving some make-up inside. You quickly reached inside and powered your nose. Jonghyun stared at you then laughed, showing his beautiful teeth. “You look good enough to eat, so don’t bother with that.” He smiled at you.

Soon, you both had arrived at the fan signing. It was being held in a large park, with trees and lots of grass surrounding a small cluster of tents, assumingly which were for SHINee’s team and SHINee themselves. The car had drove up to one small gate out of many that lead into the park. It was being guarded by security, and it leaded directly towards the tents. Jonghyun helped you out of the car and you followed him through the security and towards a green coloured tent. He turned to you. “You have to stay here. I need to go and see the members and then my make-up noonas need to fix my face. Will you be okay here?” he asked, putting both his hands on your shoulders and leaning towards you. You nodded, gave a smile and replied, “I’m a big girl, and I’m looking forward to this.” You smirked and confidently walked into the green tent. You were immediately greeted by a bunch of women, cooing and smiling at you. You were much taller than them all because you were wearing heels. One woman approached you and said in broken English, “Very beautiful lady.. very very beautiful!” You threw back your head and thanked her directly, taking her hands and bowing your waist. These women were very nice to you, and you wanted to thank them all for doing so. One woman, who was younger than the rest, offered you a seat infront of a mirror. She seemed shy, so you sat down and smiled at her broadly. She giggled and stood behind you. “M-may I... style your... h-hair?” she mumbled with a smile on her face. You slowly agreed and proceeded to sit silently while the cute woman brushed your hair into big, soft curls around your chest. “What is your name?” you asked her, while she was playing with your fringe, sweeping it to one side. She seemed shocked that you had spoken directly to her, so she jumped. She quickly composed herself and bowed. “My name is Song Ji Yoo. I’m 17 years old.” She spoke in a soft, quiet voice. You felt an overwhelming urge to hug her and protect her. “I’m ________. I’m 20 years old! I think you are very good at styling hair. Look how great I look!” You admired yourself in the mirror. The compliment made Ji Yoo blush profusely and she giggled before scurrying away. You begin to watch through the mirror as all the women suddenly stood still, eyes wide and heads tilted to one side. The whole room inside the tent was hushed. You could hear fans outside screaming. ‘SHINee must have entered on stage,’ you thought to yourself. You heard a man introduce himself and then introduce SHINee. “Hello! We are shining SHINee!” you grinned to yourself. You couldn’t believe this was happening. You should be outside of the tent, on the other side of SHINee, waving at them and looking up at their smiling faces. Instead, you were behind them, in a tent. You wondered how long you were going to be stuck in the tent. You glanced down at your dress. ‘Why did Jonghyun make me wear this?’ you wondered. 

Suddenly, you heard your name be mentioned. It was Jonghyun’s voice – he was talking about you! Your heart began to thud in your chest and you started to feel yourself heating up. You wanted to scream and laugh and cry all at the same time. You began to fidget. How did you end up being an idols guest?! The team of women inside the tent were making various, ‘Oooh!’ and ‘Ahhh!’ noises. You couldn’t hear fully what Jonghyun was saying; he was speaking in fast Korean and although you had studied well, your vocabulary was not as advanced as a native speaker – not yet! In a flash of movement, 4 of the woman had helped you from your seat and were pushing you towards a set of steps. There were only 5 wooden steps in total, which lead towards a big white curtain. You stumbled and looked back at the women, confused. They stood at the bottom of the steps, giving you big smiles. “...Please welcome, the beautiful Miss ________!” a man shouted, and you took this as your cue to walk through the white curtain. You were hugely confused and anxious, but you put on a brave face and pushed through the curtain.

You were engulfed by more popping white lights and a sea of eyes staring up at you. It was overwhelming and exhilarating at the same time. You stood there, with your eyebrows raised and your mouth slightly parted. You quickly came back to your senses and stared around you. You were on a big wooden stage with large stage lights above you. There were banners with SHINee’s faces plastered all over the set and the active crowd infront of you seemed to stare into your very soul. A man in a black suit was standing next to SHINee towards your right. Immediately, you were captivated by the boys. They stood, gawping at you. You did not usually wear dresses, so you felt slightly embarrassed. The SHINee members – including Jonghyun – stared at you with wide eyes as they checked you out. You remembered to be polite, so you bowed to the man in the suit, assuming he was the host for tonight’s event, bowed to the crowd then bowed to the SHINee members. Kim Kibum came running towards you and flung his arms around your neck. You were surprised by this and laughed loudly as the crowd screamed at Kibum’s action. He squeezed you tightly then released himself and placed his hands around your wrists. “It’s so nice to meet you!” he greets you in English. “You too, Kibum!” you reply. “Please, call me Key. We’re friends now!” You redden slightly, still very new to standing with a bunch of idols. Lee Jinki is next to greet you. He makes his way over to you, but trips over his feet and staggers. The crowd of fans scream again. Key grabbed the MC’s mike and says in his powerful voice, “Typical Onew.” The crowd – of course – screams again. Lee Jinki holds his hand out and takes your own, bowing politely before letting go. “It’s nice to meet you, ________. I’m Lee Jinki, but you probably knew that already. Call me Onew!” Onew gives a cheesy grin before returning to his place beside the other members. Choi Minho slowly strides over to where you are standing and nods at you. He remains silent while he lets his eyes travel up and down your figure. You squirm, thinking that the crowd can see, but Minho stood infront of you so only him and yourself could see what he was doing. “I’m Minho.” He states, simply. The fans cheer and gaze on in awe at you meeting SHINee. ‘They must be so jealous of me right now!’ you chuckle to yourself. Taemin is the last to greet you. He playfully hops over to you and bumps your shoulders in a friendly way. In a quiet voice, he nudges you and says, “I’m Taemin. I think we’ll be good friends.” You grin at him, admiring his playfulness.

You glance up at Jonghyun. He stays where he is, but motions for you to come near him. The SHINee member’s line up behind you as Jonghyun leads you towards the centre of the stage. He then began to speak. “Good afternoon, everyone! I am Jonghyun from your favourite band, SHINee!” The crowd shrieks and jumps up and down. “I am guessing that most of you saw my Twitter update last night, right?~” He leans towards the crowd, who scream, “Ne!” back to him. “So you’ll all know who this pretty lady is, right?~” Jonghyun questions, stealing a grin from you. The crowd respond again and you giggle, turning back to look at the SHINee members. They were all smiling at you, apart from Minho, who was staring at you with a weird look upon his face, yet he appeared to be smirking. You turned back and continued to listen to Jonghyun’s speech. “This pretty lady is called ________. She saved me from some naughty fans that were a bit too forward with me yesterday!” The crowd, ‘Ahhh!’d. “If it wasn’t for her, I might not have been here today~” Jonghyun moans dramatically and lifts the back of his right hand to his forehead, gaining another reaction from the fans. Suddenly, you feel the air go tense. You watch Jonghyun as he turns his full body towards you.

“________. I am very thankful for you helping me... I want to say thank you... properly...”