- 3

Was it fate?

 

‘Damn! I’m so close to him! Am I breathing too heavily out of my nose? Am I going cross-eyed? Do I look okay this close to him?’ You worry to yourself but are cut short by Jonghyun wiggling his eyebrows, signalling you to start eating. You both close your eyes and begin to eat. You remind yourself to take small bites; not wanting to look like a pig infront of the idol! The small sounds of snaps and crunches fill the silent room which added to the growing suspense. Secretly wishing your lips would bump with Jonghyun’s again, you feel hot breath on your face. ‘Omo! He’s so close!’ you squeal to yourself. Daringly, you peel open one of your eyes to find Jonghyun’s deep ones staring right back at you. Startled, you opened your mouth in shock, forgetting all about the Pocky stick as it dropped to the floor. Jonghyun’s mouth closed around yours once more and you felt a soft tongue flick at yours. You allowed him to taste you, to feel you, and you shut your eyes again. Jonghyun’s right hand found its way up the small of your back, all the way up to the nape of your neck where he closed his hand around it. He pressed inward, forcing you closer to him, making his tongue explore deeper into your mouth. An almost inaudible moan escaped from Jonghyun’s throat, making your entire body prickle with heat. Before you lost control of your actions, you pushed Jonghyun and broke away from the kiss, a little breathless and panting slightly. Jonghyun’s head was tilted forward, along with his hips. His arms hung limply at his sides, but the burning desire radiating from his eyes suggesting a different story. You inhale sharply and whispered, “Whoa...” Jonghyun, after a very tense moment, seemed to come back to his senses because he switched to a more relaxed stance and said with a shrug, “I don’t know what came over me.” His stomach gave a loud rumble. “Maybe it’s because I haven’t eaten! Let’s order room service. I’ll pay!” He smiles sweetly at you and makes his way over to the phone near a little laminate menu. “What do you want to order?” he asks you, flipping around the menu to see pictures of delicious food. “Anything that you have. I’ll clean up a little.” You reply, and began to clear up your room and the bed, which somehow, the box of Pocky’s were strewn all over it. Jonghyun decides on ordering various combinations of foods for the two of you; meat and rice, numerous vegetable platters and lots of sauce dishes.

After around 40 minutes, there was a knock on the door. Jonghyun hurriedly jumped up from the bed and yanked open the door a little too hard, letting the young woman with the food trolley get a good look at you. Your hair was a little messy from playing with Jonghyun and the royal blue sweatshirt you were wearing hung loosely off your left shoulder. You had decided earlier to wear ¾ length leggings because they were comfortable to walk in and you hadn’t scheduled to spending a night with an idol, so it must have looked to the poor food lady that you were very comfortable with Jonghyun. The woman’s eyes glanced from Jonghyun to yourself, shaped like an, ‘O’. She handed Jonghyun the tray of food, whispered a scarce, ‘Kamsahabnida’ before bowing deeply and scurrying away. Jonghyun laughed, showing those lovely teeth of his, as he closed the door with his foot. He made his way over to the bed and put down the plates of food. Bouncing down, he motioned for you to join. “Thank you for the meal, Jonghyun-ah. Really. Kamsahabnida.” You smile at him, and dig in.

You both continued to eat in silence for a while, when Jonghyun shouts, “Ya! I’ve thought of a nickname for you!” You look up and let a grin spread across your face. Jonghyun was thinking about you. “Ne?” you reply. “Are you ready? Your nickname is... Pocky!” He bellows and gives a hearty laugh. You feel your cheeks redden for the umpteenth time that evening as you recall what happened with the Pocky’s not too long ago. “Jo ah yo. I like it.” You nod, as if confirming your new nickname. Jonghyun swallows another mouthful of food and clears his throat. He pulls out his phone from his jeans pocket and checks the time. “Whoa~ It’s 9:14pm. I didn’t realise the time. We’re eating late!” He pauses. “I want to call Kibum. Key. If you’re okay with that? I want you to talk to him. Let’s let him know what a fun night we’ve had!” You mutter a quiet, “Umm...” to yourself, not feeling at all ready to meet another idol. Jonghyun mischievously giggles and speed dials Key. After around 4 rings, he picks up. Jonghyun puts the call on loud speaker. You both are sitting cross-legged on the bed, facing each other. “Yeobbosayo?” Jonghyun asks the phone. “Jjong! Annyeong! What are you doing right now? Where are you?" Key’s powerful voice rattled throughout the room. “Kibum. Listen to me. I met a girl who saved me from some sasaeng fans today. Her name is ________ and I’ve spent the evening with her.” He paused. “She’s cool~” Key’s voice went quiet also. Then- “Hello!~~~” Key greeted in English. You stifle a giggle and put your hand over your mouth. “Annyeong! My name is ________, nice to meet you!” you say in a confident, bright voice. Somehow, Key’s voice seemed to put you at ease, making it easier to talk to him. “Hi-hi!~ Where are you from? Wait... are you the girl from Jjong’s Twitter? Omo! You are too cute!” Key exclaims. Your inner fangirl explodes. “She’s mine, pabo!" Jonghyun jokes. You try to speak but you suddenly find that you have gone extremely shy. You fear that if you speak, you might say something silly. “Ya, I have to go. I’m at a bar. I shouldn’t drink but never mind! We’ll talk real soon, right, ________? Bye-bye guys! Enjoy your night!” Key ends the call. “Are you okay, Pocky?” Jonghyun asks you. Your face is slightly red and you dip your head forward, your heart rattling in your chest. At risk of squealing a loud, ‘Ooooo!’, you simply nod. You hold up a finger to Jonghyun to signal that you'll be back in one minute and slide off the bed to get a drink of water which would hopefully cool you down. You come back a few minutes later, realising how full you are from the food. “I’m so full...” you say, prodding your stomach. “Me too, Pocky. Let’s clean up.” You both stacked the dishes near the door of your room and collapse on the bed. You felt yourself becoming sleepy. Eyeing Jonghyun and noticing that his eyes were closed but he probably wasn’t sleeping, you decided to take a risk and laid your head carefully on Jonghyun’s arm. Without flinching or even opening his eyes, Jonghyun played with your hair and quietly hummed a tune which sounded similar to Dream Girl. Your eyes turned heavy and you suddenly became very aware of Jonghyun’s warm body pressed up against your own. Slowly, you drifted off into one of the best sleeps you have had in a long time. 

 

 

 

 

Woooo!~ So that's all I've wrote so far. It's short, I know. I don't think I'll post anything else until I know someone is actually reading it by commenting! Haha~ Anyways, thank you for reading up to this point - if you have - and let me know whether I should continue! <3