Just So Into You

Too Good to be True [HIATUS]

 

A/N: Herro~~

I'm back with a new story ^^; I really should finish the other ones but I couldn't contain my XiuHan feels guys! One of my ultimate OTPs ;A;

Anyways, hope you enjoy!


 

Minseok enthusiastically takes notes as the teacher drones on about the next assessment that’s due in the following week. Being a diligent student, he wants nothing more than to keep his record on having good grades. Minseok wasn’t one of those smart students who was bullied or harassed, but more so one of those students who kept to himself and his social circle. Which wasn’t very big mind you. Despite devoting most of his hours to study, Minseok loves to sing and play soccer during his spare time. However, there is also one other thing, he loves…


“As you can see on the board, the assessment requires you to be…” The teacher continues. The boy adverted his gaze and attention for a few seconds towards the student sitting two seats diagonally upwards from him.

 

…And that’s Xi Luhan.

 

The Chinese international student who transferred to Minseok’s school the year before, instantly gaining popularity, stole Minseok’s interest within a glance. It wasn’t love or anything of the sort, more like the fact that Luhan has a very beautiful face. Twinkling eyes of a doe, skin smooth like a baby’s bottom and creamy coloured skin which glows along with the presence of his smile. It was infatuation, but Luhan was definitely out of Minseok’s league…at least that’s what he thought.

 

“…seok…Minseok,” a soft voice called out. Minseok zoned out momentarily before a hand taps his plump cheek causing him to snap back to reality. He saw his friend, Joonmyeon gesturing to the papers in his hand.

 

“Oh sorry,” Minseok quietly apologised before taking a sheet before passing back to the next student. Joonmyeon looked at him with an expression implying ‘Let me guess, you were staring at him again weren’t you?’ Minseok sheepishly grinned and nodded. Joonmyeon shook his head at his friend and turned away with a small grin. It wasn’t long until class finally came to an end and the students started filing out of the classroom. Minseok watched as Luhan exited the room, giggling as he conversed with the other Chinese student, Yixing.

 

“It’s almost as though he’s the subject you’re studying,” Minseok rolled his eyes and looked up to his best friend since they were in diapers. Jongdae smirked.

 

“Has there even been a time where you started a conversation with me normally? Like Hey Minseok how’re you?” Minseok asked sarcastically. Jongdae replied with a wide grin and a peace sign.

 

“You should know this is my way of showing that I care for you,” Jongdae replied with a slight chuckle. “Oh hey babe,” he greeted as Joonmyeon took Jongdae’s arm and wrapped it around his waist. They shared a kiss, making Minseok fake gag.

 

“Minseok-hyung, are you done? Let’s go meet the others,” Joonmyeon said with a slight tug on Jongdae’s arm. Minseok nodded before packing his things and heading off to their usual hang out area during their breaks.

 

“So lover boy, how are you and your boy boy?” Minseok scoffed at the question as he grudgingly ate his lunch while glaring at his friend, Baekhyun.

 

“Oh shut up, he’s better than that giraffe you’re with,” Minseok retorted. Baekhyun gasped playfully and smacked the other slightly.

 

“Chanyeol is a beautiful giraffe mind you, at least I got progress, to be honest I have no idea what you’re afraid of,” Baekhyun replied with sass. Minseok looked at him in disbelief.

 

“Oh I don’t know how about humiliation, rejection and possibly being targeted by his fanbase?” Minseok replied. “Plus it’s never going to happen, he’s so out of my league…I could never get someone like him,” he continued.

 

Baekhyun sighed. “Well you don’t really have anything to lose and I doubt any of the other things would happen. Besides, I bet he totally would be into your huge rimmed glasses, plump cheeks, pudgy belly and intelligence,” the younger waved off. Minseok gave him a deadpan look.

 

“I appreciate the compliment,” he said sarcastically.

 

“You’re welcome,” Baekhyun smiled, causing Minseok to roll his eyes.

 

“I didn’t say thank you,” the elder muttered. Baekhyun ignored him.

 

“What do you guys think?” he asked the couple who was busy feeding each other during their conversation. They both hummed whilst in thought.

 

“Well I think Baekhyun is somewhat correct, why not try to get to know Luhan and spend some time with him,” Joonmyeon offered. “I mean he’s in almost all of your classes, so I’m sure he knows your face,” Minseok pursed his lips.

 

“I guess…but it’s not even that big of a deal, I don’t like him that much,” Minseok muttered. “He’s just beautiful that’s all…”

 

Baekhyun gasped at him in a melodramatic fashion. “Minseok! Are you only aiming for his body?” he teased.

 

Minseok’s eyes widened within a split of a second before shaking his head vigorously. “What! No! Baekhyun!” he sputtered. Baekhyun chuckled.

 

“Kidding!” Baekhyun stated. “Anyways, I still stand by my statement and Joonmyeon-hyung’s suggestion is a good way to start,”

 

“No, I’m not good with being subtle. One moment I’m in front of him face to face and then I’m puking my appreciation for his looks,” Minseok huffed. “I’ll just take it as it comes…no need to rush,”

 

“I bet that’s what Luhan would say,” Chen snickered, causing for Minseok to glare at him and Joonmyeon to playfully hit him trying to conceal his own small grin.

 

Once break was over, Minseok made his way over to Biology that happens to be another class he shared with the Chinese beauty. Since it was practically the beginning of the new school semester, they haven’t been assigned lab partners yet. The students started filling the room taking their desired seats. As soon as everyone settled down the teacher cleared his throat before introducing the assessment pieces that are lined up for the semester. 

 

“Alright, so I want you to take a good look at the person sitting next to you because he or she will your lab partner for the rest of the semester. If there are any questions please raise your hand,” the teacher announced. Minseok sighed since the seat next to him was empty, as he was about to raise his hand the classroom door creaked open revealing Luhan panting slightly. The class looked and hushed whispers flooded the room.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late Seon-saeng-nim,” apologized Luhan, as he bowed. “One of my friends injured his leg and I had to help get to the school clinic,” he explained as he gave the teacher his note from the nurse, justifying his tardiness.

 

“That’s fine Luhan, please take a seat,” said the teacher. “Whoever you choose to sit with, will be your lab partner for the semester,” Luhan nodded and looked around the classroom. Both girls and boys in the class shyly making eye contact with him, their eyes glimmering with hope that he’ll possibly sit next to them despite having their partners sorted already. Luhan gazed over at Minseok and smiled him as he made his way over so occupy the empty seat.

 

“Aww Minseok is so lucky”

 

“Wish Luhan would sit next to me”

 

“I wanted Luhan to be my partner”

 

Minseok smirked inwardly as he overheard the muttering from the other classmates. ‘That’s right es’ he thought in victory.

 

“Hi Minseok,” Luhan greeted sweetly. Minseok smiled back casually trying to hide his surprise. ‘I guess Joonmyeon was right, he does know me,’ Minseok thought. “I guess we’ll be lab partners for the semester,” the Chinese stated.

 

“Hey Luhan,” he greeted back. “And yeah I guess so,” Minseok chuckled.

 

“I look forward to it,” Luhan said with a hint of shyness. Minseok kept his grin before turning away slightly to hide his creeping blush. It wasn’t long until the class ended and Minseok was in the midst of packing his stuff.

 

“Minseok,” Luhan softly called out. Minseok looked up and answered with a small hum. “Well since we have to work on the research project, how about we meet up twice a week after school to work on it?” The Korean took note of Luhan’s enthusiasm for their possibly after school sessions.

 

“Yeah that sounds great, did you have a place in mind where we should work at?” Minseok asked.

 

“I was thinking over at my place since it’s so close to school, and my parents are okay with people coming over,” Luhan replied.

 

“Sounds great, we can always switch it up every now and then if you’d like, I live really close to school too,” Minseok offered. Luhan gave him another angelic smile.

 

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow in first period,” Luhan waved before walking off. Minseok smiled while waving back before finishing packing up his things to go to his next class.

 

Finally at the end of the day Minseok was at his locker. Baekhyun slid next to his locker door like the diva he was and gave the elder a knowing grin. Silently acknowledging his presence, Minseok decided to not say anything and continue with what he was doing. “So…you’re now lab partners and he invited you to his house…” Baekhyun said slyly.

 

Minseok slowly turned his head towards Baekhyun’s direction to gaze at him. “How did you find that out?” he asked.

 

“Just something that I happen to overhear at the watering hole,” Baekhyun giggled cheekily. “I must say, Luhan was very excited and blushed a nice shade of pink when spazzing to his friends,” Minseok’s eyes widened but then he shook his head and glared at Baekhyun.

 

“You’re bluffing,” he accused suspiciously. Baekhyun raised his hands in surrender.

 

“I’m not, I’m serious,” Baekhyun promised. “But you know what this means?” he asked excitedly.

 

Minseok sighed. “What?” he asked.

 

“He’s into you!” Baekhyun exclaimed cheerfully. “Isn’t this great!”

 

“Whose into who?” Jongdae’s voice rang in their ears as he made his way over with Joonmyeon next to him. “Oh wait let me guess, Luhan?” he joked.

 

“How the hell did you know?” Minseok asked in slight surprise. He then looked at Joonmyeon with slight wide eyes. “Did you know too Joonmyeon?” he threw his head back in disbelief as soon as the redheaded boy nodded.

 

“All three of us were there over hearing him as he gushed about you on our way to History,” Joonmyeon chuckled.

 

“You guys are ing with me aren’t you?” Minseok asked in suspicion.

 

“Fine, don’t believe us. You’ll find out sooner or later anyways,” Baekhyun said while checking his hair in the reflection from his phone. Minseok took his bag out of his locker before closing it shut. As all four of them made their way over towards the exit of the school, Minseok looked towards his right and saw Luhan chatting with his friends. As if he knew, Luhan turned and locked eyes with Minseok. He smiled cutely and waved, Minseok sheepishly smiling back returning the wave. Once he looked back to his friends, he was met with four grins with Chanyeol appearing out of nowhere.

 

“He’s so into you,” Jongdae stated confidently as he looked at Luhan stealing glances at Minseok, twisting his finger in his hair while pursing his lips.

 

“I think it’s so cute,” Joonmyeon cooed as joined in with Jongdae in observing Luhan. “I hope you guys date soon,” he said as he winked at Minseok.

 

“We’ll see about that,” Minseok huffed before they all separated ways.