Chapter Eight

Blackmailing Lee Hyori's Daughter

After some thinking, Mina decided she'd call Jaeyoong and ask if her parents were home. If they were, she could ask if he could come get the puppy himself. But if they weren't, she'd go over and explain she was one of those people who had a rich backround but hated showing it. Which in reality, it was only a half lie. She hated showing it, so that part was true. She could say her dad was a lawyer or something. That's why they were so rich.

 

She set her brush back down and walked out, finding Namjoon on his back with Joy on his chest his face. He was trying to inch his face away but she kept crawling forward. He was actually giggling at this, showing off his dimple, which Mina thought was adorable. Instead of ruining the moment, she went to go get her phone off of the table in the living room.

 

"Hello?" A voice answered on the other line, and Mina was grateful he was even up; Jaeyoong was not a morning person. At all. "Jaeyoong! Thank God you're awake. Listen, are mom and dad home?" There was a silence and for a minute she thought he's maybe gone back to sleep. Right when she was about the yell at him he answered.

 

"Nah, both are gone. I just checked." Oh yeah, I never made it clear that Jaeyoong actually lived with Mina and her parents, did I? Well he does, in fact, Jaeyoong and Mina have known each other since they were like, 10. Well technically Jaeyoong was 12, but whatever, two years isn't a huge . His dad and and her dad went to school together so it was a no brainer when they started talking again that their kids would know each other. Though at the time, Sangsoon wasn't her dad yet, but she didn't care.

 

"Okay, cool. Because I'm coming over with Namjoon."

 

"Wait, isn't he a member of that Bangtan group? Mina, are you sure that's safe? I mean, you're the one who didn't want to be known as Lee Hyori's daughter." She sighed. "I know, but he got me a new puppy and then asked if I wanted to hangout with Bangtan today and I can't leave her by herself." Then he sighed. "Fine. Hopefully your other dog won't hurt her or anything. And you're lucky he's fixed." With that, he hung up, which she was used to, but she still rolled her eyes and slipped her phone into her bra. (Normally she didn't do this but she had no pockets, so she had no choice)

 

Finally, she called Namjoon as she went back to her room to put on her white converse. (which originally belonged to Taehyung, so they were already a little worn out — gee, when did her wardrobe suddenly become full of Bangtan's clothes?) When she looked at the door Namjoon was already standing in the doorway with Joy in his arms again.

 

"Ready?"

-------------------

Namjoon had parked at the side of the street, already noticing they were in the more rich looking part of town. But he didn't say anything, and Mina was happy about that. When they finally entered the house, she closed the door and quickly texted Jaeyoong.

 

"Hey, by the way, I forgot to mention you're my older brother and dad's a lawyer, in case he asks. Oh, and we're here." She felt her phone vibrate against her chest, but ignored it, and turned to take Joy out of the other's arms. Then she started calling for her other dog, who by the way, was a miniature English Bulldog. But he was harmless unless called for. As in, his family was in danger type measures. Oh, and with people he didn't know that didn't seem... approved by somebody like Mina or her mom.

 

"Gom! Come here, boy!" She called out, listening for his footsteps somewhere on the tile. Namjoon paused, looking at the shorter figure beside him. ".... Bear? Gee, never heard that one before." He said to where she could tell he was being sarcastic, and turned around to glare. "Shut up. You'll see why I called him Bear when you see him."

 

For whatever reason, there was nothing. Where in the world was that dog? Normally he'd be running to her by now. Maybe he was upstairs, sometimes he can't hear her up there. "Yah! Gom, where are you?" Finally, Jaeyoong's door opened and the brown and white patterned dog came running out, slightly slipping on the tile floor a bit before trying to jump on Mina.

 

Normally she'd let him, but since she had Joy in her arms she didn't let him. Then he understood why and tilted his head up at her, causing her to laugh. She bent down, getting on her knees and letting the two puppies see who each other were. But then Gom noticed Namjoon standing behind Mina and started lightly growling.

 

"Hey, stop that. He's cool." She set down Joy and stood to hug the rapper, thought he was hesitant to wrap his arms around her waist. Even if he was a miniature Bulldog, he was still pretty intimidating. "See? He's not hurting me." This is what I meant by getting approved by somebody in the family. Because now the dog had backed down, going back to the little Pomsky on the floor. If Mina hadn't showed that Namjoon was okay, he probably would've started trying to scare him away. He wouldn't attack though, not unless Namjoon hurt her or something.

 

Jaeyoong finally decided to come out of his room, in a simple black shirt and basketball shorts. Maybe that's where she got her fashion taste.... "What's up? I'm Jaeyoong." Him and Namjoon brofisted and Jaeyoong moved his bangs out of his face.

 

"Wait a minute, I know you. You're the one guy you came and picked Mina up from practice that one time." Namjoon was pointing up at the ravenette in front of him, and Jaeyoong nodded, after all, that was technically his job. "Yup, I pick her up a lot because mom and dad are always busy." Then the leader looked around.

 

"Where are you parents anyway? If you don't mind me asking." Jaeyoong sighed, as if he were thinking. "Well dad left for work a while back ago, and mom I think had some sort of book club thing, I dunno." He lazily shrugged, and Mina thought he should start going into acting. She wasn't the best liar, but she never realized how good Jaeyoong was at it.... How many other things has he lied to her about?

 

"Anyway, we should get going before I'm late or something. Nice meeting you, by the way." Namjoon said, getting a nod from Jaeyoong before he headed back downstairs. Mina had quickly pet both Joy and Gom one more time before hugging her 'brother', then following Namjoon.

 

"You know," Namjoon started once they got back in the car, "Jaeyoong is also the guy Jimin thought was your boyfriend." Mina's eyebrows went up in surprise and she looked at the older. "Yeah, back when you two had a thing and ended it before it even started. He was afraid he was ruining a relationship."

 

She scoffed. So that's why he's been avoiding her. "Jesus, that idiot. He should've talked to me about it." The older laughed. "You know Jimin, he's not one to address the problem, unfortunately." He glanced at her quickly before putting his eyes back on the road. "So...." he began, "... you still like him?" He shouldn't have been curious, but Namjoon felt like her older brother, like he had to be protective of her.

 

She shook her head. "Nah. That was at least a year ago now, right? I wasn't in love, it was just a thing. I'm surprised he managed to go on this long. Now since he's been doing it for so long it'll be weird patching up what we lost. Friendship wise, I mean." He chuckled, letting her know he got what she meant. "I know, you two got along well even if you liked each other. You're almost the female version of him in talents perspective. Both great at singing and dancing. If you were good at rapping as well, you might as well be Jungkook's female equivalent."

 

As much as Mina hated hearing that last sentence, it was true; the maknae was very talented, and she would admit it, attractive. He could go far in many places. And she knew he was generally a sweetheart and a dork to most people, the only reason he was an to her was because they had a rocky introduction. He was probably like that with other people he didn't like either.

 

She was a little hesitant with her next question. "Do.... Do you think I should try resolving my problems with him? .... Jungkook, I mean." She heard Namjoon sigh. "If you want to. I mean, the hatred between you two isn't that bad compared to other people. In fact, I'd say it was like sibling rivalry at the most."

 

Now that she thought of it, he was right. Siblings fought about dumb things. This was a dumb thing. He gave her attitude and she didn't like it so she acted on it. Wrongly, obviously. And even if they did "make up", she was sure he'd still be an . Maybe a little nicer, but definitely still and .

 

"Oh." There was a little more silence before Namjoon cleared his throat. "So, how come you didn't tell me you know English?" Oh, so now it was the phase to get to know her. It was only fair since she knew a good amount about Namjoon, Hoseok, and kind of Yoongi. "Umm... I didn't think it was that important honestly."

 

"Your English is really good though. There's barely any accent thought. It reminds of Miss A's Min because she has a small accent, too. Where'd you learn?" Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell him a little bit about myself.... I'll have to change some details, though... She thought, clearing .

 

"Well, actually, I lived in LA for about three years. I've only been back in Korea for about two."

 

"Really?" He was quite impressed. Now that he thought about it, maybe that's why she seemed so familiar with LA when she tagged along with them when they went. "Yep. Jaeyoong oppa went, too. And our uncle." She hoped the lie wasn't too obvious, because it wasn't her uncle that went, it was actually Jaeyoong's father.

 

"Yeah, our parents agreed to let us go to LA for a few years to experience America. That's where I learned English and where I learned everything I know now in entertainment wise."

 

"Is that so?"

 

"Yep." She responded, popping the 'p' sound at the end. "I literally knew nothing about dancing before I went to LA and my singing wasn't the best, in fact, it was really average. I have old videos of my improvement from then and now. I can show them to you someday."

-----------------

Namjoon arrived at the M Countdown building and they entered, soon finding the waiting room BTS was in. They had a pre-recording for Danger that day and they were still waiting their turn to go on. Namjoon had been whisked away by a stylist noona so she could get him ready for the performance.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

Can you guess you said that? Jungkook, of course. Mina sighed and turned to face the maknae. "Namjoon invited me."

 

"Why?"

 

"Well he stopped by my place and then asked if I wanted to come."

 

"Why?"

 

".... He gave me a present for my sixth month of debuting...."

 

There was a pause and Mina looked up to see Jungkook looking a tad hurt. Now it was her turn to ask why. When she did, the maknae cleared his throat and turned around, sitting in a swivel chair and turning it towards the wall. She tooked around, confused obviously, but none of the other members were paying attention.

 

So, she walked over to the ravenette and crouched next to him. He tried turning away, but she grabbed the chair and moved it towards her, then pushed him into the corner where nobody would look. Then she got on her knees in front of him. "Okay, what's wrong?" She still didn't care much for the boy, but she thought trying to become his friend instead of hating him might be easier. Especially since he knew about who her mom was.

 

"Why are you being.... nice to me?" She sighed. That wasn't the answer she wanted. "Look, I know we started off bad, but it's stupid, don't you agree? Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have been snooping like I was, so I understand if you got irritated by it since it probably happens a lot, right?" The maknae nodded, looking down. "... I guess I shouldn't have given you an attitude, huh? I'm sorry.... that was just a bad day for me and I wasn't done venting out by practice because, well, you interrupted me."

 

She smiled a little. "Now come on, what's wrong?" She asked again, and finally Jungkook looked up from his fingers to look at her. "I think...... I think Rapmon hyung forgot about my birthday." Then Mina felt bad; she had forgotten about his birthday, too, but considering his mood, she wasn't going to let him know that.

 

"Hey, why would you say that? You're a hard person to forget you know?" He looked up and smiled at her, and she'd be lying if she said she didn't find him cute in that moment. "Now come on, why do you think Namjoon oppa forgot your birthday?" Jungkook had to ignore the fact she called him oppa, and instead sighed.

 

"Well when he got up this morning, he treated it as if it was a normal day while all the other hyung's had wished me a Happy Birthday.... But Rapmon hyung just got dressed and left saying he needed to be somewhere...." Then Mina felt bad; that somewhere was her house. Now she felt as if she needed to make it up to him.

 

"Listen, do you have any thing else to do after this?" She questioned, and the maknae nodded his head. "Yeah, we have After School Club to do at around one." She looked at the clock. That was about two hours from now. "Well I'm sure oppa is going to ask if I wanna come to that, so-" She was cut off.

 

"I think he likes you, you know. Rapmon hyung, I mean." Her eyebrows shot up in surprise at such a statement. Jungkook simple laughed at her reaction. "Look at it; you two have grown really close over the months. He's been getting your presents every time month since your debut. He hangs around you a lot. He forgot my birthday but not your sixth month of debuting. Come on, Mina, you can't be that blind, can you?"

 

She blinked, thinking back far enough to where to signs started. Then she gasped. Jeon Jungkook was right. Kim Namjoon liked her.

 

"Hey, Mina, where are you-" Namjoon. He must've been done with makeup. She stood from her corner and Namjoon's eyes widened ever so slightly. Why was she in a corner with Jungkook? The boy she claims to not like?

 

"Hey, oppa, do you think you could drop me and Jungkook back off at my parents house after this? There's something I forgot over there."

 

"Um, sure. But why does Jungkook need to come with?" Even Jungkook was kind of confused. She smiled. "To give him his birthday present, of course!" And then the look Namjoon had confirmed the maknae's theory. His hyung forgot his birthday. Ouch.

-----------------

A/N: Hey guys! So the next chapter will really just be Jungkook and Mina at her house really. Nothing special

Since he won the poll I'm trying to find a way to make it not so.... fake sounding? Idk. I know it's only a fan fic but I don't want it to sound unrealistic or anything lol

The next chapter should actually be up later today or tomorrow or something