A reason

Listen to my heart

-Give me a reason to love, to hate, but make it a reason nonetheless.-

 

 

Kyuhyun shifted uncomfortably in his chair while Yunho and Jaejoong chatted about their plans for the next day. The couple had made a delicious meal, but failed at creating an enjoyable atmosphere.

"I think we should go to the mall and buy some necessary things for the house," Jaejoong said firmly while looking at Yunho with don't-you-dare-say-something-else eyes.

Yunho then sighed and made another attempt which started with something along the lines, "Boo darling..."

Kyuhyun didn't bother trying to figure their words any more. He was more preoccupied with other matter. For example, he was much more interested in his plate of uneaten food which was looking very beautiful and mysterious at the moment. He couldn’t tear his eyes away from the simple object.

The other teenager at the table, on the other hand, was eating like there was no tomorrow; however, he hadn't taken his eyes off of Kyuhyun. Thus, making the elder look at his plate as if it were about leave from the table.

Why is this handsome guy staring at me? Kyuhyun thought and dared to look at the taller male across the table.

Does he even know how to eat? Ew, that's gross. He also observed as Changmin proceeded to fill his mouth with food, leaving half of the meat hanging from his mouth while sauce tainted the surroundings of his mouth.

Never mind, he's not handsome at all! Kyuhyun sighed taking a spoonful of his plate. His thoughts drifted towards the memories of earlier that day.

He remembered opening the door of his room only to be met by the figure of a boy taller and more built than him. He was stunned for a moment seeing how handsome the boy was, but it only lasted a moment.

Changmin smiled at him, a million watt smile and that did it for Kyuhyun, the bubble burst.

He sighed again from his chair.

 Shouldn't they introduce us? Although I'm not sure about him. I bet he'll be annoyingly optimistic and will try to befriend me, but even then it'd be better if they'd introduced us so it wouldn't be awkward.

Changmin noticed that the elder hadn’t eaten much and figured he must be feeling uncomfortable with a stranger on his dining table, so he tried to make some conversation to lessen the awkward atmosphere.

He wanted to get to know the shorter male since they’d live together for some time and since he was around his age Changmin figured they could have a nice friendship. He also believed the boy had an enticing and alluring beauty. Maybe it was his eyes…

“Kyuhyun, could you pass me the salad?” Changmin spoke softly while looking at the elder, but got no reply.

The taller male mentally kicked himself when he remembered that Kyuhyun could not hear him, so instead, he kicked the brunet softly below the table.

Kyuhyun’s head snapped towards Changmin caught off guard. He noticed how the taller said something and signaled towards something in the table, but he couldn’t catch it so he gave the younger a disinterested look.

Then, Changmin tried again signaling the salad while talking and that’s when Jaejoong and Yunho noticed what was happening.

Kyuhyun grew frustrated and reached for the dressing and passed it to Changmin still not being able to read the other male’s lips since he was talking too fast. When Changmin made no move to take the dressing, Kyuhyun’s face turned red and he felt hot tears forming on his eyes.

He stood up feeling humiliated and looking at Changmin, glaring through his tears, “Are you ing mocking me?”

He knew it. He knew Changmin was like everyone else and he decided he hated him for that.

Changmin excused himself from the dinner table feeling like he had been slapped hard across the face.

-

"Aish, why did this have to happen? Why? Why? WHY?" Yunho sighed and screamed while pulling at his hair and pouting.

"There, there," his boyfriend patted his back softly and worried, but also knowing that they could not intervene in the matter. Although it might seem irresponsable, Kyuhyun and Changmin had to build their own relationship. Of course, they'd do something if things turned out too bad, but for now it was a matter of time.

"Hey, wanna have shower ?"

"What are you waiting for, kitten?" 

Yunho was already climbing the stairs.

"Well, that's a new record," Jaejoong gulped his drink and followed his Yunnie bear chuckling.

-

“Why am I so stupid?” He muttered to himself once he was alone in his room.

He kept repeating Kyuhyun’s words again and again in his mind. The elder had sounded so hurt, but determined. So hateful…

“Ugh! I must do something!” He messed his hair and threw himself on his bed. Suddenly, he felt his phone ring from his right pocket so he got it and looked and his new message. He smiled; it was from Kibum.

From: Bummie xD

How’s everything going? :p

He groaned again remembering his misery.

To: Bummie xD

I screwed up with Kyuhyun -.-‘

From: Bummie xD

So go fix it babo!

He looked at his phone, chuckling. How could he fix it was the question.

Changmin stood up from the bed when something caught his attention. He saw among his unpacked stuff, a black notebook threatening to fall from one of the boxes.

He picked it up and smiled at the idea forming in his head. Then, he heard the water run in the bathroom and decided it was now a good time to perform his plan.

He quickly grabbed a marker and wrote I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you. I’m just not used to this, but I want to be your friend.

Ripping the page from the notebook, the tall male made his way towards the door, but upon turning the knob he found it locked. Thus, he pushed the paper below the door and waited.

However, the only response he got was half an hour of music and a door closing. Anxious, he stood up and walked towards the door once again only to find it still locked.

“What the hell?” The boy tried, but it was indeed locked and Kyuhyun was definitely not in there anymore, “Ugh, why me?”

In the end he had to open the door using a coin. He stepped into the bathroom which mirrors were covered in vapor and for a second he wondered how could Kyuhyun shower with such hot water.

He ended up stepping on the paper he had slipped.

“Yep, you sure are dumb Changmin,” he scoffed picking the paper up. “How could he have seen it if it’s still in front of the door, but…” he looked around “did he forget to unlock the door?”

-

On the other hand, Kyuhyun was reading a book in his room calmly and relaxed. He had successfully avoided thinking about humiliation, yet again. However, he was feeling mentally exhausted and he found himself falling into the dark pits of his dreams, the book long forgotten, but his dolphin plushie held close to his chest.

The next morning, the boy woke up and went straight to the bathroom to brush his teeth, but something surprised him, a piece of paper near the sink.

Good morning Kyuhyunnie (^.^)


A.N// OH MY GOD! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long! However, here's the next chapter, it's sort of crappy, but the story is still building up so I don't want to rush into anything. Anyways, THANK YOU SO MUCH for waiting, for reading, for subscribing and for commenting!

 

Please leave comments (^.^)