Hearing memories

Listen to my heart

 

Yunho sighed looking up to the sky.

It'll rain today.

He picked up the last box from his car trunk and made his way into the beautiful, two-floor house. His steps were light, almost as if excited. He had been waiting for this sole moment for years now and it was finally coming true. Jaejoong was about to move in with him in a few hours and although the circumstances weren’t the best or fairy tale like, it was perfect.

Yunho and Jaejoong had known each other their entire lives. They studied together in elementary, middle school, high school and college; at first Jaejoong was invisible to Yunho, and then Yunho protected him from the bullies in middle school and became best friends, confessed each other’s feelings in high school and now they’re moving in together. Yunho couldn’t hide his happiness, they had been through so much, but they had stuck together.

Also, Kyuhyun loved Jaejoong and his older brother thought of this as a plus. Kyuhyun needed a ‘motherly’ figure, someone kind and caring and Jaejoong was the epitome of kindness, care and beauty.

Another benefit, in Yunho’s eyes, was the fact that Changmin would be moving in too. Yunho knew for a fact that Kyuhyun had no friends and even if Changmin and Kyu had never met, the elder thought they could become the best of friends.

After setting all the boxes in the living room, Yunho proceeded to his brother’s room. He didn’t need to knock so he let himself in and was greeted with a figure lying in bed, looking to the ceiling with earphones on and hands on the back of his head. This was a usual sight for Yunho.

The older brother sat down in bed and Kyuhyun sat up watching his brother talk in sign language.

“You should take a bath, Jaejoong and Changmin will be here in an hour.”

“I’ll take a bath now hyung, but promise me Jae hyung will cook dinner for us tonight.” Kyuhyun spoke in his perfect voice and pronunciation.  Even though the boy was deaf, he was very aware of pronunciation, because his voice was the only thing left for him. “I promise.” Yunho ruffled his younger brother’s hair and stood up, but Kyuhyun stopped him.

“Why is Jae’s younger brother moving in with us?” He asked with no emotion or interest. “It’s because his parents divorced and he didn’t want to choose who to stay with. He’s mad at them so Jaejoong thought this was for the best.” Kyuhyun only nodded in response watching Yunho move his hands around.

Once Yunho left, Kyuhyun was left alone with his thoughts, which was rather ironic, amusing in his eyes. He could still hear his thoughts and remember Yunho’s voice, but they were just illusions. They weren’t real and no one could listen to him even when he could talk perfectly fine, because there was nothing to hear.

The brunette made his way to the bathroom, turned up the radio and sat in the bathtub for 30 minutes, looking only ahead.

-

Jaejoong was panicking.

“Did I get everything? I have my CD collection, Yunnie’s shirts, our album, my pans, I have my camera, the movies, my recipes, I have Changmin and I hav-” He stopped, turned around, freaked out and screamed. “Changmin? Changmin where the are you? Shim Changmin! Get here in this instant! You bet-” Again, the raven haired beauty stopped talking as he heard a knock on the door of his room. You see, he was already in the living room, all rooms closed and boxes in the hallway, but someone was knocking from inside his room.

The pretty male sighed, massaging his temples as he walked towards his room, keys in hand. He opened the door and was greeted with a not so amused Changmin glaring at him. The boy looked ready to murder and his pants were ripped at the knee.

Jaejoong laughed nervously, looking around. “Should I ask what happened?” The elder asked grinning innocently.

“There was a rat.” Changmin deadpanned before walking away and Jaejoong would’ve burst laughing had he not known better. His younger brother who was the manly one in his house, the one who wasn’t scared of anything, was scared of a rat. How cute.

“Okay, are you ready to leave?” Jaejoong asked picking up his suitcase. “Yep!”

Once they were in the car, Changmin really had to ask. “Jae, why haven’t I ever met Kyuhyun?”

“I don’t really know. Maybe it’s because you’re always with your friends, or because I moved out at a young age. I don’t know.” Jaejoong answered simply, but Changmin was satisfied. “What is he like?”

“He’s a really nice boy, but he’s kind of like you, although he’s stubborn as . He’s really beautiful, you have to see him, it’s as if he was taken out of a fairy tale. Oh and he’s really smart.” Changmin took in all the information and looked at his brother, who had a look of admiration talking about this Kyuhyun. “BUT, remember he’s deaf so please, don’t make him feel bad, okay?” Changmin nodded, but didn’t know how to feel about this.

“Is he the reason you learned sign language this year?” The younger asked his brother and the elder simply nodded.  The rest of the drive was spent in silence, but it wasn’t uncomfortable or anything. However, before getting off the car once they reached Yunho’s house, Jaejoong said something.

“When you love someone, you’d do anything for them and I mean, anything, Changmin. Be it family, friends or lovers, if it’s love, you’d do anything.” He smiled and ran out of the car and into Yunho’s awaiting arms.

“Yunnie, I missed you so much I couldn’t breathe!” He jumped and wrapped his legs to Yunho’s waist, kissing his boyfriend. “I missed you even more Boo, I thought I was dying!” Yunho replied as the kissed some more and Changmin only scoffed at their actions. They hadn’t seen each other in 3 hours and were already dying. Love? He loved Kibum, but they were far from this.

After fifteen minutes of kissing, or rather making out, the YunJae couple was ready to settle in and take Changmin to his room. “This will be your room Changmin, I hope you like it. About the bathroom, it’s a shared bathroom with Kyuhyun, I hope you don’t mind. Your rooms are linked by it.” The younger looked around the room, it was nice, big and comfortable, and he decided he liked it.

“It’s okay, Yunho hyung, I like it. So where’s your brother?”

“I think he’s still bathing so he’ll be out in a few minutes. Boo baby, could you cook for us today? Kyu’s dying for your food, no one can resist it.” The couple continued walking to the kitchen complementing each other and kissing. Changmin on the other hand, was left to settle in his room and after a few minutes called his boyfriend.

“Hello?” A sweet voice answered.

“Hey Bummie!” Changmin couldn’t help but smile at the sound of his boyfriend’s voice. “Hey Min, you already got to the house?”

“Yeah, I’m in my room and I’m about to eat. I was just calling to let you know I’m okay.”

“I’m glad! Do you like it? Have you met Yunho’s brother yet?” Kibum asked excited. “I haven’t met him, but I will soon and yes, this house is really big and comfortable.”

“I’m so happy! You have to take me there someday, okay? I better leave you so you can enjoy dinner in your new house. Love you!”

“Okay, thank you, I love you too.” They both hung up and Changmin decided to go downstairs and help his hyungs with dinner or more like steal some food. He walked out of his room only to see a boy closing the door of the room next to his.

The boy looked up at him and as soon as their gazed met, the boy’s eyes widened and so did his.


I thought I'd never write this story, but I did it!!! Here it is, the first chapter :D Thank you for subscribing! I hope you like this chapter even if it's only the first one and might be boring, I hope you continue reading it. 

Please comment to let me know what you think of it! :D