Mistake Of Regret

All Time Sweetheart

-YOONA POV-

"Joo Won, GAUZE!" I asked for a piece of cloth like item to absorb up the blood. 

In the midst of all this mess and chaos, I remember the events of the day so clearly. 

"Hello? Yes. I will go back immediately." I received a phone call from Joo Won while I was out eating SubWay with Taecyeon again. Running back at fullspeed, I fell once, cutting my knee very badly. However, I just ignored it and ran back to the hospital. 

"What happened?" I asked Joo Won.

"Attempt of murder. The person used pieces of glass and stabbed the victim. We removed all pieces we could see. According to the CT Scan, there is at least 6 other pieces in her body itself. We can see that 2 of the glasses has cut into the liver, another 2 in the small intestine and I think that because the victim tried to run, there is a piece of glass that has shifted slightly, cutting into the uterus." Joo Won said in a panic. 

"Into operating theatre now!" I said, running, I changed into operating clothing and got myself prepared for the operation. 

"BP stable, vital all stable for now. Start." I said. 

"Mes(a small knife to open up body)." I told Joo Won, my assisting doctor. 

With care, I cut opened the body. I can see 3 pieces of glass. Using something like a picker, I slowly pulled the glass out as my other doctors tried to stop the bleeding. As they slow down the bleeding, I checked for small brittle pieces of glass. I managed to  find the piece of glass that has hit the uterus. Sewing up the uterus part, the small intestine part, I thought that it would be okay. However, that wasn't it. 

"The heart is not beating anymore!" The nurse said. 

"We got to do it(send electricity thru the heart. Shock) now." Joo Won said to me. 

"Cannot. We have not sewn the liver, doing it will activate blood flow and the bleeding will worsen, making things worse."

My mind was in a panic. Suddenly, I realised that it was because a piece of glass was hidden under the heart from the CT Scan with very close observation. I opened up the top of the shirt. Someone opened her up and slip a glass piece in. After many days, the glass piece is now slowly, cutting into the heart muscle. I was going to start sewing the patient up and do shock afterwards but before I could do that, the patient stopped breathing, no pulse rate. Her hand dropped out from the bed. Dead. 

"Professor Im, nothing you can do about it already. The moment the glass was slipped beneath her heart, she was destined to die. Unless we are very careful. However, after days of delay, we can no longer save her. Professor Liu was standing in the viewing room all this while. "It is okay." He said. 

Hearing this, I dropped all my tools. My hand seemed to suffer from immediate parkinson disease and started shaking violently. 

"Finish...finish... up... Shift... the...the body.... body later." I said as I walked out quickly. 

"Doctor, how is she?" I stumbled into the patient's parents outside the operating theatre. 

"She was violently abused. We tried our best but we could not save her." I said afterwhich I ran off. I ran to my office, shut the door, locked the door and just crumbled to the ground. Leaning against the door, I sat down on the ground, hugged my knees and cried. 

"Yoona! Yoona. You got to come out now!" Professor Liu said. 

Suddenly, all went silent. 

"Yoona. Taecyeon here. It is okay. Cry all you want. I will wait here for you." He said and I felt a bump behind my back. It seems that he has sat down on the ground too. 

After dinnertime for overnight duty staff, I finally got up. I packed my things and I opened the door. I dragged my feet out of the office, out of the hospital. Taecyeon followed behind me silently, not asking anything. 

I walked all the way home. All the way. Walking in, I saw Sonia and she looked glum. I wonder if she knew.

I went into my room and locked the door. I showered and then sat down on the ground beside my bed. 

"YOONA? Please talk to me!" Teacyeon said as he banged my door. Suddenly, he unlocked my door with a key and came in. He nearly killed me because...

I CUT MYSELF ON MY WRIST AND BLOOD WAS JUST DRIPPING INTO A PAIL I PREPARED...

-TAECYEON POV-

I have never seen her like this. Opening the door, I was appalled to find her hand dripping blood. I looked into the pail and realised that she just cut herself not too long ago so it is okay. I grabbed a  towel and wrapped it around her. I put a bandage on for her. I cleared the blood into the basin and let her rest. I closed the door and locked the door according to her wish. Sitting with her now, she finally said something to me.

"I killed her. I did not save her. I am so stupid." She said. 

"It was never your fault. It was that sadist fellow who did that to her." I said to her. 

"IT WAS MY FAULT. I HAD LUNCH WITH YOU SO I RAN BACK AND I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO SAVE HER!" She said and suddenly she grabbed the cutter on the floor I forgot to keep and tried to cut herself. At that moment when I looked down, I realised that she scrapped her knee very very badly too. However, I realised that most probably while she was crying in the office, she applied some medication on it too. 

I tried snatching the cutter away from her but she was strong. Instead, I resorted to something I always wanted to do. I kissed her. Shocked, she let of the cutter. I then realised, she wasn't shocked I kissed her. She had always been waiting for it because she instantly wrapped her hands around me and hugged me tight. At that moment, I knew what we both needed and always wanted was each other's body. It was the same 10 years ago when she tried to... but now, I couldn't care less. We were now 10 years older...