Animal Crackers (sharing is caring)

Tread Lightly (you've got growing up to do)

 “Would you like to eat this one?" There was a cat-shaped cracker in the palm of a little grubby hand. his bottom lip the toddler raised his gaze from underneath his fringe to look at the enquirer, who rocked on his heels.

Ignoring the never ending gaze Jongin continued happily rocking on his heels for he had managed to have courage to talk to the new kid. He's not as cool as him obviously but he still had looked cool in the way he’d first greeted them all.

When the air was fresh and the day was new,the teacher had announced something to make them stop colouring. The door opened and curious eyes had followed the movement of a clean neatly-dressed brown haired boy, who was walking to the front.Hoping to disinterest those inquisitive eyes, he rolled his eyes forgetting that his mum said that was rude and he deadpanned; “I’m Sehun.I like a lot of things, like ice-cream, I’m really good at maths and also my mum is my best friend.”

He ignored some snickers ,hunching his shoulders he waddled over to an empty seat and sat down,unaware of curious eyes still watching him- well more like his Pororo green bag. Eyes narrowing determinedly fixed on his bag, Jongin had made up his mind.Then and there he’d try to make friends with him. And if Sehun lent him his bag once in a while that’d be okay too.

When stomachs grumbled and everyone just got that tad bit whinier he thought he was going to eat and be alone and for that he was happy.Was.Scrunching his nose Sehun apprehensively took the slightly sweaty cracker muttering a quick thanks.

Isn't his name Jongin or something? Sehun thought eyeing the other,well whatever he's going to leave now.But Jongin plopped down next to him,took a huge sip of his apple juice and offered Sehun another cracker and another and another.Sehun sighed and opened his own, when he saw the other shaking the empty bag dejectedly.

“You’re the cat, I’m the dog” Jongin pointed to himself and Sehun to make sure that the latter knew who he was talking about but also to remind himself as well. A pause and then his eyes light up before breaking into a care free smile once he remembered the point he was trying to make “but we will get along!”

With a pat to his heart to show that he truly did mean what he said, Jongin quickly bit into the cracker and one of the corners of Sehun’s mouth turned up.

Jongin had been the first to try and befriend him that day, 8 seconds of silence was all he could take before asking incessant questions. Jongin stuck to him –Sehun allowed him to- for the day, week, month, and the rest of his life.

When the bell rang,signalling the end of the day boy was he happy to see his mom. He quickly run into her arms, and then as if remembering something he turned in his moms hold, both of the corners of his mouth turned up and his eyes disappeared into crescents when he waved goodbye albeit shyly to Jongin.

Like a madman Jongin waved back, arms flailing.Sehun stifled a snicker behind his hand when Jongin's mom grabbed his hand to stop him from falling over,lightly scolding him.

------------

shrieks.kids are so urgh- the next will be better.

thanks for reading<3

Brushfire~