Meet The Parents

Yongguk & Yasmin

When I came downstairs the door swung open just like last night. She was wearing this.

 

The very drunken girl from her birthday party was apparently her roommate. She gave me the stink eye and looked at me strange. "Oh Lacey, stop givin him the stink eye." She gave her a hug and Yasmin waved goodbye as we were out the door. I offered to drive her to the airport, because she drove me to around a bit, so I felt like I needed to return the favor. 

When we arrived they had just gotten off of the plane. She ran up to a man with blond hair and piercing blue eyes and a choclate woman with sparkling brown eyes. They both engulfed her in hugs.   

"Mama! Daddy!" She dragged me over to her parents and introduced me to her parents. Her father gave me stink eye the entire time.

When we arrived at the restaurant I was interviewed by her father. He had the thickest southern accent I ever heard. " How did you and Yasmin meet?" He asked. "We have a couple of classes together, sir." "Where you from, boy?" He said, gritting his teeth. "Oh, shug. Lighten up." Her mother said. "I'm from South Korea, sir." "Uh, huh. So when do you plan on marryin' my little girl?" Yasmin almost spit out her water. "Umm, Daddy. Me and Yongguk ain't thinkin' about marriage right now." She said. I didn't think Yasmin had a Southern accent. But now that we're around her parents, it came out. And it was sweet like honey to hear. "Yasmin, baby. Me and your daddy are real sorry that we missed your birthday. So we got you this." Her mother said while placing a little bag on the table. When Yasmim opened the box, she began to cry. "Oh my god, Mama, thank you!" She reached over and gave her mother and father a hug. It was a pipe. It was a wooden, hand carved pipe just like the old folks smoked. Yasmin explained to me that it was her grandfather's pipe and he how he had the "Finest Pipe Ever Made". She also explained how close she was to her grandfather. We drove her parents back to the hotel and I took her home. She spent the night in my dorm (again!) and we just sat and cuddled on the porch, looking up at the stars, while Yasmin smoked that pipe. I didn't mind. "Babe, there's something I wanna give you." I pulled out a little box and opened for her. "What is it?" She asked.

"It's a promise ring. I promise to love and protect you and to never hurt you." I slipped the ring on her finger and she took me in for a passionate kiss.