Chapter 2

x are kisses and o are hugs
Please log in to read the full chapter

It's a Saturday, Kai looks out the window of the car. His driver, Mr. Ahn, asks "Are you alright Jongin?" Kai snaps out of his daze. He looks at Mr. Ahn using the front mirror. He answers "I don't know, sir. I don't know." Mr. Ahn replies "I told you before about calling me sir. Shall i call you master then?" Kai answers "No, don't. I don't like it."

Mr. Ahn replies "What's wrong?" Kai says "I don't know, its just frustrating really. Going back and forth knowing you'd probably end up in the same place again. Quite a bummer, no?" Mr. Ahn answers "It all depends on how you look at it, yes?" Kai replies "I'm just tired," sighing as he looks down.

Mr. Ahn says "Tired of what?" Kai answers "Everything, well, except Haneul. She's so... lively." Mr. Ahn replies "And you are lucky to have her." Kai's lips curl to a smile and says "I sure am, I'm just afraid I'm not perfect for her." Mr. Ahn says "Nobody's perfect Jongin. She loves you with your flaws and accepts you," making a turn.

Kai arrives at the white building that he visits every Saturday in a month, the same thing again. Mr. Ahn walks out and opens the door for him. Kai asks "What would you do if you have 8 seconds to live?" Mr. Ahn answers "I'd make it count Jongin, come on. She's probably waiting for you." Kai nods and walks in the entrance.

He takes the elevator to the eight floor, turning right as he arrives and enter a ward room. He smiles and greets "Omma, I'm here." Mrs. Kim turns her head, a tear escapes her eye seeing her son. She takes her small white board and marker, writing; Jongin, how have you been?

Kai sits by the bed and says "I'm fine omma, though it gets tough here and there." Mrs. Kim rubs

Please log in to read the full chapter